Start by marking “Vampire's Tango (Wicked Games, #2.2)” as Want to Read:
Vampire's Tango (Wicked Games, #2.2)

Vampire's Tango (Wicked Games #2.2)

Vampire Alexandre Renard never met a more intriguing woman than Veronica Marshall. He waited for weeks for the mysterious woman to make her move...and wasn't disappointed when they shared a seductive dance at a Paris tango club. Their passion made him want to savor their embrace forever--even though he knew that Veronica was a slayer waiting for her chance to destroy him.. ...more
Published March 1st 2010 by Silhouette Nocturne Bites

To ask other readers questions about Vampire's Tango, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire's Tango

Viohlet
God what a hunk of shit. This made absolutely no sense. It was like a bad fanfiction written by an unimaginative 12 year old. It was just so bad. It was so fast paced, that the romance and relationship wasn't believable at all, and the characters were weak, lame, and dumb. That's the only way to describe them. An honestly, I thought we were past this whole, 'one bite from a vampire and you will become one too' thing. How are they supposed to feed if this is the case? God.

The writing was stilted
~Vixhen~
Mar 28, 2010 ~Vixhen~ rated it really liked it
Free download from Audible. My first audible book, and I really enjoyed it. It was very soothing to "listen" to a book. I would have preferred to have a male read the male dialogue, however. The story was good - the characters believable. I really enjoyed the fact that they were dancing the Tango, which IMO is the sexiest dance of all! I just may check out other Michele Hauf books.
Jane Doe
Jan 14, 2013 Jane Doe rated it did not like it
Shelves: audio, pnr, shifter, series, romance
I listened to this story and the fake male French accent the narrator use was awful. Overall, didn't really enjoy the relationship between the characters, I do think if I had read this story I probably would have given it more stars, only because of the discriptions the author used about the dances, however, with the narrators voice I just wanted it to be finished.
Bookwatcher
Jul 27, 2010 Bookwatcher marked it as to-read
Plot from audiobook version of this novel (ebook plot is missing)

Faced with an early death, Veronica became a vampire hunte
Kathy
Alexandre - vampire for 100 years - traveled to Paris to put his past behind him (a loved wife, brutally murdered - his own, unrequested conversion)... Veronica - disease that will kill her within the year - trained as a slayer, to do some good before she dies - Alexandre is her target...

and the share a tango... wonderfully verbal description of this physical duet... and the 2nd night, he follows her, rescues her from 2 vampires (killing one), takes her home - they make love... she tries to stak
 * Kazzy * -aka Stryker-
A bit disappointed with this one I'm afraid. This was the story of Alexandre and his love, however I found the storyline a bit 'limp' and without any plot or proper direction, and really just went on about them dancing tango all the time! The reader does get to find out a bit about Alex's history, which helps fill in some gaps in the series overall, but otherwise not that great!

It's a quick read, and a break filler if you have nothing much else to do, and if you have read other episodes in the
Vicci
Jan 03, 2012 Vicci rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This books/audiobook lightly scratches the surface of the intense sexual aspects the storyline I believe was intending to convey. While there is heat between the to main characters, it falls just a little short of the intensity I was expecting. Ms. Hauf does an exceptional job of conveying the nuances of the Tango and the sexual connotations that the dance invokes in its dancers.
Miranda
Mini Review: The language of the dance is carried throughout the story, a very nice integration of literary grace as well as an interesting twist on the basic elements within all paranormal romances.

Visit me at Sweet Vernal Zephyr for my LONG review and some eye candy.
Heather
Apr 16, 2010 Heather rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was a free download from Audible.com, I assume as a way to entice readers to purchase the rest of the books in the series. Frankly, I didn't enjoy the manner in which the book was read, and the story was a sad romp in the vampire sack sandwiched by an over-wrought and predictable plot. I like my vampires with cahones, please.
Lauren
May 19, 2010 Lauren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For such a short story, this is pretty good. Alexandre and Veronica are believeable characters and i liked listening to their story and hearing how it unfolded. And their love story while short was warm and sexy. My only complaint is the narrator mangles Alexandre's French accent. I'll keep my eye out for other Michele Hauf books.
Katriena Knights
Jul 08, 2011 Katriena Knights rated it it was ok
Not a terrible read by any means. The recurring theme of the tango rhythm was intriguing. The characters seemed inconsistent to me, though, and I never quite felt like I got a good sense of who they were.
Kat
Jun 21, 2010 Kat rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
Free, short, and tolerable, which is more than the first 30 minutes lead me to believe it would be.
Tina
Jul 28, 2011 Tina rated it it was ok
Very short! Did not love it.
Brenda Audiobooks Only
A free download from Audible.
Trista
Trista marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2016
Kayla Salmon
Kayla Salmon marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Sandi
Sandi added it
Sep 09, 2016
Lizette
Lizette marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2016
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2016
Dylan Hill
Dylan Hill marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Nancy Franco
Nancy Franco marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Rose Montalvo
Rose Montalvo rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2016
Veronique Simon
Veronique Simon marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
nooker
nooker marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Ditte
Ditte marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
  • A Vampire's Vindication  (Vampire, #3)
  • Crave the Night
  • Mate of the Wolf (The Pack,#7)
  • Midnight Medusa (Mythica #1)
  • Mortal Enemy, Immortal Lover
  • The Secret Vampire Society (Secret Vampire Society, #1)
  • Courage of the Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #8)
  • Dragon Warrior
  • Blood Secrets (Valorian Chronicles #1)
  • The Liger's Mark (Awakening Pride, # 6)
  • Warrior Rising (The Esri #4)
Michele has been writing romance, action-adventure and fantasy stories for over twenty years. Her first published novel was DARK RAPTURE.

France, musketeers, vampires and faeries populate her stories. And if she followed the adage 'write what you know', all her stories would have snow in them. Fortunately, she steps beyond her comfort zone and writes about countries she has never visited and of cre
More about Michele Hauf...

Wicked Games (9 books)
  • The Highwayman (Wicked Games #1)
  • Moon Kissed (Wicked Games #2)
  • After the Kiss (Wicked Games, #2.1)
  • Her Vampire Husband (Wicked Games, #3)
  • Cruel Enchantment (Wicked Games, #3.5)
  • Malakai (Wicked Games, #3.7)
  • The Dark's Mistress (Wicked Games, #3.8)
  • Crave the Night