Start by marking “Wishing for a Home (Home, #3)” as Want to Read:
Wishing for a Home (Home, #3)

Wishing for a Home (Home #3)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  893 ratings  ·  47 reviews
Derek St. Martin is Nashville’s hottest country singer. For eight years, fame and fortune have come his way, but he’s not happy. In fact, he’s on the edge of a nervous breakdown or checking into a drug rehab center. Hiding his sexual preferences is driving him to resort to numbing the pain. When his step-brother suggests he should go on vacation, Derek jumps at the chance ...more
Published April 12th 2010 by Liquid Silver Books (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Wishing for a Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wishing for a Home

Nic
This is the third book in the series and continues to build on the themes established in the previous books. Most of the setting is on a ranch in Wyoming and the characters from previous books make small appearances. I got a laugh from Derek's line "Is everyone around here either gay or fucked up?" Luckily they are or the series would be very short!

Derek St Martin is a country music singer at the top of his career but burning out. Hiding his sexuality, resorting to pills and booze, he is on the
Betryal
This story is more low key and a very relaxing story. No heavy drama and great if you're looking for a light read and having the characters from the other books make their appearance in this one is brilliant and and adds a bite to it.
Thomaidha Papa
3.5~4 Hearts

Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

Reader Advisory: This book is best read in a sequence as part of a serie.

Reader Advisory: This book was previously released at another publisher. It has been revised and re-edited for release by Total-E-Bound.

Now this was a lovely story, almost gentle and quite sweet. After a heavy dose of intense and heavy books that required all my concentration this one was almost relaxing.

Derek is a very famous Country
Crissy Morris

Originally reviewed for Joyfully Jay

Country music star, Derek St. Martin has to get away. On the verge of a breakdown, taking more pills than he can keep straight, and drinking from the moment he wakes up till he falls asleep, Derek needs some peace and quiet. When his stepbrother finds a place for him to stay in the Wyoming country, Derek reluctantly agrees. The plan was to relax, detox, and start writing music again. What he didn’t expect was the sexy foreman on the RM Ranch.

Max Furlo
Lily Pilly
This is my first famous person romance and discovered that I really am not into these famous individuals and their love affairs .... I found this story lacking in intensity and something that would touch my very core...so in my opinion, the synopsis was a bit misleading.
Shannon
Meh. That's it, my whole review. The story was okay, the sex was okay, the relationship was okay. Nothing that stood out or made me wish the book was longer. Broken country singer, lonely cowboy....they fall in love and live happily ever after. Done.
EllieNY
Tam
Jun 09, 2010 Tam rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
3.5

Derek is a famous country singer whose life sucks. He's taking tons of pills and alcohol to function and his health is not great. Following his tour his doctors say 3 months minimum so his step-brother Edward arranges it so he can go to Tony and Brody's ranch in Wyoming. (Those of the Home of his Own and No Going Home). They are going to be out of town but Max the foreman is tasked with watching over him. He's not thrilled but they are both attracted and eventually give in even though Max kno
Lauraadriana
I really liked this book...it's the third book in T.A. Chase's Home series. It's the story of Derek and Max.

Derek St. Martin is a huge country star who must remain in the closet to maintain his public image...living a lie has taken its toll, he has a drinking and prescription drugs habit that is getting out off hand...to recover he goes to Wyoming to Tony and Brody's(from book #2) ranch to get some peace. He meets the foreman Max Furlo an Aussie who immediately falls for Derek and they start a s
Angelus
It was a pleasurable read for me that I didn't want to put it down and do other things. I loved the dynamics(if you can call it that) of Max and Derek. What I write next may be considered spoilers for some, so read with caution.

Derek St. Martin is a famous country singer who's deeply in the closet as directed by his manager. For 8 years he hasn't been with a man and has spiraled down to drug and alcohol abuse. After his doctor recommends him to a 3 month vacation, his step brother arranges for h
Trisha Harrington
Again not as good as the first book. I wanted to love this one, normally I love a crossover of my two of my favourite types. This did not do as much for me as it could have. It was sweet enough and it was an enjoyable read, just not what it could have been. I do think this series is great though and I will continue to read the books.

