Start by marking “The Quicksand Question (A to Z Mysteries, #17)” as Want to Read:
The Quicksand Question (A to Z Mysteries, #17)

The Quicksand Question (A to Z Mysteries #17)

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,165 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Help Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose solve mysteries from A to Z!
Kids love collecting the entire alphabet and super editions! With over 8 million copies in print, the A to Z Mysteries(r) have been hooking chapter book readers on mysteries and reading for years. Now this classic kid favorite is back with a bright new look!
Q is for Quicksand . . . "Quack, quack" ducks crossing
Published May 28th 2002 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Quicksand Question, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Quicksand Question

Deepthi Herga
Nov 19, 2015 Deepthi Herga rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: snugli-books
My 7 - year old has finished the entire set of the A to Z mysteries (including all the super editions). I started reading them because I wanted to find out how good these mysteries are and after I started, I finished the entire set myself. This will be a common review for all the books in the set (so please forgive me if you see this repeated under another book).

First of all, the mystery part of the book is fairly simple for an adult, but I can see how it can keep a kid engrossed. The characters
Bookwiz
Nov 11, 2010 Bookwiz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose are the three main characters in the book and are kind of like kid dectives and in the book "The Quicksand Question" the kids go on a wid goose chase to find the missing money which ends up being at the bottom of a lake/large pile of quicksand which two of the kids gets stuck in. if you would like to know how the mystery ends read "The Quicksand Question" might I add it is not the best book in the series but it is ok just read it and see what you think.
Dharia Scarab

Myself, I go ou
Julianna
Jul 06, 2009 Julianna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids Who Like Mysteries
I thought The Quicksand Question was another nice addition to the A-Z Mysteries series. The storyline about the town of Green Lawn building a bridge so that the ducks could safely cross the road was cute, and the rescue of Dink and Josh from the quicksand added a little suspense and excitement. Overall, another fun read in this series.
Lisadunbar22
Mar 19, 2013 Lisadunbar22 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: evan
I liked at the end when the ducks peacefully crossed over the bridge. It was cool when the kids got to sleep in Josh's barn. It was funny when the twins stole the money and became rich! Review written by Evan & Hailey.
Marlee
Jun 03, 2014 Marlee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book to my 9 year old and my 6 year old. They both loved it. We've so far read all of the previous books in the series. However, it really wouldn't matter if yo read the previous books before reading this book. A fun series for younger children. Kind of silly for adults, but great for sharing with younger ones.
Melissa Namba
I had fun reading this book. I think kids will enjoy it. there is a good science bit about quicksand. the only thing that bothered me was I wanted the old man to be the bad guy and I also don't really think a bridge for ducks is practical because larger birds eat ducklings.
Betsey
Dec 06, 2015 Betsey rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
If you want your kid to read a book that has like 15 male characters and 1 girl, well ok. Even the dogs are boys. It's impressive how male this book is. The story is pretty run of the mill for this age and type of book series.
luhvBOOKS
Aug 24, 2012 luhvBOOKS rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Title: The Quicksand Question

Author: Ron Roy

Series: A to z Mysteries #17

Rating:

Summary: Q is for Quicksand... Everyone in Green Lawn is in a quake about the ducks that keep crossing River Road. Just when the town raises enough cash to build a special duck bridge, the money is stolen! Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose are on a quest to find the culprit. But to catch their quarry, the kids will have to go wading...through quicksand!

Review: I was always interested in quicksand... Right on, Roy!

Things I Lo
Dolly
Sep 03, 2009 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Working our way through the alphabet in the A to Z Mysteries series. The Quicksand Question wasn't our favorite in the series, but was a solid book.

The mystery was fairly tame, and though there was some excitement, there was little danger involved for the kid detectives. I did feel, however, that the author was beginning to stretch the story a bit, trying to fit the plot into the "Q" theme. It worked, sort of. Anyway, we are moving on to The Runaway Racehorse next.
Seth
Feb 02, 2015 Seth rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: by-myself
they were saving up for a duck bridge. the ducks were crossing the road. the money got stolen! they almost sank into quicksand! they caught the crook.
Kiran
Oct 31, 2014 Kiran rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beth Anne
Jul 26, 2015 Beth Anne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-aloud, 2015
Read aloud to Emma and Will. We laughed out loud a few times but I didn't find the plot line super compelling
Pearlynn Pang
Mar 31, 2008 Pearlynn Pang rated it it was amazing
Title: The Quicksand Question
Author: Ron Roy

Opinions and feelings about story

I feel that this story is very interesting. They describe the characters using good phrases. I will recommend this book to my friends.

