Start by marking “Pippi Goes on Board” as Want to Read:
Pippi Goes on Board

Pippi Goes on Board (Pippi Långstrump #2)

4.11  ·  Rating Details ·  9,933 Ratings  ·  167 Reviews
Pippi Långstrump är den starkaste och snällaste och roligaste och rikaste flickan i hela världen. Hon bor alldeles ensam i Villa Villekulla med sin häst och sin apa Herr Nilsson. En hel kappsäck full med gullpengar har hon också. I huset bredvid bor Tommy och Annika, och sedan Pippi flyttade in har allt blivit mycket roligare! Här får vi följa med när hon köper arton kilo ...more
Published 1995 by Scholastic (first published 1946)

To ask other readers questions about Pippi Goes on Board, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pippi Goes on Board

Brad
I happened to be reading this with my daughter at the same time I was rereading the Culture novel Consider Phlebas and I couldn't keep the two separate. Pippi just seems like the perfect member of the Culture, decent, headstrong, hedonistic, in love with her post-scarcity living, and a bit too flaky for her own good. All that led to this:

9. Pippi Goes Aboard*

Pippilotta Delicatessa Windowshade Mackrelmint Efraim's Daughter Longstocking closed the door to her cabin aboard General Contact Unit Vill
April
Jul 08, 2008 April rated it really liked it
Shelves: classics, 2008
Pippi Longstocking was my hero when I was a little girl. Come on: the strongest girl in the world? who's richer than God? and lives by herself? with a horse? and a monkey?

I LOVED HER.

This is the book where Pippi goes on a picnic, gets shipwrecked, and is reunited with her father. I always get a lump in my throat at the end, whether I'm nine or twenty-nine ... or older.

The more I think about it, the more I realize that Pippi is a real feminist icon. She takes care of herself, she doesn't rely on
Tämä oli ihana. Edellisosaansa hauskempi, satuhetket meni ihan kikatteluksi kun tälle nauroin niin minä kuin lapsetkin. Lempeän tärkeä kuitenkin, ehdoton helmi lastenkirjallisuudessa. Jos sitä nyt joku ei muka jo valmiiksi tiennyt.
Fairynee
Aug 18, 2012 Fairynee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buku-anak
Jelas sekali meski buku ini bergenre anak-anak, tapi membacanya mesti dengan bimbingan orang tua. Tingkah dan cara bicara Pippi yang aneh (dan bagi pembaca terasa lucu) akan menjadi tidak lucu bila ditiru anak-anak.

Namanya, Pippilotta Viktualia Gorden Tirai Permen Efraimputri Langstrump, putri dari kapten Efraim Langstrump yang dikenal setan laut, dan kini menjadi raja orang hitam. Pippi tinggal sendirian di pondok Serbaneka. Dia tidak mempunyai ibu, dan Ayahnya terdampar di negeri Taka tuka. Te
Gretchen
Jul 05, 2014 Gretchen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
"It's surely best for little children to live an orderly life, especially if they can order it themselves." This sums up Pippi's philosophy of life as she continues her adventures in a second installment. Not as good as the original Pippi Longstocking, but it still entertained my children and captured their imaginations. While the adventures in this book lack some of the hilarity of the first book in the series, Pippi's compassion and generosity are highlighted, which adds a more personal touch ...more
Nilsson
Tommy and Annika are two kooky individuals.
Pippi makes sense to me, but her neighbours are the ones I can't wrap my head around. Haven't they any imagination? Haven't they ever done anything fun by themselves? Why are they always so uptight and easily impressed?
It's a good thing they know somebody like Pippi who cares enough to take the time to show them how to enjoy their lives. Otherwise they might have never learned how to be normal, and always been so strange.
The townspeople ought to stop
Becca Garber
Mar 23, 2015 Becca Garber rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Delightful, as always!
Hudson
A CRAZY UNBILEVEABLE AND COOL BOOK! i was waiting for this book she meets her father! and has hour after hour after hour of craziness and unpredictable things
Emily Mellow
Good, but didn't love it as much as the first book. My kids are still excited about the final Pippi book...
Nevada Libert
Jun 04, 2014 Nevada Libert rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
pipi is soo funny i love reading about pipi and her adventures.
Marna
Dec 13, 2015 Marna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love these.
Asagi
Jul 13, 2017 Asagi rated it liked it
Shelves: owned, read-2k17
It was really funny and cute. It was a gift from a classmate after she saw me with a tee with Pippi saying "I want to be a pirate" one of my favorites.
Monique
Dec 26, 2013 Monique rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
In this story Pippi's character progresses a lot. At the start she is her usual self: Saving people from tigers and bad men, making school days chaotic, treating all the kids to mounds of lollies and enjoying being shipwrecked with Tommy and Annika. Everyone automatically feels safe around her as there is nothing she can't do. It is when she goes to a fair that a little more about Pippi is revealed. (view spoiler) ...more
Bunga Mawar
Saya tidak bisa ingat kapan pertama membaca kisah Pippi.
Yang jelas saya ingat adalah saya belum pernah memiliki buku ini sendiri.
Baru minggu lalu, di meja obral Gramedia (yang saat itu belum rusuh diserbu gerombolan GRI yang brutal).

