Start by marking “Katie's Redemption (Brides of Amish Country, #1)” as Want to Read:
Katie's Redemption (Brides of Amish Country, #1)

Katie's Redemption (Brides of Amish Country #1)

4.26  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,048 Ratings  ·  71 Reviews

After two years away, Katie Lantz returns to her Amish community nine months pregnant--and unmarried. With nowhere else to turn, she nervously knocks on her family's door, fearing she'll be shunned. Yet the handsome stranger who now owns the farm welcomes her in--just in time for Katie to give birth.
Carpenter Elam Sutter and his kindly mother care for Katie and her newbor
Published March 1st 2010 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Katie's Redemption, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Katie's Redemption

Yvonne
Jul 07, 2016 Yvonne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good Amish read!
Paula-O
Nov 19, 2011 Paula-O rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is a wonderful amish story by Patricia Davids "Katie's Redemption". Katie really had a hard life from the time she was born, she was in a fire that killed most of her family at a very young age and an older brother raised her, He was a very strict man and she did not know much love even though she grew up in an amish comunity where Love always abounds. She was ennamored by a young english man she met when he visited in the comunity when she was a teenager and she left with him thinking this ...more
Terri
Jan 03, 2012 Terri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Katie's Redemption is a typical Amish-themed, Christian romance. It is very well-written with no glaring editorial issues. There are, however, a few "Amish" issues. Perhaps it is a difference between the Amish that the author is familiar with and the Amish that I am familiar with.

Despite that issue, I would definitely recommend this book. I really liked the character development of this book. Not only did the author develop the characters well as the story progressed, but she very adequately po
Jess
Dec 30, 2015 Jess rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"4 out of 5 stars! Katie is a nine months pregnant ex-Amish woman who is down on her luck. After her boyfriend abandons her, she realizes she has nowhere else to go but back to her overbearing brother’s home. Yet, not long after she travels to Hope Springs Katie learns that her brother sold their farm and at that same moment, she goes into labor. Thankfully the new owner of the farm, Elam & his mother Nettie, are kind souls who generously help Katie with the birth and get her back on her fee ...more
Vickie Morgan
Nov 02, 2015 Vickie Morgan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To be welcomed into a strangers home brings hope to the weary. That's what Katie's Redemption conveyed to me. Hope for the weary, love for the unlovable, and forgiveness all around.

My favorite character was Elam's Mother Nettie. Her warmth is what gave Katie the peace she so desperately needed at that time. She impressed me when she opened her home to care and pray for someone in need. She was just a lovable character who tries her best to be like God wants us to be.

I also have a character I tot
Cayla
Nov 08, 2015 Cayla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a lovely read and I'm very glad I downloaded it! Katie is a sweet girl who desperately wants to make amends---to be accepted again into the community that she left. After a long absence, she returns to her brother's house only to find that he no longer lives there. Nine months pregnant and unmarried, this is not the best kind of scenario to return home under as Amish families have very strict beliefs.

Katie feels awkward (and probably awful too!) for suddenly intruding into the home of s
Collene
May 28, 2010 Collene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was really impressed with the writing. Loved the story.
Sally Hannoush
Sep 27, 2015 Sally Hannoush rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I hadn't read an Amish story in a really long time. This story reminded me how nice it was to read about a lifestyle that is different than mine while still bringing common feelings and problems to the open. This was a good story that was well written and had a happy ending. The book included a "question for discussion" section at the end. That is great for a book club because the questions gives us a lot to talk about. I read this book for House Party and think using the questions from here wou ...more
May 05, 2010 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Title: KATIE’S REDEMPTION
Author: Patricia Davids
Publisher: Steeple Hill Books
March 2010
ISBN: 978-0-373-87583-2
Genre: Inspirational/contemporary romance/Amish

Katie Lantz ran away from home with her English boyfriend, but when her boyfriend ups and leaves her, claiming she’s backward and trying to force her into marriage, Katie has no place to go, but back home. Nine months pregnant, she takes a bus to her brother’s house, prepared to do and say whatever is necessary to find a home.

Elam Sutter an
Toni Shiloh
I enjoyed this read. Love Inspired stories always deliver a sweet read. This was my first book by Patricia Davids and I enjoyed reading about Katie Lantz.
Katie has returned to her Amish home pregnant and unwed, only to fine that her brother no longer lives there. Right away the premise grabbed me. Ms. Davids kept my interest as I waited to find if Katie would return to her roots or to the world at large. This is a great story about finding yourself and wanting to belong.
Shari Larsen
Katie Lantz returns to her Amish community after 2 years away, unmarried and pregnant. She has nowhere else to go, and nervously knocks on her brother's door, the one who shunned her. She is surprised when a handsome stranger, who now owns the house, opens the door, just in time for Katie to give birth.

Carpenter Eli Sutter and his mother care for Katie and her newborn in a loving way that she never dreamed was possible, and she feels a tug of yearning to return to her Amish roots, yet she is con
Kayley
Mar 06, 2016 Kayley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this one. It's obvious from the beginning how it'll end up (happily ever after!), but there were enough conflicts and twists that I still enjoyed it. Now I need these apps to stop suggesting Amish fiction with over 4 stars. I didn't even know that was an actual genre until recently.
Carolyn Justice
Dec 09, 2015 Carolyn Justice rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I recommend this book!

This is an excellent story with very believable and enjoyable characters. I quickly became so involved in their lives that I had trouble putting down the book. It had some good teaching on forgiveness, honesty, and true Christian love and charity, too.
Maureen Timerman
Jan 30, 2011 Maureen Timerman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-read
After two years away, Katie Lantz returns to her Amish community nine months pregnant and unmarried. With nowhere else to turn, she nervously knocks on her family’s door, fearing she will be shunned. Yet the handsome stranger who now owns the farm welcomes her in – just in time for Katie to give birth.

