A Kiss for Cade

A Kiss for Cade (The Western Sky Series #2)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  354 ratings  ·  37 reviews
Bestselling author Lori Copeland shares another marvelous romantic Western full of God's grace, the beauty of redemption, and second chances.

Famous bounty hunter Cade Kolby is forced off the trail to decide the fate of his late sister's orphaned children. He's not just returning to his hometown and nieces and nephews, but also to the fiery redhead he loved and left 17 year...more
Published January 1st 2010 by Harvest House Publishers (first published December 31st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about A Kiss for Cade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Kiss for Cade

Deborah Boutwell
I love a good love story and I love a good western. I've spent the past 2 days entrenched in both.
A Kiss for Cade, written by Lori Copeland.....need I say more.

Her name alone says that this is a good book. I haven't read all 95 books that Lori has written, but of those that I have read....I've not been disappointed.

A Kiss for Cade was first released as The Courtship of Cade Kolby in the general market. Lori has updated the text to reflect her switch to the Christian publishing arena, making this...more
Linda Clarke
I thoroughly enjoyed this delightful story. The last person Zoe Bradshaw wanted to see was a sweetheart from 15 years ago. He had once promised that he would return but he never lived up to his promise. Now he is back home, trying to find a decent place for his late sister's kids to live. Seeing Cade after all these years makes her heart remember how she once felt, but Zoe is furious because he had not kept his promise to her. She will not allow her heart to be broken once again.

As Lori Copeland...more
ReviewsByMolly
Lori did it again! I have fallen in love with another of her books. A Kiss for Cade is book 2 in Lori's The Western Sky Series, and she did not disappoint with this one. It's full of love, laughter, tears and God, making it sure to be on a the best selling list!

I truly loved all the characters in this book, however, my favorite character is Cade. He just goes through so much struggling in this book that I felt myself often praying for him, and for God to reach out to him and touch is heart. When...more
Jolene
Apr 03, 2011 Jolene rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Historica Romance Fans
Cade Kolby has spent years as a bounty hunter and plans to spend the rest of his life doing the same. Afterall, bounty hunters can't exactly retire - too many enemies looking for revenge. When his sister, Addy, dies and leaves behind four children, her last directive is that Cade should decide who will care for her children. Addy's best friend, Zoe, immediately takes custody of the children while they await Cade's return to Winterborn. Zoe loves the children as her own and intends to convince Ca...more
Tamara
A KISS FOR CADE was an enjoyable, even humorous read set in the western planes of Kansas.

Zoe Bradshaw finds herself not only mourning the loss of her best friend, Addy, but angry at her as well. Addy has asked that her bounty hunter brother, Cade decide the future of her four young children, children Zoe loves as her own. Once in love with Cade, Zoe doesn’t want him to return to Winterborn. He left promising his return and never looked back. And no matter how many times she tells herself she is...more
Kathryn
Delia
Fifteen years ago, Cade Kolby rode out of Winterborn. He promised to come back and didn’t, leaving young Zoe with a broken heart and a secret—both of which nearly destroy her. She’s none too pleased to summon the now-famous bounty hunter back home when his sister dies, leaving four orphaned children behind. But that was Addy’s last request, so Zoe complies. A widow now, she’s older, wiser and much more on her guard than the love struck maiden Cade abandoned so long ago. All she needs to do is co...more
Margaret
Feb 10, 2010 Margaret rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: western romantics
Recommended to Margaret by: GlassRoadsPR
The romance that makes you squirm at the characters and scream at their blind spots for love makes me smile when I read it in a book. Much in the way that I enjoy the comedy and romance of Mary Connealy, I really enjoyed this story from Lori Copeland. I have read some of her other new books such as those from Avon Inspire and enjoy them. Yet this series from Harvest House is even better.

A Kiss for Cade is the second book in The Western Sky Series, but the first one for me, and now I'll have to...more
Annalisa
This was another good clean western romance from the Western Sky Series. It seems like the only similarities in this series is that they take place in the west. None of the characters or towns are they same at all. I look forward to reading the third book.

Amazon Product Description:
Famous bounty hunter Cade Kolby is forced off the trail to decide the fate of his late sister’s orphaned children. He’s not just returning to his hometown and nieces and nephews, but also to the fiery redhead he loved...more
Barbara
Bounty hunter Cade Kolby leaves the trail of a killer to decide what to do with his late sister's children. When he returns to his hometown, he finds his childhood sweetheart, Zoe Bradshaw, waiting for him. She has one request: let her adopt the kids, whom she's grown to love.

