Start by marking “The Lost Saint (The Dark Divine, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Lost Saint (The Dark Divine, #2)

The Lost Saint (The Dark Divine #2)

4.04  ·  Rating Details ·  15,103 Ratings  ·  989 Reviews
A family destroyed. A love threatened. An enemy returns.

Grace Divine made the ultimate sacrifice to cure Daniel Kalbi. She was infected with the werewolf curse while trying to save him, and lost her beloved brother in the process.

Desperate to find Jude, Grace befriends Talbot, a newcomer to town. But as the two grow closer, Grace's relationship with Daniel is put in danger
Published December 28th 2010 by EgmontUSA (first published November 29th 2010)

Halo by Alexandra AdornettoTorment by Lauren KateNightshade by Andrea CremerCrescendo by Becca FitzpatrickClockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Beautiful Book Covers of 2010
19th out of 346 books — 1,392 voters
Mockingjay by Suzanne CollinsClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareCity of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareTorment by Lauren KateCrescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
Gotta have 'em!!! 2010 & 2011 YA Releases!
35th out of 349 books — 996 voters

More lists with this book...

Kristi
Feb 13, 2011 Kristi rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, own-arc
WOW! Talk about an emotional roller coaster.

I was a fan of The Dark Divine, but I have to say that I think The Lost Saint may have topped it. And how perfect was the title "The Lost Saint" such perfect metaphorical use. It could have easily described several characters in the novel. Genius!

Despain does a wonderful job intertwining the mythology within the aspects of religion. It's a refreshing experience.

I must admit I was expecting the conflict between Grace and Daniel, but it didn't exactly p
Savannah (Books With Bite)
Jan 20, 2011 Savannah (Books With Bite) rated it really liked it
Is there some kind of rule that say the second book has to be an emotional roller coaster?
This one was filled with drama and major emotions. Grace saved Daniel. Thinking everything was okay, things all of the sudden began to change. Daniel becomes more distant leaving a wide open space for a new boy to come in. Grace is lonely and that is bad. Grace begins to lies and falls into a trap that she doesn't see.

First off, major emotions. Poor Grace. After all that she has done, Daniel goes and treats
Rachel
Aug 17, 2010 Rachel rated it it was amazing
OMGOMGOMG.
I don't think I can wait any longer for this book.
I've read The Dark Divine and absloutely LOVED IT.
THE COVER LOOKS BEASTTT.
Laianna
Sep 11, 2011 Laianna rated it really liked it
Although an engaging follow-up to its prequel, The Dark Divine, I have to say, I was a little bit disappointed by this book.

Perhaps my expectations were just too high for this book, but I found the plot line rather predictable compared to the awesomeness of the first one. Daniel aggravated me until the very end of the book, and despite my unwavering support in The Dark Divine, I felt his withdrawn, secretive nature was a bit too much when applied to their situation here.

Other characters too seem
Colleen Houck
The Lost Saint is even better than the first book. It's full of fun twists and turns and ends with a shocking cliffhanger, which is my favorite kind. I still don't get the legs on the cover but this is a great story and I look forward to getting my hands on the next one. It's a really fun series.
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Andrea for TeensReadToo.com

When Grace Divine saved Daniel from the curse of the werewolf, she was bitten by her brother, Jude, and was burdened with the curse, as well. Now, Daniel is training her to balance the wolf side of her self, her superpower side, and her normal human side. But when Daniel becomes distant and doesn't think it's a good idea to train anymore, Grace turns to a new guy in her life.

