Start by marking “Vampire Breath (Goosebumps, #49)” as Want to Read:
Vampire Breath (Goosebumps, #49)

Vampire Breath (Goosebumps #49)

3.65  ·  Rating Details ·  3,538 Ratings  ·  128 Reviews
HE'S A DENTIST'S NIGHTMARE

Tough. That's Freddy Martinez and his friend, Cara. They're not afraid of anything. But that was before they went exploring in Freddy's basement. Before they found the secret room. Before they found the bottle of Vampire Breath.

Poor Freddy and Cara. They should have never opened that bottle of Vampire Breath. Because now there's a vampire in Fredd
Published 1996 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Vampire Breath, please sign up.

Jonathan Yes. It was ok. I recommend horror at camp jelly jam or shocker on shock street.

Carmen
Mar 05, 2015 Carmen rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Kids; Parents
But what does it do for you?" I demanded.

"Everything!" Count Nightwing shouted.
"Vampire Breath does everything for a vampire! It allows us to travel in time. It can make us invisible and reappear again. It keeps our skin smooth and clear. It gives us energy. It helps us sleep. It keeps our bones from drying to powder. It freshens our breath!"

This book is very strange. Freddy Martínez and Cara Simonetti are best friends. They are also very physical with each other, wrestling with each other and
Βαλάντης  Δοξάκιερ
Επειδή λατρεύω πάρα μα πάρα πολύ τα βιβλία του λατρεμένου μου Συγγραφέα Robert R.L.Stine ξεκίνησα να διαβάζω και αυτό το βιβλίο που το άρχισα για πρώτη φορά σήμερα στις 9:30 το πρωί στην ελληνική έκδοση γιατί λόγω το ότι έχω δίπλωμα αγγλικών δεν ξέρω ορισμένες λέξεις σε κάποια βιβλιά και για αυτό διαβάζω περισσότερα βιβλία η κόμιξ φαντασίας και τρόμου μεταφρασμένα στα ελληνικά !!!!!!! Το απόλαυσα επίσης πάρα πολύ αυτό το βιβλίο !!! Σε κάθε βιβλίο του Ο Robert R.L.Stine μεγαλουργεί και κάει θαύμα ...more
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Ok... αυτό το βιβλίο είναι κάπως... "παράξενο". Και η αλήθεια είναι πως δεν μπορώ να αποκαλύψω πολλά, αφού το παραμικρό σχόλιο μπορεί να αποτελεί spoiler. Αυτό που πρέπει να θυμάστε είναι πως θα έρθετε αντιμέτωποι με εξελίξεις που δεν τις περιμένατε σε καμία περίπτωση και που θα σας ξαφνιάσουν. Αν θα το κάνουν ευχάριστα ή δυσάρεστα, αυτό είναι μια άλλη ιστορία. Όσο αφορά εμένα, θα έλεγα ότι το διασκέδασα και ναι, γιατί όχι, το twist του story plot είχε ενδιαφέρον.
Anmol
Oct 12, 2011 Anmol rated it really liked it
In this book, Cara and Freddy find a secret door in Freddy's basement. In that door there was long tunnel that lead to a secer rooom, containing a coffin, which has a vampire in it. Cara and Freddy somehow go back into time. They are almost bitten by vampires. But once they get home they find something very intersting. Read the book to find out!
Debra Covell
Sep 24, 2014 Debra Covell rated it liked it
I promised a student I would read this. Surprisingly silly. I understand why so many children enjoy these for light reading.
Jory
PRO TIP: Whenever you find a hidden secret door in your basement, you probably should never go near it and/or open it.

But that is what 12-year-old Freddy and his "tough" friend Cara do. They open this secret door that was hidden behind a china cabinet. They follow the tunnel inside of it and come face to face with a coffin and a bottle of something called Vampire Breath. So what do these idiot 12-year-olds do? Well, they open it of course!

