Start by marking “Tender Rebel (Malory Family #2)” as Want to Read:
Tender Rebel (Malory Family #2)

Tender Rebel (Malory Family #2)

4.13  ·  Rating Details ·  11,971 Ratings  ·  317 Reviews
Scottish heiress Roslynn Chadwick needs the safety of marriage to protect her from an unscrupulous cousin and from the army of fortune–hunting scoundrels who covet her wealth and beauty. And Anthony Malory is everything she has been warned about.
A ruthless, irresistibly handsome English rogue, Malory's sensual blue eyes speak of limitless pleasures. How Roslynn wishes she
Mass Market Paperback, 372 pages
Published June 1988 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Tender Rebel, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Emily there are 12 Malory books!

NiCoLeTa E.
Well, well, well...
It was uncle-Tony's turn!!!
And it was really good to see the womaniser Tony to be tamed from a Scottish heiress with quite a temper...

And this book in this series was lovely!!! Even though i still have a preference to Nicholas Eden!!!
I love this guy and the first book was my favorite...

But Tony and Nicholas were similar characters... That's why they don't like each other!!!
And of course the same happened with James... He and Tony are against to Nicholas and believe me when i
Katrina Passick Lumsden
To me, there's nothing at all enjoyable about watching an irrational bitch treat her new husband like shit merely because of the wrongs she's constructed in her head. It goes on seemingly forever, and is justified as her "Scots temper". How thoroughly insulting to Scottish women. There's a difference between having a temper in justifiable circumstances and making things up to justify treating someone badly merely because you wish to. This would have been an enjoyable read if the heroine had been ...more
Lover of Romance
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance I have been re reading this Malory Anderson series and thought it would be a good idea to review these books as I read them. Tender Rebel is the second book in the series, and what a fun book to read and I loved this one. This is one of my personal favorites to read, although I could say that for many of the books in the series. But I have such fond memories of reading this the first time so many years ago and was quite a blast reconnectin ...more
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
This is probably one of my favorite Malory books, although I think that Anthony is an absolute cad. He is a complete rake, and he certainly gets hoisted by his own petard when he decides to pursue innocent Rosalyn, who's on the lookout for a husband, not a lover. He's never met a woman like Rosalyn, who is Scottish to her toes, and not one to fall easily for his charms. However, he is a Malory, so she does fall, eventually. But she ends up getting the husband she came looking for.

This book has s
Chrissa Vasileiou
Κανονικά θα έβαζα 4 αστεράκια,μόνο και μόνο γι' αυτό το κακομαθημένο πλάσμα που είναι η πρωταγωνίστρια.. Δεν μιλάμε απλά για Σκωτσέζα με ταμπεραμέντο,αλλά για στενοκέφαλο,πεισματάρικο ον με κοκκινόξανθο μαλλί.. Παρόλα αυτά,ο Άντονι Μάλορι παραήταν τέλειος για να του στερήσω την απόλυτη βαθμολογία!
Στο δεύτερο βιβλίο της σειράς,η Lindsey αφηγείται την ιστορία του Άντονι και της Ρόσλιν,ενώ ταυτόχρονα βλέπουμε το πώς εξελίσσονται κι οι ζωές των υπόλοιπων μελών της οικογένειας. Εξαιρετικά καλογραμμέν
Tania Martins
A protagonista feminina Roslynn irritou-me profundamente ao longo de todo o livro, Tony foi mais engraçado e ainda me ri em alguns momentos com ele. Mas primeiro que aqueles dois se entendessem em relação a alguma coisa...
Shelly
Apr 27, 2011 Shelly rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Reb
Oct 22, 2010 Reb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Ah, the beginning of a huge love affair for me. This is the introduction to my "guilty pleasures'. Books that are pure escapism, a bit cheesy, a bit bawdy, but intoxicating, none the less. I fell in love with the Malory's (Tony in particular).....in fact, I want to be adopted by the Malory family. The men, are strong, and a bit unconventional, and their women, equally unconventional and refreshingly strong and independent. Johanna Lindsay is a great narrator, she entwines the reader into the plo ...more
Lia
Jul 17, 2015 Lia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historic-romance
I loved the little stubborn scottish !
Maria
Jun 29, 2015 Maria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Το πρώτο πράγμα που πρόσεξα όταν έπιασα στα χέρια μου το βιβλίο της Johanna Lindsey “Τυφλή Αφοσίωση”, το οποίο κυκλοφορεί από τις εκδόσεις Elxis, ήταν το συγκλονιστικό εξώφυλλο του. Ιδανικό για την ιστορία του βιβλίου και τους δυναμικούς του ήρωες. Ήρωες που γνώριζα καλά, πολύ πριν τον βιβλίο εκδοθεί στην Ελλάδα.

