Better Off Alone

Better Off Alone

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  3 ratings  ·  3 reviews
This is a zombie short story.

I'm coming 4U

Nell has been forced to leave the safety of her basement. As the dead chase her along the familiar streets of her suburb, she stumbles on a group of survivors who offer her shelter. But all she's concerned about is finding her way to Todd, the only person who's helped keep her sanity.

She intends to ask this group of survivors to...more
ebook
Published by Damnation Books (first published December 1st 2009)

Michele Lee
Reviewed for MonsterLibrarian.com

Better Off Alone is definitely a horror bite, clocking in at about 40 pages, that flirts with the idea of a good story more than delivering it. Set in a post zombie uprising world, the main character Nell escapes her basement stronghold after an attack and stumbles into a band a survivors with a dark secret. She wants to rescue Todd, the man who kept her hopes up over the last month through email, but first she has to survive her rescuers.
Better Off Alone is ul...more
Monster
Better off Alone is definitely a horror bite, clocking in at about 40 pages. It is set in a post-zombie uprising world, where the main character, Nell, escapes her basement stronghold after an attack, and stumbles into a band of survivors with a dark secret. She wants to rescue Todd, the man who kept her hopes up over the last month through email, but first she has to survive her rescuers.

Better off Alone is ultimately incomplete. There are many potentially interesting things mentioned, but the...more
Darcy Leerhoff
Darcy Leerhoff marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2013
Crake
Crake marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2012
Crystal-Rain Love
Crystal-Rain Love marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2012
Yolanda Sfetsos
May 27, 2011 Yolanda Sfetsos added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2011
Emily Lear
Emily Lear marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2011
Kelley
Kelley marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2010
Unsolved Mystery
Unsolved Mystery marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2010
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2010
1985780
Wife. Mother. Writer. Bibliophile. Dreamer. Animal lover. Intrigued by the supernatural. Horror freak. Zombie enthusiast. Movie & music fan. Slave to her muse.

I'm an Aussie who loves to write tales of the otherworldly.

My muse doesn't like restrictions, so I write in a variety of genres. I'm always happy to toe the dark edge of storytelling.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy spending time with my...more
More about Yolanda Sfetsos...
A Patch of Darkness Wither Split at the Seams (Sierra Fox, #2) The Soul Dealer: Deception Demon of Christmas Past