What is the story about?

Everyone in Green Lawn is in a quake about the ducks that keep crossing River Road. Just when the town raises enough cash to build a special duck bridge, the money is stolen! Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose are on a quest to find the culprit. But to catch their quarry, th
Angela
Book Club first book picked by Polly
Trisha
Jul 09, 2014 Trisha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
we learned a lot in this one!
Yasuko Takatsuki
Jul 02, 2014 Caleb rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I Liked it
Reagan
May 15, 2016 Reagan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The town is trying to raise money to build a duck bridge. All the money is going into a heavy, plastic container that is shaped like a duck. When the money gets stolen, it's up to Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose to find out who stole the money, and get it back.
Their searching leads them into a patch of quicksand!

I really like this book. It is pretty good. You should read it. This book is super cool and really interesting.
Jillian
Mar 22, 2013 Jillian rated it it was amazing
THIS AUTHOR IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!He is one of the best authors I think. what i like about him is that he always starts the title with the same letter in the front. What I also think about the author is the mysteries is the story because it always gets you in the story thinking what is going to happen next and it is something I don't expect!!!!!Also the title gives you a clue of what is going to happen and there just great books!!!!!
Sara
May 07, 2013 Sara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When the money for a duck only bridge goes missing Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose go through quicksand to find the jeep that landed in there with the bridge money. They find the guy and they built the bridge for the ducks. I recommend this book to those that love mysteries. ...more
Joshua
Mar 05, 2013 Joshua rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"The Quicksand Question" was a great book because Martin hid the duck bank in quicksand and Josh got stuck in it and found it! Then Martin was in jail. Dink had gotten stuck to. But Dink and Josh warned
Ruth Rose not to go in it. She listened to them. To be continued...
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 Sydney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
when the town has enough money to build a special duck bridge the money is stolen to get the money they have to go across quicksand to get the money.
Jessica
Jan 23, 2009 Jessica rated it liked it
I learned what quicksand really is, and that it can be found anywhere where there is sand and water under the right conditions. Who knew!
Meredith
Sep 30, 2014 Meredith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an interesting story.
Marblesaurus
Jun 30, 2011 Marblesaurus rated it liked it
I liked the idea to build a bridge for ducks and ducklings. It was very clever that the quicksand was the clue.
Luca
Apr 09, 2016 Luca rated it really liked it
The kid almost died, to bad. A plastic duck, really? I can't live with MYSELF!
Isaacv
Oct 31, 2013 Isaacv rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this is a good book because i am a fan of a to z mysteries
Kaytee
Oct 25, 2015 Kaytee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it was amazng it had alot of details and alot of words
  • Nate the Great San Francisco Detective
  • Encyclopedia Brown Keeps the Peace (Encyclopedia Brown, #6)
  • The Fashion Disaster (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #6)
  • Dinosaur Detectives (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #9)
  • Charge Of The Triceratops (Dinosaur Cove, #2)
  • Amazing Magnetism (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #12)
  • Dolphins And Sharks (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #9)
  • The Chocolate Fudge Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #14)
  • The Case of Hermie the Missing Hamster (Jigsaw Jones Mystery #1)
  • The Christmas Party from the Black Lagoon
  • Homework Hassles (Ready, Freddy!, #3)
  • Invisible Stanley (Flat Stanley, #4)
  • Callie (Kitty Corner, #1)
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...

A to Z Mysteries (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • The Absent Author (A to Z Mysteries, #1)
  • The Bald Bandit (A to Z Mysteries, #2)
  • The Canary Caper (A to Z Mysteries, #3)
  • The Deadly Dungeon (A to Z Mysteries, #4)
  • The Empty Envelope (A to Z Mysteries, #5)
  • The Falcon's Feathers (A to Z Mysteries, #6)
  • The Goose's Gold (A to Z Mysteries, #7)
  • The Haunted Hotel (A to Z Mysteries, #8)
  • The Invisible Island (A to Z Mysteries, #9)
  • The Jaguar's Jewel (A to Z Mysteries, #10)