Hal lain yang saya ingat, saat itu saya berpikir bahwa Pippi itu benar2 anak yang aneh. Aneh walau lucu.
Sebagai "anak yang tidak aneh", kala itu saya tidak bisa menemukan padanan Pippi pada teman2 yang ada di lingkungan saya. Dan kalau ada, saya mungkin akan berjara
Kathy Roderer
Pippi lives at Villa Villekulla, her home in Sweden. She lives alone, without adult supervision, with only her monkey, Mr. Nilsson, and a horse who lives on the front porch. Her father had been a sea captain with whom Pippi had sailed, until he was blown overboard. While certain that he would one day return, Pippi, a very strong and independent child, has no problems living alone. Tommy and Annika are her neighbors who live next door. They are in awe of Pippi's experiences and sense of adventure ...more
Ciara
Jul 15, 2008 Ciara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone!, pirate children, accordionists
this is the one where pippi takes tommy & annika on a trip to purposefully get shipwrecked! that's my all-time favorite pippi story. i have a tattoo of pippi from this chapter, where she is holding the bag of supplies in one hand & a comically over-sized revolver in the other. she packs an empty bottle so they can write a message in a bottle when they decide they're sick of being shipwrecked. she asks tommy to write, "help, we're shipwrecked & we haven't any snuff." tommy doesn't wan ...more
Irene
Oct 04, 2013 Irene rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Elementary school aged kids
Shelves: children
I was pleasantly surprised to find that I rather enjoyed this book quite a bit more than the first.

In this book, Pippi, Tommy, and Annika have all sorts of adventures that really showcase Pippi's generosity, loyalty, and kindness. Her heart is as big as her physical strength!

I liked that when Pippi spent a day with Tommy and Annika's class, their teacher used the opportunity to instruct her in proper behavior (finally Pippi gets some guidance!), and Pippi really seemed to want to learn to be g
Kathie
Jun 11, 2012 Kathie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to revisit the character Pippi as it is mentioned in "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" (in an interview with author Stieg Larsson)that she was created as an adult version of Pippi Longstocking (by Swedish author Astrid Lindgren written in 1950s). As a kid liked Pippi stories so thought I'd read to my granddaughter (age 6); she didn't seem interested so I read it. I can see why kids would like Pippi since she doesn't have to live with parents and has a chest full of gold coins and can bu ...more
Johnny Bennett
Nov 03, 2012 Johnny Bennett rated it did not like it
Pippi Goes on Board is the second book in the Pippi Longstocking series by Astrid Lindgren. Pippi owns a home that her father bought for her but her father is away and so Pippi makes all the rules. And Pippi has supernatural strength meaning she gets to make ALL of the rules. But she is really a nice kid who doesn’t like bullies so logically she isn’t a bully.
I’ve owned this book since I was a child but haven’t read it many times. Reading it now, for what I hope is the final time, I realize why.
Anne
CIP: none
Summary: Pippi lives by herself and has wild adventures with the children next door and from the village. One day an unexpected visitor arrives and offers to take her on an exciting voyage.

Review: Pippi lives every child's dream life: no parents, no bedtime, no school. She can do whatever she wants. And she does. This book will appeal to children ages 6-10 for all the reasons listed above. Their is excitement and silliness galore. However, as an adult going back to re-read it, I found m
Farah
Mar 10, 2009 Farah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gue ngga kebayang apa jadinya dunia kalo beneran ada anak ini.
Si Pippilotta Viktualia Rullgardina Krusmynta Efraimsdotter Långstrump (atau di Indonesia, dikenal juga sebagai Pippilotta Viktualia Gordentirai Permen Efraimputri Långstrump).

Buat gue, Pippi ini, unik. Bold, brave, idealis juga, pemberontak, liar, pokoknya, begitu hidup. She's so lively. Dan gue ngga tau, apakah jiwa seperti ini sudah ada dari sananya (bawaan genetis), atau pengaruh lingkungan? hahaha..

Bener-bener anak ini bikin gue
Chris
It was a more intense read than the first Pippi for the kids. The chapters were just that much longer it was hard to get through one in our usual space for chapter books over lunch. The dread that was building in the last three chapters was palpable, and the jokes breaks where fewer then. I think we'll wait a while before we get the next book in the series, since Pippi is getting older and we aren't.

