Start by marking “Benjamin Franklin” as Want to Read:

Benjamin Franklin

You're about to be an eyewitness to the top ten days in Ben Franklin's life, including:

A cunning escape from a cruel brother. A shrewd plan to save the colonies. A treacherous spy game in Paris. A shocking battle with a vengeful aristocrat. And a last-minute triumph that bound American together.
These days and five others shook Franklin's world - and yours.
Published June 2nd 2009 by Aladdin (first published September 2nd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Benjamin Franklin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Benjamin Franklin

Rick
Jul 22, 2017 Rick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read a great deal about Benjamin Franklin including his autobiography. This book gets to the 10 days in Franklin's life that as the cover states "shook his world and yours." It's also interesting to note that selecting ten days is a daunting task with lives such as Franklin's who lived 30, 761 days.
It's a good read and Colbert has written others in this series which I do plan to pick up and read.
Alison John
Dec 09, 2012 Alison John rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
By David Colbert
nonfiction biography
150 pages

This book about Benjamin Franklin, is about 10 days in his, 30,761 days life that changed are world. A couple of the days tied together about him making electricity. If it weren't for him, making this and figuring out how to make electricity, then we might not be to were we are today. In this book, it just explains why/how Ben Franklin changed are world, or who knows where we would be today.

This book wasn't the best. I dont like nonfi
Emily Brent
Nov 28, 2014 Emily Brent rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It isn't your typical biography that is boring and just gives you dates in the subjects life, this book tells you about ten specific days that affected both us and the subject. It's kind of like ten small moments, like a narrative within a biography, and that's really cool. It's not only interesting, but also funny and factual, because it's giving you the important facts while telling a story. The subject here is Benjamin Franklin, and the book describes how he grew u ...more
Ms. Albert
Nov 17, 2016 Ms. Albert rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
This is one in a series of books which that highlight 10 important days in the lives of prominent people, like Benjamin Franklin. It had good, accurate information and used those ten days to give a clear picture of the sort of person Ben Franklin was, and why he is so significant. The story wasn't told in a very enticing manner, though. I've just finished reading Johnny Tremain, which features other Revolutionary War heroes and was a more interesting read, although that was a work of historical ...more
Louie F
Nov 28, 2016 Louie F rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes nonfiction
I never really have liked nonfiction books and this book does not change my opinion. I guess it could be worse but these books just aren't my thing. I do like however that they got right to the facts and didn't put any unessesary stuff in the book. I learned a few things in here like how him and his brother fought a lot or his experience with printing and stuff. But overall I just don't think that it was a good book
Susan
Jun 07, 2012 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: primary, non-fiction
Colbert has another hite in his 10 Days series. In this book, he picks 10 days of Benjamin Franklin's life that set the tone for future endeavors of Ben and of the United States. The reader follows Ben from the time he runs away from an apprenticeship to strike out on his own to his death 3o,761 days later. Students will love this shortened biography and still learn about Ben Franklin and the start of our nation. I can't wait to see what Colbert's next subject will be.
Jonna VanWienen
This was an interesting book. It revealed information on Ben's life through 10 of his days (with the surrounding story). All of the big events were present. There were a few interesting tidbits. I enjoyed reading about his life overseas.
Lord Jacob
This book was a semi interesting memoir, at times the story was nice, exiting, and very descriptive. but at other times the author made me think, "i would have added a word there", or "This day wasn't very interesting, maybe i should skip to a different day" but overall, it was a good book.
Hudson
Hudson rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2015
Beth
Beth rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2012
Anna W
Anna W rated it it was ok
Jun 04, 2014
Gwen Anthony
Gwen Anthony rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2017
 2 Rachel T
2 Rachel T rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2012
Samantha
Samantha rated it it was ok
Apr 22, 2014
Harry
Harry rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2013
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2013
Hillary
Hillary rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2015
Esther K.
Esther K. rated it liked it
Oct 19, 2012
Christie
Christie rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2015
Kari
Kari rated it really liked it
May 30, 2017
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2014
Kevin
Kevin rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2015
Chloe
Chloe rated it did not like it
Feb 23, 2014
Kathryn H
Kathryn H rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2012
Mrjoslin
Mrjoslin rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2013
kevin thompson
kevin thompson rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2012
Connor Mckelvey
Connor Mckelvey rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2014
Tammy
Tammy rated it liked it
May 07, 2014
Nasreen
Nasreen rated it it was ok
Mar 26, 2013
Laura rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2014