Start by marking “The Denzel Principle: Why Black Women Can't Find Good Black Men” as Want to Read:
The Denzel Principle: Why Black Women Can't Find Good Black Men

The Denzel Principle: Why Black Women Can't Find Good Black Men

"Sisters decry the shortage of good men and say there is no way she is settling for less than a good Black man. Not just a good one, but the BEST one: Denzel Washington. She, of course, has no idea what that means, what she wants or what a good Black man truly looks like." –from The Denzel Principle

The Denzel Principle is the belief that the perfect man—in the form of Denz
Published February 16th 2010 by St. Martin's Press (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Denzel Principle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Denzel Principle

Titilayo
this was some funny cynical stuff. its what i expected from jimi izrael. i was pleased. not at the sentiment of the book, but i like his prose. his disillusionment with dating black women screams from the time you reach page one. and its little wonder considering how bad he was/is at choosing them. i appreciate him discussing the origins of his views which like his commentary of EVERYTHING else reminds me of the professor from pymgallion.

i do enjoy his social critic; especially these gems about
Shanae
Jul 01, 2010 Shanae rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: NO ONE.
Jimi Izrael is, unfortunately, a scorned man who found a publisher with St. Martin's Press. Unfortunately, Izrael puts out a bunch of problems he finds with Black women, who he says bash Black men with inaccurate sweeping generalizations. Here are some of his:

"Black women don't do our women the way they do us."

"People talk shit, but numbers don't lie. According to smart white folks who know, two-thirds of all black marriages end in divorce, creating whole neighborhoods of single-parent families,
CKE387
I didn't like it - blames mostly the woman for almost all of the relationship problems. The only 'advice' that might be worthwhile was "don't try to make your man into your own personal Denzel."
Keith Reed
My review from http://realconvo.wordpress.com :

It must suck being Jimi Izrael. All the man wanted to do was offer his take on relationships between black men and women. The problem is that his work on relationships has been a third rail for a while. To have read it is to know that Izrael operates his pen with the subtlety of a billy club to the back of the head. I’m a firm believer in the idiom that it’s not what you say but how you say it. How Izrael says it is blunt, profane and sometimes outr
Lawrence Tuck
This book was alright. Interesting points of view about a great many things. Expected more of a “documentary” or “interview” type of feel to the book, but most of it seemed to be the author’s opinion, or drew upon his OWN experience/opinion as to what a woman needs/looks for in a man. Again, not quite what I expected. Felt like I did when I read “Act like a lady, think like a man”, that the things he’s speaking of don’t apply to me…….
Tahasti Hopper
this book is one i think most single women need to read to understand that if you have a list of must-haves for your potential mate, you could be making yourself unavailable to actually finding your soul mate.
Mujahid Aziz
Nice book very opinionated style of writing had a bit of game mostly from a man stand point for a female reader...Had some interesting label for type of guys & female to lookout for on the dating scene at the end of the book.
Shandra
Did not like the writing style, stopped after chapter 2. Maybe I will pick it up and read it again, one day.
Tanya
Sep 23, 2011 Tanya rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sort of funny, sort of sad. I like his voice and they way he writes but I can't say I agree with any if his theories. I'm glad I'm happily married to a good black man.
Sharee
Sharee rated it it was ok
May 12, 2014
Brandon Odom
Brandon Odom rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2016
Ros
Ros rated it it was ok
Oct 21, 2010
Hassan
Hassan rated it liked it
Nov 27, 2011
Cocopuffs
Cocopuffs rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2016
Aretha
Aretha rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2013
Byron
Byron rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2011
Patricia
Patricia rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2012
iamHER
iamHER rated it it was ok
Jan 01, 2012
Tonya
Tonya rated it it was ok
Mar 29, 2010
tara hall
tara hall rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2015
Karyn Folan
Karyn Folan rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2014
Chelsea
This was entertaining to a point.
Laura rated it did not like it
Jan 19, 2013
VaLinda Miller
VaLinda Miller rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2011
Meme Dawson
Meme Dawson rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2012
Sharice
Sharice rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2011
Naomi
Naomi rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2012
 Nina
Nina rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2017
Shana
Shana marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2010
Roy
Roy marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2010
Bailey Chong
Bailey Chong marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2010
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2010
Nandi Crawford
Nandi Crawford marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2010
Saqi
Saqi marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2010
Jarrett
Jarrett is currently reading it
Sep 11, 2010
Vee
Vee marked it as to-read
May 10, 2011
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2011
Michael Strode
Michael Strode marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2011
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2011
Dexter
Dexter added it
Aug 10, 2011
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2011
Kapil Jain
Kapil Jain marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2013
DelRica
DelRica marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2013
Truthly
Truthly marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2013
A Robinson
A Robinson marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2013
Valyncia Raphael
Valyncia Raphael marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2013
Aisha Almond
Aisha Almond marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2013