Start by marking “Pre-Nup” as Want to Read:
Pre-Nup

Pre-Nup

3.63  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,148 Ratings  ·  92 Reviews
All you need is love? For the residents of swanky Mayfair Estates, a pre-nup is just another item on the wedding to-do checklist-but three friends get more than they bargained for when they promise tolove, cherish . . . and sign on the dotted line.
Published November 25th 2008 by Bantam Books (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Pre-Nup, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pre-Nup

Shonda
Jan 10, 2009 Shonda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2009
Ellie is married to Michael and they appear to be "Ken and Barbie" of Mayfair Estates. Michael works for his parents' real estate company and Ellie is a SAHM for their daughter Hannah. Ellie also volunteers on numerous committees with her mother-in-law Patrice. Ellie thinks she has a solid marriage until she accidentally reads a text message to her husband from his mistress. She's outraged by his betrayal and impulsively declares their marriage is over. Michael begs her to forgive him and inform ...more
April
Nov 23, 2008 April rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance readers, chick lit readers, any woman who's ever been in a relationship (or wants to be)
Recommended to April by: Goodreads.com
My first "chick lit" book and I LOVED it!

I won this from a Goodreads giveaway and I'm really glad I did. The characters are hilarious, complicated, and realistic. I truly enjoyed every page of this book. Not once did I feel the need, as I do in some books, to skim over unnecessary information or useless dialogue. Every page is packed with relevance, humor and genuine feeling. I felt as if I was a fourth (unnamed) friend being allowed to ride along with the characters as they experienced the ups
Rossy
Jan 21, 2010 Rossy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: chic-lit fans/married women
This was a good book, fairly typical chic-lit. In my personal opinion though it was not as good as Nearlyweds. Maybe it's that am single and just couldn't relate to how the main characters felt, which was odd because i was able to previously. Perhaps it's the subject of cheating and how the heroines reacted to it. I know for sure i would have done it differently, but again am not married now so who knows if my perspective could change in that matter. Overall it was good and it had a satisfying e ...more
Tmjj33ronataurreviews
Nov 19, 2015 Tmjj33ronataurreviews rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: friends
Recommended to Tmjj33ronataurreviews by: sacramento public library
Shelves: favorites, fangirling
3 couples. 2 married and the other one has a fianceè; mara. Jen and eric at first acted like children til eric wanted out. I couldn't believe with my own eyes is why would josh would leave Mara for a stripper? Loyalty should really fall between what's fake and what's real. My honest opinion is i don't like Alex and i don't like Patrick or Michael, these three don't give up. I really don't like is how alex strips down and don't care if ellie's daughter Hannah walks in. She'll get scarred and you ...more
Kayla
Aug 21, 2015 Kayla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book opens the conversation starter for "Would you sign a pre-nup?" This story presents different sides to the pre-nup and gives you a good idea of what one may experience - cheating clause, division of assets, etc. Never being in the situation regarding a pre-nup, this book opened up a thinking card for if and when the time comes, I go into it smart and not naive.
Christine Grant
This book started out great. The friendship between the three main characters is solid and believable. Each of the three main storylines is interesting and entertaining. It's a quick piece of chick-lit reminscent of Beth Harbison's books. I read most of the book over the course of two days, and then I entered a section that I found boring and confusing. I don't know if too much is going on or not enough is going on--all I know is that I stopped reading. I'm sure I'll finish the book so that I ca ...more
Lissa
Jan 12, 2009 Lissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2009
Amazing novel...very quick read.
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★
All you need is love? For the residents of swanky Mayfair Estates, a pre-nup is just another item on the wedding to-do checklist—but three friends get more than they bargained for when they promise to love, cherish . . . and sign on the dotted line.

Ellie married her handsome, wealthy Prince Charming when she was young, naive, and willing to sign a one-sided pre-nup in the name of true love. But seven years and one toddler later, her happily-ever-after has come screeching to a halt. If she can’t
Lissa
Sep 23, 2013 Lissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fresh-fiction
Reviewed by Lissa Staley
Posted November 15, 2008

Contemporary Chick Lit

When friendship matters most, Ellie, Jen and Mara have been there for each other, ever since their college days. Although they are each at a different stage in their personal lives, they are each facing heartbreak because of that most troublesome of legal documents -- the prenuptial agreement.

Ellie and Michael have the perfect marriage, their three- year-old daughter Hannah is adorable and Michael's parents are wealthy and s
Laurie
Nov 15, 2008 Laurie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lifetime Movie Lovers
Recommended to Laurie by: GoodReads Giveaway
The Pre-nup is a story of three friends who conveniently experience rough patches in each of their romantic relationships and work together to solve their problems.

This story is fast-paced and unfolds in a predictable but satisfying manner. Little time is spent on character and setting development and it is difficult to determine the timeframe of when the events unfolded. There are some holes in the plot as it jumps from one character to another but the overall story flows quickly to the end.

