Start by marking “Sticks & Stones (Rachael Flynn, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sticks & Stones (Rachael Flynn, #2)

Sticks & Stones (Rachael Flynn #2)

Critically acclaimed author Susan Meissner?s Rachael Flynn mystery series started with the popular Widows and Orphans. In the second serving of intrigue, Sticks and Stones, lawyer Rachael Flynn receives an unsigned, heart-stopping letter:

They?re going to find a body at the Prairie Bluff construction site. He deserved what he got, but it wasn?t supposed to happen. It was

Published January 1st 2007 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Sticks & Stones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sticks & Stones

Lisa
Jul 20, 2016 Lisa rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction-meissner
This second entry in the Rachael Flynn series is better than the first, and I really enjoyed the plot and character development. The plot centers on an old murder of a bully, but the repercussions continue into the present. Susan Meissner, even in these earlier books, was a great writer. There were points when I couldn't put the book down.
Daria Mc pherson cain
Jan 10, 2014 Daria Mc pherson cain rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! You had your mystery that kept you guessing. I could not put the book down. Will look for more books by this author.
Lauraine Snelling
Dec 01, 2014 Lauraine Snelling rated it it was amazing
Can't go wrong with a Meissner book!
Siri
Nov 13, 2016 Siri rated it liked it
Barely a 3. Sorry, too far stretched for me.
Gayle Cappelluti
Nov 21, 2015 Gayle Cappelluti rated it really liked it
Once again, Susan Meissner writes about Rachael Flynn and her uncanny ability to follow her instinct, that still small voice, this time to solve a crime that had gone unsolved twenty-five years earlier. In Sticks and Stones, we read about a neighborhood bully and the victims who suffered at his hands. No one was able to keep this boy in check, not his abusive parents, not his teachers, not even the victim's families. Finally, Bucky, the heartless perpetrator, disappeared from the neighborhood - ...more
Louise
Apr 10, 2009 Louise rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
From back cover:

"They're going to find a body at the River Terrace construction site. He deserved what he got, but it wasn't supposed to happen. It was an accident."

"Lawyer Rachael Flynn has only been at her new job in the Ramsey County attorney's office for four months when she receives an unsigned letter with the startling message.

Two days later the predicted body is found, but to everyone's astonishment, the remains have been buried for at least 20 years. When the body is identified as that o
Shirley Worley
Apr 02, 2013 Shirley Worley rated it really liked it
Over time, Lawyer Rachael Flynn has received three letter about the accidental murder of a local bully. When the body is discovered, twenty five years after the murder, a search is made to find the writer of the letters, who they hope will lead them to the murderer. Rachel and her husband, Trace enlist the help of his artist friends to help conjure up renderings of the possible scenarios that might have happened. They each have a different 'gift' that presents itself in their interpretations ...more
Elaine
Nov 16, 2014 Elaine rated it it was ok
I get the idea this book was written by a Christian author but interestingly enough most of the main male characters have gay attributes while Will and Rachael are a little too chummy even through she's married to someone else. Rachael almost always seems to run the show, telling what she wants to do while Detective Will gives in. He's either crazy about her or a pushover.

In any event, the plot itself is interesting: A cold case of about 20 years ago. Rachael received a letter regarding a body t
Linda Day
Jun 13, 2010 Linda Day rated it liked it
3.5 actually ... just a good mystery and w/o blood and guts on the wall, or folks cavorting in bed, or foul and filthy language ! Refreshing !

Basically, this is a story about bullying gone amuck, It is #2 in a series, and I wish I had read #1 first as it left me in the dark on some of the characters that I think I should have known more about.

Meissner is a Christian author and so there are some spiritual promptings that are simply accepted as a part of crime solving that I think are not necessa
Just - The romance reader
Apr 17, 2009 Just - The romance reader rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Susan Meissner.
I read book #1, then book #3, and have now read book #2 in the Rachael Flynn Mystery series. I very much enjoyed the series. With the other two books once I started them, I couldn't seem to put them down. This one I found a little less captivating, but I think that was mostly because of the timing - Sticks and Stones was coming up due at the library so I read it eventhough I wasn't in the mood for a mystery at the moment.

