Start by marking “Devil May Cry (Dark-Hunter, #11)” as Want to Read:
Devil May Cry (Dark-Hunter, #11)

Devil May Cry (Dark-Hunter #7)

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  25,001 ratings  ·  796 reviews
As an ancient Sumerian god, Sin was one of the most powerful among his pantheon. . . Until the night Artemis brutally stole his godhood and left him for dead. For millennia, this ex-god turned Dark-Hunter has dreamed only of regaining his powers and seeking revenge on Artemis. If only life were that simple.

Unfortunately he has bigger fish--or in Sin's case--demons, to fry.
Published August 7th 2007 by St. Martin's Press (first published August 3rd 2007)

Exina
Feb 12, 2014
“It's not fair to show someone the sun and then to banish him from it.
Even the devil may cry when he looks around hell and realizes that he's there alone.”

Devil May Cry is the story of Sin of Sumeria and Katra Agrotera.

Kat already appeared in previous books of the series. She is the daughter of (view spoiler), bearer of not only unimaginable power and strength, but also kindness and honesty. She is fair-minded and caring.

Sin is an ancient Sume
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
Jun 14, 2009 Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of well-written paranormal romance and urban fantasy, mythology fans
If Kenyon had been borne before modern times, she would have been a traveling bard. For this woman can tell a story like no other writer on earth. I have been a fan of hers for almost ten years, starting with her historical romances written as Kinley MacGregor. I had turned away from my true self, abandoning the world of fantasy and the supernatural. I didn't read any horror, fantasy, and I turned my nose up at paranormal. 'Who wants to read a book with a vampire as a romance hero?' I scoffed. I ...more
Sita Sargeant
I feel like such a bad person for dislikeing this book. I mean so many people loved it, saying stuff like this is my favorite out of the whole series ect. I just couldn’t see it. I couldn’t connect with either of the main characters. I didn’t the plot and I sure as hell didn’t like the end. Full review to come.
♡♥Ang ♥♡
Miss Kim
Oct 27, 2008 Miss Kim rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all dark-hunter lovers
I LOVED it! Sin is a Sumerian Fertility God whos powers were removed by Artemis thousands of years ago. Katra is one of Artemis's Kori who is sent by Artemis to kill Sin. After traking him down, and getting to know him a bit, she finds all that Artemis says may not be the truth. Shocker.

Katra finally gets to meet her father, Ash. Not many books make me cry, but I teared up when Ash finally learns of her existance after eleven thousand years, and gets to meet her. He is just so wonderful!
AJ
I absolutely loved it, my fave of all of the Dark Hunter books so far.

Katra is a phenomenal heroine – I loved everything about her. She’s witty and sarcastic, and uber-powerful, and I love the way she handles everything that goes down in the story. Same with the oh-so-hot and tortured Alpha hero, Sin. And the two of them together were absolute dynamite. There was intense chemistry from the beginning, and brilliant banter throughout. And they had a great partnership, both of them battling togeth
Julianna
Jun 22, 2012 Julianna rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of PNR Romance or the Dark-Hunters
Reviewed for THC Reviews
"3.5 stars" This far along in the Dark-Hunter series, there are still things that I enjoy about it. The characters are usually likable and generally relatable, the Greek mythology woven into the stories is interesting, and the overall Dark-Hunter concept is intriguing. These things, as well as being a huge fan of Acheron and very much wanting to read his story, have kept me coming back and slowly working my way though the series. However, lately, whenever I pick up one of
Ronda  Tutt
Siobhan
Aug 08, 2007 Siobhan rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who read any of the DH books
Seriously, this has to be my favorite of the series. I would NOT recommend reading this book first, but for anyone who has followed along over the years-this book answers questions, gives more insight into main characters (like Ash) and just is a fantastic read. It's classic Kenyon but with SO much more and leaves you dying waiting for the next book to come out. This is a book I will probably wind up reading a billion times over because it was THAT GOOD.
Carmen
Nov 09, 2014 Carmen rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kenyon fans
Shelves: fiction, romance
I'm torn on how to review this.

On one hand, this is a good story. It's exciting, has an interesting plot, and a wide range of a variety of characters.

However, if you (like me) are hoping for a good romance, a good love story - you are S.O.L.

Two immortal, all-powerful beings fall in love with each other. Actually, they don't. I use the term 'fall in love' extremely loosely. They basically meet each other and decide they want to have sex with each other - NOT the same as love, in my opinion.

The be
Leah
Holly
I WANTED to like this book. Unfortunately, it fell flat compared to the other DH books. No matter how much i tried, i simply couldn't force myself to care about, or even really like Kat. Her character has grated on my nerves since her first appearance in the series. And an entire book about her, did nothing to endear her to me.

