Rescue Your Love Life: Changing Those Dumb Attitudes & Behaviors That Will Sink Your Marriage [ABRIDGED]

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  10 reviews
The bestselling author duo of Dr. Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend come to the aid of listeners who are drowning in a sea of good intentions and misplaced priorities with Rescue Your Love Life. Sure to top the charts of the Relationship/Marriage category, this title shows couples how to ignite their marriage with 50 irresistable attitudes and behaviors. Beginning with s...more
Audio CD, Abridged
Published September 15th 2005 by Oasis Audio (first published February 29th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Rescue Your Love Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rescue Your Love Life

Chris Walker
Many people would dismiss this book because of its Christian perspective but these guys (there are two authors) are clinical psychologists first and work from a perspective that a marriage is worth fighting for and can be strengthened with will on both sides, despite the problems that inevitably creep up in life.
Adrienna
Maybe I should not read this until I have such issues; yet, I'm proactive. However, there are couple's stories that I guess I'm least interested since I'm not in such a relationship at this time. Skimming through...to the good parts.

So far, this is the best part of the book:
"James tells us that we sin because we are carried away by our own desires: 'Each one is tempted when, by his own desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when...more
Donna
I read this book off and on in the past eight or so months. I learned a great deal about myself, my marriage, and the complexities of relationships. I saw myself from another perspective, which was interesting and a growing experience. My husband didn't read it and probably never will considering how I needed to take many breaks to digest and regroup. It would be ideal if we both read it. However, I am confident I can put much in place and reap the rewards, regardless. It was well written and pr...more
Heather P
I really like what Henry Cloud writes. I had been reading this book for over 6 months here and there! I found alot of the information helpful. Alot of information in this book has a spiritual aspect to it. I found alot of the story sinerios interesting and I could relate to alot of them at times.
Becky
I read this book and used the workbook as I went through it. I've learned a lot. Hopefully I'll be able to put these positive attitudes and behaviors into my daily life and make my marriage better.
Jeannette
This book is a great read and you don't have to be married to appreciate it. We all have relationships that would benefit from the attitudes and information in this book.
Michael
Great stuff that will help any marriage become stronger.
Chee Keong
Relationship and emotional book.
Maria
Listened to the audio book.
Lisa
Sep 01, 2008 Lisa marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Marriage
Ruth Ann
Ruth Ann marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Tery
Tery added it
Jul 21, 2014
R Latimore
R Latimore marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Amber Chapais
Amber Chapais marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Crtw
Crtw marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Katyb78
Katyb78 marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Bekah
Bekah added it
May 30, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
David Smith
David Smith marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Brandi
Brandi marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Henry Cloud
Apr 01, 2014 Henry Cloud added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Sarah Lewis
Sarah Lewis marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Dr. Cloud has written or co-written twenty-five books, including the two million-seller Boundaries. His most recent books are Boundaries for Leaders and Necessary Endings. He has earned three Gold Medallion awards, and was awarded the distinguished Retailers Choice award for God Will Make A Way.

As president of Cloud-Townsend Resources, Dr. Cloud has produced and conducted hundreds of public semina...more
More about Henry Cloud...
Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No to Take Control of Your Life Boundaries in Dating Boundaries with Kids: When to Say Yes, When to Say No to Help Your Children Gain Control of Their Lives Changes That Heal: How to Understand the Past to Ensure a Healthier Future Safe People: How to Find Relationships That Are Good for You and Avoid Those That Aren't