Η ιστορία του γοητευτικού και άστατου Άντονι Μάλορι είναι τόσο ιδιαίτερη όσο και ο πρωταγωνιστής της. Τον Άντονι τον πρωτογνωρίσαμε, μαζί με τα περισσότερα μέλη της οικογένειας του, στο
Chumchum_88
Aug 14, 2014 Chumchum_88 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
I was disappointed in this book, I expected more for dear uncle Tony, and I realized from these two first books that there is a pattern, at least one main character is an ass, and in this case it's the dear lady.

I still loved Anthony in here, even thought he acted mean most of the story in retaliation, still I felt him sweet and loving, even in moments when he was giving her a lesson he could help but be tender and devoted to her.

Roslyn in my eyes was a self-centered bitch, I know that I sound m
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Στο δεύτερο βιβλίο της σειράς, τα ερωτικά σκήπτρα της περνάνε στον Άντονι Μάλορι, τον οποίο και γνωρίσαμε μέσα από το "Αγαπάς μόνο μια φορά". Ο Άντονι έχει όλα εκείνα τα στοιχεία που -θεωρητικά- τον καθιστούν ακατάλληλο για μια γυναίκα, όμως παρά του ότι είναι απατεώνας, η γοητεία του είναι κάτι στο οποίο δύσκολα μπορείς να αντισταθείς. Εκτός κι αν είσαι η Ρόσλιν Τσάντγουικ, μια δυναμική Σκοτσέζα που δεν μασάει τα λόγια της, και που προκειμένου να μην παντρευτεί τον υποχθόνιο ξάδερφό της αλλά κα ...more
Susanne
Why was she always so self-centered, never considering anyone's feelings but her own?

Just what I was thinking for the second part of the book. I am so frustrated with this book! I am so glad this is the fourth Malory book I've read because otherwise I might have given up. How can a wonderful author like Johanna Lindsey take to so lovable character and a great villain and screw up the romance?

I love the Malory family as always and I was bouncing up and down in the first part. Anthony is one hot
Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana
RATING: Welp!....It was a great book for something written in 1988. However, the hero is a dick and the heroine is a bitch. The communication issues were petty AS HECK! I just feel like the plot was hellishly lazy and rather bored me at times and dragged on. The characters were not likeable. They were just insanely rich and so they had the time to listen to no one and act selfish as freak. The beginning was so promising! I rather enjoyed her book "The magic of you" ( i think it's called that) H ...more
Sabrina Jeffries
Okay, I'm cheating here, and I don't like them all equally, but I do love the Mallory's. They're all funny. I especially liked Love Only Once (the first book), Gentle Rogue (my favorite), and The Magic of You (where the heroine chases the hero shamelessly).
Meljean Brook
Sep 05, 2009 Meljean Brook rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ah, a total guilty pleasure, this one. I first read it when I was around twelve (I do a joint review with my inner child here) and it's still one of those books that I can open and lose myself in the sheer crack-tastic awesomeness that was late-80's, early-90's Lindsey.
Canan
Apr 07, 2015 Canan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Lee Anne
Mar 06, 2011 Lee Anne rated it liked it
A pretty cute romance, about a Scottish heiress who flees to London to escape marrying her despicable cousin, and falls under the spell of a confirmed rake. I liked how Lindsey keeps you guessing at what obstacles will keep these two apart; for example, you might think that when the heroine mistakes the hero's nephew for his son, this would cause a rift for a large portion of the plot, but instead the misunderstanding gets cleared up almost right away.

Roslynn has a lot of spunk, though for such
Marlene
Feb 19, 2013 Marlene rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books

Roslyn is one of the most Unlikeable Romance Heroines Ever.

I would have given this a 4 stars but the heroine Roslyn Chadwick was such a shrew that towards the last third of the book end I wanted either Anthony Malory or her cousin Geordie to give her a good Spanking. The premise of her putting stupid conditions on a marriage and then over reacting at the slightest hint of indrescretion was totally unbelievable and extremely tiresome as the book went on. She was childish and her spending the mon
Emma
Hated this.
Possibly my least favorite of the Malory series.
The heroine is so incredibly annoying that I cannot stop rolling my eyes.
The plot is stale, the dialogue boring -- I had such a hard time getting through this, and this review is a reminder to myself to never read it again as the completely forgettable storyline might make me re-read it by accident.
Yolanda
Jun 14, 2015 Yolanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
me ha gustado muuucho, Tony Malory es... LOVE. Sus discusiones con su hermano James son...
Titinha Scaeiro
Opinião, em breve... mas ela irritou-me lol
Monica
Jan 28, 2011 Monica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I love Johanna Lindsey!! Her books always make me smile, cry, laugh and just really enjoy my time reading. This is book number 2 in the Malory novels and once again Johanna does a great job in making you love the Malory men and hate them at the same time.