Talbot thinks Grace needs to train and helps her learn how to use her power. And al
oliviasbooks
No more pondering. CLEAN CUT after 59 pages. And I simply use of my status comments as my review (which feels like re-heating yesterdays dinner somehow, but also fits since the book itself seems to be reheated and rechewed, too):

"I had low expectations concerning the first [book in the series] and ended up liking it a lot, but not loving it. Usually I abhor second installments that do not go forward, but backward, you know? Like questioning the love you've just found, being secretive again, hold
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
Apr 08, 2011 Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of shapeshifters
What an ending! O_0
It was a great book even though I wanted to punch Grace and Daniel in the face for acting like total losers around each other.
I felt sorry for Talbot. Hopefully we will get a chance to see more of him in the third book.
Angela
Good but not as enjoyable as the first, 3.5 stars

Earlier this year, I devoured Bree Despain's debut novel, THE DARK DIVINE, in one sitting and loved it. While I enjoyed THE LOST SAINT, it didn't quite live up to its predecessor.

Grace made the ultimate sacrifice to save Daniel's soul and lost herself to the werewolf curse. Ten months later, she and Daniel are still together, but Grace's family is falling apart. After Grace receives a cryptic phone call from her brother, she knows what she must d
Dec 28, 2010 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jennifer by: jennsicurella@verizon.net
I spent a lot of time during my reading of The Lost Saint wondering how Daniel could act like he was. At times, he irritated me to no end. Grace's love for him, her ability to save him, should have counted for something. And then I remembered, Grace and Daniel - they're teenagers. And everything made sense. They were acting their age, something we don't always see in young adult fiction, especially when it comes to relationships. That, along with all the other wonderfully realistic character tra ...more
Thomas
Feb 09, 2011 Thomas rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Honestly, I do not know why I am giving this book a 3.5 rating when it deserves a slightly lower one.

Not to jump on the "let's bash paranormal romance by labeling it as a Twilight ripoff" bandwagon, but I have to admit, The Lost Saint was exactly the same as New Moon. Once in love boyfriend grows distant with a mysterious secret, girl is completely clueless and relentlessly questioning, new guy shows up to test the girl's affection for the original guy... yes, it is all here.

For some
Natalie
Feb 08, 2011 Natalie rated it it was ok
In a Sentence: Better than the first installment, but still a bit disappointing.

My Thoughts

For those of you who were around last year and remember reading my review of The Dark Divine, you'll probably also remember that, despite it's popularity, I wasn't a big fan off the book. However, since I thought the author, Bree Despain, had a lot of potential, and because I'm a firm believer in second chances, I decided to give The Lost Saint a shot when I was asked to review it.

I will say this: I th
Kristy
Jul 06, 2011 Kristy rated it liked it
Street Corner TBR Challenge: July pick #1 per Milly

Okay, so I admit when I started reading this I was thinking to myself, " Here we go again, I'm going to know every twist and turn and have no suprises." Well, on a positive note, I was wrong. I was pleasantly suprised along the read. Did I love the book then? Not-so-much.

Spoilers:
I was suprised with Daniel's Father's role. You knew he was going to come back about midway through the story, but still his character seemed so juvenille.

Daniel and Gr
Clarissa
Jan 28, 2011 Clarissa rated it it was ok
Shelves: paranormal, ya, 2011
I have never felt this disappointed in a second book of a series. I read it really fast just after it came out and was extremely disappointed. I had originally planned to read it again, give Bree a second chance. But I’ve had it on my Kobo for a month and have not had the stomach to endure it again. The characters, plot, predictability, pacing and setting were just all wrong. It felt like she wrote it really fast, but could have used another year to get this one right. It just feels wrong to me. ...more
Steph Sinclair

I must say, I rather enjoyed The Last Saint! It started off a bit slow for me and at times I felt some scenes were forced, but overall it was a fun read.

Grace has her hands full in the exciting sequel to The Dark Divine. In The Last Saint she not only struggles to hold onto her relationship with Daniel, but also resisting her inner wolf. Violence, once again, threatens the good city of Rose Crest and nothing and no one seems to be as they appear.

The reason Daniel and Grace stopped talking to ea
Holli
Sep 18, 2011 Holli rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library, audio-books
The Lost Saint takes us on a fast ride of jealousy,betrayal, revenge, vulnerability, self revelation, redemption, and of course, unconditional love.

Everything Grace has known her life and world to consist of is tested in book two. With Jude missing, her mother has a bit of a mental break down, leaving Grace to shoulder more responsibility in the home as her Father sets off on a search to bring Jude home.

