Start by marking “Philippa Fisher and the Fairy's Promise (Philippa Fisher, #3)” as Want to Read:
Philippa Fisher and the Fairy's Promise (Philippa Fisher, #3)

Philippa Fisher and the Fairy's Promise (Philippa Fisher #3)

4.18  ·  Rating Details  ·  774 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
Can Philippa and her fairy godsister keep the link between worlds from closing forever? A thrilling third tale about a magical friendship.

Published October 12th 2010 by Candlewick (first published May 25th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Philippa Fisher and the Fairy's Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Philippa Fisher and the Fairy's Promise

Maria Eleynita
Out of the 3 books from this series this last book was the one i really enjoyed the most! i love it. i love the friendship of the 3 girls. A story about true friendship, loyalty and trust.
Fantasy Literature
Jan 14, 2016 Fantasy Literature rated it liked it
In this sweet conclusion to the PHILIPPA FISHER trilogy from Liz Kessler, Philippa is once again visiting her new friend Robyn, who we met in the previous book, Philippa Fisher and the Dream-Maker’s Daughter. While the girls are investigating some standing stones, Philippa is magically transported to the fairy godmother agency where her best friend and fairy godsister Daisy works. While Philippa’s parents are frantically searching for her, Philippa has learned that her mother is in grave danger. ...more
Kristen
Jan 30, 2015 Kristen rated it really liked it
According to Books in Print, Philippa Fisher and the Fairy’s Promise is an intermediate book meant for children ages 8-12; since Paige is probably 8 or 9, I imagine this would work best as a read aloud. I selected this book because Paige noted she liked mystery and fantasy, and this book falls into both categories. Philippa is the main character that has a fairy god-sister named Daisy that breaks fairy protocol in order to warn Philippa to protect her mother.
Hook: If you like fantasy and mystery
Sandie
Dec 25, 2015 Sandie rated it really liked it
Shelves: liz-kessler
I have really enjoyed this series! I love the trio of friends in this story, it started out with Philippa in book one loosing her friend and in comes Daisy and in the second book Philippa again loses her friend because she is a fairy and Robyn comes into the story as does Daisy and in this third book, we have all three girls together and a wonderful story about what friendship really is.

This book had a more mysterious twist to it then the books that came before it....I felt some suspense both a
Caedy  Eries
Title: Philippa Fisher and the Fairy’s Promise (Philippa Fisher #3)
Author: Liz Kessler
Rating: 5/5

Summary: Philippa is excited to spend her vacation with her friend Robyn, but she has no idea just how much excitement awaits. When a magic spell carved on a mysterious circle of rocks transports Philippa to fairy godmother headquarters, she learns that her own mother is in danger. To protect her mom from a serious accident, Philippa must pretend to be a fairy, while Daisy, her fairy godsister, retur
Girls Prep Maya Lin
Jun 12, 2013 Girls Prep Maya Lin rated it it was amazing
Destiny C.
Philippa Fisher and the Fairy promise is a amazing book to read. Daisy the fairy and Philippa the girl who is eleven,is always talking about each other in a good way most of the time! The book is really long too. Daisy and Philippa create friendship once they spend time together throughout the story.This book is very interesting and inspiring. if you want to know why read this book!
Once you read this book you would want to keep on reading! This book isn't really funny, but very entert
Teresa
Apr 06, 2010 Teresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the third Philippa Fisher story but it can easily be read as a stand-alone. Philippa, our heroine, is spending the Christmas holidays in the village of Ravenleigh where she first met Robyn on a previous holiday. Robyn and Daisy are her best friends but Daisy lives ATC (above the clouds) as she is a “fairy god-sister”.

Unfortunately, Daisy and Philippa inadvertently swap places and are obliged to test the boundaries of their friendship by completing a very challenging mission involving th
Stephanie
Jun 07, 2012 Stephanie rated it liked it
I think young children would enjoy these books a lot, and they contain great themes of friendship and loyalty and problem solving. They aren't too cheesy or shallow.

