Start by marking “Vampire Knight, Vol. 03 (Vampire Knight, #3)” as Want to Read:
Vampire Knight, Vol. 03 (Vampire Knight, #3)

Vampire Knight, Vol. 03 (Vampire Knight #3)

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  10,170 ratings  ·  156 reviews
Kaname, the pureblood vampire, has kept to his room since learning of Yuki and Zero's forbidden act. However, the arrival of Ichijo's grandfather brings the entire Night Class together to greet one of the oldest vampires on the senate. Ichijo's grandfather says he's there merely to visit his grandson, but he's out for Kaname's blood.
Published October 2nd 2007 by VIZ Media (first published April 5th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Vampire Knight, Vol. 03, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire Knight, Vol. 03

Fruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraVampire Knight, Vol. 01 by Matsuri HinoSpecial A, Vol. 1 by Maki Minami
Favorite Shoujo Manga
28th out of 588 books — 1,226 voters
Death Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 01 by Hiromu ArakawaBleach Volume 01 by Tite Kubo
Best Manga Books
26th out of 430 books — 315 voters

More lists with this book...

Arlene
Vampire Knight 3 is a great installment in this series. The intrigue continues to build in this book and we meet a couple more vampires that I’m still trying to figure out. I liked the back story of Yuki and Kaname that was included in this manga, and I can see now why there are many who are Team Kaname.

This book raises a few questions for me, including:
1. Why is Ichijo’s grandfather, who is the oldest vampire in the senate, after Kaname’s blood?
2. Why is Zero sent to hunt a Level E serial kille
Nic
Dec 29, 2010 Nic rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010, manga
I have now finally decided..........ZERO ALL THE WAY BABY!

description

Now you bookers ~points to Tina, Kim and especially Arlene~ tell me Yuki ends up with Zero PLEASE!
Farhin
Please do not read this review if you have not read the previous volumes of Vampire Knight.

Volume 3 of Vampire Knight was more of a flashback volume, strengthening the backstory of the characters.

In the first chapter Kaname has confined himself to his room after becoming aware of Zero and Yuki's "forbidden act" (which was revealed in vol.2). (view spoiler)
In the midst of all this, Takuma
Alex
The sexual tension continues to ooze from every page. Hino is an absolute master of showing everything and nothing, creating incredibly erotic situations that occasional erupt into graphic blood feeding encounters that are highly ambiguous in nature and perhaps even a little morally problematic (like all good Vampire fiction!). In other words - it's s still fucking hot.

The steady build of the central plot at the moment is simply introducing new characters and hinting at enmities and rivalries t
Nick
Sep 11, 2008 Nick rated it 4 of 5 stars
Overall Rating: B+
Synopsis: Cross Academy is a prestigious private school with a secret. The student body is divided into two classes: the Day Class, which is made up of mortals, and the Night Class, which consists of vampires. Most of the students and staff at the school have no idea this is going on, and apparently think it's normal for a bunch of bishounen to hang out only at night. Despite this, the manga is pulled off well. It focuses on Yuki Cross, adopted daughter of the headmaster, and
Michelle E.
I felt sorry for Yuki when she (view spoiler), but she still remembers it and it hurt her a lot, all the same. What's-her-name still likes Kaname, though, and there's a new vamp girl who has already caused drama just during introductions (that I sense might be more competition who causes drama), not to mention Zero always ...more
Manon-Marie
Nous voici de retour, pour la troisième fois, au sein de l’Académie Cross, un internat qui a la particularité d’enseigner aux humains (avec la Day Class) comme Yuki, la fille adoptive du Directeur et aux vampires (avec la Night Class) dont fait parti Kaname, un puissant sang-pur. Les tensions sont de plus en plus importantes entre ce dernier et Zero, lui aussi adopté par le directeur après le massacre de sa famille par une vampire sang-pur. Devenu vampire à son tour, celui-ci reçoit l’aide de Yu ...more
Sanjee
this was the first one of the series i read, and i was kinda disappointed because the chapters weren't that exciting. but the art was awesome, as always. :]
Elijah Alexi
its great and awesome
Nina
Ah Kaname ^-^
Jacqueline
I LOVE me some character-spectacularness when it comes to my Shoujo. Plot's well and good enough, and we gotta have it, but nothing beats getting to spend just angsty emo-tastic time with our girl Yuki. Throw in some more time spent with Zero and Kaname and I'm all of the euphoric.

