Start by marking “Anonymity Jones” as Want to Read:
Anonymity Jones

Anonymity Jones

A humorous and clever look at the day-to-day travails of being a teenage girls a normal girl to do?
Published July 20th 2010 by Random House Australia

To ask other readers questions about Anonymity Jones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anonymity Jones

Kalliste
Dec 26, 2013 Kalliste rated it did not like it
May
Mar 13, 2012 May rated it really liked it

Wow, this book was amazing. The only unsatisfactory bit about the story that bumped it down to 4.5 was that the conclusion didn't feel complete in the sense that we knew exactly where she was heading after that in terms of life. Besides that, I thought the book was great. The author had recommended this to me personally while I was at a book fair and I had finally gotten down to reading this. I think the part about the book that was the most realistic to me was the characterisation. Jam
Heather
Jul 03, 2016 Heather rated it liked it
Whilst I didn't always like Anonymity Jones, the character, I did enjoy the book. Anonymity is a strong female character with a mostly realistic voice who will appeal to teenage girls, despite the fact that I found her irritating it times. Dealing with some confronting themes, this book is written with a nice blend of humour and honesty, although none of the adults are portrayed in a good way. The story deals with friendship, trust, relationships and family, however, I would only recommend it ...more
ISS Singapore
Once, in a street not very far from yours, there lived a girl called Anonymity Jones.

Anonymity's life is falling apart. Her father has left to have a mid-life crisis, her mother's new boyfriend is a definite worry, her Europe-bound sister has changed her name (just to make a point) and all her girl friends are now girlfriends, with boyfriends.

And then there's the art teacher.

Anonymity is losing control, and it's decision time. Does she hang on, get out, or get even?
Alison
Jan 18, 2013 Alison rated it really liked it
Great opening line, great plot lines converging, great title. I found James Roy very clever in title choice but her friends and family never actually spoke her name so Anonymity isn't actually the girl's name, it's her state of mind or being.
Samantha-Ellen Bound
Anonymity Jones is a good choice for those who want all the angst without the supernatural love affair.

Full review at:

Kyle Turpin
Nov 30, 2012 Kyle Turpin rated it did not like it
This is actually the worst book I have ever read in my entire life.
And I've read Twilight.
Simply awful; don't waste your time.
Sarah Johnston
Dec 29, 2015 Sarah Johnston rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
This read for teens covers some topical issues and handles them well.I found the ending a bit disappointing but nevertheless an good read.
Beth
Sep 16, 2015 Beth rated it did not like it
Amanda Curtin
Mar 26, 2010 Amanda Curtin rated it really liked it
I found Anonymity and her anarchic sister, Raven, smart, charming and original characters. Roy tackles some pretty serious issues in an understated way.
LauraW
May 28, 2010 LauraW rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
I like the writing style, but I am uncomfortable with the topic, so I skimmed the last part of the book. I wish I had more courage.
Isabeau
Isabeau rated it it was ok
Jul 06, 2013
Mrs Mac McKenzie
This was a quick and enjoyable read covering some pretty huge issues in a great voice.
Shantanu
Shantanu rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2012
Anna Ryan-Punch
Anna Ryan-Punch rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2010
Benna
Benna rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2012
Aimee Said
Aimee Said rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2010
Danielle
Danielle rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2011
Pat
Pat rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2014
Shruti
Shruti rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2012
Trisha
Aug 05, 2011 Trisha added it
I need to talk to someone about Sam.
Clodagh
Clodagh rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2011
Ashe
Ashe rated it liked it
Oct 14, 2010
Fay
Fay rated it it was ok
Jan 14, 2014
Christine Bongers
Christine Bongers rated it really liked it
May 13, 2011
Tye Cattanach
Tye Cattanach rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2010
Kristen
Kristen rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2011
Miffy
Miffy rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2013
Joshua Cram
Joshua Cram rated it liked it
May 19, 2016
Catherine
Catherine rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2010