The characters retained their usual depth and interesting personalities. I
Clara Dearmore Strom
Susan Meissner is the author of The Shape of Mercy. I read it a couple of months ago. A very good storyteller. She tackles tough issues. Sticks and Stones is about bullying and the lifelong affect it can have on the children that are victims. Main character is Rachael is an attorney who gets drawn into a cold case when the "killer" writes her a letter.
This was a good read and I plan to read her others.
Pam Herrmann
Apr 09, 2016 Pam Herrmann rated it really liked it
First of all- a Minnesota author! Bonus points! <3
Rachel is a lawyer and she has a gift of being able to use her intuition to solve mysteries. A body is found and the body is identified as a teen that went missing over 20 years ago. Turns out he was the neighborhood bully and there were plenty of suspects.
I enjoyed the story and how Rachel used her gift to find out the truth even after many tried to cover things up.
Anna Mcfadden
Aug 13, 2015 Anna Mcfadden rated it really liked it
As lawyer Rachel Flynn trys to settle in to her her j I b with the D.A's office and moving back to her hometown with hubby artist Trace and babu girl McKenna she receive a letter stating a body will soon be found and even though he deserved to what he got it was an accident. Rachel and her homicide Detective friend Will starts to unravel all the pieces of a 25 year old crime with the help of Trace and their artist friends
Sue Klasing
I expected to enjoy this more than I did. I had to push myself to finish it as it dragged on to a rather anti climatic conclusion. I'll probably still read the third book in this series, maybe it was just my mood that made this one uninspiring.
Dawn
Jan 28, 2016 Dawn rated it it was amazing
Love this author so much. I am searching for more of her later books.Susan Meissner
Ruth
Oct 23, 2014 Ruth rated it liked it
Rachael was sort of stupid in this book as far as deduction goes. I figured out "who did it" and the cause long before she did...
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2014
Norma
Norma rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2013
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2011
Jennifer Vert
Jennifer Vert rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2015
Carolyn Shaw
Carolyn Shaw rated it really liked it
May 22, 2016
Michele
Michele rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2008
Ranee
Ranee rated it really liked it
May 30, 2016
Valerie Teeling
Jul 31, 2011 Valerie Teeling rated it liked it
This tackles the tough subject of bullying with a mystery, God-insights and Rachel's unique life.
Britta
Britta rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2009
Susan Wilson
Susan Wilson rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2011
Winn Whaley
Winn Whaley rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2012
Jennifer rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2007
Kendra
Kendra rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2015
Kelley Christman
Kelley Christman rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Blind Dates can be Murder (Smart Chick Mysteries, #2)
  • Tomorrow's Treasure (East of the Sun #1)
  • On Sparrow Hill
  • Playing with Fire (The Secret Life of Samantha McGregor, #3)
  • Reconstructing Natalie
  • Catch a Rising Star (Drama Queen #1)
  • Savannah by the Sea
  • Tying the Knot (Deep Haven, #2)
  • The Reliance (Legacy of the King's Pirates, #2)
  • Straight Up
  • Echoes (The Michelli Family Series #3)
  • The Exiles (The Creole #1)
  • Texas: Pioneer Hearts Are Open to Love and at Risk for Danger in Four Interwoven Novels
Susan Meissner was born in San Diego, California, the second of three. She spent her childhood in just two houses.
Her first writings are a laughable collection of oddly worded poems and predictable stories she wrote when she was eight.

She attended Point Loma College in San Diego, and married her husband, Bob, who is now an associate pastor and a chaplain in the Air Force Reserves, in 1980. When sh
More about Susan Meissner...

Rachael Flynn (3 books)
  • Widows & Orphans (Rachael Flynn, #1)
  • Days & Hours (Rachael Flynn, #3)