Start by marking “The Hunted (Tom Clancy's EndWar, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Hunted (Tom Clancy's EndWar, #2)

The Hunted (Tom Clancy's Endwar #2)

She's known as the Snow Maiden-an operative of a secret group dedicated to world domination. To get their hands on her, U.S. Special Forces Captain Alexander Brent and his team will have to outmaneuver a terrorist faction bent on wiping her off the face of the earth.
Mass Market Paperback, 385 pages
Published February 1st 2011 by Berkley Books

Andrés
I'm a "Red Storm Rising" alum, so when I heard of Tom Clancy's Endwar I figured that maybe, just maybe, we would be introduced to a similar tale though, naturally, under the guise of an entirely different war and written by a different author. It was an attractive notion, so I bought the first book of the series and gave it a pass. It was nowhere near the scale of Rising, but I figured the war would span several books, so I was hopeful.

Then came "The Hunted." I was suspicious right from the get-
Jeff
Nov 06, 2011 Jeff rated it really liked it
Tom Clancy's EndWar: The Hunted by David Michaels is the sequel to Tom Clancy's EndWar, also by Michaels. Both books are based in the universe established in the video game "Tom Clancy's EndWar." The book is set during a future World War 3 scenario, and like it's predecessor, swaps between different characters; In this case, it focuses on Brent, an American special forces team leader, the Snow Maiden, a Russian-spy turned mercenary working for her own interest, Manoj Chopra, a ex-financial ...more
Travis L.
Jun 22, 2012 Travis L. rated it liked it
I guess I should be honest and say that I read this sequel before reading the first in the series. Perhaps that was my mistake, and perhaps it was the only reason why this sequel got three stars in my mind. Either way, I will have to revisit this review after I read the first book in the EndWar series.

The characters in this book were hard to view realistically. It seemed the stereotypical set of misfits you see in so many movies like S.W.A.T. or even videogames like Bad Company: the aging leader
08andreb
Mar 11, 2012 08andreb rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-reports
In 2021, a nuclear exchange has devastated the Middle East and the resulting lack of oil has driven the world economy into the toilet. In a desperate attempt to control what oil is left in the world, Russia tries to invade all remaining oil-producing countries, plunging the world into World War III. This is the setting of Tom Clancy’s Endwar: The Hunted. This is second book in the series and takes place immediately after the end of the first book.
This book starts out with a flash back of the ma
Mark Kloha
Apr 22, 2014 Mark Kloha rated it it was ok
The author of this book must have just finished watching Die Hard: With A Vengeance. Oh my goodness, terrorists are trying to steal gold from a secure location. The hero in the book isn't much of a hero. The bad guy (actually girl) gets away - but she doesn't get the gold. I thought the storyline was a bit predictable with a borrowed plot - just in a futuristic setting.

I thought this was the first book in the series. It is actually the second. Also, I have not played any of the video games that
David Richards
Jun 21, 2011 David Richards rated it it was ok
I was expecting, and very prepared for, a thin plotline and video game prose. What I was not prepared for was the weak writing. If David Michaels does only two things to improve his writing they are as follows, and in this order. He should first remove the word “guy” from his vocabulary (or at least send it off on a long hiatus) and then go take a course on writing similes. Be brave Mr. Michaels and slowly step away from “like” and “as”. Make direct comparisons. The cable was not ‘like’ a ...more
Lon
Sep 22, 2013 Lon rated it did not like it
I am almost embarrassed to admit to trying to read this series. I quickly read the first one in ebook form and liked it. I can't say I gave this book a chance I put it down after 20 pages. I could not submit myself to the corny dialog and obvious video game tie it that this book is. This is not even a serious pulp fiction action adventure. I started to vomit when the "splinter cell" guys where introduce and the dialog that followed.

Skip it. I will try the next one and hope it is less a video ga
James F.
Feb 19, 2016 James F. rated it liked it
A novel that is another example of the franchising of the name of a better-known author. Also another example of a novel that provides a vision of what our world would become in the aftermath of a nuclear exchange.

