Katie's Redemption (Brides of Amish Country, #1)

Katie's Redemption (Brides of Amish Country #1)

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  359 ratings  ·  24 reviews

After two years away, Katie Lantz returns to her Amish community nine months pregnant--and unmarried. With nowhere else to turn, she nervously knocks on her family's door, fearing she'll be shunned. Yet the handsome stranger who now owns the farm welcomes her in--just in time for Katie to give birth.
Published March 1st 2010 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published 2010)

Terri
Katie's Redemption is a typical Amish-themed, Christian romance. It is very well-written with no glaring editorial issues. There are, however, a few "Amish" issues. Perhaps it is a difference between the Amish that the author is familiar with and the Amish that I am familiar with.

Despite that issue, I would definitely recommend this book. I really liked the character development of this book. Not only did the author develop the characters well as the story progressed, but she very adequately po...more
Collene
I was really impressed with the writing. Loved the story.
Title: KATIE’S REDEMPTION
Author: Patricia Davids
Publisher: Steeple Hill Books
March 2010
ISBN: 978-0-373-87583-2
Genre: Inspirational/contemporary romance/Amish

Katie Lantz ran away from home with her English boyfriend, but when her boyfriend ups and leaves her, claiming she’s backward and trying to force her into marriage, Katie has no place to go, but back home. Nine months pregnant, she takes a bus to her brother’s house, prepared to do and say whatever is necessary to find a home.

Elam Sutter an...more
Paula-O
this is a wonderful amish story by Patricia Davids "Katie's Redemption". Katie really had a hard life from the time she was born, she was in a fire that killed most of her family at a very young age and an older brother raised her, He was a very strict man and she did not know much love even though she grew up in an amish comunity where Love always abounds. She was ennamored by a young english man she met when he visited in the comunity when she was a teenager and she left with him thinking this...more
Shari Larsen
Katie Lantz returns to her Amish community after 2 years away, unmarried and pregnant. She has nowhere else to go, and nervously knocks on her brother's door, the one who shunned her. She is surprised when a handsome stranger, who now owns the house, opens the door, just in time for Katie to give birth.

Carpenter Eli Sutter and his mother care for Katie and her newborn in a loving way that she never dreamed was possible, and she feels a tug of yearning to return to her Amish roots, yet she is con...more
Maureen Timerman
After two years away, Katie Lantz returns to her Amish community nine months pregnant and unmarried. With nowhere else to turn, she nervously knocks on her family’s door, fearing she will be shunned. Yet the handsome stranger who now owns the farm welcomes her in – just in time for Katie to give birth.

Carpenter Elam Sutter and his kindly mother care for Katie and her newborn in a loving way she never dreamed was possible. But in the face of a heart wrenching choice, Katie learns just what family...more
Tammy
I have to say that this book was awesome. I just couldn't put it down. I read it in two sittings. I just kept me interested the whole time.

Katie has had such a hard life and finding where she fit in has been difficult for her, her whole life. She never felt like she truly belonged anywhere and never had the real meaning of a family. I felt so bad for her with everything that she had been through.

This book really brings you in to how Katie is feeling. Elam is such a warm but standoffish type of p...more
Danyrae
Sweet and wholesome. I read in a few hours. I love the different take this book has exploring heartbreaking issues that the Amish face as well as the rest of the world
Gail Mchugh
As sweet as sugar............... Katie had just the right amount of courage and stamina. She was a great character. I loved Elam to bits.
Karen
This one caught my attention in the first chapter and was fairly realistic.
Harlequin Books
"What an excellent read, I thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait for the next book. It shows that the author Patricia Davids did a lot of research. It definitely shows through the Amish information, their language, their traditions, beliefs and clothing plus their very strong belief in following God's wishes." From a review posted by an eHarlequin.com member, read more Here.
Janice Aitkens
I read this on the kindle

It was a nice story but you knew what happens just by the title it didn't hold any surprises as such but was a nice story a easy one to read & i read it in a day

I have read other ones from this author & they are all okay but typical of the Mills & Boon books which always is predictable but nice as i said a easy book to read by the fire on a winter's evening
Lynn Spencer
A quick read and a very sweet book. I don't normally read much Amish romance, but this was a nice, feel-good story. The conflict involving the heroine who left behind her Amish upbringing and then returned to her community as a single mother was believable, and this book was better written than the(admittedly few) other Amish books I've tried.
Anne
I haven't read the Amish Brides Series in order, but I have enjoyed each and everyone that I have read so far. I love learning about the Amish people and their amazing faith in God. I loved Katie's Redemption because it reminds us all of God's gift go us so that we can be redeemed like Katie.
Phyllis Swain
Can Katie find her way back to God as an Amish woman?
I loved this book! I love the redemption that all the Characters had to go through in order to learn and lesson. Great story and I can't wait until the next one comes out! I've not read any Amish books lately, but this one got me in the mood for more!
Cupoftea
Patricia David"s Katie's Redemption was a nice read. Katie comes home to her Amish family only to find them gone. She meets an Amish family much nicer than hers and therein lies the tale.
Tabatha Terry
I'am a sucker for Love Inspired books... This was AWESOME. Had a great story line we all can relate to. Straying away from God and finding our way back. LOVED IT!
Veronica
This book was cute I guess, I read it because I thought it sounded interesting and different and it was but maybe this kind of story isn't my thing.
Clara Roberts
This was purely escape reading. I enjoyed it but learned nothing but I did not find it particularly entertaining.
Joanne Stein
The Love Inspired books are generally sweet and thoughtful and the Amish focus of this book was very enjoyable.
Peggy McKinstry
Love this Amish story. Heartwarming story about a girl finally finding a place to call home.
Cheryl Tollestrup
Very enjoyable Christian romance novel....tender, sweet, and innocent!
PWRL
May 13, 2011 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-new
A
Krystal Gibson
Krystal Gibson marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Hillary
Hillary marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Trish Mitchell
Trish Mitchell marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
  • Courting Ruth (Hannah's Daughters, #1)
  • An Amish Family Reunion
  • Rebecca's Promise (Adams County #1)
  • The Wounded Heart (Amish Quilt, #1)
  • A Stranger's Wish (Amish Farm Trilogy, #1)
  • A Place of Peace (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #3)
  • An Amish Gathering: Life in Lancaster County
  • A Man of His Word (Hearts of Middlefield, #1)
  • Winter's Awakening (Seasons of Sugarcreek, #1)
  • Beside Still Waters (The Big Sky Series, #1)
  • Patchwork Dreams (Amish of Seymour County, #1)
  • A Promise for Miriam (The Pebble Creek Amish, #1)
  • Kate's Song (Forever After in Apple Lake, #1)
  • Sarah's Garden (Patch of Heaven, #1)
I was born and raised in Northcentral Kansas. I'm a farmer's daughter, but I now make my home in the city of Wichita. I'm an RN. Neonatal nursing has been the main focus of my career. What can I say? I love babies. I was invited to the highschool graduation of a baby I took care of. Talk about making me feel old!

In June of 2011 I became a widow after my husband of 36 years and 11 months died from...more
More about Patricia Davids...
An Amish Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #3) The Christmas Quilt (Brides of Amish Country, #5) The Doctor's Blessing (Brides of Amish Country, #2) The Farmer Next Door (Brides of Amish Country, #4) A Hope Springs Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #7)