Carpenter Elam Sutter and his kindly mother care for Katie and her newborn in a loving way she never dreamed was possible. But in the face of a heart wrenching choice, Katie learns just what family
Tanella
Nov 26, 2015 Tanella rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet Amish story

I loved the sweet, clean , simple romance. It was unfettered with raunchy and complex behavior. Seeing Katie choose to make her way back to her community and faith was sweet. Recommended for a quick curled up in bed on a cold night read.
Kristina
Feb 02, 2016 Kristina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a lovely novel when I needed a break from all the seals, bosses, and billionaire stories. The author did a fine job with her character development and didnt make the story overly sweet and sappy. I felt invested in the characters and rooting for them.
Pam
Oct 29, 2015 Pam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

Five stars! My first book book by Patricia Davids and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The plot was good and the characters engaging. Little mystery and drama thrown in there too. I highly recommend this book and will look forward to more from her.
Sheila Siler
Nice, sweet and appropriately "plain".

Nice and simple, an old fashioned love story. Katie finds herself in a bad spot, and in returning to her roots out of desperation - she finds everything her heart and soul are looking for. A sweet story.
Aida
Sep 26, 2015 Aida rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. It's a fun way to get away from reality and simply relax with a good book. I liked the story line and the love story. It's interesting how unforgiveness can hold a person captive and keep them from discovering the blessing behind true redemption.
Paulette
Oct 14, 2015 Paulette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Sweet Read

This book is easy reading with you wanting more....I had trouble putting it down. Leaving the Amish in her youth due to an overbearing brother? Finding herself being left and pregnant by her boyfriend, where to, what to do....
Judy
Oct 20, 2015 Judy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well done, for a first time writing about the amish you had all the names , manners and cultures right. Wonderful story and the discription of the lifestyle, homes, how they make a living very informative. Looking forward to your next book.
Robin Malek
Sep 19, 2015 Robin Malek rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet amish

Can 2 hearts become 1? Can God talk sense into 2 people who might not be lstening to what they are hearing... Ms. David's finally got them to hear in such a way that even I heard. Lovely!
Tammy
I have to say that this book was awesome. I just couldn't put it down. I read it in two sittings. I just kept me interested the whole time.

Katie has had such a hard life and finding where she fit in has been difficult for her, her whole life. She never felt like she truly belonged anywhere and never had the real meaning of a family. I felt so bad for her with everything that she had been through.

This book really brings you in to how Katie is feeling. Elam is such a warm but standoffish type of p
shirlene brown
A good book to read

I love to read about the Amish and there way of living. Keep always wondered how they live
And how they worship if u are in to these kind of books this is one to read
Margaret G. Whitlock
I love reading about people with a deep and abiding love for the Lord our Savior.

Well researched and well written. The joy of a simple life spent loving and serving God is on every page.
Eunice Halbedel
Oct 22, 2015 Eunice Halbedel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Learning about the Amish

I really enjoyed reading about some new Amish customs that I did not know of before such as the women receiving commission for the products they made.
Susan Borck
Sep 20, 2015 Susan Borck rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great book

I really enjoyed this book. Patricia Davids has done a great job of writing her first amish story. It was a joy to read and I can't wait to read more of her work.
Dianne
Oct 31, 2015 Dianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was a really sweet story of faith and love. This was my first book by Ms Davids and I look forward to reading more of her books. I highly recommend it.
Virginia C
Oct 27, 2015 Virginia C rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story

This was truly a wonderful story. Characters were wonderfully written and developed. I truly enjoyed this book, and would recommend it to anyone.
Norma
Sep 23, 2015 Norma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful and inspiring

What a wonderful and inspiring story this was!! It has many Christian values and was very clean. I want to read more by this author.
Madison Mega-Mara...: #184 - Katie's Redemption 1 1 Nov 03, 2015 07:04PM
  • Anna's Gift (Hannah's Daughters, #3)
  • Rebecca's Promise (Adams County #1)
  • Abigail's New Hope (Wayne County, #1)
  • A Stranger's Wish (Amish Farm Trilogy, #1)
  • A Place of Peace (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #3)
  • Fields of Corn (Amish of Lancaster #1)
  • Beside Still Waters (The Big Sky Series, #1)
  • Wild Horses (Sadie's Montana, #1)
  • Going Home (Brides of Webster County,#1)
  • Treasuring Emma (Middlefield Family, #1)
  • An Amish Gathering: Life in Lancaster County
  • Sarah's Gift (Pleasant Valley, #4)
I was born and raised in Northcentral Kansas. I'm a farmer's daughter, but I now make my home in the city of Wichita. I'm an RN. Neonatal nursing has been the main focus of my career. What can I say? I love babies. I was invited to the highschool graduation of a baby I took care of. Talk about making me feel old!

In June of 2011 I became a widow after my husband of 36 years and 11 months died from
More about Patricia Davids...

Brides of Amish Country (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Doctor's Blessing (Brides of Amish Country, #2)
  • An Amish Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #3)
  • The Farmer Next Door (Brides of Amish Country, #4)
  • The Christmas Quilt (Brides of Amish Country, #5)
  • A Home for Hannah (Brides of Amish Country, #6)
  • A Hope Springs Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #7)
  • Plain Admirer (Brides of Amish Country, #8)
  • Amish Christmas Joy (Brides of Amish Country, #9)
  • The Shepherd's Bride (Brides of Amish Country, #10)
  • The Amish Nanny (Brides of Amish Country, #11)

“Life is not meant to be easy, child. That is why we pray for God’s strength to help us bear it.” 1 likes
“Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?” 1 likes