Derek and Max... This couple bugged me to the point of no return. They were amazing together and yet, they broke up... Well, I suppose they didn't technically break
Shelby
Hmmmm I do love me some hot country singers. Derek St. Martin may just be the perfect dream man. Growing up on a ranch I would have loved for him to come sweep me off my feet. Ok, so his being straight would have helped, but you get my point. Max, the oh so strong and silent type, yummy.

Derek St. Martin is the king of country music, but he's spiraling out of control. He can't handle the life and is living off of booze and pills to get through the last bit of his tour. When doctors orders put hi
Nikki ~The Critic~
I could sing you a song.
I could think of a rhyme.
If things had been different.
If I could go back in time.
I'd never start drinking.
I'd never sell my soul.
I'd never treat you like a secret.
I'd be proud of my role.
If I was your lover.
If I was your friend.
If I...If I...
The End

by Nikki

2 1/2 Stars

I liked the beginning. No real conflict. Well, maybe a little conflict, but nothing that wasn't insurmountable. Max drew Derek's personality out, however Max seemed to let Derek go with reasonable, but ver
Karen K
I love this series and I'm sorry to see it end. T.A. introduced a great new couple who were as different as any men could be, but at the same time so well matched. Derek came from a public world, people always around scrutinizing his every move, a world where he couldn't be who he really was, forced to go as far as sleeping with women to stave his loneliness and desire. Max was a quiet, solitary man, happy to be living and working where he was, but when Derek appears to stay for a while, the spa ...more
Tracy
I was going to say this is my favourite book of the series but I think I a just more comfortable with all the characters. This was another page turner with a really good storyline. I love how the story flows through every book even though we are introduced to a couple more characters! This is a series I am really enjoying!
Highly recommend!
Wendy Ann
Nice and comfortable – more along the lines of a 3.5 rating.

I’m reading this series a little out of order, but each of the books seems to stand pretty well on its own. It’s nice revisiting “old” characters and having them woven into each successive book. Derek and Max are great guys. They are opposites in many ways, but make perfect harmony together. There was nothing particularly angsty about their relationship until close to the end of the book and even that worked out without a lot of drama.
ElaineY
Apr 16, 2010 ElaineY rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: mm
This 3rd 'Home' installment didn't do it for me. I didn't do that well with the previous two either so looks like I'll stick to the author's Tabloid Star series which I do like.

WGaH seemed to just flow on with nothing much going on and I need a little more kick to my stories than just a young man going to a ranch to recuperate and that's all the book is about. Very uneventful. I flipped through the pages, knowing I wasn't missing anything crucial. I expected some fireworks between Derek and Max
Lauren
I was pleasantly surprised by Wishing for a Home. I've had it on my Kindle for about a year and just never got around to reading it - something kept putting me off. I honestly wish I'd read it sooner, because I thoroughly enjoyed it. There were a few grammatical errors which was a shame, but overall the story and character development was sound and engaging. I loved both Max and Derek, and was rooting for their HEA the whole way through.

I hadn't realised until after I read this that it is actual
Danni
This was definitely my favourite book in the Home series.
When I read the first book in the series I wasn´t so sure I liked it, but I read the second book anyway and then I was hooked.

I really liked Max and Derek and the interaction between them. I wish I had gotten to know Max a little more, because even though he had a tough youth he seems so nice and caring. A side of him that is probably enhanced when Derek is in the picture. Even though I definitely would like more of Max and Derek the boo
Lee
Of the three books in the Home series Wishing for a Home is my favorite...so far. That may be because each of the books build on the prior one, but still tell the story of a new love relationship. Max and Derek, the two love interests in this story, fit together perfectly. Like two pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. Mr. Chase does an excellent job of creating a world where they can find each other and fall in love. I was sad to put the book down and I've read elsewhere that Mr. Chase isn't continuing th ...more
Ladypessi
The story was really good and I enjoyed reading it. The way the main characters'realitionship developed was natural and sweet. When some trouble arose and they had their disagreements, it was easy to see where they both were coming from.

