Start by marking “Speak No Evil (Gifted, #6)” as Want to Read:
Speak No Evil (Gifted, #6)

Speak No Evil (Gifted #6)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  847 Ratings  ·  59 Reviews
Everyone in the gifted class has a secret, but Carter Street is the most mysterious student of all. He never speaks, and no one knows who he is or where he came from; they just know that like them, he's special. But there's something going on behind Carter's blank stare - something dangerous!
Published September 3rd 2010 by Macmillan

Tawna
May 04, 2012 Tawna rated it really liked it
I really liked this series but am stuck in limbo waiting for something else to come out and keep it going because of the way this book ended. I can't wait until something comes up if Marilyn is planning on writing more in the gifted series.
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Sally Kruger aka "Readingjunky" for TeensReadToo.com

Carter has amnesia. He was found wandering on the street before he was taken to Harmony House. He's in the care of Dr. Paley, who is trying to get to the bottom of why Carter doesn't remember who he is and why he doesn't seem to be able to even talk about it.

While Carter is being poked and prodded and questioned, another special group of students is meeting in the "gifted" class at Meadowbrook Middle School. Their teacher is leading
An Odd1
Apr 23, 2012 An Odd1 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, fan
"My students have the potential to be dangerous, just as all people have. But my students also have the potential to do great and wondrous things" p 194. Teacher Madame is realistic. http://giftedseries.com/

Carter, quiet obedient blank-eyed boy never speaks or reacts, yet emerges from hypnosis and reports on the class to the group of villains that conspire to abuse the teens' powers. Like the others, he responds to threat, fear, need, emotions, in a surprising way. He is the first to be curious,
Naomi
Jan 03, 2011 Naomi rated it liked it
Barbara
May 20, 2011 Barbara rated it liked it
Oct 30, 2011 Laura rated it liked it
It's always a little worrisome when a publisher has a huge stack of paperbacks of a late-series book, particularly since it was published over a year ago: has the series not been selling? In the case of the Gifted series, that might be what's going on (I don't actually know but I do suspect).

This series tells the story of a very unusual Gifted class at Meadowbrook Middle School. Each book is in many ways a stand-alone, with only a few references to previous books. This is Carter Street's story,
JusMe
Jun 01, 2012 JusMe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series has the potential to go further. Ebook upped the pace which was great and I would like to see more of the Gifted Series.

But you can't control your gifts unless you undersand them. You have to dig deeper into your feelings if you want to manage these gifts. And You can't do this in the same way. Not only because each gift is different, but also because each of you is at a unique level in terms of control."

I know there are many times when your gifts may seem like burdens — or curses, e
Katherine Rushforth Nelson
REQUIRED READING FOR PRESENTATION

Carter Street is in a class for the "gifted." These gifts consist of: invisibility, reading minds, making people do as you wish, etc. Carter Street however is the most mysterious of the gifted students. Know one knows what his gift is or why he is even in the class. He sits in the back of the class and doesn't say a world. However, it was discovered in book 5 that Carter was being hypnotized to give classified information about the other students in his class. H
❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄
Speak No Evil.

No idea why the title of the book is that, wasn't complementing as others :/
Amanda... well, as always one of the central characters, back to her Queen Bee image, wants to get rid of her gift as usual, and finally carter, I mean his name's Paul now, understands his gift.

HE IS SHAPE-SHIFTER!!! :D Well, not like the ones that can turn into only one animal, like a wolf, but other too! Also turned into a cat a one point...

Ahhh, 3 stars. Well, the Gifted series books never have the 'acti
C-chan
Jan 15, 2012 C-chan rated it liked it
I enjoy the characters in this series -- they're all quite unique and interesting. Carter's perspective was particularly interesting for me, I rather liked it.

That being said, the plot is entirely contrived, and it's obvious from the first few pages what's going to happen throughout the story, as it has been with the entire series.

