Start by marking “Wired” as Want to Read:
Wired

Wired (Cold Awakening #3)

3.67  ·  Rating Details ·  2,831 Ratings  ·  272 Reviews
One year ago Lia Kahn died.
A few days later she woke up.

She had a new body: mechanical, unfeeling, inhuman. She had a new family: mechs like her, who didn’t judge her for what she could no longer be. She had a new life, one that would last forever.

At least, it was supposed to.

But now everything Lia thought she knew has turned out to be a lie; everyone she thought she loved
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published September 14th 2010 by Brilliance Audio

To ask other readers questions about Wired, please sign up.

Natalie Isayan
Kat
Maybe this is just my problem with too-high expectations, but why are the conclusions to most trilogies always such a letdown? I just didn't feel engaged with the story anymore, and I completely lost interest and motivation halfway through. I skimmed the last half and just felt bored and confused. Why bother? Maybe I just like being teased by the possibilities of Book #1 in a series. "Skinned", like "The Adoration of Jenna Fox", raised some interesting bioethical questions. I was never really a ...more
Caroline
Oct 05, 2010 Caroline rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For how short this book was, it took me a much longer time than I'd have liked to finish it, but my plodding progress was mainly due to too much going on in life to get much reading done. I found the pacing was off a bit at times, but I think overall it felt that way because of how little time I really had to devote to this (which was frustrating, since I'd been anticipating this for a year). But, as can be seen by my overall rating, I loved this conclusion.

The character growth in here was excel
Tuba Özkat
Sep 20, 2016 Tuba Özkat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
O ne sondu beh!!! Gerçekten okuduğum en değişik kitaplardan biriydi. Ama sıkıcı değildi, güzeldi. Birçok film ve kitaptan parçalar var gibiydi. Ama yine de dikkat çeken , kendini okutan bir seriydi. Birçok şeyi kaygısızca sorgulayip tabularla dalga gecebiliyor. bunu da genc karakterlerle yapıyor.
Ashley Brooke
Can we get some closure please? And maybe a less confusing ending? Possibly a bit of romance? And let's not end this trilogy like it's being followed by another book, unless you really ARE following it up with another book.

Sorry, this book really let me down.

Big Review:
Lia Kahn is a mech-- a machine with memories and feelings of the deceased Lia Kahn. 'Wired' is the third book in a trilogy that follows her, her family, and mech friends as they learn if peace can really be had between orgs and me
Alice Rachel
May 19, 2016 Alice Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SO good! That ending though... wow!
Nina
May 19, 2011 Nina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh no. Ohhhhh no. Just to be blunt here, I hated the ending. Do not expect a satisfying end to this amazing trilogy. But before I rant about that, let me start from the beginning.
The actual books are great. The plot, how fast the story went, and especially how much the characters changed. Characters maturing is difficult to write about because the author also has to make it believable. It is rarely done where this much growth occurs in one book and ends up well. Also, my opinions on all the c
Megan
Feb 05, 2012 Megan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Well.... If I've ever read a more disappointing series, I wasn't aware of it. I loved the entire trilogy, and was spellbound by the concept until the very end. As a personal fan of dystopian society novels, this one was fascinating and enrapturing. I cared about Lia, and I worried about her situation. The parallelism to modern life was unreal and brilliant. I had yet to read a novel that made me question the definition of humanity quite so thoroughly.
But that's where my praise ends.

I stayed up u
DaJa
Jun 03, 2016 DaJa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopia, 2016
Mit Augenschließen gibt es auch noch 3,5 Sterne.
Die ganze Reihe hat mich so gar nicht gepackt. Eigentlich ist die Idee, die dahinter steckt grandios. Aber die Umsetzung hat mir nicht wirklich gefallen. Allerdings war dieses Abschlussband wieder ein wenig besser als der Vorgänger.