Bad move, guys. Because as soon as they open this bottl
Fudz
Nov 19, 2008 Fudz rated it liked it
Buku Goosebumps pertama yang sy miliki, coz sblm2nya cuma pinjem ke tmn or adik kelas. Klo ga salah wktu masa2 SD kls 6. Sy baca buku seri Goosebumps didorong oleh rasa penasaran, krn covernya yg beragam dan cukup menggambarkan kenyataan dari sebuah horror.
Ok, dalam edisi Indonesianya b'judul Napas vampir, klo ga salah itu edisi ini berhadiah stiker yg bs menyala dalam gelap.
Napas VAmpir bercerita tentang seorang anak yang menemukan ruangan di rumahnya yg selama ini ditutup rapat dan digembok.
K
Andrew
Apr 27, 2013 Andrew rated it really liked it
I bought this novella not only because it's a Goosebumps book and that I didn't already have it, but because I thought it would be interesting. I was right. It didn't have alot of events exactly, it was more of a story of things that happened all at once. As in like a couple of hours. Despite that I thought the set up was good and the twist at the end was not what I expected. I had a completely different idea of what the twist was going to be and the cool part also was that a random thing at the ...more
Glenn
Jun 04, 2014 Glenn rated it really liked it
Currently rereading my original Goosebumps collection

Can't remember the last time I enjoyed reading a Goosebumps book this much. The quality of the later entries has started to decline but this is one of the better ones. I believe this is the first time in the original series that vampires are the main focus. This one is at times creepy, mysterious and funny. The story is actually interesting. Kids will love this one.

Read from August 25, 2014 - August 26, 2014
Claire (not Danvers)
I've read this years ago when I was a kid, probably between 10-12 years of age. I liked the book because it produced vivid images in my mind. The writing was meant for kids, that's why it wasn't difficult to comprehend. Today, I think this book is kind of cheesy, but it doesn't mean that others can't give it a try.
Tracey
This is one of the better developed Goosebumps stories. You have great kids, a great monster, and a ridiculous but funny twist ending. I was laughing out loud at the dilemma Freddy and Cara found themselves in.
Darth J
Apr 01, 2013 Darth J rated it really liked it
Super Star
May 22, 2016 Super Star rated it it was amazing
this is a brilliant book it makes u think about it then you get it I recommend this book to 9 +
Alan D.D.
May 18, 2014 Alan D.D. rated it liked it
Interesante, pero no muy atrapante.
Interesting, but not so complling.
رومولا الن
اول عدد أقراءه من سلسلة صرخة الرعب
كان مسليا وتغيير عن الروايات الطويلة
Emmy Lou
Dec 28, 2015 Emmy Lou rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This one was a big flop for me. I didn't like any of the characters.
Colin Garrow
Mar 19, 2017 Colin Garrow rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Best friends Freddy and Cara think they're tough, so when they discover a hidden passage in the basement of Freddy's house, they don't waste time debating their next move. But the secret room reveals something unexpected - a coffin, and a mysterious bottle...

As with all the best horror stories, Mr Stine doesn't allow his heroes to hang around, instead he establishes the characters and throws them into a scary situation. Or rather, a situation that could have been scary. Admittedly, I'm an adult
Maximus Perez
Feb 21, 2017 Maximus Perez rated it really liked it
The book Goosebumps Vampire breath was an amazing book! It was about a boy named Freddy who is fearless and so is his friend Cara. They go in Freddy's basement and find a bottle of vampire breath. When they open it a vampire begins to haunt his basement and him. They eventually put him back in the bottle. I recommend this book to anyone who wants a quick read and a little spook.
Jenn Swanson
I needed something that was simple and ridiculous and a quick read because I finished a nonfiction book that was a little heavy. I got everything that I needed. I don't remember this book from my childhood but it was a good, interesting story. Would recommend.
Hilary
Jan 10, 2017 Hilary rated it it was ok
Vampire Breath was at least a bit better than Werewolf of Fever Swamp in that the creature existed for more than like, five pages. The Vampire was introduced fairly early in and you get to see some of the classical creature actions. You also get to wonder how a vampire loses its fangs and what exactly Vampire Breath is made of if not... Vampire Breath itself. I mean, that was never really explained or made sense of. Ever.

