Start by marking “His Mistress for a Million” as Want to Read:
His Mistress for a Million

His Mistress for a Million

3.52  ·  Rating Details  ·  167 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
"Jobless, homeless and penniless: humble housekeeper Cleo Taylor seeks a suitable position of employment. All good offers accepted..."Billionaire tycoon Andreas Xenides seeks beautiful woman for business contract on the luxury island of Santorini. "Terms: mistress for a month. Salary: one million dollars." Training will be given....
Paperback, Large Print, 246 pages
Published March 1st 2010 by Harlequin (first published December 4th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about His Mistress for a Million, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Mistress for a Million

willaful
3.5 stars. I started liking this book when I got to this passage:

“Pretend to be your what?... You must be insane!”

“I assure you I’m perfectly serious.”

“But your mistress? Who even uses that word anymore?”

And though it’s a fairly conventional modern Harlequin Presents, I kept liking it. Andreas is arrogant but not really an asshat... well okay, he does consider getting the heroine pregnant on purpose, but I confess, in a romance that never bothers me. ;-) And there are lots of little touches that
Alex is The Romance Fox
BEWARE.............................
.............LOTS AND LOTS OF SPOILERS.............

So here’s the plot….this really “idiotic” girl from the Australian Outback meets a guy on the internet. Her “nanna” gives her money to travel to London…but what does she do??/ Doesn’t buy a return ticket home (which we all know is cheaper than a one-way!)…but worse than that…she gives the guy...yes from the internet, her money and her “virginity”! And what happens next??? You guessed correctly!!! He dumps her
Lisa Kay
Santorini, Greece
[image error]
Satisfactory if you like Greek billionaires, heroines being used to break-off with hotelier’s assistant/one-night-stand/mistress, revenge plots, makeovers, misunderstandings, heroes who can’t cope with their evolving emotions, and beautiful Greek Islands, all of which I like on occasion. Geez, just imagining Santorini kicks it up a star!
Malika
I have read ALOT of HP and to be honest this one deserves a 3 star at the most but the way the h Cleo made the OW cry was delicious !!! Ahhh if only heroines in other HPs were this smart in dealing with OW :))
Melanie♥
Thought this would be a four star book right up until the end. The confrontation and quick resolution of what should have been a traumatic event was covered in mere pages and then they were off a speedy HEA.
MelissaB
Jun 08, 2011 MelissaB rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this one, it was a nice little story. I liked both leads and especially enjoyed the setting on the Greek island of Santorini, it seemed beautiful.
Victoria
In a word, this book was beautiful. I loved every moment of it. Yes, the story was cliché, with the poor woman more or less being coerced into a deal with the rich guy who has crazy amounts of money... You know the sort. But for some reason, these stories are just wonderful. For some reason, they really bring out the meaning of love to me.

Throughout this book, I never once felt bored, I never once felt that the story was too slow. In fact, I wished the story could have been longer so that I coul
Margaret Fisk
I started reading Harlequin novels when I was a teen. They were quick comfort reads. I knew what to expect and rarely would they exceed those expectations, but they always met them.

Modern Harlequins are more likely to exceed those expectations. The formulary is much less obvious and they usually read like any other book with the exception of the required happy ending. It’s less often that you have a powerless female character who meets a powerful male character and he sheds some of his arrogance
Dianna
Cleo grew up amongst the spinifex and red soil of an outback town. She was the Muriel of Kangaroo Crossing, never expected to amount to much. She fell in love with a Karl on the Internet, and with the money her Nanna gave her she bought a one-way ticket to London. Karl turned out to be yucky. He took her virginity, took her money, and then kicked her out.

For ages in this book, I was under the impression that Cleo had been intending to start a business with Karl. I can get a bit skimmy when I rea
Caroline Yamashita
livrinho de banca fofo!
Esra
May 23, 2013 Esra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Off off Yunanistan'a gitmek istiyorum kitap sağolsun ne de güzel anlatmış :) Fakir güzel(çok güzel değil, kendi tabiriyle) kız ve zengin yakışıklı iş adamının anlaşmalı ilişkileri ve sonrasında rolden gerçeğe dönüşen bir aşk... Karanlık bir şey üzerine kurulu olan hikaye daha sonra değişik bir yöne kaydı... Hikaye her ne kadar oldukça bilindik olsa da hoşuma gitti :)
Songül
Oct 07, 2013 Songül rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Akıcı bir çeviri ve güzel bir kurgu .. Keyifle okunana bir HQ oldu benim için :)
Adriana Fogaça
Magnatas Gregos
Ao Bel-Prazer
Trish Morey
H. Paixão 166
2010

Andreas passa dos limites do bom senso, primeiro faz uma proposta descabida para Cleo, pedido para que ela finja ser sua amante por um mês, em troca da bagatela de um milhão de dólares.

Já que era fingimento porque o grande objetivo dele era levá-la para cama?

Andreas me cansa, apesar de ter sido carinhoso com Cleo, apagando, definitivamente da memória, a primeira vez dela, que foi horrível. Neste ponto tenho que tirar o chapéu, ele foi um v
Carolyn Jenkinson
Very good book

I liked this book because the hero didn't treat the heroine like trash even though he was rich and powerful. The H treated the h well which made me like him even more. Trish Morey you are one of my favorite writers. Keep it up.
Bookabulary
Ahhh, how do I even begin to describe this book? Which would make a review even harder to come up with. The kindest I can say about this was that it was much of a cliché read. It was nothing to get much hyped about though.
Nolile.kdo
Jan 09, 2015 Nolile.kdo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i loved the idea it's kind different but truly i didn't love the end it's just boring
Modesty_b
the story is kinda good in it's own way but i feel there's no depth to the story
Rajitha Fernando
Typical "Mills and Boon" book, but entertaining...
Agathajross
May 17, 2013 Agathajross rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've read this book twice. I like it that I like the hero.
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Mindy Mok
Mindy Mok marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
Shelley
Shelley rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2016
Azeela Afzal
Azeela Afzal marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
Eva
Eva rated it it was ok
Jun 04, 2016
Katie Mccance
Katie Mccance rated it it was ok
Jun 01, 2016
Anna Tan
Anna Tan rated it liked it
May 29, 2016
Eileen
Eileen rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2016
Crystal Messick
Crystal Messick rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2016
  • The Greek Tycoon's Reluctant Bride
  • The Rings that Bind
  • The Innocent's Surrender
  • The Prince's Chambermaid (At His Service, #2)
  • The Italian's Pregnant Mistress
  • Pure Princess, Bartered Bride
  • The Stephanides Pregnancy
  • The Master's Mistress
  • Ruthless Russian, Lost Innocence (Harlequin Presents, #2920)
  • Master of Pleasure
  • Forgotten Mistress, Secret Love-Child (Regally Wed #2)
  • The Billionaire's Housekeeper Mistress (At His Service, #3)
  • Million-Dollar Love-Child
  • Kept by Her Greek Boss
  • One Night Pregnancy
  • From Dirt to Diamonds
319441
Trish always fancied herself a writer, so she dutifully picked gherkins and washed dishes in a Chinese restaurant on her way to earning herself an economics degree and a qualification as a chartered accountant instead. Work took her to Canberra where she promptly fell in love with a tall, dark and handsome hero who cut computer code, and marriage and the inevitable children followed, which gave Tr ...more
More about Trish Morey...