Start by marking “Mail-Order Marriages: Rocky Mountain Wedding\Married in Missouri\Her Alaskan Groom” as Want to Read:

Mail-Order Marriages: Rocky Mountain Wedding\Married in Missouri\Her Alaskan Groom (Alaska #3)

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  244 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Three brides for three rugged men."Rocky Mountain Wedding" by Jillian Hart

Melody Pennington fled to Montana for a new start as a mail-order bride. Gabe Brooks, handsome older brother to the man she was supposed to marry, helps her settle in. But what Melody doesn't expect is to fall for the rugged, closed-off lawman who swears he doesn't believe in love!

"Married in Missour
Published May 1st 2010 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Mail-Order Marriages, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mail-Order Marriages

Ellie
I only read Jillian Hart's story because I was doing that thing where I read all of the stories of a series in succession. So there was no time to read the other stories... I don't even know what the other stories are.

In this installment of the series, I didn't like how the mother played her cards in this story. If I'm ever a jolly, loving, and sneaky mother of 3 adult men, living in an isolated town, and I mail-order me a woman for one of those kids, and I know she is running from violence and
Bukcrz
I had a hard time rating this book here it goes....

Married in Missouri by Carolyn Davidson 5 Stars
This is melt your heart out story.
The hero tried so hard not to fall for the heroine because he does not want feel the pain he felt when his wife died. I felt his anguished when he saw the heroine wore his wife's clothes. I felt his heart kicking and screaming in protest as it was drawn closer and closer to the heroine. I felt mad at him as he deliberately hurt the heroine to save himself from futu
Lynda
Three novellas -- two are 5 stars, and one is 3.
Rocky Mountain Wedding by Jillian Hart - Truly an enjoyable quick read. ~ 5 stars

Married in Missouri by Carolyn Davidson - Fit nicely with the above story. Very enjoyable and I really liked the two main characters and the children. ~ 5 stars

Her Alaskan Groom by Kate BridgesThe author's story just doesn't flow as well as the other two. It's the last one in the book. The main male character says things that would turn a women off, fairly permanently.
LibraryDanielle
3 short stories about mail order brides. normally I don't read short stories, there's not enough time to get to know the characters and form relationships with them, but this sounded interesting enough I gave it a try. sadly, it was only "meh" for me. the first story was apparently the last in a series and you had no idea what was going on most of the time. the male main character was a jerk and the female annoying. I did like the second story. it reminded me of Hattie Big Sky (for adults) or a ...more
Natalie
Well, I have finished reading this book completely. I don't know if I will keep it or not. It is really, really, really good and very well written. But the thing is, I don't like reading books that have risque things in it. Nothing that is wrong, mind you; it just shares several marriage bed scenes in it. So, anyways, other than this; these stories are very well written. I really enjoyed reading it, skipping over the bad parts. And I am very familiar to Jillian Hart, as many of her novels are re ...more
Lexie
All right guys let's take this one story at a time:

Rocky Mountain Wedding by Jillian Hart
This is apparently the conclusion to a trilogy of short stories featuring this family and their meddlesome mother. Having not read the other two I still found myself able to follow along and enjoy the story for itself. Mostly. While Melody believes Gabe to be mostly playing up how unhappy he is with the meddling his mother is doing, Gabe genuinely does not want anything to do with the woman. His little momen
SheLove2Read
Three nice stories of mail-order marriages.

Rocky Mountain Wedding by Jillian Hart is very good. Tied to her McKaslin family in a roundabout way.

Married in Missouri by Carolyn Davidson was good but not great. Beta hero which I'm not fond of but a decent story.

My favorite was Her Alaskan Groom by Kate Bridges and I devoured it. Its about a midwife to comes to Alaska as a mail order bride and her new husband who owns a stable.

I don't know why this genre fascinates me so. Maybe its the sense of adve
Lorraine Lesar
Three short predictable love stories all about mail order brides. The first is a clean story about the bride arriving and finding out that her fiancée has married someone else, but falls for his brother. Bit of a story thrown in regarding an inheritance and a baddie of a brother in law, which in my opinion, didn't add to the story at all. The second is about a father who has two sons who needs a mother who can cook, clean and provide "home comforts" in the marriage bed! The third is about a woma ...more
Melissa
As one other reader stated, I don't usually read the shorter stories. Above all else, these stories served the purpose of passing time; however, I was little invested otherwise. The idea of mail order brides is an intriguing one historically, but this story does little to include itself in the historical fiction genre.
Catherine
The characters were too perfect, the plot complications were a bit contrived, the development was artificial (Right when they met: I hate you, no I am startlingly attracted to you.) Overall, meh.
Gwnhwyfer
I usually like short story or anthology collections, as it gives not only an introduction to (usually) a series/universe, but also to unknown (to me) authors.

This collection, however, fell flat. The first story felt like an ending to something else I hadn't read (apparently part of a trilogy of shorts). The second story was the stand-out of the collection for me, with characters that were (somewhat) more than cardboard cut-outs. The third (despite Kate Bridges having been on my radar for awhile
Shelley
I really needed some pioneer stories in my life today.

First story - DNF. I normally love Jillian Hart, but the lead guy was such crap, I knew I couldn't like him by the end of the novella.

Second story - felt modern in places, but overall, okay. It was the perfect Western story until the bizarre murder plot came into play, and I half think the epilogue was written as a joke. It was every OBHWF story that Harry Potter fandom loathed so much.

