Start by marking “Tuhannen planeetan valtakunta (Avaruusagentti Valerianin seikkailuja, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tuhannen planeetan valtakunta (Avaruusagentti Valerianin seikkailuja, #2)

Tuhannen planeetan valtakunta (Valérian #2)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  174 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Erään kaukaisen galaksin suuressa aurinkokunnassa on suuremmoinen Syrte, Tuhannan planeetan valtakunnan keskus. Syrtellä ei ole koskaan keksitty aikamatkustamisen taitoa ja vasta nyt Maa on ensimmäistä kertaa ottamassa yhteyttä. Kehitys on kuitenkin Syrtellä pysähtynyt ja ennen niin loistelias pääkaupunki on rappeutumassa, sillä tiede on korvattu uskonnolla, jonka salaperä ...more
Published 1994 by Kustannus Oy Jalava (first published 1971)

To ask other readers questions about Tuhannen planeetan valtakunta, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tuhannen planeetan valtakunta

Despite the title, this book is more like planetary romance than space opera. Time travel capability on protagonist's ship is just a gimmick. I still don't understand the limitation of the time travel ships of Space-Time Agency, and if the limitation has been explained, maybe I missed them (maybe it is explained in another book of the series).

The one strong point of this book is the planetary romance theme through the adventure plot. Oh boy, how I spent hours of my life just watching the art of
Elijah Spector
First of all, everyone can stop giving their fiction titles that they think will appeal to me, because someone already released a comic called The Empire of a Thousand Planets and it doesn't get much better than that. For me.

Now, truth be told, I just read The Empire of a Thousand Planets, but I don't remember it well enough to get real in-depth here. This is because I read it in a night, really in about an hour, while my fiancée played Quantum Conundrum . I was still plugging away at Defeat
This is my second encounter with Pierre Christin and Jean-Claude Mézières' two time-space agents from Galaxity, capital of the Terran Empire in the 28th century, and the album is also the second album in the series about Valerian and Laureline (here published by excellent UK euro-comics publisher Cinebook).

Whereas the first album set up the time travelling parameters of this fictional universe, this second outing instead delves into outer space, as our heroes travel to the Empire of a Thousand P
I have now read few Valerian books, I've enjoyed all of them more or less. This is so far the best: it has interesting story overall, it looks amazing, it has memorable characters, it's full of imagination, it's playful and it's not as clumsy as previous ones I've read. I would give this 3,5 if I could but goodreads system doesn't allow it. 4 stars would still be too much even I liked it very much. I wish I would have found this as a child.
Markku Kesti
Avaruusagentti Valerianin ja Laurelinen seikkailut ympäri galakseja ja aikaa ovat humaaneja, ihmisarvoa ja kaikenlaista tasa-arvoa puolustava, visuaalisesti tyrmäävä taribakokonaisuus. Lisäksi sarja sisältää poikkeuksellusen hienoja tarinan kuljetuksia, kuvakulmia ja kaikkea tätä jo puolen vuosisadan ajalta. Lähes kaikki hyvät sf leffat ovat benchmarkanneetValerianin. Ehkä olisi sinunkin jo aika?
Tom Loock
Hat mir beim ersten Mal lesen besser gefallen, aber wenn man sieht, daß es vor über 40 Jahren entstanden ist, hat es den vierten Stern doch verdient. Im Vergleich zu heutigen SF-Comics ist die Story natürlich recht simpel.
Frans Karlsson
The heroes travel to a distant area of space to discover if there is a threat against earth and find themselves swept up in a battle against the evil masked men.
This is a great read. Its fun, engaging and has great characters.
Chris Smith
Excellent, as always. This is some real quality high adventure-Space Opera stuff. The most intriguing thing about Valerian and Laureline to me is the blatant similarities to Star Wars. Especially in this volume... some of the panels are identical to scenes... curious... very curious. Overall though, this was my favorite volume that I've read. The art is top notch, and the story (though wacky) is great.
To my great surprise this series is being re-released in English! Buying them and re-reading them as they are coming along. They are as awesome as ever! :-)
C'est le livre qui m'a donné le goût de la science fiction quand j'étais petite.
Leonardo Etcheto
Great empire in decline book. Agaom very old school but fun read.
Mar 05, 2010 Timo rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: comics
Golden times of Valerian.
agata marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2015
YANIRA marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2015
Nuno Marques
Nuno Marques marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2015
Léone added it
Sep 13, 2015
  • Trio de l'étrange (Yoko Tsuno, #1)
  • Les Voleurs du Marsupilami (Spirou et Fantasio, #5)
  • Scars (Orbital #1)
  • Corto, toujours un peu plus loin (Corto Maltese # 4)
  • XIII - Volume 1: The Day of the Black Sun
  • S.O.S. Météores (Blake et Mortimer, #8)
  • Wake: Gearing Up (Sillage, #3)
  • La foire aux immortels (Nikopol, #1)
  • La conque de Ramor (La Quête de l'oiseau du temps, #1)

Valérian (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • The City of Shifting Waters (Valérian #1)
  • Le Pays sans étoile (Valérian, #3)
  • Bienvenue sur Alflolol (Valérian, #4)
  • Les Oiseaux du maître (Valérian, #5)
  • L'Ambassadeur des ombres (Valérian, #6)
  • Sur les terres truquées (Valérian, #7)
  • Les Héros De L'équinoxe (Valérian, #8)
  • Métro Châtelet, Direction Cassiopée (Valérian #9)
  • Brooklyn Station Terminus Cosmos (Valérian, Agent Spatio Temporel, #10)
  • Les Spectres d'Inverloch (Valérian, #11)