Start by marking “Hide Out (Private Dicks, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hide Out (Private Dicks, #2)

Hide Out (Private Dicks #2)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  728 ratings  ·  64 reviews
When Officer Peter Giordano is assigned to keep Trevor Haas safe until he can testify against his murderous father, he expects the hardest part of his job will be keeping his hands off the gorgeous witness. The two men hide out in the small, sleepy town of Honeysuckle, fixing up their dilapidated safe house by day...exploring each other's bodies by night.

Their small-town n...more
Published March 12th 2010 by Ellora's Cave (first published March 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Hide Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hide Out

Cut & Run by Abigail RouxSticks & Stones by Abigail RouxFish & Chips by Abigail RouxFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsDivide & Conquer by Abigail Roux
Best Gay Cops/ Security Guards/P.I.'s
93rd out of 559 books — 848 voters
Cut & Run by Abigail RouxZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleHot Head by Damon SuedeFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsPromises by Marie Sexton
Favorite Gay Couples
200th out of 1,726 books — 2,210 voters

More lists with this book...

julio
Jul 02, 2014 julio rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to julio by: MostlyDelores
Shelves: dnf
oh, good.

pouty, ragey, inarticulate goombas play house in a heartwarmingly welcoming little town and discover that stuttering and sulking are the keys to a heteronormative happily-ever-after.

be still my withered heart.
DarienMoya
^^HIDING OUT, STAYING IN!^^

3.5

COVER- I really like this one. Love the low-slung jeans and the dangerous air created by the gun, and in the distance, you see the other half-naked man it creates a serious sexy scene. Plus the body on that man is just the right kind of lean, one of the covers in this genre that is not recycled. Oh! how I would love to be a board in that house.

I must say I really liked this book, the whole cop protects witness and they end up in a sexy relationship. Though there we...more
~~Still Dani ♥ skulls, ♂♂ smut & semi-colons~~
Easy, steamy; love the cover. Did not love the neighborhood mystery plot or the nearly anticlimactic resolution to Trevor being a witness in danger. I liked the MCs together, although they both acted rather immature (especially Trev who was like a petulant teenager at times). Solid HEA that could have been more believable if the guys had known each other longer.
Ami
Trevor Hass (first appeared in Katie Allen's Private Dicks -- he was a bouncer there, who helped Rhodes and Wash with their investigation) is a key witness for his father's murder trial. Since his life is threatened, officer Peter Giordano is assigned to be his guardian. The two then heads to Honeysuckle, a sleepy town where Peter just recently purchased a house, and going undercover as gay couple. When they realize their attraction to one another, their make believe relationship becomes a bit m...more
Chris
4.5 stars. This excellent m/m romantic suspense is about a cop who's guarding one of the characters from Private Dicks for seven months until he can testify in a trial. Really, why aren't there more witness protection books that include remodeling the safe house? :) Highly recommended. (Oh, and you really need to read Private Dicks first to get the most out of this book! I promise, it won't be a hardship.) (Just finished reading this for the third time - still great.)
Lily
Jul 23, 2010 Lily rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Lily by: lilygcs@comcast.net
Pete & Trevor are super hot and their moments of tenderness really made me fall for them. Fun and fast paced with likable characters this was a very entertaining read. The mystery element is nicely done, there's action and humor throughout. The added bonus of having Wash and Rhodes from Private Dicks join their friends worked well. Overall a wonderful sexy and well written story which I really enjoyed.
Heller
Such a fun read. This was just such a great series. In this book we get the story of Trevor, the bouncer from Private Dicks. He's going to testify against his father and needs protection until the trial. He gets paired with a cop, Peter.

Peter owns a rundown house in a small town called Honeysuckle so he takes Trevor there, they change his name to Joey and they pose as lovers getting away from the city grind and flipping the house for sell.

This is different from Private Dicks in that there's les...more
SheReadsALot
A very good continuation of the "Private Dicks" series. Romance, with a little angst and suspense thrown in. Sometimes it got a little cheesy but the 'fall-in-love' part for Pete and Trevor, that was good. I am happy Trevor finally got his man. Great story with a nice HEA.
Kaetrin
3.5 stars.

Why I read it: After the success of Private Dicks and seeing that many of my Goodreads friends loved the follow up book too, I bought this one as well. Damn ARe sales...

