Start by marking “Frugal Luxuries: Simple Pleasures to Enhance Your Life and Comfort Your Soul” as Want to Read:
Frugal Luxuries: Simple Pleasures to Enhance Your Life and Comfort Your Soul

Frugal Luxuries: Simple Pleasures to Enhance Your Life and Comfort Your Soul

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Tracey McBride created the newsletter Frugal Times in 1993 and has since delighted thousands by elevating the skill of living frugally to an art form.Now Tracey's commonsense techniques for making "every day a feast" and her wisdom on how to cultivate abundance are gathered in one volume.

Tracey shows us how to savor the intangible gifts we receive when we create a nurturin
Published July 1st 1997 by Bantam

To ask other readers questions about Frugal Luxuries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frugal Luxuries

Stephanie Blake
My husband bought me this book many years ago. I have reread it many times often when I want to spoil myself with a special treat. Tracey McBride gives elegance to frugality: the need to be careful with our resources. This is definitely one of my favorite "feel good" books.
Aroura
I didn't get really far, but still, what I read so far was a very superfluous way of saying be happier with what you have and find joy in the little things. Which is obviously great advice, but I'd rather not read over a hundred pages of different ways of saying it :)
Gloria
Jan 02, 2009 Gloria rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People interested in thrift with style
This book serves as a thoughtful reminder to focus on the quality of one's life, and not the quantity of possessions. Contains many practical ideas for pursuing thrift with style, yet always adds a short essay to put the thrift into an almost spiritual context.
Kecia
May 04, 2007 Kecia rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: women who can not hear the small quiet voice
My life went into a tailspin when I bought I 75 year old house that needed a lot of TLC. Frugal Luxuries isn't very good...but it made my life so much nicer the first few months of chaos in my new house. I think I picked up at exactly the right moment in my life.
Jill
Aug 28, 2007 Jill rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: No One Really
As already mentioned, I love a good frugality book. But again, this is not it... The author is entirely too frou frou for me. I get the feeling she has never met a pink fluffy anything that she hasn't loved. I am all for a little domesticity, but, ewwwww...
Emily
I loved this book! I think that this book helped me view my situation differently than I did before. I learned that it doesn't take money to have class and to live a fulfilling life with grace and dignity. Sweet ideas and simple but profound insights.
Aleena
Good ideas. Liked the first half of the book the most.
Alley
A woman after my own heart!
Cws
Apr 10, 2008 Cws added it
332.224
Caitlin
Caitlin is currently reading it
Dec 21, 2014
Angell
Angell marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Angi
Angi added it
Jun 07, 2014
Serena
Serena marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Denika Clay
Denika Clay marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
Jessamy
Jessamy marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2013
Trine
Trine marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
Kathryn
Kathryn marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Frugal Luxuries by the Seasons: Celebrate the Holidays with Elegance and Simplicity--on Any Income