I will admit to being over the recommended age, and that's probably part of it. But still, the characters make me want to keep reading, even if the plotlines are somew
Annett Millan
Feb 18, 2014 Annett Millan rated it it was amazing
La saga de Gifted me ha gustado mucho, no solo porque es fácil de leer e interesante si no porque en cada libro te muestran más sobre un personaje pero al mismo tiempo sobre todos y sobre los problemas que han tenido. Este libro me gusto más porque se trató de Carter, el chico que nunca habla, que siempre esta en blanco y solo realiza lo que se le ordene. Me gustaría que hubiera más libros pero no creo que salgan más…
Christine
Dec 21, 2011 Christine rated it it was ok
I don't know why I continue to read this series. It's poorly written and utterly unbelievable. Not the fantasy/special powers the kids have, because that is the crux of the story, but things like police letting "criminal acts" go unpunished with just a wave of the hand, etc. Very juvenile.
Angela
Aug 30, 2011 Angela rated it really liked it
Carter is the boy of mystery. In this book we find out his past and what his special power is. This seems like a simple fun series. I started off with the 6th one as that was the only one in the library. I'll have to see if I can find the rest before and after.
Crystal Wilkinson
Nov 14, 2015 Crystal Wilkinson rated it it was amazing
This book was great.
James Cullen
Dec 02, 2012 James Cullen rated it it was amazing
Can't wait for Number 7! Marilyn Kaye you Brilliant Lil' wee Specimen you.
Rebecca
This book was a good addittion to the series, although I didn't think the story was as good as previous books in the series. For me this series hit its high in the middle with books 3 and 4 and they didn't get any better after that.

The main character in this book the mysterious Carter although the rest of the gifted class do make their own appearances throughout the book. I honestly didn't find this book in the series exciting or interesting, and didn't really hold my interest enough that I rea
Chantelle Cobenais
Oct 27, 2015 Chantelle Cobenais rated it really liked it
Shelves: fall-2015
The book is through a boy who cannot speak's point of view. I find this interesting because in the other books he is like a mystery, always quiet, and robot-like. In this book I got to know who he really is, his background, what he thinks about, and why he was the way he was in the other books. This book really helped me to understand the series better. The boy's name is Carter. He has had many different names and a very interesting sory. This book is about nine teenagers in middle school. Each ...more
Veronica Morfi
Aug 15, 2012 Veronica Morfi rated it really liked it
A great ending to a series that kept my attention till the very last page.

In the final book of the Gifted series we finally get to learn who Carter Street, the kid that never speaks and has no memories, truly is. After he is sent to Harmony House he starts some sessions with Dr. Paley who eventually helps him remember who he is and figure out his gift, which by the way was very unexpected.

Besides finally being in Carter's head we get to see through the eyes of Amanda who finally finds a way to g
Khalia Hades
Jan 25, 2014 Khalia Hades rated it really liked it
At the end of Book #5 , we read as it was discovered that there was a spy amongst the group and that he had been sharing secrets about the gifted group to the bad guys. The spy turned out to be classmate Carter Street. Someone who doesn't really speak throughout class. Carter is then sent to Harmony House - a juvie like centre where he undergoes a series of Pysch evaluations from Dr. Pauley, whom we have read about in the previous titles. It seems that when Carter gets under stress, he can shape ...more
Sabrina Wannet
Apr 03, 2016 Sabrina Wannet rated it it was amazing
The last book of this serie.

The looks:
A bit boring but looking at the other books it suits because all the books are like this.
When I saw this serie I thought this can be interesting.

