Start by marking “Healer's Choice (Ghostland World, #3)” as Want to Read:
Healer's Choice (Ghostland World, #3)

Healer's Choice (Ghostland World #3)

The author of Spider-Touched and Ghostland continues her tale of a postapocalyptic world where the afterlife has come to life...

Published September 7th 2010 by Berkley (first published July 29th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Healer's Choice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Healer's Choice

Marion rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2011
Nov 14, 2010 Darcy rated it really liked it
With this book there seems to be a change in the series. I would consider the first 2 as erotica, while this one is more Urban Fantasy Romance, if there is such a thing. Yes there is sex in this book, but it is pulled back much more than the others, which is funny as a large portion of it takes place in a brothel.

We met Rebekka in the last book and learned just how special she was. In this book we learn just what her back ground is and how it formed her. At first glance Rebekka doesn't seem lik
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Sep 13, 2010 Lizzielvr rated it it was amazing
I love post-apocalyptic stories, it fascinates me to read different takes on what life would be like after an apocalypse…the world that Jory Strong creates in this series is very dark and scary (although her love scenes are very hot). With great heroes, heroines and memorable secondary characters. This one is definitely a page turner.
Oct 19, 2010 Daffodil rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Jory Strong has created a complex world with a unique mythology. This third entry is an improvement over the first two and brings more of the Djinn plan into focus. If the books continue at this level, I will definitely keep reading.

Nov 26, 2010 Penny rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010
Probably my least favorite of Jory Strong's books, not really sure why. It didn't hold my attention like the others.
Lady Rogue
Sep 28, 2010 Lady Rogue rated it it was amazing
K. Lincoln
Oct 19, 2010 K. Lincoln rated it it was ok
I didn't enjoy this one as much as the prior three. Possibly due to the cool details of the world and politics being overshadowed by the over-the-top anst of both hero and heroine and even other minor characters who we get POV from once in a while. Way too much time dwelt on places like "channels"..... Can we have more of the cool relationship-builds-character like from the first in this series?
Jan 07, 2011 Amy rated it really liked it
I have to admit, most of my exposure to this author (no pun intended) is through her Ellora's Cave titles. I received this one for Christmas & have since bought the first in the series!
Deviant Divas
May 13, 2011 Deviant Divas rated it really liked it
Shelves: demons
Hmmmm..... I can honestly say this book was good. Not as much erotic sensual chemistry. There were more details about what was going on with politic groups and the supernatural.

You can tell Jory Strong is getting ready to throw in some serious changes. I am looking forward to see where they lead.
Jun 16, 2011 Kalynn rated it liked it
In Jory Strong’s “Healer’s Choice” the hero has to deal with a dual nature, human and jaguar. In many ways, the issue of a dual nature is one that applies to the book itself. On one hand, the novel is an interesting, if occasionally confusing, piece of post apocalyptic urban fantasy. On the other, it is a somewhat overwrought work of paranormal erotica of the “destined mate” variety. And the seams definitely show.

The third book in Strong's Ghostaland world series has more world building and mor
Jessica Schechterle
Jessica Schechterle rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2011
Scooper Speaks
Oct 06, 2011 Scooper Speaks rated it really liked it
I haven't stayed on top of this series like I should. I skipped book one and read book two. I finally finished book three, which was a nice change of pace. It's a dark, paranormal--bordering on urban fantasy world filled with sadistic people. It's NOT a fluff read. It shows the worst type of degradation...but ends with a sliver of light.
Dec 30, 2011 Katherine rated it really liked it
Third novel in the series, it's sexy and primal...survival in this post-apocalyptic world is rough, and the characters are raw and tough. Great romance and action.
LeeAnn G
Jan 17, 2012 LeeAnn G rated it liked it
The first in this series to read. Probably should not have but did not know of the series until I was a third through the book.

A saddening tale but well written.
Tammy rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2012
May 03, 2012 Josephine rated it it was ok
Odd combination of Christian religious meanings with overly blatant sexual references and smattering of random other mythology. Strong's writing isn't bad which is why I bothered to finish, but not my cup of tea.
May 19, 2013 Elle rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
A little rambly in the middle, but overall not a disappointing chapter to Jory Strong's FASCINATING post apocalyptic, supernatural series. Just great. If you want different, check out this series!
Jul 06, 2012 Jessica rated it really liked it
The story and world are very dark, separated from bleak only by a thin ribbon of hope running through it.