Oh, and why was the title translated as "Pippi Goes on Board" when the chapter was translated "Pi
Katarina
Jun 12, 2012 Katarina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, kids
Slightly different than the original, but still wonderfully fresh and zany, I found Pippi geht an Bord to be a delightful read. I thought Pippi's antics were even more entertaining, and perhaps slightly more real (though still absurd in a way only Pippi can be). The end chapters fell a bit flat for me(view spoiler) but the ending was wonder ...more
Ashley Lahr
This book is the second book about Pippi. Pippi has no parents so she can do whatever she wants. She likes to treat her friends Tommy and Annika to her adventures as well. This would be a good book to talk to students about good and bad choices. At one point Pippi treats her and her friends to ALOT of candy, theres another part where she mixes medicine together. Her fun doesn't last for long though. Pippi's father returns! Pippi does not want to leave Villa Villekulla, her father decides it is b ...more
Sarah Sammis
I enjoyed the book thoroughly. I'd loved the films as a child (okay, still do as an adult) and it was so much fun to finally read one of the books. I have the other two books which I will read when my current ring and ray TBR pile goes down.

Pippi is the sort of child that anyone would want as a friend. She's head strong, delightfully silly and wonderfully over confident. Plus she owns a horse and a monkey!
Ditta
Jul 22, 2009 Ditta rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
lagi iseng ke gramedia fatmawati,,eh nemu buku 5000-15.000an,,,trus tiba2 ngeliat ini buku...
wah,,jadi inget dulu pas masih sd,,,(kemana ya buku pippi si kaos kaki panjang gw??)
langsung beli deh,,en ga sabaran pas pulang langsung di baca..
masih takjub sama tingkah laku pippi,,yg pasti Astrid Lindgren jago banget bikin buku yg timeless...
dibaca kapan aja masih tetep nyambung...
whua,,,jadi pengen tinggak di pondok serbaneka
Jacqueline
Nov 07, 2012 Jacqueline rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Xiao-Ling and I read all the Pippis together. She loves Pippi and calls her "Pippi the Long Stock." When I braid her hair we hold the plaits up at a 45-degree angle and yell, "PIP-PEE LONGSTOCKEEENG!" i took the kids to see the Pippi Longstocking musical at the Strand Theater in Lakewood. We loved it, but my favorite thing of all was the theater itself, which is about a hundred years old and totally preserved inside and out.
Sinta Nisfuanna
Ini pertama kalinya baca Pippi, dan sukses dibuat kaget dengan "atraksi" nakal dan eksentrik Pippi. Awal baca sempet yang ber-"hah?hah?" ria, tapi lama-lama terbiasa juga. Walaupun gak sampe bikin ketawa, ceritanya cukup imajinatif. Setiap baca bagian Pippi bisa beli segala macem dengan sepeti uang emasnya, rasanya ngiri, enak banget ngambil duit kayak ngambil cemilan.

Oiya, kalo buku ini dibaca anak-anak, kayaknya harus dengan bimbingan orang tua :P
laura
Jan 07, 2011 laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
as a sequel to this first book, this continues pippi's adventures with annika and tommy primarily during their summer holiday. when you read, you discover an oak tree that grows pop and chocolate bars, a maniacal round of follow the leader, and (amongst other things) her tall tales about her father, the cannibal king. in this book, pippi emerges as a character of fine quality and not so much the precocious 9 year old. good fun!
Milo
Nov 30, 2014 Milo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Milo by: borrowed from Aunt Britt
"It's so cool. I can't even imagine it. I like it when her father came. But, it was a little sad when she was going to leave. I think all little kids should read it. I wanted to be in the story when Pipi bought all the kids candy."

Papa finds the Pipi character so fun and charming. She is wild, but kind-hearted. She embodies an ideal vision of childhood. The emphasis on kindness is a good theme for a child story.
Goodreads Librari...: Alternate or incorrect cover? 1 14 Apr 02, 2016 05:36AM
  • When the Robbers Came to Cardamom Town
  • Pettersson kriegt Weihnachtsbesuch
  • Moominsummer Madness (The Moomins, #5)
  • Hello, Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle (Mrs. Piggle Wiggle, #4)
  • Pünktchen und Anton
  • The Borrowers Afloat (The Borrowers #3)
  • Henry and the Paper Route (Henry, #4)
  • Minoes
  • More About Paddington (Paddington, #2)
  • Jim Knopf und die Wilde 13
Astrid Anna Emilia Lindgren, née Ericsson, was a Swedish children's book author and screenwriter, whose many titles were translated into 85 languages and published in more than 100 countries. She has sold roughly 145 million copies worldwide. Today, she is most remembered for writing the Pippi Longstocking books, as well as the Karlsson-on-the-Roof book series.

Awards:
Hans Christian Andersen Award
More about Astrid Lindgren...

Pippi Långstrump (3 books)
  • Pippi Longstocking
  • Pippi in the South Seas

“Prawdziwie elegancka dama dłubie w nosie tylko gdy jest całkiem sama.” 2 likes
“it's definitely best for little children to have a regular life, especially if they can regulate it themselves.” 1 likes