Interestingly Volume 3 spent a lot more time focusing on the world, with Yuki kind of feeling pushed to the background more often than not. She was front-and-center, but the story was more about her rather than being
Seb
May 03, 2014 Seb rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Okay, okay. I kind of start to understand why I loved this manga series so much when I was younger. I'm starting to get a little bit more involved in the characters' lives again than I did in the first two volumes. I loved the childhood flashbacks the most (especially adorable little Yuuki trying to get dressed by herself).

Again, the thing that I deplore about this series is Yuuki's helplessness. Many people seem to be really annoyed by Zero's "emo-ness", but I think it's kind of normal for him
Jody Mena
Love Vampire Knight! For some reason I find the dark ambiance of Cross Academy quite charming. Even when the story seems to drag, the characters and setting are enough to get me through. And the plot did drag a bit in this book. Though quite a lot happened, and there was a great deal of back-story provided through flashbacks, the trouble is that new elements keep being slowly added, and too few are being resolved, so that all the actions only seem to be rising actions, and no climax is ever reac ...more
Strangerealms
Patrick, Cueva
Lexi
This book was entertaining because it had a lot of drama and vampires sucking. Literally. Llike they sucked human blood. But another one (Who I thought was actually really hot in the pictures that the author drew) Zero, he takes tablets. He in a weird twisted way is like the Cullens but it's still human blook. It was still an entertaining book don't get me wrong. But Twilight is a lot like the Vampire Knight series. Like so much alike it's not even funny. It's actually kind of creepy. But anyway ...more
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Το τρίτο τεύχος ανταποκρίνεται στο επεισόδια 7 έως 9 και στις νύχτες 10 έως 14. Και ναι, η Hino είναι εκπληκτική σχεδιάστρια, πράγμα που απέδειξε από τα 2 προηγούμενα τεύχη σε αυτό όμως, δίνει ρεσιτάλ, διαχωρίζοντας του καλούς από τους κακούς με λεπτές γραμμές δεξιοτεχνίας αλλά παράλληλα, αναδεικνύοντας μέσα από τα μάτια του καθενός όλα τα συναισθήματα, θετικά ή αρνητικά. Ξεκινώντας με την επίσκεψη του Ichio στην Ακαδημία, παππούς του Ichijo, γεγονός που προκαλεί μια κάποια αναστάτωση, και μετά ...more
Sara Thompson
I love Manga – it’s special and different when compared to American comics/stories. Manga borders on the silly while having serious moments. This one is no exception. I loved it.

Yuki is the adopted daughter of the headmaster of a special boarding school. The day classes are fairly normal but at night a different set of students come to learn and they are vampires.

Yuki works as the special guardian with Zero. Their job is to keep the vampires a secret and prevent them from harming the human stude
Jenny
[Ch. 10-14:]

This one is more informative. You learn more about Yuuki and Kaname. You get to see Zero kill his first vampire and you meet a new character. Very interesting volume.

[Edit: That stupid person (Ichiou) came and was being a jerk to Kaname. The nerve of him..

I commend Kaname for restraining himself and not ripping out his throat.

I love looking back into the past at some of Yuuki's memories with Kaname. She's so cute! ^_^

You know it's so funny, the only difference between what they looke
Amy Keeley
May 01, 2012 Amy Keeley rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of good vampire stories
Alison (AlisonCanRead)
The third volume at Vampire Knight features Kaname and Zero equally. I really do think the Kaname should have gotten full billing in this volume since Volume 2 was primarily about Zero, but hopefully we'll get more Kaname in future volumes.

