Nibble Nibble (reillustrated)

Nibble Nibble (reillustrated)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Originally published in 1959, five delightful poems by Margaret Wise Brown capture the simple eloquence of the natural world and illuminate the whimsy of bunnies at play. Now the charming paintings of award-winning naturalist artist Wendell Minor will "nibble nibble nibble" their way into the hearts of a whole new generation of Margaret Wise Brown readers.
Published January 23rd 2007 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 1959)

Josie B.

Here are the fireflies
Last to remember
The end of August
And first of September.

And here comes a caterpillar
The last to creep
Out of summer
And into sleep.

--Margaret Wise Brown
From Nibble Nibble

A real live bunny is coming to storytime this summer, and I will be reading "Song of the Bunnies" from this collection and possibly this lovely "Song of Summer". There is a flannel...more
Jessica
Margaret Wise Brown's poems have been used in many different books. This book is a collection of a variety of her poems accompanied by colorful illustrations. Her poems are about animals, the weather, bugs, all subjects that can be playful and enjoyable by children. One of the poems from this collection, Bumble Bee, has been made into it's own book. The poems are easy to read and understand and can make for a fun story time or poetry lesson.
Jamie
Nibble Nibble features several poems about playful bunnies in nature. The poems describe the actions of bunnies and feelings of love.
Nibble Nibble is a collection of poems published by Margaret Wise Brown several decades ago. In tribute to her, the artist, Wendell Minor, published another edition of her book with his gorgeous illustrations. The illustrations wonderfully accompany the peaceful words written by Margaret Wise Brown.
This is a perfect book to read to young children. The flow of the...more
Taylor Christensen
I love the book Goodnight Moon, which was written by the same author. This is what attracted me to this book originally. I really liked the fact that each poem related to nature and love. The poems were very "song like" and had a fun rhythm to them. They would be fun poems to read as an introduction to poetry for young children.
Jim
6 star book!

Wendell Minor illustrates a little golden book! that's what this book would have been fifty years ago. Margaret Wise Brown poetry and Wendell Monor bunnies! this is better than anything on the nytimes bestseller list.

there is even an illo of a fox looking like he's trying to recover from a hangover.
Julie
Awesome poems for kids (and adults)!
Jackie
Oct 08, 2008 Jackie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: bunny lovers of any age, folks with little kids in their lives
I am a bunny person through and through, and MWB's poems hold a special place in my heart, plus they are a blast to read aloud to little ones. Wendell Minor's illustrations are endearing, making this a throughly delightful book.
S.K.
The writing is too repetitive and boring to read. The illustrations were well done. For the pictures alone, I'd look at this book again. Otherwise, I consider this one a dud.
Cheryl
This is a nice book of children's poetry. What I like most about the book is the illustrations. They are so pretty and the texture of the bunnies almost looks real.
Beautiful illustrations and poems that are fun to read and hold a little kid's attention.
Paula
Five poems about little bunnies with illustrations perfect for story time.
Maverick
The illustrations are a five star but the story wasn't that good.
~*mandy*~
I want to buy this one, & use the amazing poems as artwork!
Jenny
What a sweet book with beautiful illustrations.
Susan

Meghan
Meghan added it
Jun 17, 2014
T Crockett
T Crockett marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
Gogomogo30yahoo.com
Gogomogo30yahoo.com marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Martin Todorov
Martin Todorov marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Hallie Szott
Hallie Szott marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Margaret Wise Brown wrote hundreds of books and stories during her life, but she is best known for Goodnight Moon and The Runaway Bunny. Even though she died nearly 60 years ago, her books still sell very well.

Margaret loved animals. Most of her books have animals as characters in the story. She liked to write books that had a rhythm to them. Sometimes she would put a hard word into the story or p...more
More about Margaret Wise Brown...
Goodnight Moon The Runaway Bunny Big Red Barn Home for a Bunny The Color Kittens (A Little Golden Book)