Start by marking “Wired” as Want to Read:
Wired

Wired (Cold Awakening #3)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  2,298 ratings  ·  253 reviews
One year ago Lia Kahn died.
A few days later she woke up.

She had a new body: Mechanical, unfeeling, inhuman. She had a new family: Mechs like her, who didn’t judge her for what she could no longer be. She had a new life, one that would last forever.

At least, it was supposed to.

But now everything Lia thought she knew has turned out to be a lie; everyone she thought she loved
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published September 14th 2010 by Brilliance Audio

Natalie Isayan
Jess Rhodes
I am sad to say that after taking two days to read Wired, I feel that I could have spent two days reading something else and I should have just let the series end at Crashed. At least for myself. It just seemed to cliché, to rushed, personalities changed, and overall seemed to just drift from everything the first two were about. In the last book, I would expect closure not a whole new plot to arise, and fall within a couple of book days.

To begin with, Lia is still home with her org family, still
Kat
Maybe this is just my problem with too-high expectations, but why are the conclusions to most trilogies always such a letdown? I just didn't feel engaged with the story anymore, and I completely lost interest and motivation halfway through. I skimmed the last half and just felt bored and confused. Why bother? Maybe I just like being teased by the possibilities of Book #1 in a series. "Skinned", like "The Adoration of Jenna Fox", raised some interesting bioethical questions. I was never really a ...more
Caroline
For how short this book was, it took me a much longer time than I'd have liked to finish it, but my plodding progress was mainly due to too much going on in life to get much reading done. I found the pacing was off a bit at times, but I think overall it felt that way because of how little time I really had to devote to this (which was frustrating, since I'd been anticipating this for a year). But, as can be seen by my overall rating, I loved this conclusion.

The character growth in here was excel
Doris

I was prepared to really enjoy this book, based on my readings of past stories of androids and robots, such as Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep (movie version was Bladerunner) and Bicentennial Man. However, the story got off to a slow start, not helped by the fact that this was the third book in a series, and the characters were familiar with each other and the world they lived in.

Therefore, it wasn't immediately obvious to me from the reading, although I knew from the jacket blurb, that the
Nina
Oh no. Ohhhhh no. Just to be blunt here, I hated the ending. Do not expect a satisfying end to this amazing trilogy. But before I rant about that, let me start from the beginning.
The actual books are great. The plot, how fast the story went, and especially how much the characters changed. Characters maturing is difficult to write about because the author also has to make it believable. It is rarely done where this much growth occurs in one book and ends up well. Also, my opinions on all the c
Megan
Well.... If I've ever read a more disappointing series, I wasn't aware of it. I loved the entire trilogy, and was spellbound by the concept until the very end. As a personal fan of dystopian society novels, this one was fascinating and enrapturing. I cared about Lia, and I worried about her situation. The parallelism to modern life was unreal and brilliant. I had yet to read a novel that made me question the definition of humanity quite so thoroughly.
But that's where my praise ends.

I stayed up u
Ashley Brooke
Can we get some closure please? And maybe a less confusing ending? Possibly a bit of romance? And let's not end this trilogy like it's being followed by another book, unless you really ARE following it up with another book.

Sorry, this book really let me down.

Big Review:
Lia Kahn is a mech-- a machine with memories and feelings of the deceased Lia Kahn. 'Wired' is the third book in a trilogy that follows her, her family, and mech friends as they learn if peace can really be had between orgs and me
Ladyx
Terrible ending leaving far too much unfinished. It's a shame since this was (or could have been)a fabulous trilogy. It seems like the author had to end this story quickly so didn't bother to tie up loose ends.
Arminzerella
Kristy
I hate when I read about 2 trilogy books back to back and then have to wait a year for the next book.... That's what was going on with this one, I feel like I had amnesia for the beginning part of the book. It all slowly came back to me and I remembered how much I enjoyed the 1st 2 books, maybe that is why this one was a little dissapointing?!?!?!

Spoilers:

The "ending" sucks! This is supposed to be a trilogy, but that ending just left a ton up in the air. It leaves me thinking there will be more
Becky
bjneary
Jan 27, 2011 bjneary rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: SCI FI lovers
Shelves: scifi-fantasy, ya
There were so many tense moments in this book and I Loved Lia and Zoe forging a bond and enjoying being sisters who got on each others nerves. I love the new Riley, then I missed him and Jude was as all knowing and annoying as ever. The BioMax threat, Lia and Zoe's parents, and Lia and her friend(s)having to always try to outsmart whoever was trying to destroy the mechs was awesome, scary, and sad because you never knew who was going to turn against them. Lia was really a character who grew, as ...more
Meaghan R. (YA-aholic)
ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS ENTIRE SERIES!

PERFECTLY WRIITEN, NOT TOO MUCH FUTURISTOC JARGON WHERE YOU COULDN'T MAKE OUT THE WORDS, PERFECT IN EVERY WAY.

A LOT OF CONTENT, I WOULDN'T NECESSARILY CALL IT AN EASY READ, BUT MAN, DID I FLY THROUGH THE SERIES, I JUST COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN...WASN'T VER Y PRODUCTIVE FOR THAT WEEK THOUGH.

*SPOILER*
(view spoiler)
Marcia
I'm not so sure what to say about this book. The first 100 or so pages of Torn made me actually feel quite bored. I felt like all this teenage drama had nothing to do with the real story - and I was disappointed because this trilogy had started out so strong. I even thought about quitting, but then decided to continue anyway.

