Start by marking “Goldilocks and His Three Bears” as Want to Read:
Goldilocks and His Three Bears

Goldilocks and His Three Bears (Goldilocks #1)

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  656 ratings  ·  87 reviews
Brian is a young transplant to LA when he meets Paul, a tattooed, Harley-riding leather daddy, who sets about to teach Brian the ways of being a sub. When Paul has to go out of town for work, though, Brian gets restless, and meets Jim, a big, laid back man who helps Brian relax. When Brian finds out Jim and Paul are roommates, he thinks he's in big trouble. Even bigger tro ...more
Published September 15th 2007 by Torquere Press

To ask other readers questions about Goldilocks and His Three Bears, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goldilocks and His Three Bears

Matimate
Mar 30, 2009 Matimate rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: bear lovers
Shelves: 2009, m-m
Do you like bears and daddys? I do not and this book is filled with hairy muscled bear sex with young boy, who is as slutty as is possible in such novels. Brian was searching for his dream bear and got not just one but three. The book is filled with sex scenes which are not hot I do not like them big and hairy and sweaty. The plot is not the point of this book, the point is sex.
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
Oct 26, 2011 ♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to ♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) by: Lauraadriana
Shelves: mm, mm-loved-it, mm-bdsm
I shouldn't have liked this book. I shouldn't have liked this book at all...but I did. I liked it alot.

I shouldn't have liked this book because...of the slut-a-riffic main character, Brian.
But I ended up liking Brian because he's not having sex just to have sex. He's a small town guy who's feeling lost in the big city. When he finally meets a big 'ol bear, Paul, that he clicks with, Paul ends up leaving. Paul leaves Brian without them defining whether they have a relationship or not. Brian's fee
Jenre
It feels a bit strange to review this book from the perspective of it being a new release, because although it was only published by Loose Id last week, I've owned a copy for over a year now, perhaps even as long as two years. The version I own is from the book's previous release at a different publisher. Once the contract ran out on it, the book languished in limbo until Loose Id picked it up for publishing. I can't tell you how pleased I am about that because it's a book that deserves some rec ...more
Loederkoningin
Bear read with Shell in 2014! *growls*
Sans
Thanks to a very kind friend, Christmas came early for me and I recently found myself in possession of a crapton of m/m ebooks. Yea, the angels did sing a chorus of hallelujahs and I squeed like a rabid fangirl. This was the first story I read out of the plethora of reads. Please keep in mind that while I love me some m/m action, I've got girl cooties and this review is from the viewpoint of someone with a kitty.

This was a fun little story about a cute little twink named Brian who has a fascinat
Christy Duke
I don't even remember how I ran across this title. I do remember, however, howling out loud at the description and knowing that this was a story I absolutely had to read. I'm a red-blooded woman and I like leather daddies just as much as the next guy. The thought of one little twink with a daddy bear, a mamma bear, and a baby bear just intrigued the heck out of me and I was dying to dive into the story.

Brian is feeling pretty lost in the Big Bad Woods of Los Angeles until he meets Paul, a big, b
Kassa
I’m one of the many that bought this book when it was published previously but for whatever reason never got around to reading it. So when I got it from Loose Id, I realized it was re-released but definitely worth getting. It’s a very cute story about a polyamorous relationship and it’s one that really works. I’m not always a fan of multiple partner books but this one is so cute, adorable, warm, and very entertaining. It’s just simply works as a great story and one that’s likely to leave you wit ...more
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
This book was lovely. I think the first part was better than the last, because the repetition of the meeting of Brian (cute young man who arrived in LA, he's a little lost, a little lonely and little slutty) with the three bears has the hypnotic rhythm of the fairy tale. I think this was a little lost after the second half of the book, where the story becomes more traditional - traditional in the broadest meaning of the word. I also think that the book would have been more interesting with only ...more
Bree Cheese
Pleasantly surprised by this book. I was just excepting sex scene after sex scene - and don't get me wrong there was plenty of that - but there a little bit of story too. Overall, I thought this was an enjoyable polyamorous re-telling of Goldilocks, with quite a few sweet and funny moments.
Elisa Rolle
This one is a little funny jewel, I needed to stop reading it to go out dinner with a friend and I spent almost all the time trying to retelling all the funny scenes I read.

