Start by marking “Spirit to Serve Marriots Way” as Want to Read:
Spirit to Serve Marriots Way

Spirit to Serve Marriots Way

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  93 ratings  ·  10 reviews
In the bestselling tradition of The HP Way, The Spirit to Serve describes how one of the most successful hoteliers of the twentieth century built Marriott International from a respectable $50-million-a-year enterprise into the mammoth $9-billion multinational giant of today.

Told in the words of J. W. Marriott, Jr., The Spirit to Serve distills years of hard-earned wisdom a
Published January 1st 1997 by Harpercollins Publisher

To ask other readers questions about Spirit to Serve Marriots Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spirit to Serve Marriots Way

Nephi
Interesting review of the Marriott Corporation's history and rise to power. I would have liked to hear more stories of how it got started - lots of info on how Mr. Marriott believes they succeeded - things like treating employees like customers, standard work, customer focus, listening, etc.
Danny
This is a great business book and really explains how one man's philosophy transformed a company into a hospitality empire. "Take care of your employees, and they will in turn take care of the customers." It's no wonder I have worked for the company for 6 1/2 years.
Matt Dicker
Why did I read this? I was staying in a Marriott hotel in Scottsdale, Arizona, finished the only book I had with me, and had nothing else to read but the complimentary copy left in the room.
Melissa
I found this book in a box of old stuff, so I read it. If you own a hotel...or maybe even another business...this book might interest you. I don't. It didn't.
Lisa
One of the easier to read books about business. I enjoyed the little known facts about the Marriott business and the life lessons Mr. Marriott includes throughout.
Darrell
Read bits and pieces of this book. Basically tells Marriott's philosophy into running his business.
Erin
Did you all know that this book is sitting atop the Book of Mormon in many Marriott rooms?
Hut Coats
Good book. Basic stuff but nice to read the Marriott story and set it in action.
Wilson Luong
This book makes me want to be a Marriott
Ram Gopal
Ram Gopal marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Hernold
Hernold marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Soe Ye
Soe Ye marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Jan 18, 2015
Joseph
Joseph added it
Dec 07, 2014
Laura is currently reading it
Nov 18, 2014
Sara Osman
Sara Osman marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
David Arévalo
David Arévalo marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
André Bueno
André Bueno marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Think Big, Act Small: How America's Most Profitable Companies Keep the Start-up Spirit Alive
  • The Power Principle: Influence With Honor
  • Nuts!
  • The 100 Absolutely Unbreakable Laws of Business Succes
  • The Inner Game of Work: Focus, Learning, Pleasure, and Mobility in the Workplace
  • Customer Satisfaction Is Worthless Customer Loyalty Is Priceless
  • Zapp! The Lightning of Empowerment: How to Improve Quality, Productivity, and Employee Satisfaction
  • Direct from Dell
  • How to Work a Room, 25th Anniversary Edition: The Ultimate Guide to Making Lasting Connections--In Person and Online
  • Line by Line: How to Edit Your Own Writing
  • Co-Opetition
  • Smart Trust: How People, Companies, and Countries Are Prospering from High Trust in a Low Trust World
  • One Minute Sales Person, The: The Quickest Way to Sell People on Yourself, Your Services, Products, or Ideas--at Work and in Life
  • Be My Guest
  • The HP Way: How Bill Hewlett And I Built Our Company
  • The Art of Speed Reading People: How to Size People Up and Speak Their Language
  • Martha Inc.: The Incredible Story of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia
  • American Heroes: Profiles of Men and Women Who Shaped Early America
Niccolo Machiavelli's The Prince on The Art of Power: The New Illustrated Edition of the Renaissance Masterpiece on Leadership (The Art of Wisdom) Short Stories of To-Day One-Act Plays of To-day Second Series Selected One-Act Plays of To-Day Modern drama