The only reason I gave this book three stars is because, as an adult, after reading the three books in rapid succession, I was getting a little weary of the obvious-ness of the themes--but again, this would likely be a good thing for young readers. Finally, at the end, the plots seemed to get more and more convoluted, which drove my
Brigette
Dec 07, 2015 Brigette rated it it was ok
Well, my dd enjoyed it. I think fairies should be magical creatures. These are running, or at least intervening, in the human world, more like ancient gods. And they use MagiCell phones and other techie means of getting around and communicating. I prefer a traditional Victorian fairy! ;-)
Angela10
Jan 21, 2016 Angela10 rated it it was amazing
I thought it was very adventures.
Ava Natoli
Jul 15, 2016 Ava Natoli rated it did not like it
Duuuuu-uuuuuuumbbbbbb
Dolly
Jan 09, 2012 Dolly is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
We started this book, not realizing that it was the third book in the Philippa Fisher series. But we soon realized that we were missing out on a lot of background information and the story wasn't making all that much sense. So we decided to suspend this one for a bit and backtrack to the first story...
10-11 Ashley
May 05, 2011 10-11 Ashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I absolutely love this book it's full of adventure. Philippa and her fairy friend, Daisy are off to save the world! They must go find the stolen stone fairy that has been taken to a world where time is frozen. They must hurry or else they will be stuck in there forever. Do you think they will find the stone fairy in time?
Jun 06, 2014 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Thought it was quite a good way to end the series. Best in the 3.
Regan
Is this the same thing as Phillipa Fisher and the Fairy's Promise with a different title and cover? I'm guessing it is… but now I'm kind of mad because I like this cover better than the one I have…
Kate
Jan 23, 2012 Kate rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Girls ages 8-13
It was a wonderful edition to Liz Kessler's series, just as sweet and imaginative as the other Philippa Fisher books. Full of detail and with a twisting plot, this book was quite enjoyable to read.
Natalia Padilla
Jul 23, 2013 Natalia Padilla rated it liked it
Loved this book i would write a longer review about every detail but i read it a long time ago and just saw it pop up and decided to rate it. Loved It!!!!!
Lula
Nov 13, 2013 Lula rated it really liked it
This book is about how Philippa get's trapped at ATC just when her mother is about to get a SRB, she's got to find a way to save her mom, and fast!
Taylor
Jan 13, 2011 Taylor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Itas a good book.I can't believ daisy would agree not to see her best friend again just to save the world.I guess she did the right thing.
Jenna
Jun 15, 2013 Jenna rated it did not like it
Anne Kim
May 01, 2013 Anne Kim rated it it was amazing
For people who like fantasy this might be the book you like.............:) Read the whole series..........this is the third one!
Becca
Oct 21, 2013 Becca rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lulu-s-books
This book opened my sweet girl's eyes and had her begging to read more every day. Suspenseful and sweet, we both loved it.
Maddie
Mar 05, 2011 Maddie rated it it was amazing
This book was the perfect conclusion to the last 2 books. I hope Liz can dig deep and come up with another book!
Anj
Nov 19, 2013 Anj rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was a good read, as long as you keep in mind that it's a book for kids... so don't expect too much :)
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
I love the adventures Philippa goes on with Daisy, a little spooky, a little heart warming.
Pilar
Aug 08, 2013 Pilar rated it it was ok
Not an ending I expecting. Not a great ending. All over the place and overall I didn't like it!!!
Leonela Serrano
Apr 19, 2011 Leonela Serrano rated it it was amazing
This book was sloop funny I loved it. It was also very heart warming. I just loved it,
Mas5thgrade2012
Dec 19, 2011 Mas5thgrade2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horsebackrider1, 5b
This book is really good!!!!!!! I have read all the Liz Kessler books!!!
Horesbackrider1
Madison Courtney
May 16, 2013 Madison Courtney rated it it was amazing
awesome book! love this series! if you like fantasy, you'll love this!!!
Katie
Feb 28, 2016 Katie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hall-of-fame, 5-stars
Loved this book, would have loved more if I read the first two first
Did you like this book? 2 2 Dec 20, 2011 08:43AM
  • Fairy Lies (Fairy Wings #2)
  • The Summer of Moonlight Secrets
  • Invasion of the Normals (Scream Street, #7)
  • The Crab (Legend of the Five Rings: Clan War 5)
  • Cloudy with a Chance of Boys
  • The Lion (Legend of the Five Rings: Clan War 7)
  • The Dragon Prophecy: The Dragonology Chronicles, Volume 4
  • The Worst Witch Saves the Day (Worst Witch, #5)
  • 13 Curses (Thirteen Treasures, #2)
  • Unfriendly Competition (Canterwood Crest, #12)
  • The Shadow Lantern  (The Blackhope Enigma, #3)
  • The Wish Stealers
  • Cry of the Wolf (Avalon: Web of Magic #3)
  • The High Skies Adventures of Blue Jay the Pirate
Liz Kessler is the author of three novels about Philippa Fisher as well as the NEW YORK TIMES best-selling Emily Windsnap series. She lives in Manchester, England.
More about Liz Kessler...

Philippa Fisher (3 books)
  • Philippa Fisher's Fairy Godsister (Philippa Fisher, #1)
  • Philippa Fisher and the Dream-Maker's Daughter (Philippa Fisher, #2)

“The woods were deserted that day.
The stones stood still and silent, as though they were waiting for something. At the center of them all, a jagged piece of amber glowed in the growing darkness. Lights fizzed softly around it, turning pink, orange, purple, blue.
No one saw it. No one ever did. Why would they? No one knoew about its magic, not anymore. They had forgotten all about such magic a long, long time ago. About the same time they stopped believing in faries.
How foolish.”
16 likes
“But there would be no confrontation the next day. And for Tommy Williams, there would be no school, either. Because the moment he walked through the gap in the stones to leave the circle, something quiet unexpected happened.
Tommy, holding tightly on to his rock, took the step that divided the inside of the circle from the outside - and disappeared.

The woods suddenly felt colder than usual. The darkness hung more heavily.
The amber was gone - and now nothing would ever be the same.”
8 likes