Start by marking “Vampire Breath (Goosebumps, #49)” as Want to Read:
Vampire Breath (Goosebumps, #49)

Vampire Breath (Goosebumps #49)

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  2,846 ratings  ·  100 reviews
HE'S A DENTIST'S NIGHTMARE

Tough. That's Freddy Martinez and his friend, Cara. They're not afraid of anything. But that was before they went exploring in Freddy's basement. Before they found the secret room. Before they found the bottle of Vampire Breath.

Poor Freddy and Cara. They should have never opened that bottle of Vampire Breath. Because now there's a vampire in Fredd
Published 1996 by Scholastic

Archie Wilson & The Nuckelavee by Mark A. CooperGregor and the Marks of Secret by Suzanne CollinsGregor the Overlander by Suzanne CollinsGregor and the Prophecy of Bane by Suzanne CollinsGregor and the Curse of the Warmbloods by Suzanne Collins
5th Grade Reading List
37th out of 152 books — 75 voters
Don't Go To Sleep! by R.L. StineMoonlight Secrets by R.L. StineHow I Learned To Fly by R.L. StineMidnight Games by R.L. StineThe Confession by R.L. Stine
R.L. Stine
59th out of 114 books — 41 voters

More lists with this book...

Carmen
Apr 28, 2015 Carmen rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Kids; Parents
But what does it do for you?" I demanded.

"Everything!" Count Nightwing shouted.
"Vampire Breath does everything for a vampire! It allows us to travel in time. It can make us invisible and reappear again. It keeps our skin smooth and clear. It gives us energy. It helps us sleep. It keeps our bones from drying to powder. It freshens our breath!"

This book is very strange. Freddy Martínez and Cara Simonetti are best friends. They are also very physical with each other, wrestling with each other and
Anmol
In this book, Cara and Freddy find a secret door in Freddy's basement. In that door there was long tunnel that lead to a secer rooom, containing a coffin, which has a vampire in it. Cara and Freddy somehow go back into time. They are almost bitten by vampires. But once they get home they find something very intersting. Read the book to find out!
Debra Covell
I promised a student I would read this. Surprisingly silly. I understand why so many children enjoy these for light reading.
Jory
PRO TIP: Whenever you find a hidden secret door in your basement, you probably should never go near it and/or open it.

But that is what 12-year-old Freddy and his "tough" friend Cara do. They open this secret door that was hidden behind a china cabinet. They follow the tunnel inside of it and come face to face with a coffin and a bottle of something called Vampire Breath. So what do these idiot 12-year-olds do? Well, they open it of course!

Bad move, guys. Because as soon as they open this bottl
Fudz
Buku Goosebumps pertama yang sy miliki, coz sblm2nya cuma pinjem ke tmn or adik kelas. Klo ga salah wktu masa2 SD kls 6. Sy baca buku seri Goosebumps didorong oleh rasa penasaran, krn covernya yg beragam dan cukup menggambarkan kenyataan dari sebuah horror.
Ok, dalam edisi Indonesianya b'judul Napas vampir, klo ga salah itu edisi ini berhadiah stiker yg bs menyala dalam gelap.
Napas VAmpir bercerita tentang seorang anak yang menemukan ruangan di rumahnya yg selama ini ditutup rapat dan digembok.
K
Tracey
This is one of the better developed Goosebumps stories. You have great kids, a great monster, and a ridiculous but funny twist ending. I was laughing out loud at the dilemma Freddy and Cara found themselves in.
Andrew
I bought this novella not only because it's a Goosebumps book and that I didn't already have it, but because I thought it would be interesting. I was right. It didn't have alot of events exactly, it was more of a story of things that happened all at once. As in like a couple of hours. Despite that I thought the set up was good and the twist at the end was not what I expected. I had a completely different idea of what the twist was going to be and the cool part also was that a random thing at the ...more
Glenn
Currently rereading my original Goosebumps collection

Can't remember the last time I enjoyed reading a Goosebumps book this much. The quality of the later entries has started to decline but this is one of the better ones. I believe this is the first time in the original series that vampires are the main focus. This one is at times creepy, mysterious and funny. The story is actually interesting. Kids will love this one.