**spoiler**

Also, There were several aspects of this story that didn't add up. Sin forgiving Kat so easily for what she had done to him in the past, being the main bone of
TJ
4.5/5.0

This is probably my favorite in this series since Kenyon strayed from the original Dark Hunters. Both Katra and Sin are characters one can absolutely fall in love with - and undoubtably will! Both are members of the God's pantheons, both know and have lived with both the good and bad that entails. Where Katra was essentially loved and cared for, however, Sin has seen the very worst of what the Gods can do. While Sin is bent of vengeance and trusts no one, Katra's overwhelming love and com
Mahlet
I loved this hero Sin - absolutely gorgeous, Sumerian, and tortured of course ;) Sin has curly black hair, topaz lion-like eyes, and due to his heritage, darkly tanned skin. What an awesome combination! I have a weakness for Italian/Latin/Middle Eastern...basically, anything exotic, and Sin is it! Sin is similar to past Dark-Hunters I've loved in that he's shunned by the Dark-Hunter community and misunderstood (think Zarek and Valerius). The book starts off with Sin taking the heroine Kat prison ...more
Great read! Sin is positively SINFUL.............Kat and Sin are great together BUT more importantly.............what happened between Kat and Ash took top honors in this book...........it was heartwarming, very sweet and was glad to read Ash getting just a little bit of happiness.

Artemis is such a cold hearted, self centered, selfish, lying, no conscience BITCH and I hope somewhere in the rest of this series she gets whats coming to her.

On to the next one............................
Jacqueline
May 11, 2010 Jacqueline rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves sarcastically dry humor, sexy characters, and kick ass fight scenes.
Recommended to Jacqueline by: No one; but the series was recommended by a kind Books-A-Million
While every single Dark-Hunter novel kicks serious ass in some way or another, I think that Devil May Cry proves on a another level just how talented Sherrilyn Kenyon is as a creative writer.

Each Dark-Hunter novel shares about the same characteristics- almost all include something related to the Daimons or Apollites. While the common perception might be that carrying over the same "bad guys" could make the books boring, such is not the case for each story is unique unto itself. However, that be
Zeek
If I remember correctly, Devil May Cry was not as popular with the reviewer's as some of Kenyon's earlier Dark Hunter novels.

Me? I liked it, because no matter what other people say, Kenyon's not only did it as one of the firsts, she did it best. Sure there are times we feel cheated on some of the stories because we all have ideas on how some of these characters tales should be told and it would seem Kenyon is so busy cranking out their stories she doesn't seem to take the time to tell their stor
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Sharon

I'm not quite sure how to review this book. I enjoyed many parts of it....and others just annoyed me.

The Sin/Kat story was very interesting. I love how certain characters just know that they've fallen in love fast and hard. What I didn't like was how Acheron was instantly a father and how his daughter kept calling him daddy. (Don't boo me yet..) I know that he is Simi's "dad" but I just felt that that type of intimacy between a father and daughter came a little to fast for me. I can see
P.Z.
อ่านแล้วไม่รู้สึกถึงเคมีระหว่างพระนางจริงๆนะ ไม่รู้ทำไม ! แต่เรารู้สึกว่าเรื่องของแอชกลบเรื่องของคู่หลักไปจนหมดเลย คงเป็นเพราะใกล้จะถึงเล่มของแอชด้วยแหละ แอชก็เลยเด่นขึ้นผิดหูผิดตา ฮ่าๆ อีกอย่างนึงที่เราไม่ค่อยชอบเกี่ยวกับเล่มนี้ก็คือเชอร์ริลีนเธอขยายวงศ์เทพเจ้าให้กว้างมากยิ่งขึ้นจนไปครอบครุมวงศ์สุเมเรียนเข้าไปอีก นั่นทำให้เรารู้สึกว่าเนื้อเรื่องเล่มนี้อิรุงตุงนังไปหมด มีทั้งดาร์ค-ฮันเตอร์ ดรีม-ฮันเตอร์ เทพเจ้ากรีกโรมัน ไหนจะแอตแลนเตียนอีกละ อ่านแล้วปวดหัวเบาๆ โดยเฉพาะชื่อไอเท็มแปลกๆในเล่มนี้เนี ...more
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
I always have hit and misses with Sherrilyn's books but this one I thought was really well written. Very entertaining and even little suspense in there. But mostly I like this one cause it made me care about the characters involved and made me care about the romance/relationship between the two main characters. It's a good read so I highly recommend.
JenJenBoBin
"Five Big Ones for Sin & Katra!!!"

"Vengeance. Some say it’s a poison that infiltrates the soul and strips it bare. That its path only destroys the one who treads it. But to others, it’s mother’s milk. It nourishes and thrives— gives them a reason to survive when they have nothing more to hold them to this world."
Katie
This was the most emotional book in the series thus far. While Artemis keeping Kat a secret from Acheron doesn't surprise me, it does tick me off...royally. It was her own her selfishness that kept father and daughter apart for 11 thousand years. She knew very well what she was doing and how much it was going to hurt Ash, yet she still wants him to love her.