The story:
I loved it, it is sad that this was the last book. The story was not strong but it was entertaining and kept you reading till the end. Where book 5 became a bit boring I loved that this was about Carter the mysterie boy. I had a lot of questions about him that became answered in this book. The power from
εlﻨբ ツ
3.5
Seçilmişlerin en ilginci Carter'da idi sıra. Konuşamadığı, sadece söyleneni yaptığı için Dr. Paley ile Uyum Evi'ne gidiyor. Adam bir şekilde onun yeteneğini öğreniyor, konuşmasını sağlıyor. Ama... Onun niyetini de sonradan öğreniyoruz. Jenna çok yardımcı oluyor, Amanda ve Ken ortalığı karıştırmakla meşgul. Tek sevmediğim nokta -her kitapta olduğu gibi- suçlulara karşı hiç bir şey yapamamaları. E tabi herkes onlarla uğraşır böyle olunca. Neyse sanırım başka kitap çıkmadı. Şimdilik elveda :)
Jan
The story of the "Gifted" class continues. This time we find out the secret of the most mysterious member of the class, Carter Street. This series is great for what it is. It is an easy and fun series for tweens/teens. I have given it to some reluctant readers with pretty good success. I love Marilyn Kaye and am really hooked on the series. As more and more people learn the secrets of these kids, the mystery of where this series is going increases. This is the 6th book and I am not tired of it y ...more
Jeev1017
Feb 26, 2016 Jeev1017 rated it it was amazing
Seriously!!! People really need to learn how to share.....why does everyone have a gift and I don't?!?!...........This book, was actually my most waited book in the series. I was so curious as to who was Carter I couldn't control my curiosity and ended up reading this book in one day.....plus this book was sooo hard to find, none of the libraries had it either.. how sad. :( ... and i am a little sad that my journey of reading this series has finally come to an end. Good bye Gifted. You will be r ...more
Bojana
Mar 15, 2016 Bojana rated it it was ok
Knjige nisu loše, ali namjenjene su za čitaoce mnogo mlađe od mene... Da imam 13 godina sigurno bih bila oduševljena. Iz tog razloga sam većini knjiga iz ovog serijala dala 3 zvezde. Ali onda se sjetim i drugih knjiga za mladje čitaoce koje su mnoooogo bolje i ovom serijalu dajem 2 zvezde koje i zaslužuje.
Gina
Jun 16, 2011 Gina rated it it was amazing
Giuliana Ramos
Jun 30, 2016 Giuliana Ramos rated it really liked it
Ya de por si era llamativo Carter, descubrir su pasado y como inició su don fue no solo interesante sino triste y revelador. El es un sobreviviente y como tal a luchado desde pequeño, aunque sin saberlo. Ojala continúen esta saga pues quede con ganas de más.
Petek Şeyma
May 19, 2014 Petek Şeyma rated it really liked it
Ya aslında güzel bitti de o sonunu cidden hiç beğenmedim. Diğer kitaplar gibiydi bence. Üzerine daha kitap yazılır gibime geliyor. Bu cidden serinin son kitabı mı? Cidden seriyi bitirdim mi? İnanmıyorum kendime.
Hollie Parker
May 27, 2014 Hollie Parker rated it liked it
Really loved the first two of these books. Then had to wait a few months until I actually managed to find the rest of the series but it was worth the wait. love how all the characters came in the end. Good little reads.
Crystal Kei
Dec 08, 2013 Crystal Kei rated it it was amazing
This book is really suspenseful and exciting. In this book it reviews Carters actual identity, with new dangers and challenges revolving at the Harmony House. Ken and Amanda also seek to get rid of their gift.
Sarah Piscioneri
Jun 26, 2013 Sarah Piscioneri rated it liked it
great serie original and a page turner a good serie each bookof this serie is focused on a different kid of the special class(a class with kids gifted with super powers) its been a while since a new one though
  • Apartment 255
  • Tensy Farlow and the Home for Mislaid Children
  • Pieces of my Heart
  • The Whisperer
  • Petals in the Ashes (Sign of the Sugared Plum, #2)
  • Kill the Possum
  • The Wizard of Rondo (Rondo, #2)
  • Halo
  • Summer of Secrets
  • Bridesmaid's Club (Zodiac Girls, #8)
  • A Starless Sky
  • Dead Is Not An Option (Dead Is, #5)
  • 7 Souls
  • Rob&Sara.com
  • Just a Summer Romance
  • Girl Stuff: Your Full On Guide To The Teen Years
  • Sweet-talking TJ
  • The Evil Within (Possessions, #2)
I was born in New Britain, Connecticut, and grew up in Atlanta, Georgia. I also spent a year (5th grade) in Montgomery, Alabama, and a year in Ann Arbor, Michigan(8th grade). As a child, I always wanted to be a writer, but I had lots of other ambitions too. I wanted to be a teacher, a librarian, a movie star, the president of the United States, and a ballerina.

I didn't achieve all my goals. I nev
More about Marilyn Kaye...

Gifted (6 books)
  • Out of Sight, Out of Mind (Gifted, #1)
  • Better Late Than Never (Gifted, #2)
  • Here Today, Gone Tomorrow (Gifted, #3)
  • Finders Keepers (Gifted, #4)
  • Now You See Me (Gifted, #5)