Daniel, although cured starts to realize some strange changes with himself, and instead of o
Skye
Sep 05, 2013 Skye rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
This review is also posted on my blog, In The Good Books.

The Lost Saint had an amazing plot - I could never see where the story was headed. Part of that unpredictability probably stemmed from being locked in Grace's head, with the first person narration, and having no idea which other characters you could trust or couldn't.

The werewolfism (I don't care if it's not a word - you know what I mean) in this series is so unique in lore to other werewolf books. I especially liked how it was seen as mor
BOOK BUTTERFLY
Dec 18, 2010 BOOK BUTTERFLY rated it it was amazing
The wolf deep inside Grace threatens to break free. Some say let it out, some urge her to control her dangerous dark side before it consumes her body and soul. Unsure of what is right and what is wrong, Grace does know one thing for sure- she won't sit around idle while her brother Jude is lost out in the world by himself. Swallowed up by an unforgiving city, she knows she must find Jude before it's too late. With her mother grief-stricken and her father constantly on the road, Grace decides to ...more
Katie
Jan 08, 2011 Katie rated it it was amazing
I am very impressed with this sequel.

THE DARK DIVINE had been a pretty good book. When I first bought it and started reading it I had no idea that it was about werewolves. And since I love, love, love werewolves it was a happy surprise.

I felt that Daniel and Grace's relationship was very sincere and I liked that they grew up knowing each other. It wasn't some sort of mysterious 'oh my gosh! that guy is hot!' type of moment a la Bella and Edwardesque.

The added mystery was a plus, even though I
Liz
Oct 19, 2015 Liz rated it liked it
Okay, the first book was interesting and intriguing.
In these books the werewolves are shown from a different perspective. There is another myth behind this story and the author researched it very well.
This book is not like e.g. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. It seems very similar at some points, but at the same time it is completely different.
While the other book is smooth and more like a fairy tale this one is full of tension and strong, powerful feelings and actions!

All characters in this bo
Juliette
Oct 17, 2012 Juliette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dark Divine è stato in assoluto uno dei migliori libri dell'anno scorso. Ricordo di averlo praticamente divorato, e una volta finito ero perfino tentata di leggere il seguito in lingua. Ma l'anno scorso l'inglese per me era ancora una lingua completamente sconosciuta, cosi ho deciso di aspettare fino alla sua pubblicazione italiana.

Quando venerdi mi è arrivato Lost Grace, ho fatto letteralmente i salti di gioia, e l'ho iniziato quella sera stessa, anche se un pò titubante.
Perché titubante?Perché
Katieb (MundieMoms)
Oh how I enjoyed The Lost Saint! As I've said before, I'm not always a fan of the second books in series, as the characters sometimes make choice (that I know the need to make) that make me cringe and more often than not, it breaks the main character and it either breaks up the main love interests or leaves their relationship in jeopardy. This sequel has all that and more. Not only does Bree deliver a darker journey for Grace to take, as she learns to control her inner wolf, but she th
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
I read this book as a follow up to The Dark Divine that I just read and reviewed. I did not review this book for content for The Literate Mother. But, if I had, it would receive about the same sort of review.

In this book, the plot thickens, more players are brought into the game and we see Grace, Jude and Daniel evolving into different people/things.

My favorite quote and the best part of the book for me was, "That voice you hear-those terrible things that bombard you. Thoughts that make you thi
Shwetika
Feb 08, 2011 Shwetika rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, leanable
NOOOOOOOOOOOO !!! This can't happen .. It's not possible . is it ??? No ways

Okay here's the thing the book was really really awesome . It's was 4.5/5 star . In the start I was like Oh! what now this books don't seems to be of any good but as i progressed it got better and better .

