Start by marking “Hex in High Heels (Hex, #4)” as Want to Read:
Hex in High Heels (Hex, #4)

Hex in High Heels (Hex #4)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  1,021 ratings  ·  64 reviews
In this sexy, funny paranormal romance by bestselling author Linda Wisdom, it's all beautiful witch Blair Fitzpatrick can do to keep a lid on her talent for revenge spells, but things are about to get a lot more complicated...
Published October 1st 2009 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Hex in High Heels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hex in High Heels

Wendy Hines

Hex in High Heels is the fourth installment in Linda Wisdom's witch series. Centuries ago, thirteen witches were banished from the academy because they wouldn't give up the one who performed an illegal spell. Now, they still still keep in touch with each other, even as their banishment seems to never end.

Blair Fitzpatrick runs a vintage shop and sells revenge spells on the side. She's had a crush on the town carpenter, Jake Harrison, for ages. Jake's a Were who turns into a cute and cuddly borde
Kathy Davie
Fourth in the Jazz Tremaine paranormal romance series revolving around a group of witches expelled from school back in 1313. No, it's not military time...

My Take
Oooh, boy...we get the whole background on Jake this time around. And it's more than I would have bargained for. I do like Blair's approach when mommie dearest asked for a spell.

It's a tricky courtship with Jake wanting to avoid all talk about his former pack and believing that magickal species just can't mix. Doubts like these are what
Seawood
Ok, I admit it - I love this series. They're my literary equivalent of a Marks & Spencer's walnut whip - light, fluffy, with a good happy-ending chocolate hit, and you don't feel dirty afterwards like you do with the Nestle version. Soon gone, but you know you can get another and it'll be good quality.

I was a bit unsure about this one because of the focus on Blair - I miss Jazz! but there was enough Fluff and Puff to keep me happy. And the ending was a little rushed, I feel. But overall, yep
Jenni Ebba
Wisdom has a wonderful sense of humor that we can see throughout this story. Hex in High Heels is an awesome addition to the witch series. Blair Fitzpatrick is a Hex Witch, able to conjure vengeance spells to teach people lessons. She finds her perfect pair in Jake Harrison, were collie extraordinaire. Together they have to overcome grubby elves, nosy neighbors, and ex Pack-mates wanting Jake dead. It's another great foray into the world of the others!
Vannessa
Another funny installment to this paranormal romance series about a group of witches banished from the Witches Council a few hundred years ago. We're back with Blair and Stasi in this one in their little mountain town of Moonstone Lake and Agnes, the mayor's wife, is organising the annual Winter festival, roping everyone in when they don't really want to be involved.

The first meeting for the festival starts the ball rolling with all the trouble that is going to pile up on top of the witches. Roa
Sabrina
I had a fantastic time reading Hex in High Heels! Although this was not the first book in Linda Wisdom's Hex series, it was super easy to fall right into the story of "feisty witch" Blair and Shapeshifter Jake's story. Linda weaves a wonderful world were magical creatures exist within our midst and she shows both the light and dark side within that world - all while keeping it hexy and sexy! I now have a new series to go back and enjoy from the beginning!

My love of a good witchy paranormal has b
Mason
What’s a guy to do when his family shuns him? To make matters worse, the family wants him dead.

Deciding to leave his family and go out on his own wasn’t a difficult decision for hunky carpenter Jake Harrison. Letting the feisty shop owner, Blair Fitzpatrick, get close to him is.

The two are complete opposites. Blair is into vintage items. Jake is an outdoors-type. Blair is a witch. Jake is a Were-Border Collie.

“Hex in High Heels” is a funny, laugh-out loud magical journey. It’s a mixture of roman
Nely
Blair loves running her vintage shop and hanging out with her witchy friends Stasi and Jazz, she has quite the knack for revenge spells and she's always had a crush on local, hunky carpenter Jake Harrison, whose Were nature (he's a Border collie) makes him loyal, lovable, and fierce when the need arises. Just when things are finally getting heated with Jake, she’s thrown for a loop when Jake's mother shows up along with his pack leader, who threatens to make Jake heel! When the alpha does the un ...more
Carolyn (Book Chick City)
This is the fourth book in the Hex series by Linda Wisdom and with each book in the series the focus shifts to a different witch, except for book 1 and 2.

This novel focuses on Blair, a sexy witch who has been expelled, along with 12 other witchy friends from the Witches Academy, for 700 years. She now lives in the 'real world' and runs a book/lingerie shop with her witchy friend Stasi, who had her own story told in Book 3. Sometimes Blaire helps the town folk by putting hexes on the people who h
Serena
Oct 01, 2009 Serena rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: paranormal romance readers
Linda Wisdom's Hex in High Heels is a fun novel that will have readers giggling and becoming inspired to use their own magical revenge spells.

