Start by marking “Rescue Your Love Life: Changing Those Dumb Attitudes & Behaviors That Will Sink Your Marriage [ABRIDGED]” as Want to Read:

The bestselling author duo of Dr. Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend come to the aid of listeners who are drowning in a sea of good intentions and misplaced priorities with Rescue Your Love Life. Sure to top the charts of the Relationship/Marriage category, this title shows couples how to ignite their marriage with 50 irresistable attitudes and behaviors. Beginning with s ...more
Audio CD, Abridged
Published September 15th 2005 by Oasis Audio (first published February 29th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Rescue Your Love Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rescue Your Love Life

Donna
Jan 01, 2013 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book off and on in the past eight or so months. I learned a great deal about myself, my marriage, and the complexities of relationships. I saw myself from another perspective, which was interesting and a growing experience. My husband didn't read it and probably never will considering how I needed to take many breaks to digest and regroup. It would be ideal if we both read it. However, I am confident I can put much in place and reap the rewards, regardless. It was well written and pr ...more
Chris Walker
Dec 15, 2009 Chris Walker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Many people would dismiss this book because of its Christian perspective but these guys (there are two authors) are clinical psychologists first and work from a perspective that a marriage is worth fighting for and can be strengthened with will on both sides, despite the problems that inevitably creep up in life.
Adrienna
Maybe I should not read this until I have such issues; yet, I'm proactive. However, there are couple's stories that I guess I'm least interested since I'm not in such a relationship at this time. Skimming through...to the good parts.

So far, this is the best part of the book:
"James tells us that we sin because we are carried away by our own desires: 'Each one is tempted when, by his own desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when
Heather
Apr 14, 2012 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, 2012-reads
I really like what Henry Cloud writes. I had been reading this book for over 6 months here and there! I found alot of the information helpful. Alot of information in this book has a spiritual aspect to it. I found alot of the story sinerios interesting and I could relate to alot of them at times.
Jeannette
Oct 28, 2011 Jeannette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a great read and you don't have to be married to appreciate it. We all have relationships that would benefit from the attitudes and information in this book.
Michael
Nov 07, 2012 Michael rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great stuff that will help any marriage become stronger.
Becky
Jul 30, 2011 Becky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book and used the workbook as I went through it. I've learned a lot. Hopefully I'll be able to put these positive attitudes and behaviors into my daily life and make my marriage better.
Martha Childers
Anyone wanting to improve their marriage will benefit from Cloud and Townsend's book.
Chee Keong
May 25, 2011 Chee Keong rated it really liked it
Shelves: relationships
Relationship and emotional book.
Lisa
Sep 01, 2008 Lisa marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Marriage
Jess
Feb 01, 2016 Jess rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Audiobook version
Victoria
Victoria rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2009
Dale Sadler
Dale Sadler rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2014
Jim Hart
Jim Hart rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2016
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2013
Meredith Terrell
Meredith Terrell rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2016
Jim
Jim rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2011
Lili Kim
Lili Kim rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2016
Maria
Jan 10, 2009 Maria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Listened to the audio book.
Thesaltyspouse
Thesaltyspouse rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2013
Selah
Selah rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2015
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
May 06, 2015
Paloma
Paloma rated it it was ok
Jul 09, 2016
Rich
Rich rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2016
Lori Scherman wade
Lori Scherman wade rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2014
Abra Carnahan
May 11, 2016 Abra Carnahan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book for couples who are looking to pull the metaphorical weeds in their relationship garden.
Hope Nelson
Hope Nelson rated it did not like it
Sep 02, 2016
Bill Krafft
Bill Krafft rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2016
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2012
V
V rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Boundaries with Teens: When to Say Yes, How to Say No
  • Men of the Bible: A One-Year Devotional Study of Men in Scripture
  • Ten Lessons to Transform Your Marriage: America's Love Lab Experts Share Their Strategies for Strengthening Your Relationship
  • How to Reach Your Full Potential for God: Never Settle for Less Than His Best
  • Foolproofing Your Life: Wisdom for Untangling Your Most Difficult Relationships
  • What Wives Wish Their Husbands Knew about Women
  • Love, Sex, and Lasting Relationships
  • Jesus: 90 Days With the One and Only (Personal Reflections)
  • Love Talk: Speak Each Other's Language Like You Never Have Before
  • A Woman's Call to Prayer: Making Your Desire to Pray a Reality
  • Caring for People God's Way: Personal and Emotional Issues, Addictions, Grief, and Trauma
  • Breathe: Creating Space for God in a Hectic Life
  • Passionate Housewives Desperate for God: Fresh Vision for the Hopeful Homemaker
  • Seven Reasons Why You Can Trust the Bible
  • Devotions for a Sacred Marriage: A Year of Weekly Devotions for Couples
  • Love and War: Finding the Marriage You've Dreamed Of
  • The Key to Your Child's Heart
  • Love Busters: Overcoming the Habits That Destroy Romantic Love
Dr. Cloud has written or co-written twenty-five books, including the two million-seller Boundaries. His most recent books are Boundaries for Leaders and Necessary Endings. He has earned three Gold Medallion awards, and was awarded the distinguished Retailers Choice award for God Will Make A Way.

As president of Cloud-Townsend Resources, Dr. Cloud has produced and conducted hundreds of public semina
More about Henry Cloud...