Proceso de La Presencia, El

Proceso de La Presencia, El

4.45 of 5 stars 4.45  ·  rating details  ·  231 ratings  ·  45 reviews
In this extraordinary book, Michael Brown shares his profound personal experiences, insights, and transformation into present-moment awareness to help others become fully present in their own lives. After suffering for years from a painful neurological condition, and finding no cure through traditional and non-traditional healing practices, Brown began his own self-healing...more
Published June 1st 2008 by Obelisco (first published October 1st 2005)

Dulcinea Contreras
"The Presence Process" has captured a man's spiritual evolution from awakening to current moment, allowing the reader to relate to the triumphs and challenges along the journey. He takes the reader through his highly integrative spiritual practices as he faced deep physical pain and offers practical steps of energetic pathways that can foster a powerful relationship to oneself and others, creating a strong foundation to one's very own experience of life in a state of awareness. This book goes ab...more
The Goon
I've read 'The Presence Process' three times now, and each time I did the ten week program. I even joined a group that discussed this book once a week. I've met people who have read, 'The Presence Process' upwards of 15 times. They've got their copies of the book underlined, highlighted, book marked, annotated and adumbrated.
'The Presence Process' is a clear and easy to understand guidebook for a person looking to heal their emotional body and move more into the present moment. I have found the...more
Sheila
I'm in my second reading and so appreciate the insight and the work. It takes courage, and faith. I read another review from a Christian perspective; I too am a Christian, and Browne's language doesn't offend me or put me off in any other way. A rose by any other name is still a rose. I highly suspect that Presence is not offended by being referred to as Presence instead of God or Holy Spirit. It is what it is. Thank you Michael Brown.
Fadia Almarzooq
Best book I have ever red, it really guided me to the way to peaceful mind and spirit.
I red this book twice
and planning to read it a third time soon.
I found the answer of many things I experience and why I face the same situation every time and why i fall in the same problem every time.
Chris
This got me into a simple form of meditation involving breathing without pausing -- it's amazing how quickly that quiets thoughts.
Lauren
So my therapist (who I really adore) brought this to my attention. I simply don't have the dedication this "process" insists upon. I'm all for finding time for myself, and I think that integration of trauma is indeed important, however the demands of this work require way too much time, effort, and non-variance. I would start to think, "Sure yeah, I can do a variation of this step, and perhaps find it useful", but then I'd read that unless you do EXACTLY what is written, (which again, asks a LOT...more
Mo
Read this twice and benefited from the central message in ways that are still proving to be powerful for me a year later. If you're not ready to be accountable for your life and choices, buy it and dip into maybe just the first chapter for now. When the time is right, revisit it. You will learn about yourself, what holds you back, what keeps you stuck (and all the origins of this behavior) as well as how to move toward and through the drama and trauma to be your best self now!
Sheila
This is the ONLY book you will ever need to become the person you were meant to be! Michael's Presence Portal website has tons of free downloads to use as companion books for the process. In 10 weeks you will be a new person.
Ella Gray
The only book that has ever actually gotten me to meditate on a regular basis. The book has been very good at helping me realize how and why I interact the way I do. Highly recommended if you'd like to do some internal work.
Mariola
Jul 01, 2008 Mariola rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: human" species"warning requires courage!
Recommended to Mariola by: mentor
Feeling everything is a real joy.THE emotional cleansing has nothing to do with new age spirituality or world religions.
Jenn Petzold
The book is teaching me how to use my breath and stay in the moment, it is pretty powerful and does take discipline.
Samara
Most transformative book I've ever read. It is like doing twenty years of thearpy in ten weeks.
Lindy
Amazing emotional cleansing process when a trigger is activated!
Chérie Headley
My first introduction to the term “mindfulness” came while attending a local therapy institute. In fact, my first research paper at this institute regarded mindfulness and the Christian spirituality and how the two can mesh appropriately. This process had such an impact upon me, that I began immediately utilizing it within my recovery progress of transformation and restoration.