Lori Copeland is a very witty writer, and the scenes where Cade tries to make friends with the kids' pet tarantula, Bud, are very funny. Her characterizations are true and the plot, like most romances, is somewhat predicta...more
Debbie Turner
I really liked it. I think I liked it more than Outlaw's Bride. A very good book that was well worth my time.
Lynda
Review done -- just needs to be entered.
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
This is a Christian romance novel about Cade who is a bounty hunter. Cade comes back to his home town to find his nieces and nephews a home after their parents die. The nieces and nephews are being taken care of by their mom's best friend who also happens to be an old girlfriend of Cade's. This book kept my attention the whole time. It had some suspense, plenty of banter, and romance. I also appreciated that the religious part wasn't over done as sometimes it can be. I loved this book!
mary Ethington
I liked this book as long as I didn't look at the cover. The author descriped a very rugged good looking man, and then, no offense to the guy on front, but he didn't fit it. I thought it was a fun read and cute. I liked the sense of humor of the characters. It was easy to read and enjoyable.
Sunshine 4me
I really enjoyed this book. I liked that the relationship took time to develope, even though they were once inlove. This is my first Lori Copeland book. I wasn't sure I would like her writing, so I am looking forward to reading more of her to see if she has other good stuff.
Amy
Ever read a book that isn't all that well-written, is full of cliches, is even far-fetched at times, but you find yourself completely wrapped up in the story? This was my experience with "A Kiss for Cade". I started this book one evening and spent the next morning finishing it.
SheLove2Read
Inspirational western historical romance. Lori Copeland is one of my favorite authors but this offering seemed to be filled with cliche's. If you can think of a western trope, its in here. Overall though I'd not consider it a bad read, just not a great read.

B-
Jody
Sweet story of a boy leaving home to make it rich bounty hunting and the girl he left behind. His past comes back in a big way and brings more trouble than he thought possibe. Read as #1 in series due to Library markings.
Trina
I read this book in one day. The story flowed along really well. I laughed throughout the book as Cade learned to love the kids. Missy's antics kept me giggling. I'm finding I like Lori Copelands writing.
Cassandra Bowers
I enjoyed this book. Not terribly complex and fairly predictable. However, I found the characters likeable and it was a fun easy read.
Shellie
Ok read. Story is good. There are a lot of characters, and I had a hard time keeping them straight. But I liked this one. :)
Ally
The only thing I didn't like about this book is the title. Kind of, I don't know....cheesy? naw, that's not the right word....
Katie
I haven't finished this book yet I'm about half way through it and I love it this is the first one in the series I've read!
Kara
Very cute. Lori Copeland is great at Christian romance. She avoids preaching and still keeps it clean and uplifting.
Carol Alva
once again not my usual type of read. but i like it very much...
Nancy
A very typical plot--until a twist at the end. A nice surprise.
Nessy96
i really really liked this book. ganna readed agian thats for sure
Heidi
Cute read. A little long in parts....but I enjoyed it.
Barbara
Very good story of love and perseverance. I enjoyed it.
  • A Lady Like Sarah (A Rocky Creek Romance, #1)
  • Sharpshooter in Petticoats (Sophie's Daughters, #3)
  • The Jewel of His Heart (Heart of the West, #2)
  • Finally a Bride (Texas Boardinghouse Brides, #3)
  • Love's First Bloom (Hearts Along The River #2)
  • Mail Order Cowboy (Brides of Simpson Creek, #1)
  • Chasing the Sun (Land of the Lone Star, # 1)
  • The Unlikely Wife (Bowen, #2)
  • Sabrina (Big Sky Dreams, #2)
  • Fit to Be Tied (Sisters of Bethlehem Springs, #2)
Lori lives in the beautiful Ozarks with her husband Lance. Lance and Lori have three sons, three daughter-in-laws, and six wonderful grandchildren, and two great-granddaughters.

Lance and Lori are very involved in their church, and active in supporting mission work in Mali, West Africa.

Lori began her writing career in 1982, writing for the secular book market. In 1995, after many years of writing,...more
More about Lori Copeland...
Faith  (Brides of the West #1) Hope (Brides of the West, #3) Glory (Brides of the West, #4) June (Brides of the West, #2) Ruth (Brides of the West #5)