Start by marking “No Holding Back [Harlequin NASCAR Series]” as Want to Read:
No Holding Back [Harlequin NASCAR Series]

No Holding Back [Harlequin NASCAR Series] (The Garrisons #1)

3.70  ·  Rating Details  ·  143 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
SHE HAS ONLY ONE WEAKNESS…

Isabel Turner knows how perilous the professional racing world can be—on and off the track. As a PR executive representing NASCAR's top drivers, she spent years proving her worth. Now, as she's about to take over her uncle's high-powered position at the firm, Isabel stands to lose her reputation, job and her uncle's respect—just to have racer Cad

Published September 1st 2008 by Harlequin Enterprises (first published November 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about No Holding Back [Harlequin NASCAR Series], please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Holding Back [Harlequin NASCAR Series]

Alyson Allman
May 05, 2015 Alyson Allman rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: strictly-romance
It's pretty rare that I give a book one star but honestly I had a hard time getting through this book.

Let me start by saying I am not a NASCAR fan, and I was given this book by a friend because they know I love romance books.

This book was disappointing to me from start to finish. First of all the main female bars get is so immersed in her work she has no time for anything, except apparently a random hookup with a nascar racing champion? And then that one hookup turns into her basically being o
Amy "the book-bat"
This book fulfills requirement 9 ~ sports for the 2015 eclectic reader challenge. (could also count for #5 ~ Contemporary romance)

This book is the first in a trilogy of NASCAR based romance novels written by Liz Allison and Wendy Etherington. As a NASCAR fan, I felt the racing-related parts of the novel were very accurate. This is largely due to the fact that Liz Allison was a driver's wife, so she would have been involved in the sport. I enjoyed this book quite a bit. I just wish the character
Judy
Jan 16, 2016 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No Holding Back by Liz Allison & Wendy Etherington
The Garrison’s Book 1
Isabel Turner had a rough life until her uncle took her into his home when she was fifteen. She owed him for everything, especially her job. Isabel followed the rules and did well at her PR job until one night she broke one of the rules. She couldn’t be involved with any NASCAR drivers, especially not one endorsed by a competitor.

Cade Garrison was the youngest in his family and after an accident that removes his brother
Lindsay Allison
Jan 24, 2016 Lindsay Allison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I am giving this a solid four stars for a couple of reasons.

First, I enjoyed this significantly more than I thought I would. I enjoy reading contemporary romance novels, but I wasn't expecting to be too excited about this one mostly because it was about NASCAR. I don't like NASCAR and therefore had never read a NASCAR book. It's the reason why this has been sitting on my bookshelf for 5 years and I hadn't read it yet. I was expecting little to no interest in the book.

I was wrong.

It's always exci
Nicole Thomas
Jul 01, 2015 Nicole Thomas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Found that I am truly hooked on this series of books. FINALLY!! Harlequins that are smut free. Any true NASCAR fan will appreciate that each and every author in the NASCAR Library has taken the time to get every last little detail of the sport precise and accurate.
Rkb 2015
May 12, 2015 Rkb 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Rkb by: Amy
Cookie
Dec 15, 2014 Cookie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
gosh very lack luster for a romance
Just - The romance reader
I'm not a Nascar fan, but I do love fast cars and hunky athletes so the book has definite appeal. The characters had good personalities and the chemistry between them was good.

"No Holding Back" is an enjoyable read with plenty of action, and details to make the story not just a fluffy romance. The plot had real life complication and drama added to the romance, which was great.
Catherine Edwards
This book was insanely good. I reread it every couple months, thats how much I love it. And the good news is the next book in this series is due out soon and will be availible in days! YEY! This book is an awesome read. It ties into the other Harlequin stories but isn't dependent on them anymore than they are dependent on it.
Carol
Mar 29, 2009 Carol rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book in the Nascar series was a fast, good read. Perfect for taking on vacation or reading at the beach. I learned more about NASCAR sponsorhips and the difference between the Nextel series and the Busch series.
Cheryl
Jan 13, 2013 Cheryl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it not a heavy read, nice and light with just enough struggle...I think this is the 5th or 6th time I've read it, great when I need a smile and heck there's even some NASCAR tossed in!
Jodi
Jan 10, 2010 Jodi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2010
Read this trilogy backwards so I was a little bored reading this one last.
Tanya
Feb 20, 2012 Tanya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good.
Sheila Reid
Sheila Reid marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
james lee patty
james lee patty marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Summaiya
Summaiya marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Alison
Alison rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2016
Tez
Tez added it
May 15, 2016
Saamia Majid
Saamia Majid marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Outi
Outi rated it it was ok
Apr 06, 2016
Nancy Nieslawski
Nancy Nieslawski marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Tracey
Tracey is currently reading it
Mar 03, 2016
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2016
Yvonne
Yvonne marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2016
Whitney
Whitney marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2016
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2016
  • Total Control (NASCAR, #5)
  • Almost Famous
  • A NASCAR Holiday: Ladies, Start Your Engines...\'Tis the Silly Season\Unbreakable
  • Thunderstruck
  • Back on Track
  • A Very NASCAR Holiday (Colby Agency, #35)
  • Danger Zone
  • Overheated (Harlequin NASCAR, #25)
  • All the Right Angles
  • Into the Wild (The McGraws, #2)
  • Special of the Day
  • The Power of Love
  • This Perfect Kiss
  • The Sweet Spot
  • Marshall Conrad: A Superhero Tale
Liz Allison is the widow of NASCAR Legend Davey Allison - who passed away July 13th, 1993 after the helicopter he was piloting crashed at Talladega Speedway in Alabama.

Since his death, she has authored and co-authored several NASCAR related books. She recently broke into the Romance genre by co-authoring the book "No Holding Back."

She also does TV and Radio work
More about Liz Allison...

The Garrisons (3 books)
  • Risking Her Heart (The Garrisons, #2)
  • Winning It All (The Garrisons, #3)