A Hand to Hold (Hearts of Middlefield, #3)

A Hand to Hold (Hearts of Middlefield #3)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  228 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Ruth's a good girl, a born schoolteacher. Zach's been in trouble most of his life. Both have a lot to learn about love.
The pickup truck that crashed into Ruth Byler's Amish schoolhouse destroyed half her supplies and all her careful planning.
Notoriously unreliable Zachariah Bender drove the offending truck. He's promised to repair the damage, which means he'll be around...more
Published September 14th 2010 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

The Shunning by Beverly  LewisWhen the Heart Cries by Cindy WoodsmallThe Covenant by Beverly  LewisThe Betrayal by Beverly  LewisThe Sacrifice by Beverly  Lewis
Best of Amish Fiction
104th out of 199 books — 170 voters
The Shunning by Beverly  LewisThe Fiddler by Beverly  LewisThe Covenant by Beverly  LewisThe Betrayal by Beverly  LewisThe Parting by Beverly  Lewis
Amish Fiction
38th out of 114 books — 17 voters

More lists with this book...

Paula-O
loved reading this series,Hearts of Middlefield- by Kathleen Fuller, book #3 "A hand to Hold".

Ruth is the youngest Byler child and feels like everyone still looks at her as a child. She seems to always to have to prove that she is more mature now and can make good decisions-though sometimes they are not.
Ruth has always wanted to be a teacher and worked hard at school work making good grades but making others think she was "teachers pet".

Zach never seemed to have his fathers approval and he made...more
Title: A HAND TO HOLD
Author: Kathleen Fuller
Publisher: Bethany House
September 2010
ISBN: 978-1-59554-814-6
Genre: Inspirational/Amish

Ruth Byler is anxious to start school. She’s had the lessons prepared for months in advance. She’s bought new notebooks and freshly sharpened pencils for all her students. And she’s just putting the finishing touches on her desk when a pickup truck crashes through the back wall of the school house.

Zachariah Bender was borrowing a friend’s pickup to go to the store fo...more
Elsie
I really enjoyed this whole series. Like the other two books, this one actually had two storylines going at the same time. The one from the back with Ruth Byler and Zach Bender and another one with Deborah (a character from the 2nd book) and Stephen Byler. For the first time, I actually enjoyed both stories about equally. The past two books I actually enjoyed the 2nd storyline more than the primary one, but both of these were very good.

These books are pretty predictable, especially if you read t...more
Amber
This is the third in Kathleen Fuller's "A Hearts Of Middlefield" series and I enjoyed it as much as the first, second books. I did feel like the story of Ruth and Zach was rushed a bit in the end. I also felt that the story between Deborah and Naomi could have been touched on some more in the end.

Ruth Bylers so excited to start school. It's her first year teaching and she has the lessons prepared for weeks. She has just finished getting everything ready for the first day of school. Then a truck...more
Krissie
Hearts #3, Ruth (youngest) becomes teacher, Zach is big challenge.
Cathy Langfitt
This book was such a sweet and poignant story of a two young Amish couples who find love. I thought the primary storyline and the secondary were equally enjoyable. Kathleen Fuller has a real talent of drawing you into Amish life and seeing them as real people with joys and sorrows just like we have. I enjoyed the whole Hearts of Middlefield series and highly recommend it.
Rachel
The plot was interesting,and the characters were fun. The writing was good for the genre,and it was less predictable than the first novel of the series. In this book,the plot didn't really have a large crisis at all rather there were many little ups and downs. I really like how the author tends to match up two couples per book as well.
Sally
This is actually a book about two couples, not the one it says on the back cover. Sadly, in my opinion, the story of one of the couples is a bit rushed at the end. Their finale comes in the epilogue. Otherwise, a good and quick read. I had this one finished in a couple of hours.
Kat
I really enjoyed reading my first official Christian Fiction book! This was a great story. I didn't realize that it was the 3rd book in the series, but I enjoyed the book any ways.
Mrs. Doglvrs
Have I mentioned how much I hate "steam roll" endings... ugh! Nice story -- but why wait until the last chapter to wrap everything up?
Chesney Chadwick
Same as the first two books of the series. I felt like the end was rushed too quickly with two story lines going on at the same time.
Stephanie
Two Amish couples overcome hardships of learning difficulties and illegitimacy to find love in Ohio.
Kendra Neal
I loved this series by Kathleen Fuller! Looking forward to reading more books by Kathleen Fuller!
Aubrey
An enjoyable read, but almost unbelievable that everything can end up so wonderful.
Gail
For now I'm giving this 3 stars, just couldn't get into it!
Alyson
cute stories
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Emily Chowning
Emily Chowning marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Lori Vieira
Lori Vieira is currently reading it
Jul 22, 2014
Deanna Walker
Deanna Walker marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Julianne Powers
Julianne Powers marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Jeanette
Jeanette marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
♥Robin ♥
♥Robin ♥ marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
  • Plain Promise (Daughters of the Promise, #3)
  • Autumn's Promise (Seasons of Sugarcreek, #3)
  • The Way to a Man's Heart (Miller Family, #3)
  • On Her Own (Brides of Webster County, #2)
  • Hannah's Dream (Hannah's Heart, #1)
  • A Place of Peace (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #3)
  • Anna's Return (Pleasant Valley, #3)
Kathleen is the author of several books, including the upcoming Amish series Hearts of Middlefield for Thomas Nelson. She is also included in two Amish anthologies for Thomas Nelson, An Amish Christmas and An Amish Gathering. Kathleen loves to hear from readers.
More about Kathleen Fuller...
A Man of His Word (Hearts of Middlefield, #1) An Honest Love (Hearts of Middlefield, #2) Treasuring Emma (Middlefield Family, #1) What the Heart Sees: A Collection of Amish Romances Faithful to Laura (Middlefield Family #2)