As we all know Grace's a wolf now and Daniel is teaching her to use her power and to be human at the same time . And then something strange happens . Jude calls Grace to warn her and then a series of strange activities
Yaa
Apr 04, 2011 Yaa rated it it was ok
Shelves: series, ebooks
Don't you just hate it when you are smarter than the main character? When all arrows point this way yet the main character spirals the other? I felt like murdering Grace when reading this book. Her obvious stupidity was infuriating and the fact that all the clues were SCREAMING at her she just couldn't get it. In The Dark Divine she was smart articulate and strong headed yet in this one she was ditsy and air headed.

I don't really understand why Daniel was given such small parts. I was so very e
Abbie
Feb 18, 2014 Abbie rated it liked it
The Lost Saint was slightly better than The Dark Divine, but it still dragged.

Grace was still an okay character, but unfortunately, she had more annoying moments than she did in book one.

The most annoying character in the last installment was Jude, but in this one, it was Daniel.
He completely changed... and he drove me nuts because he kept pushing Grace away.
Grace could be annoying when it came to their romance too... but Daniel annoyed me a bit more.

The ending was a bit of a cliffhanger, bu
Rebecca Jane
Mar 31, 2016 Rebecca Jane rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I didn't like this book as much a I loved the first one but it was still really good. Although I would've liked to read more Grace/Daniel moments. The characters were really good even though people lke Talbot and Caleb, I just didn't like their role in the book. The ending was really good and unexpected but I almost cried when I found out what happened to Daniel :(
Mira
Jan 02, 2011 Mira rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. The story picked up right where it left off. The characters grew up in this book and Grace was challenged in more ways than one. Daniel was challenged to put his feelings aside and help grace. If you want adventure and romance this book is for you..
Krista Smith
Mar 03, 2014 Krista Smith rated it it was amazing
The book "The Lost Saint" by Bree Despain is the second book to the "Dark Divine" series. It is about how Grace is being trained by her boyfriend and former werewolf on how to keep her werewolf "powers" under control. She has to act completely normal as if nothing has changed. After she lost her best friend and was attacked by her own brother after finding out he was the "monster" terrorizing the town, being reunited with her old best friend Daniel (now boyfriend) and having to train all at once ...more
Kiki
Sep 17, 2013 Kiki rated it it was ok
This series wants so badly to be Twilight that it isn't even funny.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 17, 2015 11:46AM
Paranormal/Parano...: The Lost Saint 2 11 Jan 19, 2012 06:34PM
Young Adult Book ...: The Lost Saint-book 2 8 70 Jul 02, 2010 04:52PM
  • Secrets and Shadows (13 to Life, #2)
  • Trial by Fire (Raised by Wolves, #2)
  • Shift (Shade, #2)
  • Desires of the Dead (The Body Finder, #2)
  • The Broken Lake (The Pace #2)
  • Shadow of the Moon (Dark Guardian, #4)
  • Dark Heart Rising (Dark Heart, #2)
  • Wildcat Fireflies (Fenestra, #2)
  • Entice (Need, #3)
  • Penitence (Heavenly, #2)
  • Low Red Moon
  • Deadly Little Games (Touch, #3)
  • Unraveled (Intertwined, #2)
  • Nocturne (Claire de Lune, #2)
  • Supernaturally (Paranormalcy, #2)
  • The Haunted (The Hollow, #2)
  • Blessed (Tantalize, #3)
  • Once in a Full Moon (Full Moon, #1)
The Short: Bree rediscovered her childhood love for creating stories when she took a semester off college to write and direct plays for at-risk, inner-city teens from Philadelphia and New York. She currently lives in Salt Lake City, Utah with her husband, two young sons, and her beloved TiVo. The Dark Divine is Bree's debut novel.

The Long: As a kid, Bree would staple folded papers to make her own
More about Bree Despain...

The Dark Divine (3 books)
  • The Dark Divine (The Dark Divine, #1)
  • The Savage Grace (The Dark Divine, #3)

“If you let anger into your heart, it will push out your ability to love.” 92 likes
“If you have the ability and the opportunity to help someone, but you don't do anything just because you're scared or it's inconvenient or something, then maybe you're just as bad as the people who caused the trouble in the first place.” 47 likes