Start by marking “An American Amnesia: How the U.S. Congress Forced the Surrenders of South Vietnam and Cambodia” as Want to Read:

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  6 reviews
January 27th, 1973: the United States, South Vietnam, North Vietnam, and the Viet Cong sign the Paris Peace Accords, guaranteeing the right of self-determination to the South Vietnamese people.April 30th, 1975: President Duong Van Minh of South Vietnam announces the nation's unconditional surrender to the North, ending the decade-long conflict and enabling the merger of bo...more
Published 2010 by Beaufort Books

To ask other readers questions about An American Amnesia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An American Amnesia

Alex
I bought "An American Amnesia" to document what I already knew, that after the Vietnam War the USA engineered the surrender and death of millions of Asians. My memory recollects it that way. It was done by the Democrats and that horrific action forced me to abandon the Democrat Party. It upsets me even today. The Republican Party might not be the best...certainly not...but I refuse to call myself a Democrat.

Never again.

I voted for Bruce Herschensohn for Senator against Barbara Boxer. He was ca...more
Aron
If everything you know about the Vietnam War you learned in school, then you need to read this book. The U.S. Congress refused to give support to the South Vietnamese which led to the slaughter and imprisonment of millions in Vietnam and Cambodia. The truth is a shameful tragedy; disgusting and embarrassing. Please read this book and help to avoid repeating the past.
Jeremy Hatfield
History about this conflict has been rewritten with ideological considerations in mind. Herschensohn recounts his personal experiences as someone who had worked in DC at the time.
Ira Langstein
Excellent enlightening work on the events surrounding the 1973 Paris Accords. Terribly written though with digressions and some bad dialogue.
Kevin Goldsmith
My only complaint is that it is not longer! This was a very satisfying read and a great addition to my library.
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Matt
Fast quick and highly charged read.
Douglas Tatelman
Douglas Tatelman marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Phạm Hoàng
Phạm Hoàng marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Meg
Meg marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
Tomáš Zemko
Tomáš Zemko marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Bill Blowers
Bill Blowers marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Abi
Abi marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2014
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Scott
Scott is currently reading it
Jan 13, 2014
Brenda Diefenbacher
Brenda Diefenbacher marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2013
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Jack
Jack added it
Sep 06, 2013
Kelley
Kelley marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2013
Miriam
Miriam marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2013
Farrah
Farrah marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2013
Simon Evangelist
Simon Evangelist marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Coldfeet22
Coldfeet22 is currently reading it
Apr 02, 2013
Kelsey
Kelsey marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2013
Doc
Doc added it
Feb 01, 2013
Stanley Bruce Herschensohn is a fixture in American politics. He has received the Distinguished Service Medal, served as Deputy Special Assistant to President Nixon, was appointed a member of the Reagan Transition Team, and was the 1992 Republican nominee for the U.S. Senate in California. He has been a political commentator on KABC-TV and KABC Radio.

Herschensohn has taught at the University of Ma...more
More about Bruce Herschensohn...
Passport - An Epic Novel of the Cold War Obama's Globe: A President's Abandonment of U.S. Allies Around the World Above Empyrean: A Novel of the Final Days of the War on Islamic Terrorism An American Amnesia: How the US Congress Forced the Surrenders of South Vietnam and Cambodia Lost Trumpets: A Conservative Map to America's Destiny