Start by marking “Power in the Blood” as Want to Read:
Power in the Blood

Power in the Blood (John Jordan Mystery #1)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  8 reviews
When John Jordan gives up being a cop to become the chaplain in Florida's toughest prison, he discovers that in the closed society of captives and captors, no action goes unseen and no one takes kindly to a cop in a collar.
Published June 1st 2006 by Pottersville Press (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Power in the Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Power in the Blood

Jen
John Jordan is a former cop and the present Potter Correctional Institute chaplain who witnesses first hand the gruesome death of inmate Ike Johnson. When the superintendent asks Jordan to help investigate the death, Jordan discovers not only a network of crime and corruption taking place within the walls of PCI, but also the crime and corruption that is spilling out in the county. With the assistance of his friends Merrill and Anna, Jordan sets out to uncover the truth behind it all.

POWER IN T
Michael
Michael Lister is a chaplain with the Florida Dept. of Corrections. He spins a didquieting story about corruption, sexual activity, drug dealing and violence inside a Florida prison.

John Jordan was a former cop who had a calling to the ministry. He's assigned as chaplain at Porter Correctional facility.

In the opening scene, Jordan witnesses a prisoner being killed. It appears that the prisoner was hiding in a garbage bag, attempting to escape.

Superintendent Edward Stone considers Jordan's law ba
Selina Shapland
Power in the Blood is the first book in the John Jordan Mystery series by Michael Lister.

I came across Michael Lister one day when I was watching him being interviewed by Thriller Author, J.F. Penn, on her The Creative Penn YouTube Channel.

I was incredibly intrigued to hear that Michael Lister had been a chaplain of a prison in Florida and that his John Jordan mystery series were born out of this experience. He is now a full-time author and draws on his experiences during that time to create a
Shirley Henning
Loved it.

I didn't want to put this book down. For me this author is up there with Patterson, Stuart Woods, Coben, etc. This was not your usual "run of the mill" mystery----it had different content and no lengthy details that were not relevant to the story. The story and the characters were so interesting and the author has the gift of making you feel a part of their lives. I can't wait to read the next book, Blood of the Lamb.
Brenda K. Hodge
Good book

This is another book I could not put down until finished. I truly like the writing of this author and look forward to reading another of his books--this is my second.
Coki
Really I would give it like 3.5 stars. Parts of it were strong (the prison stuff and the main character) and parts of it that were just weird (the font changed about 3 times in the course of the book). Maybe this first one was self-published? But there are like 5 in this series? That is a mystery unto itself. While it is definitely NOT a "clean" read, I would recommend it to people wanting Christian fiction in that faith is a very important part of the main character and it is handled in a non-a ...more
Glenda
a bit too gritty and graphic for me..but good if you don't mind that
Dorothy
Enjoyable

I like this series. Don't really know if t this stuff really happens in jail but it sounds convincing. Good Read.
Fretta Inman
Fretta Inman marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Kathy LeJeune
Kathy LeJeune marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Robbie
Robbie added it
Dec 22, 2014
nancy corley
nancy corley marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Mary Russell
Mary Russell is currently reading it
Dec 04, 2014
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Gaynelle
Gaynelle marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Sonya L Moore
Sonya L Moore marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Phyllis
Phyllis marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Tyler
Tyler marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Kendall
Kendall marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
John Bowman
John Bowman marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Mina Shewmake
Mina Shewmake marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Kim Wright
Kim Wright marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Double Exposure Blood Sacrifice (John Jordan Mystery #5) The Big Goodbye Burnt Offerings Blood of the Lamb