Third story - I love Kate Bridges, but this wasn't her fi
Jennah
This is a non-christian book and the stories at the beginning drove me nuts.
Martha
The first story was the best, but that's not saying much.
Three mail-order brides. I have no idea why on Earth I continue to read these short story collections. It's not like I've ever, ever, ever, ever found them to be good. The first story had good bones... and that's the only complimentary thing I can say about it. The second story was pretty bad, until I realized it was about a robot couple. The third story had no redeeming qualities nor alternative explanations. The dialogue in all three was beyond atrocious, although I have to give the robots a p ...more
Jeanie Harper
Very good romance and suspense novel.
Verodarling Melani
"Rocky Mountain Wedding" was the best of the three (despite the fact that I felt the ending was a bit rushed - but it is a short story, after all), followed closely by "Her Alaskan Groom", which was nice and light. "Married in Missouri" was slow but had a realism I found somewhat interesting... up until Amos walked onto the scene and things went downhill... It was bad.
Tereana D
This is actually the second time I've read this book. And I absolutely love it. All the writers made this quite the book.
Judy
read "Rocky Mountain Wedding" on May 27, 2010 by Jillian Hart.

Another happy ending for the Brook's family.

Read "Married in Missouri" by Carolyn Davidson on May 27, 2010.

What a great story. Elizabeth answers his ad for a wife and to help with his 2 young sons. And she was the perfect fit for Lucas Harrison's family.

"Her Alaskan Groom" by Kate Bridges is a unique story of expecting one mail-order bride and getting another.
Kristy
I did not care for this book of three stories. I liked the one by Jillian Hart, but the others I did not like at all. Okay, the second one was the worse of the three and the 3rd one was in between the first and 2nd one. So since I liked the first one I give the entire book 3 stars. The 2nd one was way too explicit and so was the 3rd one. If you want a clean story, the first one is the only one worth reading.
Elise-Pinterest+Goodreads=The Perfect Book Boyfriend
There were three novellas in this book. Each had it's own theme and they were all a breath of fresh air in between vampire love. Although I enjoyed them all immensely, they all felt pretty rushed once the hero and heroine finally admitted their feelings for each other. Sweet stories with a few spicy sex scenes in them. I would recommend if you need something to refreshen your palette in between series books.TTFN.
Shawna
I absolutely loved the story by Carolyn Davidson titled "Married in Missouri". This was a wonderful story of love. It shows good people brought together by a simple ad, and finding a life full of love and happiness.
I really liked this story and it is one that will stay with me for
a very long time.
Sue
For the type I found myself enjoying the books, they are simple quick reads but I left each story satisfied. This was my first kindle purchase on my nexus 7 so I wanted to see if the app worked before I invested in a higher cost book. All was well and I enjoyed the stories to boot.
Maria
Jun 01, 2010 Maria rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone Who Likes Historical Romance
This was a very good historical anthology about mail order brides. Dealt with pretty much things that probably happened on a semi-regular basis. The three stories were sweet and I really enjoyed reading them.
Well worth the time.
Regina
The first two stories were mediocre at best; I was too bored to even start the last one. Writing was very cardboard with uninspiring characters. Too bad because mail order bride themes are my favorite. 2 stars.
I thought this was a pretty good read. It contains 3 novellas. The stories were sweet & fairly short. I read through them pretty quick & who knows I might decide to pick it up again one day & re-read the stories.
Kristen
Three very sweet, short stories that I enjoyed reading while my three year old son was sick with a fever. I can not imagine what it would be like to be a mail-order bride.
Fran Tucker
Very Good Book. All 3 stories are excellent reads
Eileen
an easy read - pleasant
  • Western Winter Wedding Bells
  • To Catch a Rogue
  • Rancher Wants a Wife (Mail-Order Weddings, #1)
  • Shotgun Grooms
  • The Hand-Me-Down Family
  • Wanted: Mail-Order Mistress
  • Pleasurably Undone!: Seducing a Stranger / The Viking's Forbidden Love-Slave / Disrobed and Dishonored / A Night for Her Pleasure / The Unlacing of Miss Leigh
  • Mountain Wild (Wild, #3)
  • Regency Christmas Proposals
  • Unlacing the Innocent Miss (Regency Silk & Scandal, #6)
  • Highland Rogue, London Miss
  • The Barefoot Bride
  • Train Station Bride (Crawford Family, #1)
  • Big Sky Grooms (Montana Mavericks: The Historicals)
  • An Escapade and An Engagement
  • How to Disgrace a Lady
  • The Bride Raffle
  • Haunted by the Earl's Touch
Jillian Hart grew up on her family's homestead in Washington state, where she raised cattle, rode horses and scribbled stories in her spare time.
After earning her English degree from Whitman College, she worked in travel and advertising before selling her first novel.
When Jillian isn't working on her next story, she can be found puttering around her rose garden, curled up with a good book and sp
More about Jillian Hart...

Alaska (3 books)
  • Wanted In Alaska (Alaska, #1)
  • Alaskan Renegade (Alaska, #2)
  • Alaska Bride On the Run (Alaska, #4)
Homespun Bride (The McKaslin Clan Historical #2) A McKaslin Homecoming (The McKaslin Clan: Series 3, #5) No One But You Mail-Order Christmas Brides: Her Christmas Family\Christmas Stars for Dry Creek Gingham Bride (Buttons and Bobbins #1)