Start by marking “The Jiri Chronicles & Other Fictions” as Want to Read:
The Jiri Chronicles & Other Fictions

The Jiri Chronicles & Other Fictions

These audacious stories shine with artistic nuance and fearless emotional intensity. Tragic, lyrical, hilarious, and politically controversial, they exist in a world where fact is as strange as fiction, and fiction is often disguised as fact.

The Jiri Chronicles & Other Fictions is divided into three sections, each a unique literary experiment. In Snapshots: A Genealogy
Published March 11th 2007 by Fiction Collective 2

To ask other readers questions about The Jiri Chronicles & Other Fictions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Jiri Chronicles & Other Fictions

Dec 04, 2010 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: unclassifiable
Oh, Debra DiBlasi, how I love you so. This book is one of my favorites, I really love the narrative style of everything involving Jiri Cech, it is odd and quite garbled, but very lovely. In particular I love the story called "Blue" about a man who goes to a restaurant and sits at a white table, while admiring the blue table from afar, as he reminisces about his ex girlfriend. I couldn't put this book down. It was something that really has inspired me in technique and style.
Tim
Mar 09, 2008 Tim added it
Shelves: 2008
Way more interesting than Prayers of an Accidental Nature, The Jiri Chronicles starts off with what seem to be family reminiscences before gradually giving way to collage chaos (photos, text boxes, footnotes, drawings, weird asides, margin notes, fake ads, fake [?] corporate memos, bluebottles, other uncategorizable weirdness) in a story, or something like a story, about someone names Jiri Cech, who may be the author's surrogate or surrogate lover or some other invention--you get the feeling ...more
Brandon
Feb 10, 2016 Brandon rated it liked it
Tried to do some interesting things, succeeded at a few. I think an interesting work, but not something that I would push onto a friend. Although it used the Platypus as symbol in the most beautiful way.
John
Jul 28, 2007 John rated it it was amazing

Seriously, get this book. No matter if you like it, love it, or hate it, you'll be tied to it. And go for the perfume, as well.
Selena
Apr 22, 2008 Selena rated it liked it
i'm not sure how i feel. though i've read it. the author is a personal friend of lance olsen and his book was absolutely amazing. the format got to me. the content i was a big fan of.
Jason Jordan
Jason Jordan rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2008
Ryan Rich
Ryan Rich rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2013
Emily Ware
May 18, 2011 Emily Ware rated it it was ok
Weird Yugoslavian type of humor.
Melanie Page
Melanie Page rated it really liked it
May 12, 2016
Tim Jones-yelvington
Tim Jones-yelvington rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2011
Shawn Foote
Shawn Foote rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2013
Mark Noack
Mark Noack rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2015
Jordan Okumura
Jordan Okumura rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2011
Alana
Alana rated it did not like it
Oct 20, 2015
Danica
Danica rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2012
Anna Springer
Anna Springer rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2012
Ron
Ron rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2007
Elizabeth Earley
Elizabeth Earley rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2013
Debra Blasi
Jul 07, 2016 Debra Blasi rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-by-me
Steve
Steve rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2012
j.
j. rated it it was ok
May 04, 2007
Janice Lee
Janice Lee rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2008
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2008
John
John rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2007
Laynie
Laynie rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2008
Bronwyn Mauldin
Bronwyn Mauldin rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2011
Leslie
Leslie rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2008
Carolanne
Carolanne rated it liked it
Nov 17, 2015
David
David rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2008
Rose
Rose rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2007
Debra Di Blasi is an award-wining writer, visual artist, independent scholar, and international lecturer. She is author of six books and hundreds of short works, with fiction published in leading anthologies of innovative writing, and prominent journals and reviews. Her writing has been adaptated to film, radio, theatre, and audio CD in the US and abroad. As a former art critic and founding ...more
More about Debra Di Blasi...