"Horace bounced up and down in his excitement as he met Blair and Stasi at the kitchen door. 'Let me tell you, wolf shit smells really bad when it's set on fire. I put bags outside of every door, so they got it everywhere. That Roan dude was royally pissed, too. And I left a bag at the end of one of the ski runs and someone ran right into it!' he chortled.
Cassandra
Review by Cassandra from Book Talk

My Thoughts

I really enjoyed this book. Blair is such a fun character to read about. Her specialty is revenge and she's not afraid to speak her mind. She's brash and in your face but not in an obnoxious way. She's been in lust with Jake for a while now and while the interest is reciprocated he's still keeping her at arms length. Blair is the type of witch who knows what she wants and will stop at nothing to make those wants come true. She's willing to help those
Valorie
Hex in High Heels was my introduction to the world of Linda Wisdom and Blair Fitzpatrick. Though it is book four in the series, I decided to start from book four and then see how the series struck me, if it was something I would be in to. As it seems to be, the books are all loosely connected with the same characters reoccurring, but different ones taking the starring roles. So, though the series was new to me, I hoped that I wouldn’t have to know too much about Blair and her life previously to ...more
Cheryl
In Hex in High Heels, we meet Blair Fitzpatrick. She is a witch. She is also friends with Stasi and Jazz. Blair runs Blast from the Past. A shop that specializes in vintage items.

Jake Harrison is the object of Blair’s affections. Currently they are just friends. He would like to take things further but he doesn’t want to get Blair messed up in his life. He is a shifter. Right now is not the time for him and Blair to get involved, especially since his pack wants him back. They want Jake back so
Chelsea
This is the fourth book in Linda Wisdom's witch series. For the most part they are cutesy and entertaining, none of them what you'd call spectacular. This for me was the weakest.

Blair is a witch who specializes in revenge spells. She lives in a small town and owns a shop that sells all sorts of retro/nostalgic items that she and her fellow witch friends have gathered over the many years of their lives. For me one of the most baffling hard to swallow parts of the series is the fact that these wom
Erline
Hex in High Heels is the fourth book in Linda Wisdom's Jazz Tremaine series. In this book we get a closer look into the life of Blair, one of the 13 witches expelled from their magic academy 700 years ago.

Blair lives with Stasi in their small mountain town by Moonstone Lake, the place they gather every full moon with their witch sisters. She also owns her own store selling retro items.

Like the other witches, Blair has her speciality which happens to be creating revenge spells and finally finds h
Michelle
"Fun, fun, fun. That's my short review. I thoroughly enjoyed myself reading this book. Ms. Wisdom has created a fascinating world filled with witches, weres, wizards, fae, elves, and so much more. I love the fact that she has added her own spin to each of these myths, making them different from all of the other supernatural series out there these days. [return][return][return]The synopsis describes it as sexy, and I'll admit I was not prepared for its steaminess. However, I'm also not complainin ...more
Anna
Linda Wisdom is another new author to me. This is the first time I've read her work. If you haven't heard of the Jazz Tremaine series, it's a series about witches or should I say "Hexy" witches. The first two feature, Jazz Tremaine herself, the third featuring Stasi Romanov and 4th and latest book Hex in High Heels features Blair Fitzpatrick.

Blair runs a shop called Blast from the Past that sells vintage items and she's also a witch. One that has been crushing on shape-shifter Jake for a while n
Roberta
A solid romance. The main character, Blair is a witch who specializes in revenge spells. She's had an attraction to Jake, a Were who turns into a Border Collie. Not the first in the series, but it reads as a stand alone. Nevertheless, I missed out on some world building in the previous three novels, and I'd have enjoyed this novel more if I'd read them first.

Not a straight up romance, there is action, suspense, and numerous plot complications.

The sex scenes are pretty good.

Only one complaint r
Justine
Linda Wisdom is one of the most reliable writers in the paranormal romance genre, of the last several years. You know she'll give you a fun story, flamboyant & imaginative "pets" & companions to her bevy of bewitching heroines, and fabulous romance - in & out of the bedroom (or office, or kitchen table, or....like I said, always imaginative and fun.) I'm also inclined to say that Blair may have passed Jaz, in this book, as my personal favorite Wisdom witch. Or maybe it's simply that ...more
circe
Really enjoyable

Very fun quick read! MUCH better that my initial expectations. this is worth getting and getting cozy for a light hearted quick read.
Nic
If you're going to tackle a pack of wolf shape changers of course all you need is a pissed off revenge witch, an incorrigible gargoyle and a border collie with family frictions.

After giving the trusting collie brief tokens of affection Blair finds that her tall dark and handsome is also four legged and furry and on death row. It's one thing smuggling a prisoner out of the dog pound but figuring out what's going on in the psychotic pack. When Blair and Jake are up with the plan it'll take some fa
Vanessa
I have not read the full Jazz Tremaine Series yet and have only read the 3rd(Wicked by any other name) and 4th, which could almost be stand alone books and be a part of thier own series. I certainly do plan on reading the rest of the series but Stasi and Blair will by fair be my favorite story lines.

this book includes humor, action, suspense,smoldering sex scenes, and incredibly sexy were that turns into an adorable border collie!!! what else could you ask for...