What it's about: (from Goodreads) When Officer Peter Giordano is assigned to keep Trevor Haas safe until he can testify against his murderous father, he expects the hardest part of his job will be keeping his hands off the gorgeous witness. The two men hide out in the small, sleepy town of Honeysuckle, fixing up their...more
ElaineY
My first Katie Allen was a bit of a disaster. It was an M/M/F and bad enough to have girl cooties, the little critters were TSTL. Private Dicks, my next title by the author, didn't impress me either though I thought the two guys had a lot of potential. So I was a little unsure what I'd get with Hide Out which has the couple from PD making a major appearance

I needn't have worried. Hide Out is rather good. Both Pete and Trevor are likable though I thought Pete's uncertainty, towards the end, about...more
MandyM
Sequels don't often live up to their predecessors but this is one of the exceptions to the rule. Hide Out is even better than Private Dicks. The plot and writing are even tighter. The romance is hot and the visit of the two main characters from the previous book only enhances the story. I really enjoyed this book.
Chrys
Warning! Spicy hot cops!
spicy hot

A mix between CSI, Desperate Housewives, Clue, and a Chippendale's show....what's not to like? :)

Kade Boehme
I loved this and was soooo happy to get Trevor's story. Pete and his flustered stutter were just the best. And lord have mercy the smexing was hawwwt! *fans self* I think I may have like this better than the first.

But.

I totally wanted to give this 5 stars but I had two ... well, niggle is too nice a word. Let's just say they were things that annoyed the piss out of me.

1) Rhodie and Wash. While I LOVE them and it was soooo much fun to see them again, i felt fucking SMOTHERED by them by the end. T...more
Cindi
This was an easy five stars for me. I totally loved it. I thought Trevor was absolutely adorable in "Private Dicks" and he was even better in this one. Actually, this book is the only reason I read the first book in the series. After seeing the description I couldn't wait to read it. Luckily I liked Private Dicks too.

I'm not going to go into a long, drawn out review about what the book is about. The description and other reviewers have already done that. I loved watching Pete and Trevor as their...more
Susan65-Coug
I was happy to see Trevor get his HEA after he was shafted in the first book. Trevor and pete were super hot together and at times, quite comical. I love seeing Wash and Rhodie again...glad they play such a big role in this book. This story was a mix of romance and mystery with a twist of humor. At times you forgot that Trevor was hiding from his father...but then it surprises you when he pops back up again. Great read with very little angst. Recommend for everyone.
Deanna
This one was a hit with me! All of the elements that I loved about Private Dicks were here in spades. The hilariously funny conversations, well rounded characters and interesting but not over the top or drawn out mystery. There was even a Red Green reference - I just about fell off my chair when I read that. Okay Katie, when is the next book coming out???
Shannon
Oct 15, 2013 Shannon rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Shannon by: SueM
Shelves: gbc-finished
Holy cow. Can you say hot smexing? There was a crime element to this story but it played a very distant back seat to the romancing and sexing. This one lands on the sweeter side but not too sappy.
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
This was a very enjoyable read from beginning to end. I'm looking forward to going back and reading Rhodie and Wash's story.
Book Utopia
While I enjoyed the book preceding this one, I wasn’t so bowled over that I had to jump out and read the next. That’s why this has languished on my TBR pile for over a year. In the end, while I probably enjoyed it about the same, I did so for different reasons.

Pete is a cop not really comfortable with his sexuality. He’s never had a relationship, only hook-ups, and he’s recently been getting a little more flack at work. His captain offers him the chance to babysit a witness to a murder trial, th...more
Tonileg
Contemporary M/M romance where a man has to hide out in a witness protection scenario with a sexy policeman for protection for seven months in a crazy small town environment.
Officer Peter Giordano is not feeling comfortable at the Police station because of his gay sexual orientation so when the opportunity comes for him to get months of paid leave to protect the witness, Trevor Haas, Pete takes it without thinking about it too much. So the two men go to the tiny town of Honeysuckle, to pose as g...more
DaisyGirl
3.5 Stars

So I liked this one better than book 1. Probably because I liked the characters better. I was ecstatic Trevor got his HEA. He deserved it after being dicked around by Wash and Rhodes. The story got fairly sappy at times but I persevered and have no regrets.

Bottom line: I <3 Trevor.
Tamkin
As I liked the character of Trevor in "Private Dicks", I was looking forward to reading his story.

But while I was reading "Hide Out", unfortunately I could not get over the feeling of having read the storyline and character development or a close variation of it before. I caught myself skipping large parts - first the shilly-shallying of "does he know I am gay, is he gay himself, how will react if he finds out I am gay" by both characters that to me felt drawn-out and later on I skipped most of...more
Lala
3.5 stars.

