Start by marking “Two Brothers: The Lawman / The Gunslinger (Two Brothers, #1-2)” as Want to Read:
Two Brothers: The Lawman / The Gunslinger (Two Brothers, #1-2)

Two Brothers: The Lawman / The Gunslinger (Two Brothers #1-2)

The Lawman

Marshal Shay McQuillan has a lot on his hands -- stagecoach robbers to hunt down, a murdered fiancée to avenge. He certainly doesn't need an identical twin brother he never knew existed turning up out of the blue and telling him what to do. Even less does he want pretty Aislinn Lethaby trying to rescue him from danger. Because, to tell the truth, Aislinn is a
Published October 1st 1998 by Pocket Books (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Two Brothers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two Brothers

Caro
Feb 16, 2017 Caro rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A really good book. I loved both stories and enjoyed getting to know the characters. Emotions, steaminess, action, some suspense, full and strong characters, written well, and great HEAs. These stories were colorful, full and fun to read. Great for anytime reading. Enjoy!
Ana
Aug 26, 2010 Ana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In case you haven’t noticed, I’m a huge Linda Lael Miller fan-girl and I love her work. Two Brothers is two novellas about, well, two brothers. Per usual, her characterizations are strong and their motivations are logical and clear. The reason I didn’t score this title higher was because both stories felt a little flat to me. Miller’s work normally has a sense of joy or humor and it was missing for me. Even with that said, Two Brothers is a solid read though I’d recommend either the Creed or Mc ...more
Kym McNabney
May 23, 2012 Kym McNabney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a wonderful book, both stories. This kind of writing and captivating story is why I love Linda Lael Miller's, books so much. In the first story, you will not just fall in love with Shay, but also his twin, Tristan. It's a good thing they were both in the same book, so I could go right from one brother's story, to the next. You won't regret reading either of them."
Teresa Snyder
Oct 25, 2015 Teresa Snyder rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was two books in one. The first, The Lawman, was much better than the second, The Gunslinger. The storylines overlapped - it was two identical twins separated at birth discovering each other after 30 years. Both books were good, but I enjoyed the first more than the second.
Jill Twigg
Sep 16, 2014 Jill Twigg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was twofer. Two Novels in one; each one representing a twin. Ms. Miller never disappoints. Her imagination just amazes me.
Catherine
The first story The Lawman was enjoyable. However, I found myself skipping through paragraphs of The Gunslinger just to get finished as I found myself not really caring about the characters. There was no chemistry between them at all.
Ron
Oct 14, 2016 Ron rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading one of the books that my wife had read is always a gamble. But this one was an enjoyable read. The first story about Shay was almost as good as a typical L'Amour tale. The second one with Tristan was good, but not quite as interwoven as the first one.
CJ - It's only a Paper Moon
Nov 19, 2008 CJ - It's only a Paper Moon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: linda lael miller fans, wild west romance fans
Ok, so I finished with the Lawman. It was cute and I liked how the prologue tied together the history of both Shay and Tristan. I think I may have liked Tristan just a smidge better but there was something about Shay that you just wanted to hug. Like the Shay says - people either liked him or didn't. I liked him, I admit. Aislinn - the love interest is not bad, she's a bit too soft and innocent for me but by the end of the book she really comes into her own. It threw me for a loop for a whole of ...more
Mistydawn Thrash
I'm not usually a big "romance" novel type of reader. I find the sex scenes vague and unrealistic and the constant whining and anticipation of the characters annoying. But, that being said, this one wasn't bad. I liked the beginning journal passages and would have realy enjoyed expanding on that story. I liked the idea of twins seperated at birth. I enjoyed the time frame of the wild west and appreciated the fact it stayed true to the code of conduct back in those days. I snickered when I read a ...more
Barbra
Jan 27, 2010 Barbra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The prologue would have been an interesting story in itself as Mattie Killigrew wrote in her journal of her marriage and cross country move with her new husband into uncharted territory by wagon train.