I have to say that, to keep up with this book and the realitionships in it, you have to read the one before this one. All books tell their own story, but the stories are all little mixed up with each other. And that is only good thing.

I recommend this book to any
Brenda (b)
This was a wonderful story. Of course, I was thrilled that I got to see everyone from the first two books. Derek and Max both made brief -and separate- appearances in Home of His Own . These guys felt real to me and I really wanted to see them be able to work out their situation and be together. I loved that they didn't just dive into sex, but took time to get to know a little bit about each other and become comfortable together first.
Marinieves Cordero
This is the third book of the series. This is a great story .. Liked the way the same develops and how Derek finally decides to confront his life and take time to overcome what entails to be a country star. Max is quiet and he is Tony and Brody's ranch foreman. When Derek's brother suggest he goes to Wyoming , Max meets Derek. They connect and after is time for Derek to go back , Max refuses to live under the shadow of hiding. After time apart Derek decides to make changes and be himself. Love i ...more
Xondra Day
DNF @ 100 pages.
Sadonna
Addicted2M/M
I enjoyed it, but it wasn't as emotionally engaging to me as the first two. I liked the MC's, but felt more distant from their story, almost literally like I was watching it unfolding from farther away. I also enjoyed the little tidbits about the characters from earlier in the series. Side-note: while generally well proofed, there were a few spots where sentences had extra words/missing words/words out of order. It broke my concentration at times.
Amy
This one was another hit for me as were the others. After reading all three of these books, I have decided I want another book and for it to be about Juan and Yancey. I have loved all three of these couples but if any two people deserve a book all to themselves it would be Juan and Yancey. I would love to see there relationship from the very beginning.
A.E.
I am so in love with this series, and this one was just as sexy and exciting as the others. I love him giving us a glimpse of what's going on with the other characters in the first couple of books too. The story kept you rivited from the first few pages, and I read it all in three days. Hope there is another one very soon.
Rachel
I love, love, love this series...one of my favorite cowboy series, and I'm so glad she's continuing it with new stories! Les and Randy will always be my favorites, but Derek and Max were great too. I really love the journey that Derek especially goes on from the beginning to end of this story.
  • A Troubled Range (Range, #2)
  • Morning Report (Morning Report, #1)
  • Natural Disaster (Bareback, #2)
  • After the Sunset (Timing, #2)
  • The Broken H (Ranch Series, #2)
  • Texas Winter (Texas, #2)
  • Long Tall Drink
  • Cowboy Keeper (Blaecleah Brothers, #2)
  • Unbreak My Heart (Unbreak My Heart, #1)
  • Clouds and Rain (Clouds and Rain #1)
  • Red Skies
  • Inherit the Sky (Lang Downs, #1)
  • ReneCade (Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana, #3)
  • A Little Bit Country
  • Bad Boy Cowboy (Cattle Valley, #7)
There is beauty in every kind of love, so why not live a life without boundaries? Experiencing everything the world offers fascinates me and writing about the things that make each of us unique is how I share those insights. I live in the Midwest with a wonderful partner of thirteen years. When not writing, I’m watching movies, reading and living life to the fullest.
More about T.A. Chase...

Home (6 books)
  • No Going Home (Home, #1)
  • Home of His Own (Home, #2)
  • Where His Home Lies (Home, #2.1)
  • Leaving Home (Home, #4)
  • Home Sweet Home (Home #5)
No Going Home (Home, #1) Home of His Own (Home, #2) Out of Bounds (Love of Sports, #1) Tabloid Star (Tabloid Star, #1) Bound by Love (Bound, #1)

“Is everyone around here either gay or fucked up?” 2 likes