T
Bridget Bailey
Apr 03, 2015 Bridget Bailey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of many books I have read by this author. She is true chick lit and doesn't veer from it. This was a cute book and a quick read. It was pretty predictable with a couple things thrown in just to keep you on your toes. It's a great easy mindless read if you love chick lit.
Teresa
Dec 28, 2015 Teresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yet another fun read by Beth Kendrick. Liked all 3 main characters and loved how they supported each other. Found it interesting how all 3 relationships worked out differently for each woman.
Robin
Nov 21, 2014 Robin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
another wonderful story by Beth. Marriage from many angles is basis of the plot. I fell in love with the main characters and felt their pain. I had to read thru to see what happened.
Tamar
Apr 22, 2015 Tamar rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Your typical run of the mill chick lit book where everyone starts out perfect, has some struggles, finds a way to make those struggles perfectly disappear and then ends up perfect again. Everything wraps up splendidly with a nice little bow. Not exactly indicative of real life. But who reads chick lit for an indication of real life anyway?
Ramona Lazar
Dec 02, 2014 Ramona Lazar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good book. I read it in one sitting , yeah, I know I am crazy but I am a bookworm and that's it...
Julie
Jan 30, 2009 Julie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Julie by: goodreads
I received this book free from goodreads and was excited to read it. The plot sounded interesting -- three women who were in various stages of relationships who had (or were going to have) pre-nup agreements. While the premise sounded fun, I had a hard time keeping track of the couples..the women were just not memorable enough to keep me engaged from day to day (I read the book on the bus every day). I also didn't care for the way the ending wrapped everything up nice and neat and happily every ...more
ReBecca
A cute and quick read! Follow these three ladies through their journey of engagement, marriage and divorce!
Rose Anderson
A fun book about 3 women & their romantic relationships.
Jessie
Mar 03, 2015 Jessie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very cute book- loved the characters, couldn't put it down!!
Theresa
Aug 25, 2015 Theresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny, love the ending!
Rebecca (Beckee)
Dec 07, 2014 Rebecca (Beckee) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun, easy read. I enjoyed all the characters and even had a few laughs.
Jen
Jun 29, 2009 Jen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor-romance
Ellie, Mara & Jen are best friends; they live in a very weatlthy neighborhood and they are all having man problems.

Ellie is married to Michael; they look like the happiest couple in the world until Michael is found having an affair.

Mara is ready to get married to Josh, or is she?

Jen is married, but is she truly in love with him?

The chapters are each told by one of the main characters. THe story is funny, but very far-fetched. I did not really like the ending.
I won this book from a Goodreads giveaway and it was definitely a quick, enjoyable read. I'm not a big fan of chicklit normally, but this one wasn't too bad. The storyline was fun, but the three main characters just weren't believable. The story is predictable as well, but it is a FUN story. The story includes bastard men, cheating, lying, bitchy women, dishonesty, divorce, and even a stripper. But underneath it all is hope, and that's what's really important, right?
Bianca
Jan 27, 2014 Bianca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-books
Loved, loved, loved this one! Read it in one day and then frantically searched for more books by Beth Kendrick. Many parts were unpredictable with a few twists and turns that I wasn't expecting from this kind of book. I loved the three main characters and seriously rooted for them the whole way through. When they were angry, I was angry. When they were happy, I was happy. Can't wait to read more books by this author!
Margarita
Nov 13, 2008 Margarita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
This was actually better than I thought it would be. This was the story of three women friends who are in various stages of marital relationships. It is set in Scottsdale which did not really add anything to the story, but there it is. There were some interesting twists and it was an altogether very satisfying and readable book. I am going to pass on my advance reader's copy - I know several friends who would enjoy it.
Tami
I received this book through a contest. I first thought it would be a romance novel, and it somewhat is, but it is much more realistic than most.

The author follows 3 women friends through their relationships ups and downs. Marraige, divorce, cheating, children and work; the book shows the point of view of not only the women but their spouses, in-laws, and other acquaintances.

It was an light easy read.
Shari
Jan 07, 2016 Shari rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Beth Kendrick is one of my favorite authors. This story is about 3 friends who all are either getting married or are married and the pre nup agreement they have. Mostly about couples who grow apart and do not communicate. There were funny parts but overall I found this a sad book. The couples loved each other but were not able to get over the stuff in their lives to work on their relationships.
Ellen
Jul 15, 2016 Ellen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very easy read, flew through it in a day. Not a lot of substance, but sometimes I need a mindless book!
Lisa
Sep 23, 2010 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it.
At first, I struggled a bit trying to keep track of the characters, what they did and who they were with. But once I got it straightened out, it was really easy to get through the book. There were some good laughs along the way. Additionally, it was really refreshing to read a chick-lit where the setting took place in Scottsdale.
I'm interested in reading her other books.
Kim
Aug 02, 2011 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always enjoy this author. She has an excellent way to keep you involved in her writing. This book kept me reading because of the three strong women that were going through so much. I enjoyed reading it because it shows people's true colors as most people do not want to show weaknesses. These women showed their true colors and didn't let people walk all over them! It was refreshing.
  • Good Luck
  • Questions to Ask Before Marrying
  • The Penny Pinchers Club
  • The Ex-Mrs. Hedgefund
  • Fifteen Minutes of Shame
  • Draco Montague (Stallion Island Series, #11)
  • Easy on the Eyes
  • First Comes Love
  • Hook, Line and Sink Him
  • A Little Ray of Sunshine
  • Gucci Gucci Coo
This is the part where I’m supposed to brag about all my illustrious accomplishments, but honestly, I’d rather talk about my dogs and brag about some of the things I haven’t done:

I’ve never been to prison*, court-ordered rehab*, or splashed across the cover of a salacious weekly gossip tabloid with my ladybits on display**.

I’m a Leo, a middle child, and a formidable Trivial Pursuit opponent. I re
More about Beth Kendrick...