Brian is a walking trouble. Pretty, cute and innocent, he is a small-town guy who finds himself in big-city and feels empty and lonely. Young and without the money to go college he works as clerk in a food store and meanwhile browse the gay club trying to fill the void in his life. No string attach relationships don't help hi
Lexi Ander
The description of this really doesn't do this book justice. This was such a fun read.

Brian a.k.a. Goldilocks is new to town and feeling like he is insignificant until he meets Paul.

And then that vision from Olympus looked down and noticed Brian's measly self.
"Hi there," he said, in one of those voices that carries across a room full of noise. And he simply reached out and fondled Brian's head, his big fingers gentle in the curls. "Aren't you a pretty little thing."

Paul travels a good portio
♆ BookAddict ♨ ✒ La Crimson Femme❇ ♐
See my review on The Romance Reviews.

This dick is too hard. This dick is too soft; this dick is just right! No, this isn't your usual re-interpretation of Goldilocks and the three bears. The three bears are all different and very attractive men. In fact, the only thing that is too hard, too soft and just right is the bed of each bear. Their dicks on the other hand are all perfect.

Brian is the cute as a button little Goldilocks. He falls for Paul, Daddy Bear, after a whirlwind fuckfest. By accide
Don Bradshaw
Brian likes his men big and hairy. Being new to L. A. and lonely, he ventures into a leather bar where he meets Paul. The two go back to Paul's place where they enjoy themselves as Paul's roommates are away. Brian sees his big daddy, Paul every night until Paul tells Brian that he has to leave for a few months. Brian is crushed but soon rebounds with Jim. Another big bear, Jim turns out to be one of Paul's roommates. Brian is really hurt and confused when Jim has to go away for a while. As you ...more
Oco
Jul 21, 2011 Oco added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
What a romp in the park! This is so unlike any other of AMR's: light, silly. (bounce!). Using a voice that a fairy tale might (no deep analysis, even the angst gets a light touch), AMR still manages to tell a serious story inside the sexy fun. Very 'guy'ish, too, with hairy bears, which is a refreshing change from the usual 'made for us gals' m/m.

Read this one for smiles, and to remind you that life is too short to take seriously all of the time.

I'm sure glad that Loose ID reissued this, I'd bee
Tracy
i have to give this a 4.5... i came across this on a goodreads lending page...the title interested me then i saw the cover and was intrigued immediately...i thought it would be like a spin off of the actual children's story of goldilocks and the three bears...some similarities but not too many...i've never really been a fan of threesomes or multiple partners but throw in that and the dom/sub storyline and it totally worked for me...Brian is a total spaz and my imagination was running wild with i ...more
Lacey

This was so cute, and I absolutely loved all the characters! I was worried about the dynamics of the menage relationship at first, but I like the way it all worked out. It also left me excited about reading the sequel because I really want to see the continued development of their relationship.

Edit: This is a review for the newer version from Loose-Id. I believe it's been re-edited and more stuff was added to it.
Veronica /  V
DNF

Bummer I though I was going to like this, as I love bears characters.
Brian to slutty for my taste.
Tam
Brian is new to LA and has found solace in one of the leather bars. One night he meets Paul, a big tattooed leather Daddy and they start up an exclusive relationship. Paul has roommates who are never home and things are going well, when Paul has to leave for several months for his job, and he never makes a commitment to Brian. He's hurt Paul left, but he meets Jim, a bit of a pot-head and they start a relationship, when Jim finally takes him home, holy hell, it's Paul's house. Then before long, ...more
Skye Blue
This was much better than I was expecting. Pretty hot too.
It had a lot of safety, condoms, safewords, protective, and making sure everyone was on the same page.
Failed on proper use of condoms. But that's okay. I'm not a stickler for safe sex in books (they are supposed to be fantasy)....just an observation when there was a big effort towards protection.