The book begins with Kaname depressed after learning that Yuki freely gave her blood to ease Zero's pain. We get an idea of just how special Yuki and Kaname are to one another. We already know that Kaname saved Yuki from a vampire when she was a little girl.
Ciel  Phantomhive
I love this volume the most because it shows Yuki-chan and Zero-kun's past. It shows how they became bonded and how Zero-kun grew to fall in love with Yuki-chan. Only thing is that Kaname-sama was getting in the way sometimes! But... when my friend told me that Vampire Knight reminded her of Twilight... I nearly lost it! Zero-kun and Kaname-sama are BOTH VAMPIRES and Yuki-chan is a human who lets Zero-kun use her as a blood bank! There's NO RESEMBLANCE WHAT SO EVER!!! t(=_=t)
Apple12350
There really wasn't much happening except for a new student appearing in this volume and how Yuuki still lets Zero drink her blood. There are also some flashbacks as well where Yuuki is so adorable! Especially where she tried to put on clothes herself and how Kaname was laughing so much! You can tell that Kaname likes Yuuki but the question is as what. Especially with the age difference and everything and how he acts towards Yuuki and when she's with Zero.
Smaileh
We get a lot of back-story in this volume. I was surprised to learn that the Night Class has been included at Cross Academy for only about 2 or 3 years--I had assumed that it was a long-standing tradition. Kaname was the one who brought Yuki to the Headmaster when he saved her from the vampire that night in the snow 10 years ago. After that, he visited her every year. Since she could not remember anything about her life before that night, the anniversary became the day when they would celebrate ...more
Rachelvalle
* VAMPIRES AND HUMANS CAN READ THIS MESSAGE!!!

Ichijo's (A high school vampire boy)Grandfather is coming to the school and he has a problem with it maby because him and his grandfather might interfear with Kaname? (A Pure blood vamire)
And this shows storyes how Yuki was saved by kaname and how Zero became living with Yuki and the head master and did not get along with Yuki and Kaname, and how Yuki got a little apart from Kaname. And a new student to the Night class Academy; she's a Vampire nam
MissAnnThrope
31 December 2012

There's a new kid in town and, boy, is she annoying. I'm finding that I really do not like the female characters in this series so far. I keep waiting for Yuki to show her strength and why she deserves to be a Guardian. I really hope she doesn't play the damsel-in-distress role for much longer. I would like to see her character grow and toughen up some.

Vampire Knight, Volume 3 focuses on giving the backstory of the main characters. The history of Kaname and Yuki's relationship is
Kate
In this volume the focus moves away from Zero turning into a vampire to Kaname and his relationship to Yuki. Kaname saved Yuki from a bad vampire 10 years ago, when Yuki was 5 (and so cute!). As she grew up, Yuki always liked being around Kaname, until Zero arrived, a boy whose family had been murdered by vampires. He takes an instant dislike to Kaname and all vampires, and disapproves of Headmaster Cross's idea to start a Night Class for vampires at Cross Academy. At the end of this volume, a n ...more
Morgan
SOME SPOILERS** This volume was very exciting. It was a great climax to the next two novels. Things start to begin to seem a little off as well. We see the interest Kaname has in Yuki but it seems a bit strange.
Camilla
Feb 06, 2011 Camilla rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
I love this series, and this was another volume that left me hooked. Not mauch happened in this one, but I still liked it. I love the romance between Yuki and Kaname, it's sort of hidden and kept secretive from us and even themselves. I love their relationship, it's one of the things that left me hooked. I also love Zero and Yuki's relationship, Zero's feelings are very hard to understand but it keeps the books interesting. I'm always left wondering what he is thinking...
In this installment, Ich
Slayermel
Jan 23, 2011 Slayermel rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoy's manga
This is the third instalment in the Vampire Knight Series and it keeps getting more exciting as we continue on through the series. In this instalment we get to meet Maria Kurenai and you just know that she is tied to the death of Zero’s family. I can’t wait to read the fourth instalment to find out what’s going to happen. She just seems so purely evil, I can’t explain it. Even the night class seems to be suspicious.

Zero has been summoned on a Level E Vampire Hunt mission and decides to go off al
Vampire Knight RP: Shiki Senri 2 6 Nov 02, 2012 10:05AM
  • Black Bird, Vol. 2 (Black Bird, #2)
  • Fruits Basket, Volume 21
  • Chibi Vampire, Vol. 05
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 10
Name in Japanese: 樋野 まつり

Matsuri Hino was born on January 24 in Hokkaido. She was a bookshop keeper who one day decided to become a manga artist, and all of nine months later, in 1995, she published her first manga title, Kono Yume ga Sametara (When This Dream Is Over), in Japan's LaLa DX magazine.
More about Matsuri Hino...
Vampire Knight, Vol. 01 (Vampire Knight, #1) Vampire Knight, Vol. 04 (Vampire Knight, #4) MeruPuri, Vol. 1 (MeruPuri, #1) Vampire Knight, Vol. 09 (Vampire Knight, #9) Vampire Knight, Vol. 02 (Vampire Knight, #2)