Voices from the Past: Puritan Devotional Readings

Voices from the Past: Puritan Devotional Readings

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  36 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Richard Rushing has compiled this book of daily devotional readings from his favourite Puritan authors because of the great help he has gained from their Works. 'How thrilling it has been for me to read the Puritans on the glory and attributes of God, divine providence, fellowship with God, holiness of life and the mortification of indwelling sin, heavenly mindedness, pray...more
Published June 1st 2010 by Banner of Truth (first published December 1st 2009)

Nathan White
I would recommend this book over any devotional book I've every come across. It is a useful book on several fronts: as an introduction to the puritans, as a short but deep resource for family devotions, as a quick devotion for those with very little time (mothers!). This is an excellent work. The daily portions are easy to read and can be done so in less than 5 minutes, and this is accomplished without sacrificing anything to content! But I have three complaints which keep me from giving it 5 st...more
Edwards1689
This is by far the best devotional I have ever read. A daily dose of the puritans is ideal,
and through this book you can learn a few more authors you want to look into further. The selections are excellent, and as always, the Puritan writers are incomparable. Convicting and apt every day. Richard Rushing has given the reformed Christians in the world a wonderful daily source of biblical truth.
Tom Brainerd
I purchased copies of this for each of the families in our congregation two Christmases ago. It has proven wonderful for us, and the feedback from the congregation has been good.

We use this around the table at lunch, and the insights are always provoking of edifying discussion.
Ryan
A very solid, year round devotional with writings from many of my very favorite English Puritan authors. In here lies a rich well full of the best of 17th century inspiration. Take up and eat...
Douglas Wilson
This is a very fine devotional, culled from the writings of many of the Puritans. Very sound, very good, very worthwhile.
Becky Pliego
Wonderful, definitely my favorite devotional. We have used it in our family devotions for two years now.
Corrine
This devotional will challenge and edify you daily. It has been wonderful and an encouragement.
Lacie
Excellent collection of devotionals.
Linda
absolutely wonderful devotional book!
Alyssa
Alyssa is currently reading it
Apr 10, 2014
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Jestine Maribel
Jestine Maribel marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Kwizera Daniel
Kwizera Daniel marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
Megan
Megan added it
Jan 29, 2014
Lydia
Lydia marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2013
Derek Kauffman
Derek Kauffman marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2013
Peggy
Peggy marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2013
Joshua David
Joshua David marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2013
Sarah Simpson
Sarah Simpson marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2013
Davy
Davy marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2013
Cammy Chernock
Cammy Chernock marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2013
Gail Merry
Gail Merry marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2013