Dense worldbuilding (if this is your first book in the series, you will be confused; if you've read others in the series, you still may be confused at times). Much more urban fantasy in feel than the erotic/paranormal romance tone of the first two.

The heroine, Rebekka, is a-maz-ing. Really loved her. Strong, loyal, resilient, compassionate and capable of making very difficult choices and acce
Oct 11, 2012 Johanna rated it it was amazing
The farther I get into this series the more I love it. It's amazing! I find it myself having to go back and refresh my memory as to who is who and that makes me happy. The characters are unforgettable and the tangled web of the story line is like no other in the Erotic Paranormal Romance genre. Well, that's a mouth full. There is nothing like a excellently written Erotic book. There are so few but I would place Jory Strong with the Megan Hearts of the Erotica genre. Very well done, indeed!
Jen rated it liked it
Oct 23, 2012
Joshua Burns
Mar 01, 2013 Joshua Burns rated it really liked it
As Seen on

Healer’s Choice may have the blandest title of its kin, and it might have the most incomprehensible beginning, but as a companion piece, like a twin sister retaining all the general characteristics that you liked so much about the other one but refining not only the general characteristics that one likes but also talents that one previously speculated were latent, a finale to the plot set forth in Spider-Touched it excels.

You are probably wondering what qualities get dra
Pamela rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2013
Feb 08, 2014 Amber rated it liked it
Really on the fence with this one. On the one hand I liked the world building and setting, on the other...I dunno. The sex scenes weren't really my cup of tea. I liked the hero and heroine, I just didn't get drawn into them enough. It was just...I don't know...a little TOO fated and perfect? I mean, I read romance so obviously I can a enjoy a "we were born to be together" type story, but...just didn't work for me completely. Still got three stars because I liked the IDEA, the writing wasn't bad, ...more
Mar 09, 2014 Kara rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, vampire
I liked this one better than the second one. Rebekka is a strong character and her choices are hard. We see more of the politics of this world especially of the Weres.
Sep 21, 2014 Ally rated it liked it
Posted on Swept Away Again

Born into a world of violence and paid-for sex, Rebekka longs for a family of her own and dreams of freeing those trapped in the shapeshifter brothels of the red zone. A witch's prophecy claims she'll one day use her gift to heal the Weres made outcast by their mixed human-animal forms.
But Rebekka knows that everything comes at a cost. A plea to save five children sends her into the arms of Aryck, a Jaguar enforcer-and into territory controlled by pure Weres. It's a pla
Jul 31, 2014 Mydearloverboy rated it really liked it
dragged a bit too much in the beginning and was hard reading it without knowing the previous books in the series...
overall,an ok read.
Kim rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2014
Littlemisskiara rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2016
  • Julian's Jeopardy (Dawn Endeavor #3)
  • Eye of the Beholder (True Destiny, #2)
  • Worlds Apart
  • Silver Mine (Takhini Wolves, #2)
  • Relentless (Federation Chronicles, #2)
  • Indulgent (Eternal Pleasure, #3)
  • Primal Pursuit (Primal Attractions, #2)
  • For the Earl's Pleasure
  • Sanctuary (Red Rock Pass, #1-2)
  • Something Wicked (Living in Eden, #2)
  • On The Prowl
  • Captive Soul (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #5)
  • Beyond The Shadows (Realms Beyond, #2)
  • Beowulf and Roxie (Wulf's Den, #1)
  • Belong To The Night (The Long Island Coven #2)
  • Dominated (Wolf Gatherings, #2)
  • Fugitive (Cat Star Chronicles, #5)
  • Vampire Trinity (Vampire Queen, #6)
Jory has been writing since childhood and has never outgrown being a daydreamer. When she's not hunched over her computer, lost in the muse and conjuring up new heroes and heroines, she can usually be found reading, riding her horses, or hiking with her dogs.
More about Jory Strong...

Ghostland World (3 books)
  • Ghostland (Ghostland World, #1)
  • Spider-Touched (Ghostland World, #2)