This is the story of Anthony Malory and Lady Roslyn Chadwick. Roslyn needs to marry in a rush so that her cousin doesn't marry her and steal the Chadwick fortune. Roslyn does not have Anthony Malory on her list of possible candidates but when he
FeliciaKaren
Blech!the most god awful sex scene in existence

Her loins were aching, an inferno of moist heat, and when she felt something touching there for the first time, her body instinctively closed around it, hungering for the pressure in that burning region. And it managed to fill her, a glorious, welcoming fullness that she pushed against, locking her legs around him so she wouldn't lose it, finally feeling she had gained a measure of control. She wouldn't let go, and the pressure built in her, grew, u
OceMei Belikova♥
Roslynn yang orang Skotlandia bener2 ce yg super duper keras kepala.
awalnya suka si,cuma dia terlalu merendahkan diri nya sendiri dan suaminy Anthony.kalau aja dia mau lebih percaya dgn kata2 suaminya dan gak gengsi gede2an ,maka gak akan ada konflik berkepanjangan yg buat gw sdikit bosen bacanya.
tapi terhibur dgn adu mulut James - Anthony ,Anthony - Nicholas ^^
overall si bagus cuma konflik berkepanjang agak bosenin.hehe.
tp slalu ending nya buat gw yg tadinya rencanya mau kasi bintang 3 jadi ber
Serban Georgiana
Aug 21, 2014 Serban Georgiana rated it really liked it
Atat de mult mi-au placut membrii familiei Malory !
La prima vedere pare o carte tipica historical romance,dar tot farmecul este det de personajele minunate pe care Lindsey le-a creat.Sunt pline de farmec si de umor,iar situatiile in care-i surprindem sunt pline de suspans.Nici actiunea nu lipseste,pentru ca avem parte de rapiri.Eroina noastra scape singura din toate aceste incercari,dar reuseste sa ma calce pe nervi atunci cand nu are incredere in Anthony.
Acord partu stele,si abia astept sa cite
Mainer207
Apr 26, 2015 Mainer207 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
I am now addicted to Johanna Lindsey's books. I'm sorry it took me so long to discover this series.

This was delightful. Lindsey's books are quite humorous (I sure hope that was her intention) and the characters are colorful and interesting. This book is no exception. I truly enjoyed this.

The one negative I can point to is that the narrator's Scottish accent sounds like an Irish brogue and was a bit distracting. But I've already downloaded Book 3 in this series.
Min Li Li
Feb 10, 2016 Min Li Li rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Regina gibi bir kadın karakterden sonra böyle aptal ve uyuz bir kadın karakteri nasıl yazmayı başarsın yazarcım çok merak ediyorum.

Bir insanin her hareketi mi uyuz olur.Cidden Roslynn Aşk Affetmezdeki karakterden sonra en nefret ettiğim kadın karakterler listesinde zirvedesin.Malory ailesi olmasa çekilmez bu kitap o kadar yani.

4 puanı da Malory kardeşler için veriyorum.Yoksa iki ya da üç puan verirdim.-_-
Lelyana
Dec 10, 2010 Lelyana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Satu lagi kisah seksi keluarga Malory, antara Anthony oh so damn sexy rogue dengan Roslyn Chadwick.
Sebagai playboy paling di minati di Inggris, Anthony bertekuk lutut di kaki Roslyn yg mungil.
Always love malory family's stories..this one was my fave ... love Anthony [image error]
Más libros para Latinoamérica!! 1 1 Apr 20, 2016 11:05AM
  • Guardian Angel (Crown's Spies, #2)
  • The Prince's Bride (Effingtons, #4)
  • On a Wicked Dawn (Cynster, #9)
  • Night Fire (Night Trilogy, #1)
  • Until You (Westmoreland, #3)
  • One Night with a Prince (Royal Brotherhood, #3)
  • A Whisper of Roses
Johanna Helen Howard was born on March 10, 1952 in Germany, where her father, Edwin Dennis Howard, a soldier in the U.S. Army was stationed. The family moved about a great deal when she was young. Her father always dreamed of retiring to Hawaii, and after he passed away in 1964 Johanna and her mother settled there to honor him.

In 1970, when she was still in school, she married Ralph Lindsey, becom
More about Johanna Lindsey...

Malory Family (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Love Only Once (Malory-Anderson Family, #1)
  • Gentle Rogue (Malory-Anderson Family, #3)
  • The Magic of You (Malory-Anderson Family, #4)
  • Say You Love Me (Malory-Anderson Family, #5)
  • The Present (Malory-Anderson Family, #6)
  • A Loving Scoundrel (Malory-Anderson Family, #7)
  • Captive of My Desires (Malory-Anderson Family, #8)
  • No Choice But Seduction (Malory-Anderson Family, #9)
  • That Perfect Someone (Malory-Anderson Family, #10)
  • Stormy Persuasion (Malory-Anderson Family, #11)

“Anthony grinned at her, knowing that would probably infuriate her all the more. "My eyes have been a-wandering, as you put it, for the last nineteen years. Give them a rest, Roslynn. They settled on you and don't want to move on.” 36 likes
“Anthony: Now lower your dress a little-
Roslynn: Anthony!
Anthony: This is no time for offended modesty... You're the distraction.
Roslynn: Och, well, in that case.
Anthony: That's quite low enough, my dear...
Roslynn: I was only trying to help,
Anthony: Commendable, but we want the chap to ogle you, not bust his breeches.”
34 likes