Start by marking “The Amory Wars: In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
The Amory Wars: In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Vol. 1

The Amory Wars: In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Vol. 1

From Coheed & Cambria's Claudio Sanchez, comes a deeper look into saga behind their best-selling album, In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth! Coheed and Cambria lead a seemingly normal, quiet life with their four children. Yet whe
Published November 9th 2010 by BOOM! Studios (first published November 2nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Amory Wars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Amory Wars

Ross Patrick
Dec 17, 2012 Ross Patrick rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
This graphic novel was genius. It went along with the Coheed Album so well and kept me guessing as to what would happen next. Claudio Sanchez has created a unique sci-fi world and created an amazing hard rock album to go along with it.
Rikki Landry
Jan 11, 2014 Rikki Landry rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed IKSSE3 better than SSTB. I could relate more to claudio's character in this book more than coheed and cambria in second stage turbine blade.
Tracie Fairman
Sep 16, 2013 Tracie Fairman rated it it was amazing
I had to read this twice, I loved it so much.
Bill
May 31, 2015 Bill rated it it was ok
Shane
Aug 06, 2015 Shane rated it it was ok
The writing started off really clunky then got to bearable at some point. The names are all really bad: "Sizer" ,"Inferno", "Mayo", "The Crowing". Yuck. The story is epic, with a big evil baddie (named Wilhelm Ryan - another lame sounding name for a guy who basically the Darth Vader of the series) and a revolution (kinda). I am curious where it goes so as long as I can get the next one from the library I'll give it a whirl.

For some reason this reminds me of the Micronauts (a series I LOVE) but I
Joe
The comics more add to the music than the music adds to the comics, really. I enjoy the stories well enough, but there are points at which lyrical references seem a little bit forced, and many of the names seem a little...off? Easy enough things to overlook in favor of a cool story that helps to evoke clearer ideas when listening to the music, at least. Looking forward to seeing digital editions of the rest of the comics.
Todd
May 08, 2015 Todd rated it really liked it
This is 3.5 really but As goodreads doesn't account for half stars I'm willing to round up because of the enjoyment from reading were only slightly off put by the quibbles I had with the book. (Or because of Peter David's bio in the back. Make sure you don't skip it.)

The story is good but the references seem forced at times. The dialogue is a bit better.

The art makes it. This is quality sci-if art. Strange but recognizable.
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
Dec 04, 2010 Michelle (In Libris Veritas) rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Coheed and Cambria Fans
I really love this series and the whole creativity of having music to go with it. It's a pretty interesting read and it's pretty quick to get through as well. I enjoyed finding out what Claudio has gone through since it all started.
Kate
Mar 07, 2013 Kate rated it it was amazing
The artwork is especially stunning in this volume. I spent a lot of time just staring at the page in awe. Such an amazing read.
William Fuentes
Sep 10, 2012 William Fuentes rated it it was amazing
Was awesome! Love the narration Claudio gives while talking with his past Girlfriend's dog Apollo. Illustrations are getting better and the story is crazy!
Bob
Bob rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2013
AOSR
AOSR rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2012
Jim
Jim rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2012
Timo
Timo rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2013
Cody
Cody rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2013
Brandon Parrish
Brandon Parrish rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2013
Sabrina
Sabrina rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2013
Edd
Edd rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2012
Derek McDaniel
Derek McDaniel rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2016
Christopher Lynn
Christopher Lynn rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2012
Matthew Cornman
Matthew Cornman rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2015
Jill
Jill rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2012
Ernesto Rivera
Ernesto Rivera rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2011
Tin
Tin rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2011
Deanna
Deanna rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2012
Elissa Loomis
Elissa Loomis rated it really liked it
Jan 07, 2015
Steve
Steve rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2015
Kimmi
Kimmi rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2011
Jeremy
Jeremy rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2013
Joshua
Joshua rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Legendary Star-Lord, Vol. 2: Rise of the Black Vortex
  • Skullkickers Vol. 3: Six Shooter on the Seven Seas
  • Guardians of the Galaxy, Volume 4: Original Sin
  • Extraordinary X-Men, Volume 1: X-Haven
  • Two-Step
  • Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy - Prelude
  • Lucifer, Book Four (Lucifer, #4)
  • Adventure Time Vol. 7
  • Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? 3 (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?,#3)
  • Rocket Raccoon, Volume 2: Storytailer
  • Return of the Living Deadpool (The Living Deadpool, #2)
  • All-New, All-Different Avengers, Volume 1: The Magnificent Seven
  • Haunt, Volume 1
  • Groot
  • The Mighty Thor, Volume 1: Thunder in Her Veins
  • Deadpool, Volume 8: All Good Things…
  • DC Comics Year by Year: A Visual Chronicle
Claudio Paul Sanchez III (born March 12, 1978, in Suffern, New York, United States) is an American writer and musician of Puerto Rican and Italian descent best known for being the lead singer and guitarist for the alternative/progressive rock group Coheed and Cambria. He is the creator of the comic book series The Amory Wars, as well as Key of Z and Kill Audio, both co-written with wife Chondra Ec ...more
More about Claudio Sánchez...