I cried when Ash finally met Kat and knew that she was his daughter. Kenyon was masterful when she wrote those scenes. Acheron' s pain at n
Déborah Muñoz

El libro no está nada mal: tiene acción y la historia no está nada mal. El único problema que le veo es que Sin (aunque tenga sus razones) es un poco demasiado tozudo y desconfiado. Por otro lado, Katra es un poco prejuiciosa con respecto a daimons y demás, especialmente teniendo en cuenta quién es su abuela y que no ve con tan malos ojos a Stryker.
Se meten unas nuevas criaturas, los demonios gallu, quizás porque después de tantos y tantos libros una está harta de daimons y weres por todas part
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Katra is sent to kill Sin by her mother, Artemis. He seems truly deserving of death, until she learns what he's really doing. Sin has been so betrayed, by so many especially Artemis, that he prefers solitude. Sin and Katra are surprised when love finds them both, and Kat gives Sin her virginity. Surprise! Surprise! Katra is also Acheron's daughter, he has never known but Kat, Appolymi, and Simi have. Simi and Xirena go to help Kat and Sin with the gallu demons and they discover other surprising ...more
crayolaab
This was not my favorite Dark-Hunter book, although I did find the gallu a formidable opponent. It was also interesting to get a bigger glimpse into the world of the gods, particularly the relationship between Acheron, Artemis and Kat. Unfortunately I felt like the connection between Sin and the Gallu wasn't fully fleshed out and at times the plot seemed a bit forced.

Overall this book was definitely worth reading because it really advances the knowledge of the world of the gods, but it could hav
Denise Lancaster
Después de haber estado un lustro esperando para que Kat y Acheron se encontraran, finalmente sucedió.

Antes que nada quiero decir que desde ya, yo ya sabía hacía tiempo que Katra era hija de Acheron y Artemisa, así que la confirmación de ese hecho no fue una sorpresa para mí. Pero sí, estaba súper entusiasmada porque Acheron se enterara y por el tan esperado encuentro.

Debo decir, que si bien el encuentro fue muy lindo y lloré (lo admito), me parece que la reacción de Acheron fue demasiado ligh
Natalia815
Confirmado, la señora Sherrilyn Kenyon ha hecho que me vuelva a enganchar a la saga. Y quién es el culpable de este enganche, pues Ash y mi ansía viva por llegar a su libro.

Katra en el libro anterior, me parecía bastante fría y ahora entiendo perfectamente porque era así. En cambio en este libro la conocemos un poco más y nos enamora por completo.

Tenemos nuevos malos en el horizonte y eso me gusta.

Ya me queda menos para el libro de Ash, espero que alguna vez se pueda librar de Artemisa
Cindyg
Oh how I loved this story about Sin and Kat. They are terrific in this 13th book in the Dark Hunters series. I also learned more about Ash, and I am so ready and nervous about his story. This was an excellent read, you won't be disappointed.
Mila
I have to say this is the best of the series so far. :D I enjoy reading the story of Sin and Kat. Goooood! Artemis is getting on my nerves. Such a bitch. Im so excited to read the story of Acheron.
Kenyons Minions: Devil May Cry BOTM 8 18 Jul 24, 2014 03:08PM
The Lost Challenges: Book 12 Devil may Cry (June 16 to 30) 15 19 Sep 29, 2013 03:39PM
Who wants to see Artemis die a very painful death say I 94 108 Jan 14, 2013 04:04PM
Order of Series 3 40 Dec 07, 2008 01:40PM
Kenyon Minions 1 15 Feb 11, 2008 09:07AM
  • Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London, #0.5; Dream-Hunter, #0.5)
  • Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark, #7)
  • Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #3; Demonica, #8)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3)
  • Mind Game (GhostWalkers #2)
  • Shades of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #7)
  • Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changeling, #7)
  • Gideon (Nightwalkers, #2)
  • Tapestry (Were-Hunter, #0.5; Highlander, #8; De Piaget, #10)
Official Author site
Official Author Free Mobile App
US Publisher Kenyon site
Official UK Publisher Kenyon site
Official Chronicles of Nick site
Official Taiwan Publisher Dark-Hunter site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Menyons (thousands of whom proudly sport tattoos from her series and
More about Sherrilyn Kenyon...
Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter companion novel) Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter, #3) Acheron (Dark-Hunter, #8) Night Play (Were-Hunter, #1) Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)

“She didn't understand that. "How can anyone be afraid of love?"
"How can they not?" His face was completely aghast. "When you love someone... truly love them, friend or lover, you lay your heart open to them. You give them a part of yourself that you give to no one else, and you let them inside a part of you that only they can hurt—you literally hand them the razor with a map of where to cut deepest and most painfully on your heart and soul. And when they do strike, it's crippling—like having your heart carved out. It leaves you naked and exposed, wondering what you did to make them want to hurt you so badly when all you did was love them. What is so wrong with you that no one can keep faith with you? That no one can love you? To have it happen once is bad enough... but to have it repeated? Who in their right mind would not be terrified of that?”
1352 likes
“You know the incredible thing about hearts is their unbelievable capacity for forgiveness. You’d be amazed what people will overlook when they love someone. (Acheron)” 511 likes