Start by marking “The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan: The Untold Adventures of the SOS Brigade, Vol. 01” as Want to Read:

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan: The Untold Adventures of the SOS Brigade, Vol. 01 (The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-Chan #1)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  134 ratings  ·  7 reviews
If you thought the SOS Brigade's adventures couldn't get any more outrageous...you've never met Haruhi-chan! Nagato has gone otaku! Asakura is her pint-size prisoner/plaything! Mikuru's so cute she turns into a sheep! You'll find plenty of gags and guffaws as Haruhi dives into the world of four-panel and short comics!!
Published October 26th 2010 by Yen Press (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan

Natlie
This is my favorite parody manga of all time. I would honestly tell someone to watch/read the legitimate anime/manga series just so they would be able to understand how ridiculously hilarious this parody is. I guess you can say the parody series is better than the actual series to me. That's saying something, friends, seeing as I'm usually the type of person who likes more serious plotlines as opposed to entirely comedic ones.

If you've read or watched the series already and haven't read this par
Nhi Nguyen
I found this book very cute and funny. I recomend it to any Haruhi fans.
D.M. Dutcher
Like the other reviews, you need to have a familiarity with the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya to get a lot of the humor in the book. It's pretty funny if you know about it, but it's not like say .hack//4Koma where the humor is based on making the characters weird and you can still pick up on it despite little knowledge of the game. Instead its based on subverting what happened in the books, and riffing off of it. If you're not a fan, don't bother with this.
Layla
I didn't really finish the book. It just didn't keep my attention.
Kaitlin
My fandom for the Haruhi Suzumiya<\i> series runs deeps, so I throughouly enjoyed the Haruhi-chan<\i> manga. I'm not sure that non-fans of the series would quite be able to follow. It is cute and funny, but there is much more to be gained from it when you are familiar with the characters.
Laura Carlin
Worth reading if you're a Haruhi fan. If you're not a Haruhi fan I doubt you'd get much out of it.

Still for fans, it's a fun little manga. It's mostly made up of 4 panel shorts which are sometimes funny, sometimes not. I enjoyed it, but not as much as the main series.
Jenny
Jun 05, 2011 Jenny rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Haruhi Suzumiya fans
pffft XD hahahahahahaha! i love this book so much!!
Aviantei
Aviantei marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Satou
Satou added it
Jul 27, 2015
Sigrid
Sigrid marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Dylan Murphy
Dylan Murphy marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Catriana
Catriana marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Kent Nguyen
Kent Nguyen marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Naailah Patel
Naailah Patel marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
Sarah added it
May 23, 2015
Nicholas Artates
Nicholas Artates marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
ZEE
ZEE marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
  • Lucky Star 4 (Lucky Star, #4)
  • K-ON! vol. 01 (Indonesian)
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 3 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #3)
  • Higurashi When They Cry: Cotton Drifting Arc, Vol. 1
  • Neko Ramen: Hey! Order Up!
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 07 (Yotsuba&! #7)
  • Toradora! Vol. 2
  • Penumbras (Middle School Magic, #2)
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion: Angelic Days Volume 3
  • Love Hina, Vol. 14
Nagaru Tanigawa (谷川 流 Tanigawa Nagaru)

Nagaru Tanigawa is a graduate of the Kwansei Gakuin University School of Law. In 2003, he won Kadokawa's Grand Prize for Literary World for his work on the Haruhi Suzumiya series.
More about Nagaru Tanigawa...

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-Chan (9 books)
  • The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan: The Untold Adventures of the SOS Brigade, Vol. 02
  • The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan: The Untold Adventures of the SOS Brigade, Vol. 03
  • The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan: The Untold Adventures of the SOS Brigade, Vol. 04
  • The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan: The Untold Adventures of the SOS Brigade, Vol. 05
  • The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan: The Untold Adventures of the SOS Brigade, Vol. 06
  • The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan, Vol. 7
  • The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan, Vol. 8
  • The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan, Vol. 9
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Vol. 1 (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, #1) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi Suzumiya, #1) The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi Suzumiya, #4) The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi Suzumiya, #3) 涼宮ハルヒの溜息 (Haruhi Suzumiya, #2)