The narrative works on three levels: (1) technology competing against the endurance of the human spirit; (2) the technology of war as it can be waged by those who have it,i.e. the advantage of having at your disposal equipment which is an almost overwhelming force-multiplier; and (3) t
Lee
Mar 03, 2011 Lee rated it liked it
By David Michaels. Ubisoft Corporation comes through with this enjoyable video game transcription. I liked it b/c I can't figure out all the buttons in modern games. So this is arcade-game entertainment to me. LOL alert: "First Time In Print" emblazoned on the cover. For the ebay resale value-add.

Spoiler alert: bad future guys have vehicle-mounted microwave weapons that are gross in action.
Lindsey
Jul 25, 2011 Lindsey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, books-for-boys
At first I found some difficultly keeping track of all the different characters. Each chapter visited or revisited diffferent protagonists or antagonists but as I continued reading each character had a different feel. I liked the female leads the best, with their hard-core, all-out attitudes and energy.

Favorite quote: "The place stood postcard still."
Francisco J.
Apr 27, 2011 Francisco J. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book made me feel like I was part of the story, experiencing the ups and downs that both the protagonists and antagonistits(major and minor)experienced throughout the book. I was immersed in the reality that the book created.
Marc Dorval
Aug 09, 2011 Marc Dorval rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
A light read. Predictable, two-dimensional. I picked it up from a shelf, read it in a few hours, and found it a relaxing experience. Perfect for a no-thinking vacation experience! My first Ghost Recon novel, and likely my last. Not filling enough...
Mainrun
Feb 03, 2013 Mainrun rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
This was a birthday gift. It was a sequel. The first book was referenced I think. It didn't make things confusing. "The Hunted" is an enjoyable book. Three quarters through I requested the original "End War." It arrived so I will sign it out and start
J3ssa
Jul 20, 2013 J3ssa rated it liked it
I really enjoy reading these books, there is a lot of action and both were a very quick read. What I didn't like is that It left me wanting more. The character development is shallow and doesn't quite pull you into the story.
Agf04197
May 25, 2011 Agf04197 rated it really liked it
Lot of twist I didn't see coming(and some I did). Really cool book, but wouldn't suggest reading unless you read Endwar(the previous book).
Omar Rabah
Aug 25, 2011 Omar Rabah rated it really liked it
It feels like watching someone playing a video game. I like it. It's refreshing if you want to get back to " reading " after stopping for a while.
Amos
May 11, 2011 Amos rated it really liked it
Of MB 3/16/11. bought two copies left one with DLM 4/2011 started 4/20/2011 c 6 pm finis Friday at 9 pm while at DLM's
Jedi Wright
Apr 18, 2015 Jedi Wright rated it it was ok
Shelves: cloak-dagger
Brain candy pretty much...not even sure when or where I picked it up or when I finished it, but it served it's purpose.
Francis G Wargo
Aug 09, 2014 Francis G Wargo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
GOLFERSAM1@AOL.COM

I always liked Clancy's books but anymore they all seem to be the same.
Will return to them after I read some non fiction.

Karissa
Karissa rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2015
Rick Gaskins
Rick Gaskins rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2014
chris wilcox
chris wilcox rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2015
Carole Garrett
Carole Garrett rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2016
Eric
Eric rated it it was ok
Jun 19, 2012
Eric Altman
Eric Altman rated it it was ok
Jul 24, 2011
Dennis J Fitzpatrick
Dennis J Fitzpatrick rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Martin Upton
Martin Upton rated it it was ok
Jan 26, 2015
Chris
Chris rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2013
Ed
Ed rated it really liked it
May 25, 2016
Nate Brooks
Nate Brooks rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2011
  • Wild Card (Tom Clancy's Power Plays, #8)
  • Combat Ops (Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, #2)
  • War of Eagles (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #12)
  • The Archimedes Effect (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #10)
  • Death Match (Tom Clancy's Net Force Explorers, #18)
  • Cold Case (Tom Clancy's Net Force Explorers, #15)
  • Gameprey (Tom Clancy's Net Force Explorers, #11)

Tom Clancy's Endwar (3 books)
  • EndWar (Tom Clancy's Endwar, #1)
  • The Missing (Tom Clancy's Endwar, #3)