Start by marking “Encyclopedia Brown And The Case Of The Two Spies (Encyclopedia Brown (Turtleback))” as Want to Read:

Encyclopedia Brown And The Case Of The Two Spies (Encyclopedia Brown (Encyclopedia Brown #19)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  283 ratings  ·  9 reviews
The famous boy detective solves ten, all new short mysteries. Readers can solve the mysteries along with him and find the answers in the back of the book.
Published 1994 by Turtleback Books

Be the first to ask a question about Encyclopedia Brown And The Case Of The Two Spies (Encyclopedia Brown

Eric Summers
When I was younger I devoured every Encyclopedia Brown book I could get my hands on. I would read and re-read every one of them over and over again, enjoying the characters and the stories even though I already knew the solution to each mystery.

Unfortunately, in a world of Reading Counts and Accelerate Reader programs, the constant re-reading of the same book over and over again that gave me the fluency I have today is no longer encouraged. Quantity of books is favored over quality and students
Stephen
Sixty-five books in and Donald Sobel just keeps going!

I used to love these books as a kid and after coming across a few at a thrift store am finding that they make great bathroom reading now.

Brayton
Encyclopedia Brown is cool. The mystery is a surprise until the very end. I like to guess who the bad guy is going to be.
Amy
I remember loving these as a kid. Reading them as an adult, I find them very old-fashioned in an aw shucks kind of way. I can't really imagine a kid today would have much interest in them.

Best part of the book was when Sally beats up an older bully. Making a pretty girl the muscle? I guess that's why I liked them as a girl...
Sam
Good, but not great, like all other E. Brown books. Encyclopedia's adventures are still drab and dull as usual, and the only enjoyable part about this book was during that one case where one dude very descriptively got beaten up. (SPOILER ALERT!) Pretty old-fashioned book, so it deserves nothing better than a "meh."
Anna
I got one right. :D
Catherine Woodman
I loved the Encyclopedia Brown series as a kid, tho' I could not get any of my kids fired up about them
Angela
meh, pretty old fashioned.
TheBookUmbrella
TheBookUmbrella marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Josh
Josh marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Emily Wagner
Emily Wagner marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Gavin
Gavin added it
Feb 22, 2015
Farseer
Farseer marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Jeremy
Jeremy added it
Feb 13, 2015
Bryn
Bryn added it
Jan 24, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Tobin
Tobin added it
Jan 08, 2015
Brittany Benson
Brittany Benson marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Zsa Zsa
Zsa Zsa marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
  • The Quicksand Question (A to Z Mysteries, #17)
  • Schoolhouse Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #10)
  • The Bobbsey Twins' Mystery at Meadowbrook (Bobbsey Twins, #7)
  • Detective Stories
  • Nate the Great on the Owl Express
  • Spies and Lies (Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys: Super Mystery, #13)
  • Marco? Polo! (Time Warp Trio #16)
  • Henry Reed's Babysitting Service
  • The Mystery of the Circus Clown (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #7)
Donald J. Sobol was an award-winning writer best known for his children's books, especially the Encyclopedia Brown mystery series. Mr. Sobol passed away in July of 2012.
More about Donald J. Sobol...

Encyclopedia Brown (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Encyclopedia Brown, Boy Detective (Encyclopedia Brown, #1)
  • Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Secret Pitch (Encyclopedia Brown, #2)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Finds the Clues (Encyclopedia Brown, #3)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Gets His Man (Encyclopedia Brown, #4)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Solves Them All (Encyclopedia Brown, #5)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Keeps the Peace (Encyclopedia Brown, #6)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Saves the Day
  • Encyclopedia Brown Tracks Them Down (Encyclopedia Brown, #8)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Shows the Way (Encyclopedia Brown, #9)
  • Encyclopedia Brown Takes the Case (Encyclopedia Brown, #10)
Encyclopedia Brown, Boy Detective (Encyclopedia Brown, #1) Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Secret Pitch (Encyclopedia Brown, #2) Encyclopedia Brown Takes the Cake! (Encyclopedia Brown, #15 1/2) Encyclopedia Brown Solves Them All (Encyclopedia Brown, #5) Encyclopedia Brown Finds the Clues (Encyclopedia Brown, #3)