Start by marking “Moving Forward With Literature Circles: How to Plan, Manage, and Evaluate Literature Circles to Deepen Understanding and Foster a Love of Reading” as Want to Read:

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  5 reviews
There's no better way to deepen children's comprehension and appreciation of books than with literature circles. But let's face it, it's not always easy to plan, manage, and evaluate them—until now. Whether you're starting from scratch or just looking for new ideas, Moving Forward with Literature Circles provides all the tools you need—guidelines, minilessons, booklists, c ...more
Published February 1st 2002 by Theory and Practice

To ask other readers questions about Moving Forward With Literature Circles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moving Forward With Literature Circles

jacky
Nov 26, 2008 jacky marked it as to-read
Recommended to jacky by: scott grimshaw
Shelves: education
I have done lit circles a few times now, but would like to take them farther, especially since next year I will have a wider range of readers and thus might do lit circles more than once. I plan on reading Mini-lessons for Literature Circles before I read this one though since that book seems to be more about basics, and I already own that one.
Lauren
I would recommend this to elementary teachers, for sure. Not so much for middle/high school teachers. I also only gave it 2 stars because it only based its research and presentations on ONE classroom. And... it was the author's classroom. It was odd reading about it in the 3rd person, as Jeni the author talked about "Jeni's classroom."
Andrea
A good outline for doing literature circles. Comes with assessment ideas and rubrics and checklists you can photocopy. It even discusses ways to reach diverse learners during lit circles. I like that they used a real classroom to discuss their ideas, which made them all seem more legitimate.
Kristin
Good book but geared towards lower grades. I think I'll be able to take some of the information and tweak it for my students. However, I found a lot of the book discussed strategies and concepts I already did and/or knew.
Carmen
Very goo book for teachers who wants to start using literature circles in their pedagogy!!!! must have it!
Craig Beckett
Craig Beckett marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Dru
Dru added it
Jul 19, 2014
Mat
Mat marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2014
Nora Alarfaj
Nora Alarfaj marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2013
Sarah marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2013
LitProfSue
LitProfSue marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2013
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2013
Cami
Cami marked it as to-read
May 02, 2013
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2013
Sarah marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2012
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2012