Start by marking “The Best Is Yet To Come ” as Want to Read:
The Best Is Yet To Come

The Best Is Yet To Come

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  392 ratings  ·  21 reviews
As a young secretary, Ivy McKenzie had been hopelessly in love with tycoon Ryder Calaway. But their searing passion—and Ryder's cool rejection—sent innocent Ivy running. Now, five years later, Ryder's magnetic virility was just as daunting—and harder to escape.

Ryder always got what he wanted. Except Ivy. For years he'd waited and longed for her. Now she was free, and Ryder
192 pages
Published March 2010 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published May 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about The Best Is Yet To Come, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best Is Yet To Come

Amanda Sheila
Not my favorite, at all. Sure, Diana Palmer is big on her angst, but this book is just full of useless misunderstanding between hero and heroine that I found ridiculous.

I don't like the heroine because she's kind of stupid and I don't like the hero either because he do nothing but brooding and living in a past.

So this book is sort of disappointment. :/
Melanie
Not my fave DP, because I found that Ivy grated on my nerves after a while.. What I did like is that Ryder didn't hide the fact that he loves her to himself and goes after her. However all the non-dits get old pretty quickly:-)
Sheila Melo
Kindle Version Has Two Stories in One Book

A double feature consisting of THE BEST IS YET TO COME by Diana Palmer and MATERNITY BRIDE by Maureen Child.

THE BEST IS YET TO COME

Ivy Trent has loved Ryder Calaway for many years but has always known that they were impossible since an encounter years ago when Ryder accused her of trying to catch him. Despondent, Ivy married a high school friend and was miserable. Her husband was an alcoholic who abused her. Now a widow, Ryder has begun to come around ag
Dani Lister
Awesome as always

In this book it was a new twist. Usually the other man isn't in love with her and she has to fight for his love. This one he was already in love with her and didn't know how to tell her.
Rachel Buchholz
Poignant

I chose this title years ago and just cannot put it aside without coming back to it often! I enjoy the character insight every time!
Karen
I'll read pretty much anything but I'll be honest and say that this book was Meh.
Lisa
I enjoyed this book because it was a sweet love story. Diana Palmer never fails to capture my attention. My personal opinion is that Ivy is too wishy washy, a little to sweet and demure. Ryder is the ultimate hero, macho and strong and delicious. He tends to turn a cold shoulder when his emotions are high and he thinks Ivy needs protecting from such strong feelings. I would have like him to explain himself just once. Over all it was a good read and I did enjoy the playful banter the characters s ...more
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Robyn
A sweet love story. Ivy has been in love with Ryder for five years, but thinks he doesn't love her so she marries someone else and the marriage is not good. Ryder has been in love with Ivy for five years too. Her husband dies, he comes back and hires her to be his secretary so he can try and make her fall in love with him. With his patience and care they both work through the misunderstandings and admit their love for each other.
Afifah
Novel Diana Palmer yang menurut saya sangat kurang. Konfliknya kurang, bahkan menurut saya malah tidak ada, sehingga alur dan ceritanya jadi datar-datar aja dan terasa maksa banget buat dijadiin novel. Sayang banget, padahal novelis sekelas Diana Palmer harusnya bisa membuat karya yang jauh lebih bagus dari ini.
~Megan~
One of my favorite Palmer books! It has everything...the older man, the miscommunication and misunderstandings, the torrid passion, and of course the incandescently happy ending! This one lacked a little bit of the cruelty that sometimes happens in her books, and that's why it gets such a high rating.
Narita Wijaya
Banyak salah paham, miss komunikasi, yang bikin hero and heroine nya 'buang-buang waktu' padahal bisa lebih awal berhubungannya... Tapi karena waktu yang terbuang itulah mereka bisa belajar dari pengalaman dan jadi dewasa...

PS: Ceritanya lumayan HOT... khas Diana Palmer ^^
Anita
ceritanya simple seputar salah paham ryder dan ivy,dan diakhiri dengan happy ending:) khas DP, sweet, dan quick reading... harga ni buku lagi melambung tinggi, buat cerita yang... yah harlequin bangetlah, tapi karena pengarangnya DP makanya diminati buat koleksi :)
Katelyn
The fear that I am becoming to jaded for this author. The books are good and it is typical Diana Palmer.
Erotic Horizon
The Best is Yet to Come by Diana Palmer (1991)
Marianne
Nice diversionary romance, usual cliches
Heather
Ryder & Ivy. Another nightstand essential.
Makeeba
i thought this book was boss and interesting
ReadWriteSnap
I love it! But then, I love Diana Palmer!
Cecelia
Holy hell amazing book!
Sharon Sue
Sharon Sue marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Camelia
Camelia marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
  • The Royal Wedding Night
  • Pinangan Terselubung (The Baby Proposal)
  • A Man for All Seasons
  • Craving Beauty
  • Marco's Convenient Wife
  • Pernikahan Pura-Pura (A Mediterranean Marriage #5)
  • Emily and the Notorious Prince (The Balfour Brides #3)
  • One Night with the Enemy
  • The Italian Boss's Secret Child
  • An Officer and a Millionaire
  • Magnate's Mistress...Accidentally Pregnant! (Modern Heat)
  • Love's Legacy
  • Deserving of His Diamonds?
  • Seduction Becomes Her (Becomes Her, #2)
  • High-Powered, Hot-Blooded ( Man of The Month Series)
  • The Fearless Maverick (Bad Blood, #4)
  • The Kanellis Scandal
  • A Springwater Christmas (Springwater, #6)

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's liberation movement many years before it became fashionab
More about Diana Palmer...
Lawless Heartless (Long, Tall Texans, #36) Lawman (STP - Mira) Fearless (Long, Tall Texans, #35) Dangerous (Long, Tall Texans, #37)