Zombo: Can I Eat You Please?

Zombo: Can I Eat You Please?

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  5 reviews
ZOMBO: Night of the Living Dead meets Monthy Python. ZOMBO; a top-secret government experiment - part zombie, part human ghoul - with a taste for living flesh. Satire and thrills from this all new hero!

When flight 303 en route to Epsilon-6 orbital station crash-lands on the leathal deathworld of Chronos, all is not looking well for the thirthy-three surviving passengers. E...more
Published October 12th 2010 by 2000 AD (first published October 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Zombo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zombo

Kurt Christenson
Totally fun science-fiction satire like only 2000ad can provide. The hero is a half-human, half-zombie, with good manners and a childlike demeanor. The bad guys? Parodies of Russell Brand, Simon Cowell, Walt Disney, the Rat Pack, YouTube obsessed teens, sentient zombified bees (yes, ZOM-BEE)!

Definitely worth a read, but it's a bit gruesome. If you want a fresh take on zombies and solid science fiction, go for it.
Matt
Oct 31, 2013 Matt rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: zombo
Oh. My. Gosh. A zombie superhero fighting a planet designed to kill everything and the cryogenically frozen-but-now-undead head of Not-Walt-Disney? Sign me up.
Timo
Jan 14, 2011 Timo rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: comics
Oh, so funny, so grim and so violent, but most of all, funny! Mr. Ewing bounced in one flash to my short list of writers to follow. Art by Henry Flint, one of my favourite 2000AD artists.
So why not give this five stars? Simply because of the latter part of the book. My wee heart is filled with rage everytime there is singing in a comic. I hate the rhyming that is supposed to be oh-so funny.
Marina Antunes
An interesting take on zombies but not really for me - probably because zombies aren't really my thing!

Love the art and happy to have read it but I really snuck it in. Bought it on purpose for someone else!
David Pain
Really a 3.5 but starts so well that I've gone for the four star treatment. The well-mannered Zombo is completely hilarious and the various supporting characters entertaining too. Some of the later "satire" and settings feel a bit tired and ill-judged but there's some genuinely fresh, funny stuff here.
Elli Papadaki
Elli Papadaki marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Jessica Lacreepshow
Jessica Lacreepshow marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Sean Batezel
Sean Batezel marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2014
Timo
Timo marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2014
Greg
Greg marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Prakash Khanchandani
Prakash Khanchandani marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2013
Paul Porry
Paul Porry marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2013
Twan
Twan marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2013
Jason Allen
Jason Allen marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Clone4
Clone4 marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Loki: Agent of Asgard #1 Loki: Agent of Asgard #2 Loki: Agent of Asgard #3 Loki: Agent of Asgard, Vol. 1: Trust Me Loki: Agent of Asgard #4