Judge Dredd: Megacity Masters 01

Judge Dredd: Megacity Masters 01

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  4 reviews
A showcase of the most amazing artwork from the industry's biggest artists to have taken on Judge Dredd and his universe.

2000 AD is Britain’s most celebrated sci-fi comic anthology, which has been at the cutting edge of contemporary pop culture since 1977. The longest running strip in 2000 AD is Judge Dredd and over the years many internationally renowned artists...more
Published August 17th 2010 by 2000 AD (first published March 17th 2010)

Kirsten Coniglio
All about the art: all the beautiful Brits have done a Dredd or two (or 200...), & the Masters series highlights the evolution of the style of today's icons rather brilliantly. In doing so, however, some of the VERY WORST writing is showcased, & complete story arcs are completely overlooked. Not a good intro to the written character for fans of the new film, but a great discussion piece for fanfolk who yell things like "LOOK AT THAT EARLY STEVE DILLON JAWLINE!".
John
I'm not sure if the authors knew how good an idea this was (is). MegaCity 1 and Megacity 2 separated by a desert full of mutants? It's America, as seen by someone whose never been there. Judge Dread, the top man of the elite judges, dispenses justice on the spot, being both Judge, Jury and Cop.
The judge himself is rather nebulous as a character; really it's the unfortunate population of the cities that are the stars, always into some new fad that threatens to go kablooey. It's a comedy of hyperb...more
Vicki-shawn
Jan 20, 2013 Vicki-shawn rated it 4 of 5 stars Recommends it for: old school gritty comic fans
Recommended to Vicki-shawn by: intuition
A fantastic collection of stories and artists from multiple points in the comics life. I have never been a huge fan short stories (which this book mainly contains) But my love for the world of Dredd made that a non issue. This is an awesome book that I am proud to have in my collection. It's not my favorite but it is nonetheless kick-ass.
Lord Humungus

Mostly reprints of much older material that I'd read already. Nothing outstanding, but I appreciate the quality of the printing job since many of these works never received the high quality printing treatment they deserved.
James Armstrong
James Armstrong marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2014
Shana
Shana marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2013
Paul Porry
Paul Porry marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Paul Porry
Paul Porry marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Pete
Pete marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2013
Adam Oliver
Adam Oliver marked it as to-read
May 10, 2013
Jake Masters
Jake Masters marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2013
Man Solo
Man Solo marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2012
Kyle Stults
Kyle Stults marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2012
John Wagner is a comics writer who was born in Pennsylvania in 1949 and moved to Scotland as a boy. Alongside Pat Mills, Wagner was responsible for revitalising British boys' comics in the 1970s, and has continued to be a leading light in British comics ever since. He is best known for his work on 2000 AD, for which he created Judge Dredd. He is noted for his taut, violent thrillers and his black...more
More about John Wagner...
A History of Violence Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 01 Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 02 Star Wars: Shadows of The Empire Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 03