Start by marking “The Skorpion Directive (Agent Micah Dalton, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Skorpion Directive (Agent Micah Dalton, #4)

The Skorpion Directive (Agent Micah Dalton #4)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  186 ratings  ·  22 reviews
The brilliant new Micah Dalton thriller from the New York Times bestselling author.

In Vienna for a top-secret meeting with ex-Mossad agent Issadore Galan, Micah Dalton senses that something is very wrong on the streets of the Ring District. Dalton's aggressive response to enemy surveillance makes him the target of a complex plot with the potential to shatter America's st
Published April 29th 2010 by Putnam Adult

To ask other readers questions about The Skorpion Directive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Skorpion Directive

Alicia
I'm seriously bummed that the next book isn't out yet and there's no news on when it might be published. This series took me by surprise, and I don't want it to end!
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
*Synopsis: In Vienna to meet with ex-Mossad agent Issadore Galan under top secret restrictions, a signal goes off in Micah Dalton's head, causing him to pause at the top of the subway escalator. Indeed, a telephoto shot of him was just made and sent. He glances at an advertising poster and observes the mark--a slash of blue--a pre-arranged code from Galan is telling him it's safe to proceed to the contact point. But this doesn't jibe with what he's feeling in the atmosphere of the old city.

Certa
Raymond
Wow, what an incredibly enjoyable novel! I would really like to have a plaque with text from the ending of this book quoting that super intelligently imagined, amusingly droll and typically bureaucratic report from Pontius Pilate to Rome detailing that historical Crucifixion!
Some time ago, my wife and I visited Casablanca and that impressively large Hassan II Mosque so it was quite interesting that site is a focal point in this imaginative novel. We have also enjoyed our tour of Gibraltar (inter
Catherine Nelson
This is the fourth book in the Micah Dalton series. Micah Dalton is a cleaner for the CIA, so his work takes him around the world throughout this book, as well as the others. I love these books.
The stories are great—lots of suspense and thrills, hand-to-hand fights, gun fights, car chases, explosions, conspiracies—pretty much everything that makes a wonderful story for me. Micah Dalton and the rest of the cast of characters are also engaging, well developed, defined, with just enough organic mat
Annabelle
This is the fourth Micah Dalton suspense novel, and the third I’ve read. The first was great, the second sucked, and this one is in the middle. Micah is a cleaner for the CIA, and usually is operating outside of operations, because as in this novel, he is being set up by the new US administration that wants to show they are sanitizing the CIA. It is never really clear why he is set up, but NATO asks German intelligence to get him for a murder. The author is a former CIA person, and I think Micah ...more
Stefan
Well, when you buy an American thriller, you can expect a lot of fast paced action, ridiculous dialogues and sometimes a sizeable share of jingoism instead of a highly sophisticated novel. That's basically fine by me (I don't have to share the author's view) and "The Skorpion Directive" certainly delivers in that field.

However, there are too many major bloopers in this book to take it seriously. This is especially irksome if you happen to know some of the places described in the book. It starts
Chip Hart
I'm giving this book another chapter and then I'll bail out if it doesn't recover. I so enjoyed the first David Stone I read - The Echelon Vendetta - because it was so unique and the spy-thriller cliches were, at least to me, flavored and spun in a clever way.

This one opens up smoothly but as there is a shift in characters, it's as though a different author takes over. The dialogue gets ridiculous and the behavior of the characters makes less sense. I can overlook a lot - this is literary cotton
Pickleman
Jul 14, 2011 Pickleman added it
Recommends it for: Terri
It's the last in a series of four books that are definitely tied together, and really need to be read in order for the most enjoyment. If you can ignore the political right wing comments and view
points that pop up every so often, it is really an excellent series and I would recommend to anyone. Definitely not for the faint of heart, as there isn't any sugar coating on the action scenes, and there is a lot of action. I had fun reading all four and am kind of sad now that the experience is over.
Greg Lang
Love this series by David Stone. Action, mystery, plenty of plot twists, very likable characters and enough diabolical villains to keep you gripped with suspense. The stories take place in some of the most exotic places in the world. Since I have been to many of those places, I can tell that the author has been there as well by his descriptions. I would recommend this series to anyone who loves books that are impossible to put down and walk away from.
Bill
Nonstop action, plenty of mayhem, and the reuniting of the colorful characters in the author's earlier Micah Dalton series. The plot revolves around Micah Dalton being setup by his employer--the CIA--and how he eventually extricates himself with help from the Israelis, Italians, and various clandestine service types along the way. It is an enjoyable and well told story.
Richard
Another fine written Micah Dalton experience.. The book had the same characters we have come to love and support. The plot/back plot was well researched as well.. Loved the book can't wait for the next David stone thriller. Thanks David for a truly entertaining series, I can't wait for the next installment.
George Copley
american agent is framed for murder of his jewish undercover agent friend and plot follows the set up by his usa cia office. many twists and turns as story develops during his travels with other agents of mossad, italy, russia, ukraine and their efforts to assist to clear his name.
Greer Andjanetta
The first in this series that I have read but well-enogh written that I would try another by this author. This one is about a Muslim plot to carry out attacks in Europe and fix the blame on the US. Not particularly original or outstanding but it reads easily.
Lois
Still like the characters (though I wanted Nikki to have more interaction with her boss/lover), most of whom were in the last book. Satisfyingly difficult-to-kill villain.
Tom Tischler
This is the 4th in a series about Micah Dalton a CIA cleaner.
A cleaner is someone who goes in and cleans up the CIA messes-
Another good story with a lot of action
Roderick
Eagerly awaited it. I really like this series, and am waiting for the silver screeen to adapt them.
Katherine
I quit reading it too much swearing and taking Gods name. So I didn't finish reading the book..
Stephen
Another great book by David Stone. If you want some good spy books you need to read this series.
Paula Howard
Think it is the best of the series. Begins to tie things together.
Kris
fantastic book, great hero!
James
A most excellent read
PWRL
Oct 02, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
O
Jarek
Jarek marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Cary Morton
Cary Morton marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Kumica
Kumica marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
  • Dressed to Kill: A Biblical Approach to Spiritual Warfare and Armor
  • Does Your Tongue Need Healing
  • The Spirit of Python: Identify what constricts your life and kills your dreams
  • This Day We Fight!: Breaking the Bondage of a Passive Spirit
  • By Faith Alone
  • The Cabal (Kirk McGarvey, #14)
  • The Jewish Code
  • The Rules Of Engagement: The Art of Strategic Prayer and Spiritual Warfare
  • Self Incrimination
  • Emotions: Confront the Lies. Conquer with Truth.
  • The Love Revolution
  • The Vigilantes (Badge of Honor, #10)
  • Queen and Country: The Last Run
  • Culture of Honor: Sustaining a Supernatural Environment
  • The Maker's Diet
  • Spiritual Authority
  • The Berlin Conspiracy (Jack Teller, #1)
  • Let it Go: Forgive So You Can Be Forgiven

Agent Micah Dalton (4 books)
  • The Echelon Vendetta (Agent Micah Dalton, #1)
  • The Orpheus Deception (Agent Micah Dalton, #2)
  • The Venetian Judgment (Agent Micah Dalton, #3)
The Echelon Vendetta (Agent Micah Dalton, #1) The Orpheus Deception (Agent Micah Dalton, #2) The Venetian Judgment (Agent Micah Dalton, #3)