Two pugnacious friend knock over a china cabinet and destroy priceless ch
Jay
Apr 29, 2013 Jay rated it it was ok
I've never read Vampire Breath before. In fact, I'd never ever hear of it until recently. I must have missed it when I was younger. I had no idea what it was about. A vampire with stinky breath? Who knows? All I knew was it was the first vampire story in the Goosebumps series.

And after reading it, I still really don't know what it's about. Two kids find a vampire, but he doesn't have fangs. They find a bottle of Vampire Breath and it takes them back in time. The vampire still doesn't have fangs
Trevor Wells
Jul 01, 2015 Trevor Wells rated it liked it
Tami Roberts
Nov 06, 2009 Tami Roberts rated it liked it
Shelves: paperback-series
3rd – 6th Grade: Independent Reading

R. L. Stine draws adolescent readers into the world of Goosebumps through their curiosity in scary stories; when children start reading the series, they have had little exposure to the horror genre. Stine has the talent of creating a story that makes the reader not want to put the book down, compressed with action. When the children were trapped in the castle, the reader will not want to stop reading until they know the children are safe. His text is full of
Mark Pugh
Adam Uraynar
Dec 11, 2016 Adam Uraynar rated it it was amazing
I have a happy memory of reading this book.
Sarah Crawford
Jan 15, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it
This is one of the Goosebumps series for younger readers. The two main characters are Freddy and his friend Cara. While playing around in the basement one day they tip over a china cabinet and find a door in the wall that was behind the cabinet. Exploring the tunnel the door opens into they find a room with a coffin inside, and in the coffin is a bottle marked Vampire Breath.

The bottle gets opened, of course, and a real vampire appears, although he's missing his fangs. This leads to various scar
PSU
Sep 23, 2016 PSU added it
There were 2 girls who would hang out with each other and baby sit a boy named Taylor but that day when they went to Freddy`s house to go play air hockey,In the basement but then they started wrestling like they always do in the end of a air hockey game,but a girl named Cara was better at wresting so she was able to push Freddy into a shelf full of plates,and silverware the shelf fell over and hit the ground making all the plates and silverware break,but a hidden door has been revealed so they m ...more
Lidojack
Jun 10, 2012 Lidojack rated it really liked it
This book was interesting enough when the kids seem to have been trapped in the basement. They were there trying to find out what was in the place and they had find a bottle of something called Vampire Breath. Now, they find a vampire in a coffin and it asks for a bottle of vampire breath. They all get into a scary chase and almost had no hope but found the vampire breath and they all went back to their time. The crazy thing is, one of the kids is the grandchild of the vampire. It was very weird ...more
Ixchel
Jan 22, 2015 Ixchel rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Ixchel by: my friend
I really love reading this book. This book is amazing and scary. It is about two friends who love discovering new things. One day they want to see what birthday presents they are getting. They go on a search to find the hidden place were their gifts can be. Without knowing Freddy and Cara find a cave under their house and they discover a misterious bottle. They think that this bottle has a special present known as Vampire Breath. Freddy doesn't pay attention and accidently breaks the bottle. A c ...more
Connie
Source: I own this book.
Cost: Unknown

Title: Vampire Breath
Series: Goosebumps #49
Author: RL Stine
Overall Rating: 3 stars

Vampire Breath follows Freddy and Cara as they find a hidden passage in Freddy's house. Little did they expect to find a coffin at the bottom and a mysterious blue bottle with the title "Vampire Breath."

This, to what I can see, was a popular installment in the Goosebumps series and part of me can see why. We'd all love to find a mysterious tunnel in our houses and exp
  • The Haunted Cave (Spooksville, #3)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps Presents TV Book, #15)
  • Il cerchio magico
  • The Escape (Animorphs, #15)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Bites: Scary Stories to Sink Your Teeth Into
  • Hideout
  • More Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (Scary Stories, #2)
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Monsters: Tales to Give You the Creeps
  • Le Portrait de Petite Cossette 1 (Le Portrait de Petite Cossette, #1)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 62 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)