Werewolf Haiku

Werewolf Haiku

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  107 ratings  ·  28 reviews
"Dear haiku journal, I think I killed some people.That was no dog bite."

This journal contains the poetic musings of a mailman who, after being bitten by what he thinks is a dog, discovers that he is actually now a werewolf. Wreaking havoc wherever he goes, he details his new life and transformations in the 5-7-5 syllable structure of haiku--his poetry of choice.

Published September 2nd 2010 by How Books (first published August 10th 2010)

Eliza
There's more poop in this one.
Ryan
Mar 05, 2010 Ryan rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
i liked it.
Alicia
Don't eat before you read this book. And if you're not into horror or gore, don't bother picking it up at all. It's a funny horror novel, written in verse. Not scary, but fairly disgusting. But if you like that stuff, read on!
Andersreads
Who would think to write a book entirely in haiku in the first place? And then to make the main character a werewolf who was bitten by a rabid dog? This small book had me both marveling at the haiku, which were well written and felt like poetry, and laughing at the many of the poems. Here are a few: "The woman next door/with that huge mole on her neck/I think I ate it." Or, "When I walk past sticks/I now find myself thinking/'Sure love to chase that!'" And "People who eat fast/and call it 'wolfi...more
Schnaucl
It was okay but it wasn't as amusing or interesting as Zombie Haiku.
Amie Doughty
I really wanted to like this book. Certainly the concept is fun, and much of the book itself is decent, but the overuse of toilet humor and the over-the-top graphics took away from the book's potential.
Heather
Not quite as good as Vampire Haiku (same author), but a really good book nonetheless.
Lora
Got it for $2 at a Borders close out sale. Cute and only worth about what I paid.
Tracy
Really clever and gory
Marsha
Who doesn’t remember haikus, the fallback of every underpaid teacher as a way of presenting children to verse? You were introduced to them in the second or third grade and, for many of us, that’s where our lessons in poetry stopped (unless you decided to take English Lit[e] in High School).

Mr. Mecum clearly remembers those fledgling stabs at shoving culture down the throats of our young’uns in this, his third entry in creature feature poetry. The internal journey of a poor mailman bitten by a v...more
Ryk Stanton
I am a big fan of Mr. Mecum's "Zombie Haiku" but I was disappointed by this book. ZH is masterful: it has a storyline and real suspense, as well as great graphics. This one just feels sloppily put together. maybe I'm being unjust by comparing it to his earlier work, but I think I would feel the same way even if I had never read another one of his books. This one is just ... okay.

On the upside, I was able to borrow this book from Amazon for free because of my Prime membership.
Nesannce Coon
Totally disgusting--brace yourself before reading this book. Some lines are clever and others are revolting--the images on some pages were the worst. If pictures of clumps of wet, bloody hair or descriptions of hair make you sick, pass up this book and never look back.
Holly
It was funny and somewhat creepy. There were photos of puke, which was gross and it was really graphic in some areas, but all in all it was good, and the story was still easy to follow, even in haiku form, which isn't the case with some haiku books.
Caletha
cute, quick, fun read
Daniel Osborn
Let me start out by saying that this book is about a postman who thinks that he got bitten by a dog while delivering mail. Infact he was bitten by a werewolf. So he starts writing a journal. Not just any journal but a haiku journal about his experiences being a werewolf. Why I gave it a 3 is the quality of the pictures in this book and the design itself. I like the whole journal thing. Also some of the poems were quite funny when he talks about his transformation from a human to a werewolf.
Adult Services At Eckhart Public Library
Werewolves are, without a doubt, one of my favorite supernatural creatures. Seeing this book made my day when I first found it and now when I'm having a bad day even just thinking back to this book makes me smile. - Heather
Stefani
My least favorite of the four (so far) haiku books. There is a lot of talk about poop, vomit, and other bodily functions. This one felt scattered.
Blanca Lara
Such a cute and creative book. I think anyone that loves poetry or short formatted books will love this.
Renae
Jun 28, 2011 Renae rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Rachelle DeMunck
As edgy and deliciously gory as Zombie Haiku.

Mecum's razor-edged wit fits the genre perfectly.
Tami
Fun read, but I enjoyed his previous efforts (Zombie Haiku and Vampire Haiku) more. Still, fun.
Jane
Fun and inventive, but this one didn't have the humorous touch of the Zombie Haiku books.
Roy Hudson
Rather anticlimactic and not as good as Zombie Haiku or Vampire Haiku.
Amanda Beckwith
Pretty stupid compared to the Vampire Haiku. Can't wait to read Zombie Haiku.
3Jesper
I thought it was a great poem book.
M
Didn't love. Had a lot of potential.
Naomi
These books such fun reads.
Cara
So gross, and yet so funny.
Deb