But for a few Drunked crude elve
Tracey
I really enjoyed this book...until the last few chapters where it just seemed to fall apart. The dramatic events that was hinted to come all through the book actually felt like it was over and finished within a few paragraphs. It was quite a let down as it had so much potential to have a better ending. I am still puzzled about what will happen with the pack etc as I just cannot see them walking away. Fluff and Puff were entertaining as usual and tattoo was quite funny! I skipped the 2nd and 3rd ...more
Natalie
This is book 4 in what was originally called the Jazz Tremaine series but was changed into the Hex series. This one centers around Blair and her Were boyfriend Jake; meaning that all the other Hex characters are included. So yes, the rabid bunny slippers are here and so is the gargoyle and Jazz's ghost Irma. It's a typical Linda Wisdom Paranormal Romance - full of natural humor, sassy women, good friends, wonderful side characters, some hot sex, action, and adventure. It was a good book and it's ...more
Sarah Giron haslerud
Good fun! Characters are great and have fun personalities.
Simplydolphins
This was one of my first witch/were books. I wasn't sure I would like this type of genre but the cover looked interesting enough. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I laughed so much through the book at Blair and Stasti's and the problems they always found themselves in. There was alot of comedy, some romance, and even some steamy scenes. The revenge spells were definately something I know a few people could benefit from!! Definately recommend this fun read! ...more
Donna
This fourth book in the Jazz Tremaine series has Jazz making only the briefest of appearances. The story centers on Blair, one of the group of witches that includes Jazz and Stasi, the focus of book #3. We get the story behind her were-dog boyfriend Jake as the small town that Blair and Stasi live in is threatened once again.

This was another fun, fluffy, mindless read. The story line in this one was a bit weak compared to the others in the series.
Amanda
This was an okay book. A bit light and fluffy and quirky. I think if I had read the previous three books before this one I would have enjoyed it more. I have not decided yet if I wish to go back and read those books yet. Maybe if I have nothing better to read I will. The characters were okay but I was busy playing catch up on to who was who too much to really enjoy them. An easy read and entertaining. And the sex scenes were pretty hot! :)
Tammy
This time it's Blair's turn at love. The town's winter carnival is coming up and Blair's determined to see it succeed, despite the busload of elves arriving to "help." In the meantime, the mother and entire pack of her were collie boyfriend Jake show up, looking to cause trouble between him and Blair. Jazz, Stasi, the bunny slippers, and the whole gang are here to help.

This series is silly and fun; I enjoy it quite a bit.
Diane ~Firefly~
Nothing says romance like a witch and a border collie. Blair has been interested in local carpenter, Jake, for a while. But Jake has pack issues and doesn't want to get involved.

Pretty good story. I liked it better than the last one and look forward to reading about more of the witches in the future. I love the details/minor characters like Fluff and Puff.
  • Chick with a Charm (Babes-on-Brooms, #2)
  • The Scot, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Accidental Witch Trilogy, #3)
  • By Magic Alone (Magic, #4)
  • Charmed & Deadly (Bronwyn the Witch, #3)
  • Magic and the Modern Girl (Jane Madison, #3)
  • Kiss & Hell (Hell, #1)
  • My Favorite Witch
  • Dead If I Do (Garnet Lacey, #4)
  • Sex & the Immortal Bad Boy (Immortally Sexy, #4)
  • Thoroughly Kissed (Fates #2)
  • A Witch in Time (A Bewitching Mystery, #6)
  • Allegra Fairweather (Allegra Fairweather Mystery #1)
  • The Goodbye Witch (A Wishcraft Mystery, #4)
I'm a multi-published author since 1979 and now writing paranormal romance or what I like to call witch lit. 50 Ways to Hex Your Lover came out this past March and Hex Appeal comes out in November with Halloween promotion and will also be carried in Target.

My witch series has also been optioned to be shopped around as a TV series or movie. So here's hoping!
More about Linda Wisdom...

Hex (6 books)
  • 50 Ways to Hex Your Lover (Hex, #1)
  • Hex Appeal (Hex, #2)
  • Wicked by Any Other Name (Hex, #3)
  • Demons Are a Girl's Best Friend (Hex, #5)
  • A Demon Does It Better (Hex, #6)
50 Ways to Hex Your Lover (Hex, #1) Hex Appeal (Hex, #2) Wicked by Any Other Name (Hex, #3) Demons Are a Girl's Best Friend (Hex, #5) A Demon Does It Better (Hex, #6)

“May our sanctuary provide us with continued protection and strength,” 0 likes