Start by marking “Humpty Dumpty and Friends: Nursery Rhymes for the Young at Heart” as Want to Read:
Humpty Dumpty and Friends: Nursery Rhymes for the Young at Heart

Humpty Dumpty and Friends: Nursery Rhymes for the Young at Heart

2.67 of 5 stars 2.67  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Meet old favorites like Tweedle-dum and Tweedle-dee and, of course, Humpty Dumpty. Then make new friends with some less-known rhymes like Robin the Bobbin, the Three Wise Men of Gotham, and the Lion and the Unicorn. Oleg Lipchenko has selected twenty traditional rhymes to illustrate with his enormously skillful and witty images. Perfect for gift-giving, this book demands t ...more
Published September 14th 2010 by Tundra Books

To ask other readers questions about Humpty Dumpty and Friends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Humpty Dumpty and Friends

Randie
Lipchenko's collection is a refreshing balance between popular and lesser-known nursery rhymes. You could spend days gazing at his illustrations and still not see everything, the detail and quality is that great. While, I enjoy this book very much, I am not sure that it would appeal to young children. Appreciating this book takes time and thought.
Sean Fowler
I don't quite understand the title of the book. It is Humpty Dumpty and friends, but the Humpty Dumpty nursery rhyme only makes up a fraction of this book. It should just be called Nursery Rhymes. Anyways, this book had many different nursery rhymes with illustrations for each. The illustrations were done well, but they were a bit creepy and probably scary for a young kid to read. I would recommend this book to a parent to use as a reference for telling nursery rhymes, but not for a kid to read.
Nancy Jo Lambert
The illustrations for these classic nursery rhymes are wonderful. However, some of the nursery rhymes are not the most popular, and therefore detract from the enjoyment of this picture book. Also, while the illustrations are really well done, they are not necessarily super attractive to young kids.

The very last nursery rhyme at the end adds a nice bedtime tale feel to the book.
Sharlet Mullen
Not my favorite of picture books because of the story has always been such a happy picture to me and this book is not happy.
Brandy Gilbertson
The illustrations in this book were a little creepy. The characters were illustrated like humans and they were just odd.
Christiane
Worth checking out for the odd, quirky illustrations and some of the more unfamiliar nursery rhymes.
Brittney
Nursery rhymes but they seemed unorganized
Candace
good pictures but wouldn't us in my classroom
Megen
This book is written in poetic form.
Adrienne
Great illustrations.
Susan
Susan added it
Oct 23, 2014
Tolu
Tolu marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2012
Oleg Lipchenko is a member of the Ukrainian Union of Artists. Now based in Toronto, he paints primarily in oils. His superb technique and strong sense of design reflect his background in architecture. Oleg Lipchenko’s has had thirty exhibitions in Canada and Europe. A member of the Lewis Carroll Society, his fresh view of Alice has the group’s approval.
More about Oleg Lipchenko...
The Hunting Of The Snark Alice in Wonderland (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland #1)