This was sweet, funny, and really had more story than I thought it would. And I think I'm officially over the word "Daddy". I didn't even cringe
Virginia
I wasn't at all sure about this book with its title and the nicknames in the blurb but I really liked it! Was a fun, playful, yet wonderfully naughty novella focusing on Brian and his meeting of 3 roommates of very different types of men. Brian eventually solidifies a relationship with Paul, a dominant in the making, because Paul is a natural submissive looking for his bear. The other guys become part of their relationship with Brian and Paul and each other and they become a family unit and lear ...more
Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books
OK it did get better even made me laugh! Just an ok read a whole lotta sex though, ooh wee baby!
Trix
Not sure what to say here. I feel pulled in different directions. This had some funny moments, some kinks, some references to childhood tales. It's a 2.5 stars because I read this expecting solely sexual pursuit, not.. whatever I actually found.

I didn't take this seriously. And about 3/4 into the book, it dawned on me that the characters weren't playing some elaborate game. They weren't enacting the famous story. They truly were random guys picked up off the street and who ended up in a strange
Joyfully Jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

So yep, this book is pretty much exactly what you may expect: cute twink with hot bears, lots of sex in a variety of combinations, and a clever wink at the Goldilocks fairy tale. It is definitely more heavy on the sex than on the plot, but I actually think Riley does a nice job pulling something together here that is more than just piles of sex.

First off, I loved the Goldilocks element here. It doesn’t go too far over the top fortunately, just a few nods here and th
Em
Very kinky, surprisingly sweet and exactly what I wanted!
❂ Endless
This is a smut-a-thon which generated mixed emotions...mainly 'cos the main character is a slut... But still it's written in such a way that one can't help but like it... I'm not a fan of main characters sleeping around but somehow i ended up not minding it in this one...
Emma Sea
Liked this better on re-read, but I'm not sure if that's a commentary on the lack of good BDSM books ATM. This depicts a polyamourous relationship between four men, with two primary couplings, based on very loving BDSM. Teensy plot, mostly smexin'. Enjoyable and sweet.
Ashley♥Alexis
I really wanted to hate this book because all it was,was sexing but it's just something about it that made it hard for me to put it down even though I glossed over most of the sexing. The story line was still great and I enjoyed the characters and dialogue.
Ryoma Gartre
Ayanna
Nice, light-ish read that has that bit of depth that makes it interesting. I like the way Riley played off the original Goldilocks story, even if it DOES get a little dumb-blond-y at times.
Camille
DNF @65%
It was good fun.
But I couldn't jive with the "I need a flogger to feel free" bit that cropped up so...
(But that's me...BDSM is largely a no go for me)
Goodreads Librari...: Merge author, book 3 22 Sep 19, 2011 08:50AM
  • Room at the Top (Room at the Top #1)
  • Bound To Please
  • Love Runes (Gods and Chaos, #2)
  • Fun With Dick and Shane (Memoirs of a Houseboy, #1)
  • Need You Tonight (Blue Ruin, #4)
  • Gemini
  • Soft Focus
  • At His Throat, A Promise
  • Under Contract
  • Be Brave (Angel and the Assassin, #2)
  • Sandpipers' Secrets (Sandpipers, #1)
  • The Hot Floor
  • Out Of Focus
  • Beyond the Edge (The James Lucas Trilogy, #1)
  • Nowhere Ranch
  • What We Deserve
  • Above the Dungeon (Dungeon #1)
A.M. Riley is a film editor and amateur poet living in Los Angeles, California. She writes murder mystery, romance and urban paranormal with GLBT characters. In addition to writing, Riley enjoys politics, police blogs and ice hockey.
More about A.M. Riley...
The Elegant Corpse Amor En Retrogrado (Bill Turner, #1) Immortality is the Suck (Adam & Peter, #1) No Rest for the Wicked (Adam & Peter, #2) A Man, a Jersey, and a Tight End (Goldilocks #2)