This series is so much fun! Shallow plot and not much of a suspense/mystery, sure...but talk about sexy! Hot guys, going at it like rabbits..yum!

Loved the Wash bits! And the super-hot scene with the two couples in one room!
 photo Fans-self-gif-glee_fans_self_fansself_fanself_zps778466cf.gif
S.
If you liked Private dicks, you're going to LOVE Hide Out. Trevor and Pete - omg, these two are just so freakin cute and sexy and loveable - sigh!!

The plot was excellent and I adored the residents of Honeysuckle. It was fabulous seeing Wash and Rhodie again. But my heart most definitely belongs to Trevor and Pete - for now and always. I wish there were more stories with them in it because I would buy and read them like a shot.

Awesome read!
Alina
This book is very different, imo, from Private Dicks, but no less awesome, although I have to say I still prefer the raw intensity of Rhodes' and Wash's relationship. But I love this somehow more quiet and steady relationship between Trevor and Pete too.
Their insecurity about 'is he gay', 'what'd he think of me' and so on in the beginning seemed a little drawn out to me, but it worked out good, so I'm not complaining :)
Addicted2M/M
4.5 A really fun read. Love Pete & Trev, especially Pete. A bit more intense than Private Dicks, with a crazy cast of characters (including Wash & Rhodes from book 1) in Honeysuckle-which isn't quite the sleepy little town Trevor fears it is. I'm hoping for a sequel featuring Officer Hotness. :)
Shelby P
This was lighthearted fluff. I definitely enjoyed Private Dicks more. It had more of a plot than this one. The set up of this book was pretty much so that Pete and Trevor could have sex over 7 months. The fact that Trevor was running from his Dad was secondary. I did enjoy the story. The quirky townspeople of Honeysuckle were interesting enough. I really liked Danny, the weird teenage kid. Overall a fluff read.
Cara McKenna
Wonderful! I read Private Dicks first and this follow-up delivered everything Allen promised in the earlier book. She writes fabulous male POV, with believable dialogue and characters motivation and vulnerability. Add a ton of well-paced rising sexual heat and a satisfying pay-offs, and the exact right amount of plot for a longer erotica, and you've got a winner.
Candice
4.5 Stars

Holy sheep! Do I like this one better than the first? AHHHH....tough call.

LOVED spending time with Grandma and Grandpa though, in this one :)

Trevor, who knew he had such a mouth on him?! Pete, yeah I totally liked him and his stutter.

I will definitely be reading these books over and over again! They are hot, funny, and "whodunit?".
Feliz
A sweet, fast fun read. Totally incredulous, and the actual mystery attempted to be a classical whodunnit, complete with a confession - babbling wrongdoer in the end. But the heros were compelling.
  • Like Pizza and Beer (Dino Martini Mysteries, #2)
  • Unspeakable Words
  • Trust Me (Cover Me, #2)
  • All or Nothing (Taking the Odds, #3)
  • Not My Spook! (Spy vs. Spook, #2)
  • Hidden Force (Tennessee Cops, #1)
  • In the Flesh (Flesh, #1)
  • Pas de Deux
  • Deadly Slumber (Deadly Mystery, #4)
  • Breaking Logan's Laws (Quinn Security, #4)
  • In Hot Pursuit
  • Laurel Heights (Laurel Heights, #1)
  • Mexican Heat (Crimes & Cocktails, #1)
  • Trust Me If You Dare (Romano and Albright, #2)
  • Guarding Morgan (Sanctuary, #1)
  • Truthful Change
  • Bring The Heat
1979165
Katie Allen grew up in the Midwest with a horde of sisters (five) and one beleaguered brother. After an enjoyable four years working on her creative writing/art degree, and two not-so-pleasant years struggling towards her MBA, Katie somehow ended up as a mechanical engineer in Denver, Colorado.

When she's not writing or working to pay for her unfortunate equine addiction, Katie rides horses, reads...more
More about Katie Allen...
Private Dicks (Private Dicks, #1) One-Two Punch Breaking the Silence Chasing Her Tail Seeing Blind

“As they walked into the living room, Trevor cleared his throat loudly. "We're coming in. Hands where I can see them, dicks where I can't.” 11 likes
“Trevor gave a long-suffering groan. “I’m going to be on my
hands and knees, aren’t I?”
Nipping the other man’s lower lip, Pete growled, “You’ll be