Start by marking “Moving Forward With Literature Circles: How to Plan, Manage, and Evaluate Literature Circles to Deepen Understanding and Foster a Love of Reading” as Want to Read:

3.56  ·  Rating Details  ·  25 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
There's no better way to deepen children's comprehension and appreciation of books than with literature circles. But let's face it, it's not always easy to plan, manage, and evaluate them—until now. Whether you're starting from scratch or just looking for new ideas, Moving Forward with Literature Circles provides all the tools you need—guidelines, minilessons, booklists, c ...more
Published February 1st 2002 by Theory and Practice

To ask other readers questions about Moving Forward With Literature Circles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moving Forward With Literature Circles

jacky
Mar 10, 2016 jacky marked it as to-read-education
Recommended to jacky by: scott grimshaw
Shelves: education
I have done lit circles a few times now, but would like to take them farther, especially since next year I will have a wider range of readers and thus might do lit circles more than once. I plan on reading Mini-lessons for Literature Circles before I read this one though since that book seems to be more about basics, and I already own that one.
Lauren
Sep 08, 2013 Lauren rated it it was ok
Shelves: education
I would recommend this to elementary teachers, for sure. Not so much for middle/high school teachers. I also only gave it 2 stars because it only based its research and presentations on ONE classroom. And... it was the author's classroom. It was odd reading about it in the 3rd person, as Jeni the author talked about "Jeni's classroom."
Andrea
Nov 09, 2015 Andrea rated it really liked it
A good outline for doing literature circles. Comes with assessment ideas and rubrics and checklists you can photocopy. It even discusses ways to reach diverse learners during lit circles. I like that they used a real classroom to discuss their ideas, which made them all seem more legitimate.
Kristin
Apr 03, 2013 Kristin rated it liked it
Good book but geared towards lower grades. I think I'll be able to take some of the information and tweak it for my students. However, I found a lot of the book discussed strategies and concepts I already did and/or knew.
Carmen
Aug 03, 2010 Carmen rated it it was amazing
Very goo book for teachers who wants to start using literature circles in their pedagogy!!!! must have it!
Jsbella
Jsbella rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2016
Rhiannon
Rhiannon rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2016
Sally
Sally rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Stefanie Riepe
Stefanie Riepe rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2015
SueAnn Manthei
SueAnn Manthei rated it liked it
May 29, 2015
Katherine G
Katherine G rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2015
Kimberly Tyson
Kimberly Tyson rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2015
Kristin
Kristin rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2014
Beth Lawson
Beth Lawson rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2014
Craig Beckett
Craig Beckett marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Jen
Jen rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2014
Betty Morrell
Betty Morrell rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2014
Peggy
Peggy rated it really liked it
May 08, 2014
Debbie Parker
Debbie Parker rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2014
Michael&sam
Michael&sam rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2013
Nora Alarfaj
Nora Alarfaj marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2013
Sarah marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2013
LitProfSue
LitProfSue marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2013
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2013
Cami
Cami marked it as to-read
May 02, 2013
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2013