Start by marking “A Hand to Hold (Hearts of Middlefield, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Hand to Hold (Hearts of Middlefield, #3)

A Hand to Hold (Hearts of Middlefield #3)

Ruth Byler has never failed at anything in her life, but Zach Bender is going to test the limits of her heart.

A student at heart, Ruth is finally a teacher at the Amish schoolhouse. But after her first day, she wonders if she’s made a mistake. The students want nothing to do with learning. Deflated, she makes a promise to herself to not give up—not yet.

When Zach comes to f
Published September 13th 2010 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about A Hand to Hold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Hand to Hold

Paula-O
May 10, 2012 Paula-O rated it really liked it
loved reading this series,Hearts of Middlefield- by Kathleen Fuller, book #3 "A hand to Hold".

Ruth is the youngest Byler child and feels like everyone still looks at her as a child. She seems to always to have to prove that she is more mature now and can make good decisions-though sometimes they are not.
Ruth has always wanted to be a teacher and worked hard at school work making good grades but making others think she was "teachers pet".

Zach never seemed to have his fathers approval and he made
Nicki Rhode keck
Jun 12, 2015 Nicki Rhode keck rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I loved both story lines equally, although I did feel that each was a bit rushed at the end, but still, it was very good. I really like everything I have read by this author.
Chanover55
May 22, 2017 Chanover55 rated it really liked it
I enjoy Amish fiction so the finale to this series tied up all the loose ends. Each couple had their struggles as all people do and, like us found themselves in situations that would raise the eyebrows of the community. Kathleen Fuller does a great job of showing how God's love can change any life.
Tole
Publisher: Bethany House
September 2010
ISBN: 978-1-59554-814-6
Genre: Inspirational/Amish

Ruth Byler is anxious to start school. She’s had the lessons prepared for months in advance. She’s bought new notebooks and freshly sharpened pencils for all her students. And she’s just putting the finishing touches on her desk when a pickup truck crashes through the back wall of the school house.

Zachariah Bender was borrowing a friend’s pickup to go to the store fo
Amber
Oct 30, 2011 Amber rated it really liked it
This is the third in Kathleen Fuller's "A Hearts Of Middlefield" series and I enjoyed it as much as the first, second books. I did feel like the story of Ruth and Zach was rushed a bit in the end. I also felt that the story between Deborah and Naomi could have been touched on some more in the end.

Ruth Bylers so excited to start school. It's her first year teaching and she has the lessons prepared for weeks. She has just finished getting everything ready for the first day of school. Then a truck
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
Oh, I identified with Ruth in this book! Perfectionist student who never quite fit in, over-eager teacher who quickly realized that all the lesson planning in the world won't account for "reality". Yeah, that all sounded familiar. I loved watching Ruth chill out a bit, learn to flex, understand that she doesn't have to strive for the impossibility of perfection. And Zach - what a sweetie he turned out to be! I really enjoyed their story.

Also - I was thrilled that we got to catch up with Deborah
Elsie
Feb 28, 2011 Elsie rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this whole series. Like the other two books, this one actually had two storylines going at the same time. The one from the back with Ruth Byler and Zach Bender and another one with Deborah (a character from the 2nd book) and Stephen Byler. For the first time, I actually enjoyed both stories about equally. The past two books I actually enjoyed the 2nd storyline more than the primary one, but both of these were very good.

These books are pretty predictable, especially if you read t
Dani
Sep 28, 2014 Dani rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: amish
Cathy
Apr 13, 2013 Cathy rated it it was amazing
This book was such a sweet and poignant story of a two young Amish couples who find love. I thought the primary storyline and the secondary were equally enjoyable. Kathleen Fuller has a real talent of drawing you into Amish life and seeing them as real people with joys and sorrows just like we have. I enjoyed the whole Hearts of Middlefield series and highly recommend it.
Rachel
Jun 17, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
The plot was interesting,and the characters were fun. The writing was good for the genre,and it was less predictable than the first novel of the series. In this book,the plot didn't really have a large crisis at all rather there were many little ups and downs. I really like how the author tends to match up two couples per book as well.
Sally
Jan 19, 2011 Sally rated it liked it
This is actually a book about two couples, not the one it says on the back cover. Sadly, in my opinion, the story of one of the couples is a bit rushed at the end. Their finale comes in the epilogue. Otherwise, a good and quick read. I had this one finished in a couple of hours.
Gail
For now I'm giving this 3 stars, just couldn't get into it!
Lena
Oct 13, 2014 Lena rated it it was amazing
Again, I really like the side story hear about Deborah and Stephen :) but the Ruth and Zach thing was pretty good too.
Ann Torrey
Jul 10, 2015 Ann Torrey rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!
Fay Risner
A romantic read about two different couples in the same story
Kat
May 13, 2013 Kat rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading my first official Christian Fiction book! This was a great story. I didn't realize that it was the 3rd book in the series, but I enjoyed the book any ways.
Liz
cute stories
Kristen
Sep 17, 2016 Kristen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library, amish, series
A great book to end this trilogy
Kendra Neal
May 06, 2011 Kendra Neal rated it it was amazing
I loved this series by Kathleen Fuller! Looking forward to reading more books by Kathleen Fuller!
Lena Morrison
I do my reviews in the form of a letter, which is why they are written like this.

Dear Kathleen Fuller,
I shall read it again and review it for you again.

Sincerely,
Lena Marie
Stephanie
Jul 09, 2013 Stephanie rated it liked it
Two Amish couples overcome hardships of learning difficulties and illegitimacy to find love in Ohio.
Donna
Sep 05, 2014 Donna rated it really liked it
Shelves: amish
These books are pretty predictable, especially if you read them one after another. The stories are nice, clean ~n~ simple. Have really enjoyed reading any series that I come across.

Mrs. Doglvrs
Mar 29, 2012 Mrs. Doglvrs rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012, amish
Have I mentioned how much I hate "steam roll" endings... ugh! Nice story -- but why wait until the last chapter to wrap everything up?
ANNETTE
Sep 17, 2016 ANNETTE rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet story about two couples who fall in love after several twist &turns with over coming difficult hardships, falling lve and trusting in God.
Rita
Jul 18, 2015 Rita rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this much more than I expected and will look for others by this author.
Chesney
Jul 03, 2013 Chesney rated it liked it
Same as the first two books of the series. I felt like the end was rushed too quickly with two story lines going on at the same time.
Janie Leone
Janie Leone rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2013
Tammy Landy
Tammy Landy rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2014
Why is Amish fiction so expensive? 1 1 Feb 27, 2016 10:43AM
  • The Way to a Man's Heart (Miller Family, #3)
  • Plain Paradise (Daughters of the Promise, #4)
  • Anna's Return (Pleasant Valley, #3)
  • Forgiven (Sisters of the Heart, #3)
  • A Hope for Hannah (Hannah's Heart, #2)
  • A Place of Peace (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #3)
  • Rachel's Secret (The Riverhaven Years, #1)
  • Dear to Me (Brides of Webster County, #3)
Best-selling author of Amish fiction. Also a wife, mother, crafter, coffee addict, football fan, and chocolate aficionado.
More about Kathleen Fuller...

Hearts of Middlefield (3 books)
  • A Man of His Word (Hearts of Middlefield, #1)
  • An Honest Love (Hearts of Middlefield, #2)