My cousin mentioned Brown’s book in passing, and then sent me her copy at my curious request. Immediately, I knew I was...more
Karen
This book has been life changing for me. My journey started with several amazing recommendations to read the Presence Process. My sister and I have taken the journey together and will never be the same. It is hard to describe the emotions and changes with words, but I feel different and am different. If you are seeking self discovery pick up a copy of this book.
Simone Pedroso
This book was life changing. You need to be ready for it, and yet you only know it when you "do" the book.
Nicola-Jane
As other reviewers of this book have said, it's the only book that's ever helped me adopt a twice-daily habit of meditation, which I've kept up, almost without fail, since I first started reading the book a few months ago. I'm on my second read through at the moment and am amazed how much I missed the first time. It makes even more sense now, and has helped me more than I can say.
Nadia
Breathing and living in the Now is a daily process that will keep you aware of daily changes inside your self and around , you will receive insights that help you understand the reason behind different feelings , discomforts, illness and that will make life easy . you only need to be patient while reading this amazing book till the end. good luck with this beatiful journey.
Ian Jege
I like how neutral Michael Brown was on this read. It has nothing to do with religions just emotional growth. I didn't realize I was an emotional infant until I read this. I am not guaranteeing the same outcome but this read has changed my life. Hi Mr. Brown ready when you are for your next book.
Jane Tardanico
I read this book with a group doing a chapter a week and sharing our impressions and how we were affected . It was exceptionally beneficial in reminding me to truly live in and cherish the moment. I plan to revisit The Presence Process again soon .
Pat Collingwood-Ruppel
A self-help book that's just for me. I resonate with it in every way and will keep it on my coffee table close by at all times. I went through the 10-week process and experienced changes. It's something I will revisit again and again.
Marta Querol
Demasiado largo, le da demasiadas vueltas a las cosas y las explica hasta la extenuación. Para mí le sobran más de la mitad de páginas. Lo bueno, el método que se entiende con facilidad y ayuda a comenzar en la meditación.
Maureen O'keefe
Boring! He does not say anything that a hundred million people have not already said. I must say, however, that I do not read many books of this genre. I am a great sceptic of "self-help" books. Oh well!
Marija S.
I am re-reading the book and am embarking on the breathing cycle again. I got half-way through the practical part the last time around and have felt it's a loose end that needs tying.
Anji
Profound wisdom and a profound process. I look forward to reading this book again as just a read and not as a process. Michael Brown was divinely inspired in his writing.
Kaarma
One of the few books, nay, experiences I've had in my life where I attribute a holistic strength set was exercised. Now...I'm kinda pushy about people getting into their bodies
Cathy
My life has been incredibly altered in the most fantasmal way in the reading of this book. What a rare find! It has fed and enriched my soul.
David S
A great technique for learning to live in the moment. It takes a lot of work and dedication to learn it, but it is worth the effort.
Kathie
Incredible process! Another one of those life changing books. I did the Process through twice and continue to live it.
Mary
I Dare anyone to try it! Then let me know how it goes :) Or feel free to call and share during the process...
The Presence Process vs Rebirthing 1 2 May 22, 2014 06:13PM
  • Reiki, the Healing Touch: Japanese Reiki Techniques and Hayashi Healing Guide
  • Changing
  • There Is Nothing Wrong with You: Going Beyond Self-Hate
  • I Am That: Talks with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
  • Life Lessons: Two Experts on Death and Dying Teach Us About the Mysteries of Life and Living
  • And There Was Light: The Extraordinary Memoir of a Blind Hero of the French Resistance in World War II
  • The Silva Mind Control Method
  • The Conscious Parent: Transforming Ourselves, Empowering Our Children
  • Mindful Eating: A Guide to Rediscovering a Healthy and Joyful Relationship with Food--includes CD

Until 1989, South African-born Michael Brown was living what he had called a blissfully unconscious life as a music journalist. He then developed an acutely painful neurological condition for which conventional medicine had neither cure nor relief. This caused him to set out on what became an odyssey of self-hea...more
More about Michael Brown...
Alchemy of the Heart