Start by marking “The Quicksand Question (A to Z Mysteries, #17)” as Want to Read:
The Quicksand Question (A to Z Mysteries, #17)

The Quicksand Question (A to Z Mysteries #17)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  925 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Don't miss A to Z Mysteries--alphabetic adventures that are full of thrills, chills, and cases to crack!
Q is for Quicksand...
In the seventeenth book of the A to Z Mysteries--an early chapter book mystery series featuring strong boy and girl characters--everyone in Green Lawn is in a quake about the ducks that keep crossing River Road. Just when the town raises enough cas
Published May 28th 2002 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Quicksand Question, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Quicksand Question

Bookwiz
Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose are the three main characters in the book and are kind of like kid dectives and in the book "The Quicksand Question" the kids go on a wid goose chase to find the missing money which ends up being at the bottom of a lake/large pile of quicksand which two of the kids gets stuck in. if you would like to know how the mystery ends read "The Quicksand Question" might I add it is not the best book in the series but it is ok just read it and see what you think.
Julianna
Jul 06, 2009 Julianna rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids Who Like Mysteries
I thought The Quicksand Question was another nice addition to the A-Z Mysteries series. The storyline about the town of Green Lawn building a bridge so that the ducks could safely cross the road was cute, and the rescue of Dink and Josh from the quicksand added a little suspense and excitement. Overall, another fun read in this series.
Lisadunbar22
I liked at the end when the ducks peacefully crossed over the bridge. It was cool when the kids got to sleep in Josh's barn. It was funny when the twins stole the money and became rich! Review written by Evan & Hailey.
Marlee
I read this book to my 9 year old and my 6 year old. They both loved it. We've so far read all of the previous books in the series. However, it really wouldn't matter if yo read the previous books before reading this book. A fun series for younger children. Kind of silly for adults, but great for sharing with younger ones.
luhvBOOKS
Title: The Quicksand Question

Author: Ron Roy

Series: A to z Mysteries #17

Rating: ★★★★

Summary: Q is for Quicksand... Everyone in Green Lawn is in a quake about the ducks that keep crossing River Road. Just when the town raises enough cash to build a special duck bridge, the money is stolen! Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose are on a quest to find the culprit. But to catch their quarry, the kids will have to go wading...through quicksand!

Review: I was always interested in quicksand... Right on, Roy!

Things
Dolly
Sep 03, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Working our way through the alphabet in the A to Z Mysteries series. The Quicksand Question wasn't our favorite in the series, but was a solid book.

The mystery was fairly tame, and though there was some excitement, there was little danger involved for the kid detectives. I did feel, however, that the author was beginning to stretch the story a bit, trying to fit the plot into the "Q" theme. It worked, sort of. Anyway, we are moving on to The Runaway Racehorse next.
Seth
they were saving up for a duck bridge. the ducks were crossing the road. the money got stolen! they almost sank into quicksand! they caught the crook.
Kiran
Pearlynn Pang
Title: The Quicksand Question
Author: Ron Roy

Opinions and feelings about story

I feel that this story is very interesting. They describe the characters using good phrases. I will recommend this book to my friends.

What is the story about?

Everyone in Green Lawn is in a quake about the ducks that keep crossing River Road. Just when the town raises enough cash to build a special duck bridge, the money is stolen! Dink, Josh and Ruth Rose are on a quest to find the culprit. But to catch their quarry, th
Trisha
we learned a lot in this one!
Jillian
THIS AUTHOR IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!He is one of the best authors I think. what i like about him is that he always starts the title with the same letter in the front. What I also think about the author is the mysteries is the story because it always gets you in the story thinking what is going to happen next and it is something I don't expect!!!!!Also the title gives you a clue of what is going to happen and there just great books!!!!!
Sara
When the money for a duck only bridge goes missing Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose go through quicksand to find the jeep that landed in there with the bridge money. They find the guy and they built the bridge for the ducks. I recommend this book to those that love mysteries.
Joshua
"The Quicksand Question" was a great book because Martin hid the duck bank in quicksand and Josh got stuck in it and found it! Then Martin was in jail. Dink had gotten stuck to. But Dink and Josh warned
Ruth Rose not to go in it. She listened to them. To be continued...
Eddie
Sydney
when the town has enough money to build a special duck bridge the money is stolen to get the money they have to go across quicksand to get the money.
Jessica
I learned what quicksand really is, and that it can be found anywhere where there is sand and water under the right conditions. Who knew!
Meredith
This was an interesting story.
Marblesaurus
I liked the idea to build a bridge for ducks and ducklings. It was very clever that the quicksand was the clue.
Isaacv
I think this is a good book because i am a fan of a to z mysteries
Banana
This was one of my favorite A to Z mystery books!
Partridge Public
Sep 11, 2007 Partridge Public added it
Recommends it for: JF Roy
Shelves: juniorfiction
Roy, Ron
Neliya
Neliya marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
  • The Chocolate Fudge Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #14)
  • The Case of Hermie the Missing Hamster (Jigsaw Jones Mystery #1)
  • Dinosaur Detectives (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #9)
  • The Circus Scare (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #7)
  • Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Two Spies (Encyclopedia Brown, #19)
  • Revolutionary War on Wednesday (Magic Tree House, #22)
  • Charge Of The Triceratops (Dinosaur Cove, #2)
  • Amazing Magnetism (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #12)
  • Invisible Stanley (Flat Stanley, #4)
  • Tooth Trouble (Ready, Freddy! #1)
  • Nate the Great and the Big Sniff
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...

A to Z Mysteries (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • The Absent Author (A to Z Mysteries, #1)
  • The Bald Bandit (A to Z Mysteries, #2)
  • The Canary Caper (A to Z Mysteries, #3)
  • The Deadly Dungeon (A to Z Mysteries, #4)
  • The Empty Envelope (A to Z Mysteries, #5)
  • The Falcon's Feathers (A to Z Mysteries, #6)
  • The Goose's Gold (A to Z Mysteries, #7)
  • The Haunted Hotel (A to Z Mysteries, #8)
  • The Invisible Island (A to Z Mysteries, #9)
  • The Jaguar's Jewel (A to Z Mysteries, #10)
The Absent Author (A to Z Mysteries, #1) The Bald Bandit (A to Z Mysteries, #2) The Invisible Island (A to Z Mysteries, #9) The Canary Caper (A to Z Mysteries, #3) The Empty Envelope (A to Z Mysteries, #5)