Read from August 25, 2014 - August 26, 2014
Trevor Wells
Ryan
This book is about a boy named Freddy Martinez. He is supposedly not scared of anything at all including his friend Cara. When they went to his basement they discovered a secret room. They found a bottle that contained bad vampire breathe. They opened and woke a vampire and now they must fight until they kill the vampire.If you like Vampires and brave kids then read this awesome Book.
Claire Dizon
I've read this years ago when I was a kid, probably between 10-12 years of age. I liked the book because it produced vivid images in my mind. The writing was meant for kids, that's why it wasn't difficult to comprehend. Today, I think this book is kind of cheesy, but it doesn't mean that others can't give it a try.
Ixchel
Jan 22, 2015 Ixchel rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Ixchel by: my friend
I really love reading this book. This book is amazing and scary. It is about two friends who love discovering new things. One day they want to see what birthday presents they are getting. They go on a search to find the hidden place were their gifts can be. Without knowing Freddy and Cara find a cave under their house and they discover a misterious bottle. They think that this bottle has a special present known as Vampire Breath. Freddy doesn't pay attention and accidently breaks the bottle. A c ...more
Tyler Holman
Vampire Breath was about this bottle marked Vampire Breath and Freddy and Cara opens it. When she opens it a vampire comes out and there is another full bottle and he needs that to get his fangs. Apparently he has been napping inside the bottle for like 300 years. So he is super thirsty. He finally gets his fangs. Then we find out that Freddy and his parents are vampires. The vampire from the bottle is actually Freddy's brother. It ends with the vampire family flying away to drink some blood exc ...more
Alan D.D.
Interesante, pero no muy atrapante.
Interesting, but not so complling.
J.
Tami Roberts
3rd – 6th Grade: Independent Reading

R. L. Stine draws adolescent readers into the world of Goosebumps through their curiosity in scary stories; when children start reading the series, they have had little exposure to the horror genre. Stine has the talent of creating a story that makes the reader not want to put the book down, compressed with action. When the children were trapped in the castle, the reader will not want to stop reading until they know the children are safe. His text is full of
Davide
E pensare che fino a qualche anno fa andavo pazzo per questa collana. Rileggendola dopo alcuni anni, mi rendo conto che la lettura è suggestiva solo per quella fascia d'età. Quello che prima poteva spaventare, ora fa ridere. Tutto sommato è comunque una lettura piacevole che evoca bei ricordi.
Daniela
i remember this episode from the show but it was a little different, Cara and Freddy were siblings and in the book there friends and the vampire is Freddy it was better i think, it wasn't scary at all, it was funny so cool, you'll finish this in an hour tops so fast, i love this books!
Amanda Sheila
Not really my favorite, because I don't find this book scary. But overall I enjoyed it. I don't know why I keep buying this series.

Lidojack
This book was interesting enough when the kids seem to have been trapped in the basement. They were there trying to find out what was in the place and they had find a bottle of something called Vampire Breath. Now, they find a vampire in a coffin and it asks for a bottle of vampire breath. They all get into a scary chase and almost had no hope but found the vampire breath and they all went back to their time. The crazy thing is, one of the kids is the grandchild of the vampire. It was very weird ...more
Keegan
Freddie and her friend are two tough cookies, they aren't afraid of anything and when they find a bottle of vampire breath they are in for the ride of there lives. The genre horror and i really enjoyed this book.
As all R.L. Stine books, they end up with a strange twist. Seriously a great, quick read if you are in a reading slump!
Chloe Louise
A good short book to break up my reading of Game of Thrones and Odd Thomas.
Colton
I never read Vampire Breath as a kid, but now I kind of wish I did. At first, I wasn't really interested in a vampire story, but the beginning drew me in and put this one on my favorites list. The prose is better than usual for Goosebumps and evokes the eerie setting well. The story involves two kids who find a vampire sleeping in the basement and end up transported to his eerie castle in the past. Lots of description serve to amp up the creepiness a bit and give the text some credibility. The s ...more
Danielle Boles
I remember loving this book when I was in 4th grade.
Sahil Soni
it's a good book. i like it
Freshy
lol vampire breath...
Jerome
A good entry in the series, even if the ending is nonsensical. Freddy and Cara find an insane, amnesia-ridden vampire in their basement, who prepares to attack Cara until he finds out his fangs are missing. He goes back in time to find them, but inadvertently takes Freddy and Cara with him. Along the way, our fangless vampire repeats “I’m thirsty...so very thirsty” over and over again.

Absurdly, it turns out that the vampire was Freddy’s grandfather. Oh, and Cara somehow turns into a werewolf.
Tony  Francis
this is a good book freedy and his friend find a mystourios door in hi basemant. it leads to a tunnel at the end they find a casket with a bottle in it the openit and stuff comes out and it smeels really bad after the stuff clears a vampire appers and takes them bak in time to his castle he says he is looking for vampire breath in a bootle so he can eat them so they find the bottle first but it takes them and the vampire back to freedys it turnes out the vampire is freedys relative
Kainé Jaye
It's been a long while since I last read a Goosebumps book, so I decided to step back into my childhood days and see what I'm missing out on. As soon as I started reading I felt at the most, ten years younger. Like a little kid again, I was full of anticipation for what's to come. All the way through this story, I couldn't decide whether Nightwing was good or bad, and I think the conclusion answered that for me. I knew things weren't quite as they seemed!
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps Presents TV Book, #15)
  • Il cerchio magico
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Ghosts: Tales to Haunt You
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • The Extreme (Animorphs, #25)
  • The Haunted Cave (Spooksville, #3)
  • Hideout
  • Wind Chill

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 62 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)