Die Handlung in "Wired" ist durchweg rasant, es passieren viele Dinge, auch zwischenmenschlich, mit denen man so nicht gerechnet hätte. Auch tauchen viele Charaktere aus dem ersten Teil "Skinned" wieder auf und bringen n
Doris
Sep 21, 2012 Doris rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

I was prepared to really enjoy this book, based on my readings of past stories of androids and robots, such as Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep (movie version was Bladerunner) and Bicentennial Man. However, the story got off to a slow start, not helped by the fact that this was the third book in a series, and the characters were familiar with each other and the world they lived in.

Therefore, it wasn't immediately obvious to me from the reading, although I knew from the jacket blurb, that the
Ladyx
Sep 24, 2010 Ladyx rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
Terrible ending leaving far too much unfinished. It's a shame since this was (or could have been)a fabulous trilogy. It seems like the author had to end this story quickly so didn't bother to tie up loose ends.
Aleshanee
Apr 05, 2016 Aleshanee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Sterne
Der letzte Band hat gegenüber den Vorgängern doch etwas nachgelassen
Arminzerella
Kristy
May 08, 2010 Kristy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I hate when I read about 2 trilogy books back to back and then have to wait a year for the next book.... That's what was going on with this one, I feel like I had amnesia for the beginning part of the book. It all slowly came back to me and I remembered how much I enjoyed the 1st 2 books, maybe that is why this one was a little dissapointing?!?!?!

Spoilers:

The "ending" sucks! This is supposed to be a trilogy, but that ending just left a ton up in the air. It leaves me thinking there will be more
bjneary
Jan 27, 2011 bjneary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: SCI FI lovers
Shelves: ya, scifi-fantasy
There were so many tense moments in this book and I Loved Lia and Zoe forging a bond and enjoying being sisters who got on each others nerves. I love the new Riley, then I missed him and Jude was as all knowing and annoying as ever. The BioMax threat, Lia and Zoe's parents, and Lia and her friend(s)having to always try to outsmart whoever was trying to destroy the mechs was awesome, scary, and sad because you never knew who was going to turn against them. Lia was really a character who grew, as ...more
Courtney Howell
Aug 20, 2013 Courtney Howell rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Maybe it is cheating to rate a book before you finish it - but that's the problem. I can't bring myself to finish the series. I read through the first two. I liked the first one. The second one kept me engaged. But this one...it is the last book in the series but there is still so much wrong with the world Lia lives in. The central conflict has changed - it started with acceptance from humans in the first book, morphed to the org-mech conflict in the second....but what is it now? I can't see a s ...more
Meaghan R. (YA-aholic)
May 27, 2011 Meaghan R. (YA-aholic) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone!
ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS ENTIRE SERIES!

PERFECTLY WRIITEN, NOT TOO MUCH FUTURISTOC JARGON WHERE YOU COULDN'T MAKE OUT THE WORDS, PERFECT IN EVERY WAY.

A LOT OF CONTENT, I WOULDN'T NECESSARILY CALL IT AN EASY READ, BUT MAN, DID I FLY THROUGH THE SERIES, I JUST COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN...WASN'T VER Y PRODUCTIVE FOR THAT WEEK THOUGH.