Somewhere along the way there was this plot twist - Jude came back and a lot of other things happened. I was excited! I wondered if I would finally find out the true ideas o
aaron
this is the third and supposed to be final book in the wired trilogy by robin wasserman. it continues in its distopian look at the future where our minds can actually be rescued after death and "downloaded" into mechanical bodies. lia, riley, and jude have to come together to save mechkind from the likes of biomax and other fanatical organizations. it is a great ending to a very good distopian series. i highly recommend this as a look at what makes a human tick.
Jessica
I wasn't expecting it to end that suddenly. I had it at hold on the library for a while and so i was expecting a great book. The other one's were really good and I told my friend she should read the first one. But If i had know about the ending of this one, i wouldn't have told her. I like the way she ended it, but there were too many things that she didn't tie together. I feel as if she just gave up and decided to end it as quickly as she could.
Jenny
I loved this series. It was like nothing i had read before when i started it, it was cool and unique and interesting. This book was not my favorite and it was a let down. The ending absolutely sucked so bad!!!! I was so angry when i finished it and i was like this is it!?!?!?!?!?!??! I was considering giving this one star because of the ending, but because i loved the fist two books and the characters, i decided to be generous and give it 2 stars
Tori Stuckey
The story gets better in book three. I like that this turned out to be quite different from other YA novels and that Lia was not just another Mary Sue caught in a love triangle. The ending was perfect. (view spoiler) ...more
Maddie
I hated the ending, I cried for a good 20 minutes. Actually I cried a lot durning this book, because of Riley, the truth behind Lia's car crash and the ending. I also wanted to punch lots of people in this book, but the one person I really wanted to just beat was Sari. Sari is one of those characters who just grinds my gears and yes I did just say "grinds my gears". I seriously wished Lia hadn't stopped Jude from killing/ damaging her, because I really wanted her gone. Anyway, I really love Wire ...more
Janetha Carroll
Cheri
i snagged it from a cart i was passing in the library, one meant for the books traveling back to their various regions after being checked in. i didnt even read the blurb - not fully. it gave an idea much like one i had thought of many times on waking from those wild dreams writers have.
being the third in the series, i was clueless. i managed to figure things out, and the interpersonal dramas annoyed me while buffering the impact of the heavier, background content. masterful? maybe. i know it wa
Judi
Mar 21, 2010 Judi marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the three books I am most anxious to read this Fall! Robin has totally pulled me into Lia's world and I can't wait to see where the story takes us all next!
Madeleine
I thought there was going to be a happy ending. I was wrong. Why end it like that??? I mean yeah she is watching everyone but what about Riley? Are you ever going to say what happens??? There were too many plot twists. They never really explained what happened after anyway. Mik wish she wrote that and then a better epilogue. I mean that was horrible! She did not do a good job of ending the series. And I loved this series too!!!! I would cry but I'm more angry. I need answers on what happens afte ...more
Jennifer FL
I enjoyed reading this book until the last few pages. The ending was confusing, and I needed more closure.
Vanessa
This could have been so good but the ending just killed it for me!
Morgan
Obviously this series impacted me enough to write a review, as I don't for most books I read. I wanted to respond to the commments that the end of this series was "open-ended"--now that I know what those people were referring to. I have to disagree. I just don't believe that the activity in the last 2 chapters of this book would have solved all the problems that were going on at that point. I also want a lot more detail in the final chapter. It defintely felt as though the author was rushing to ...more
Jen
Jill
I should never keep reading a series that I don't really like just so I can see what happens in the end. I'm so disappointed. And confused. And bugged. I totally should have watched American Idol tonight instead of finishing this book.

I thought that the characters were pretty true in books 1 and 2, then completely changed in the 3rd book. Not that change is unexpected, but everyone turning a 180 all at once is pretty strange.

The story-line got really interesting at a certain point, it actually w
Laura (All of Everything)
It's been quite a while since I read Skinned and Crashed and I thought it would be hard for me to get back into the characters and story, but it was surprisingly easy to return to the mech world. With that said, however, it took me a long time to read this book; a week if not more, which is really out of the ordinary for me.

The first half of the book was kinda boring, unfortunately. Lia is working with Biomax in a attempt to show the world that she and the mechs are people just like everybody el
Confused?!?! 6 35 Mar 20, 2012 07:05PM
  • Vulpi (Thyla, #2)
  • Underground (The Phoenix Files, #4)
  • Remember Me & The Return Part I  (Remember Me #1-2)
  • Fierce September (Juno, #2)
  • The Fox Inheritance (Jenna Fox Chronicles, #2)
  • The Fallen (The Enemy #5)
  • The Bar Code Rebellion (Bar Code, #2)
  • Genesis (The Rosie Black Chronicles, #1)
  • The Legacy (The Declaration, #3)
  • Sweetie
  • The Life of a Teenage Body-Snatcher
  • House of Bones (Point Horror Unleashed)
  • Sold
  • Broken
  • Shadowlark (Skylark, #2)
  • Taken
  • Snapped
21981
I'm the author of the Cold Awakening Trilogy (Skinned, Crashed, and Wired), Hacking Harvard, the Seven Deadly Sins series, and the forthcoming Book of Blood and Shadow. I'm also a crazed Stephen King fan and David Foster Wallace evangelist with an embarrassing list of Important Books I've Never Read But Can Bluff About Well Enough to Discuss at Cocktail Parties. I'm working on it.
More about Robin Wasserman...
Skinned (Cold Awakening, #1) The Book of Blood and Shadow Crashed (Cold Awakening, #2) Awakening (Chasing Yesterday, #1) Callie For President (Candy Apple #9)