The trip was gruesome for a very pregnant young woman. The day of her last entry in her journal was the day her husband was killed by indians and the very same night she went into labor giving birth to twin boys. Realizing that she would soon be joining her husband, she gave one son, Shamus, to a c
Kasey Riley
Nov 22, 2015 Kasey Riley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting dual novels

This book is an interesting way to tell the stories of two men born within minutes of each other, yet raised in vastly different enviroments. The characters were well developed and the stories well handled. I would have given 5 stars, but I had just a little difficulty accepting the female lead in the second story. Still a good tale, but it requires more "suspension of reality" than I prefer.
Emily Higgins
Aug 21, 2013 Emily Higgins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, western
Twin brothers, Shay McQuillan & Tristan Saint Laurent were separated at birth because both of their parents died on the same day. Years later, Tristan, aided by their mother's remembrance book, locates Shay. Together, they fight the bad guys and discover the love of good women. Two delightful stories!
Lisa C.
Jun 14, 2015 Lisa C. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed these two books and like the fact each brother had their own story. The romance was good, characters were well done and plenty of emotion from all. I rarely give five stars but maybe I was in the mood for a good historical western or the not-so-perfect but exceedingly handsome heroes that made this a very enjoyable read.
Uchelk
this book w3as romantic in country style long time ago. it was a good book but ill recommend to my aunt.HAA HA. it's a more majure book. to tell you the truth it was sort of booooring.i jusrt read it beacuse it was alittle bit interesting
Maura
Sep 27, 2011 Maura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
Set in old West late 1800's with the requisite town saloon, drunk and whores. 2 brothers separated at birth. Book is two novella's. The brothers are young men and each find love. I liked the visual descriptions of the town and country. I wanted to inhabit the world Ms. Miller created.
Recreational Reader
This is really two novellas in a single binding. The first story was more well developed, but still, as with most novellas the characters were only superficially developed. The second "story" I simply skimmed.
Cecelia
I liked this pairing of books. I also appretiated the fact that they are two distinct and full length books and not two stories cramed into one book. The charachters are wonderful and exciting though I felt that The Gunslinger was a little rushed and underdeveloped toward the ending.
Maya
Sep 06, 2012 Maya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hot twin brothers in one story? What can you ask for? This book takes you back in the conservative way of living, western style. I gave it 4 stars because the story is a little predictable. Yet, still a good read! Actually owned this book since it was on sale.
Tiffany
Jun 02, 2012 Tiffany rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-12
My sister picked up this from a flee market for a quarter. I needed something mindless to read by the pool. It was worth a quarter.
Cassie
Jun 27, 2015 Cassie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Two in one? Yes please! Good book from Linda Lael Miller but was there ever any doubt? She is one of my favorite authors, she does not disappoint.
Amber
Mar 13, 2010 Amber rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved how there were 2 books in one - she combined the brothers' stories seamlessly... loved this! I don't know why I'm getting into these romances set in the Old West, but I am ;)
Kasey
Jul 25, 2011 Kasey rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Definitely fell short compared to other LLM books. Slightly entertaining but totally forgetable. I was disappointed. Cool story idea twisting two twins stories together though...
Michele
Jul 09, 2015 Michele rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was actually fairly disappointed in this book. I usually REALLY like Linda Lael Miller but I just couldn't really get into either of these books and had no interest in the main characters.
Christel
Jan 28, 2008 Christel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I pretty well liked this book. Twins do sometimes get seperated at birth and grow apart later to find each other again. Good read, glad I invested in it
Connie Deere
Mar 16, 2009 Connie Deere rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the way the author spun these stories together about the twins. The characters were unforgettable.
Vicki Parsons
Vicki Parsons rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2012
Jacki
Jacki rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2013
Vicki
Vicki rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2012
Cherylee
Cherylee rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2015
Judy
Sep 20, 2010 Judy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
fun, western romances
  • The Texan's Dream (McLain, #5)
  • Bride of Shadow Canyon (Bride, #1)
  • Summer Breeze
  • Open Country (Blood Rose, #2)
  • Outlaw's Bride
  • My Lady Beloved
  • In Our Dreams
  • Audrey and the Maverick (Men of Defiance, #2)
  • Come Spring (Storm Family, #3)
  • Texas Tender (The Cowboys, #12)
  • Shotgun Wedding
  • Touch the Wind
The daughter of a town marshal, LINDA LAEL MILLER is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 100 historical and contemporary novels, most of which reflect her love of the West. The "First Lady of the West" lives outside Spokane, Washington, where her rescued horses, dogs and cats live the high life.

Published since 1983, Linda was awarded the prestigious Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievemen
More about Linda Lael Miller...

Two Brothers (2 books)
  • The Lawman (Two Brothers, #1)
  • The Gunslinger (Two Brothers, #2)