*SPOILER*
(view spoiler)
Jessica
Jan 20, 2011 Jessica rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't expecting it to end that suddenly. I had it at hold on the library for a while and so i was expecting a great book. The other one's were really good and I told my friend she should read the first one. But If i had know about the ending of this one, i wouldn't have told her. I like the way she ended it, but there were too many things that she didn't tie together. I feel as if she just gave up and decided to end it as quickly as she could.
Jenny
I loved this series. It was like nothing i had read before when i started it, it was cool and unique and interesting. This book was not my favorite and it was a let down. The ending absolutely sucked so bad!!!! I was so angry when i finished it and i was like this is it!?!?!?!?!?!??! I was considering giving this one star because of the ending, but because i loved the fist two books and the characters, i decided to be generous and give it 2 stars
aaron
Sep 25, 2010 aaron rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is the third and supposed to be final book in the wired trilogy by robin wasserman. it continues in its distopian look at the future where our minds can actually be rescued after death and "downloaded" into mechanical bodies. lia, riley, and jude have to come together to save mechkind from the likes of biomax and other fanatical organizations. it is a great ending to a very good distopian series. i highly recommend this as a look at what makes a human tick.
Carley
Jan 31, 2015 Carley rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Jennifer FL
Nov 14, 2010 Jennifer FL rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I enjoyed reading this book until the last few pages. The ending was confusing, and I needed more closure.
Judi
Mar 21, 2010 Judi marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the three books I am most anxious to read this Fall! Robin has totally pulled me into Lia's world and I can't wait to see where the story takes us all next!
Vanessa
This could have been so good but the ending just killed it for me!
Cathyand Francisco
I love the idea of downloading the human consciousness to a robotic body and living forever. That is what drew me to this series. However, this story fell flat for me. I was very disappointed that those downloaded didn't really have any capability beyond what a normal human would. I understand that their creators wanted them to be as similar to human beings as possible, but when those downloaded began downloading extra features to themselves I really thought they would give themselves special ab ...more
Tessa
Mar 16, 2017 Tessa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, it took me two years to finish this book, but that wasn't the book's fault, I promise :P Once I picked it up again (after moving 3 times and keeping it in/on the 'read soon' crate/shelve) I finished it in 5 days :)
Lisa Dickson
I would of liked to hear more and see how it really ends... leaves slot for u to wonder.... this one has the least bad words in it .... they decided you don't need them to make the story good
Katya

At least that's over.

Generally, I enjoyed the trilogy. It raised some interesting questions about humanity, immortality, relationships, etc. However (and this may be amplified by my reading The Book of Blood and Shadow simultaneously with Wired (why?!)) now that it's over, I'm really starting to notice that Wasserman has a pattern when it comes to writing heroines and relationships, and it's not good.

I'm just going to compare the two books and their heroines for a second. First, the names - Nor
Red Lace
Sep 26, 2013 Red Lace rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Lia Khan
Lia is back home, doing her best to try and live a normal ‘org’ life with her family, but nothing remains calm in Lia’s life for long. With the return of Jude, whom shares some devastating news, things go from bad to worse when mechs become targeted for annihilation. Lia must collect her group of allies, conflicted as they all are with each other, and work together to try and save every skinner from being permanently deleted.

(Please be aware that this review may contain spoilers before reading f
Crini
Aug 26, 2011 Crini rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mit Wired ist Robin Wasserman das perfekte Ende ihrer Trilogie gelungen.

Anfangs war es mir teilweise noch etwas zu langweilig. Es passiert noch nicht viel und es wird mehr darauf eingegangen, wie die Charaktere nun zurechtkommen, wie sie die Geschehnisse aus dem zweiten Band verarbeiten. Es machte irgendwie den Eindruck, als hätte ihr anfangs noch die Idee gefehlt, wie es nun weitergehen soll, was noch auf die Personen zukommen kann, was nicht schon passiert ist.

Nach diesen anfänglichen, leider
Confused?!?! 6 39 Mar 20, 2012 07:05PM
  • Remember Me & The Return Part I  (Remember Me #1-2)
  • Vulpi (Thyla, #2)
  • Underground (The Phoenix Files, #4)
  • The Fox Inheritance (Jenna Fox Chronicles, #2)
  • Fierce September (Juno, #2)
  • The Life of a Teenage Body-Snatcher
  • Snapped
  • Genesis (The Rosie Black Chronicles, #1)
  • Broken
  • Taken
  • Goblin Fruit
  • The Bar Code Rebellion (Bar Code, #2)
  • Sweetie
  • Shadowlark (Skylark, #2)
  • The Legacy (The Declaration, #3)
  • Gothic Lolita
  • Truth (XVI, #2)
  • The Culling (The Torch Keeper, #1)
21981
Robin Wasserman is the author of the novel GIRLS ON FIRE. Her writing has appeared in The New York Times, Tin House, The Los Angeles Review of Books, and several short story anthologies. A recent MacDowell Colony fellow, she is also the New York Times bestselling author of more than ten novels for young adults and teaches in the low-residency MFA program at Southern New Hampshire University.
More about Robin Wasserman...

Cold Awakening (3 books)
  • Skinned (Cold Awakening, #1)
  • Crashed (Cold Awakening, #2)